Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Good news is you have a shorter week.

Does he work super long hours? What would be his typical work hours?
Sometimes he works long hours, but not all the time. He usually gets in about 9:30 AM and stays until 5:30 or 6:00 PM.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-21-2018, 07:51 AM
Administrator

My wife and I used to work for the same company and we met at a Happy Hour for people at work, but we were in different departments and on different floors, so we really didn't interact at work. We were both hesitant to date initially due to the fact that we worked together, but the fact that we didn't work directly with each other worked for us.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Sometimes he works long hours, but not all the time. He usually gets in about 9:30 AM and stays until 5:30 or 6:00 PM.
So he basically works a normal schedule overall on average minus when he works a little more. Too bad his hours weren't different from your hours, haha. Outside of his demanding ways, passive aggressive moods, is he overall there for people when they need him?
Old 03-21-2018, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My wife and I used to work for the same company and we met at a Happy Hour for people at work, but we were in different departments and on different floors, so we really didn't interact at work. We were both hesitant to date initially due to the fact that we worked together, but the fact that we didn't work directly with each other worked for us.
Your situation was entirely different. You guys worked in different departments on different floors. That's basically like... not working together at all.

Your situation worked perfectly.

Truth is, in this country Hollywood represents 5% where actors date while filming shows and movies. However, we see how much that works out... look at Sophia/Chad and what happened to them... I will always think they were both beyond selfish and stupid for going there. They were young and dumb, even Sophia said as much... but they weren't working on a film that would last only a few months. They worked on a long running TV series that went on for nearly a decade. A nightmare for their situation when Sophia wanted nowhere near Chad. They had to finish out the Brucas 2.0 nightmare storyline too while separated. Brooke/Lucas weren't lasting anyway so it's not like they stopped a pairing that was happening long term... Lucas/Peyton were Ephram/Amy. But still, what a horrible situation. Then there's Nina and Ian on TVD... supposedly there was drama like crazy after they broke up. The list goes on... Hollywood feels they are different and they can skirt around the rules but at the end of the day it backfires more times than not.

Thankfully, Hollywood is not our norm and the 90/95% of Americans understand it's against our culture to mix business with pleasure in that way, when you're working side by side with someone, especially when one is in a position of power. That's asking for major trouble. No doubt people develop crushes and feelings on our workplace BUT since the laws are so strict, everyone keeps it private, usually personally private. I remember hearing about how France operates when it comes to this sort of thing... like I mentioned before... she was telling us about how it was basically a meat market at her work, even her boss saying sickening things to her... me and my Canadian friend had our jaws on the floor, we couldn't believe how it was there. It made us uncomfortable just hearing about it.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So he basically works a normal schedule overall on average minus when he works a little more. Too bad his hours weren't different from your hours, haha. Outside of his demanding ways, passive aggressive moods, is he overall there for people when they need him?
No. We never get his undivided attention. When we go in to see him, he’ll look at his e-mail, answer an e-mail, make a phone call, or take a phone call. He drives us all nuts.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So I went to the new dentist today. I can’t believe how nervous I get going to the dentist, LOL. It’s ridiculous. The more I try to control the anxiety the worse it gets. I literally get mad at myself while going through the anxiety. I knew today I wasn’t even having any sort of treatment done and it was just to take an x-ray about one specific tooth and I still was a nervous wreck, LOL.

The tech wanted to take full pictures of my entire mouth because I am a new patient so I could have a full treatment plan on everything that needs to be done and stupid me declined and said I would come back for the full x-rays and exam. LOL Well, technically I had no other choice because that would’ve taken another 45 minutes and I have a work conference call at 11:30 that I had to get home for. So I never would have been able to get that done due to work anyway. Although I could have called and delayed the meeting I suppose. Oh well, anxiety rules, lol.

Anyway, this pre-molar definitely needs a root canal. I already knew that but it was interesting to get a second opinion on it anyway. I’m going to have the root canal done on April 10. She doesn’t think there’s any infection at this moment but told me to call if I develop any swelling in the cheek and she’ll put me on an antibiotic. I almost think she would’ve put me on an antibiotic today if I would’ve said let’s cover it just in case. I might actually call back because I know that this broken tooth is already causing pulp issues since the opening is so massive which is why cold is like knives in my gum because it’s hitting the nerve. So I might call tomorrow and just get covered. Anyway, I have the root canal followed by the crown a few weeks later. Then I’ll have the full exam and we’ll see what else needs treated. I’m estimating two teeth need crowns and one tooth probably needs a root canal and crown.

Fun times. The good news is I really like this dentist and I’m glad she’s a female because I feel more comfortable with her. It’s also cool because they have a Dunkin’ Donuts right next to the dental clinic so I hopped over to Dunkin’ Donuts and got a French vanilla coffee and bought my dad a dozen of donuts. I wasn't nervous anymore at that point.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-21-2018 at 09:25 AM
Old 03-21-2018, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No. We never get his undivided attention. When we go in to see him, he’ll look at his e-mail, answer an e-mail, make a phone call, or take a phone call. He drives us all nuts.
What an idiot. But of course when he needs you, you have to act like a solider standing there hanging on his every word.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Your situation was entirely different. You guys worked in different departments on different floors. That's basically like... not working together at all.

Your situation worked perfectly.
Yes, we were lucky. If we had ever broken up while we still worked together it would have created a very uncomfortable situation though. I'm glad that never happened.

Quote:
Truth is, in this country Hollywood represents 5% where actors date while filming shows and movies. However, we see how much that works out... look at Sophia/Chad and what happened to them... I will always think they were both beyond selfish and stupid for going there. They were young and dumb, even Sophia said as much... but they weren't working on a film that would last only a few months. They worked on a long running TV series that went on for nearly a decade. A nightmare for their situation when Sophia wanted nowhere near Chad. They had to finish out the Brucas 2.0 nightmare storyline too while separated. Brooke/Lucas weren't lasting anyway so it's not like they stopped a pairing that was happening long term... Lucas/Peyton were Ephram/Amy. But still, what a horrible situation. Then there's Nina and Ian on TVD... supposedly there was drama like crazy after they broke up. The list goes on... Hollywood feels they are different and they can skirt around the rules but at the end of the day it backfires more times than not.

Thankfully, Hollywood is not our norm and the 90/95% of Americans understand it's against our culture to mix business with pleasure in that way, when you're working side by side with someone, especially when one is in a position of power. That's asking for major trouble. No doubt people develop crushes and feelings on our workplace BUT since the laws are so strict, everyone keeps it private, usually personally private. I remember hearing about how France operates when it comes to this sort of thing... like I mentioned before... she was telling us about how it was basically a meat market at her work, even her boss saying sickening things to her... me and my Canadian friend had our jaws on the floor, we couldn't believe how it was there. It made us uncomfortable just hearing about it.
At my present company one woman (that I've told Michelle about) reportedly hooked up with one of the Vice Presidents (a married man) and then she reportedly hooked up with an engineer that she shared an office with, who was also a married man, but he's since gotten a divorce. Ironically though, she acts like any man that is nice to her is trying to hit on her, and she has filed harassment charges against several people. I avoid her like the plague.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, we were lucky. If we had ever broken up while we still worked together it would have created a very uncomfortable situation though. I'm glad that never happened.
Absolutely.

Quote:
At my present company one woman (that I've told Michelle about) reportedly hooked up with one of the Vice Presidents (a married man) and then she reportedly hooked up with an engineer that she shared an office with, who was also a married man, but he's since gotten a divorce. Ironically though, she acts like any man that is nice to her is trying to hit on her, and she has filed harassment charges against several people. I avoid her like the plague.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I figured she wouldn't go away. What a loser.

This woman knows she can file the harassment charges because of the laws yet she's participated herself.

More evidence that you just don't do this at work!

Last edited by jediwands; 03-21-2018 at 02:13 PM
Old 03-21-2018, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So I went to the new dentist today. I can’t believe how nervous I get going to the dentist, LOL. It’s ridiculous. The more I try to control the anxiety the worse it gets. I literally get mad at myself while going through the anxiety. I knew today I wasn’t even having any sort of treatment done and it was just to take an x-ray about one specific tooth and I still was a nervous wreck, LOL.

The tech wanted to take full pictures of my entire mouth because I am a new patient so I could have a full treatment plan on everything that needs to be done and stupid me declined and said I would come back for the full x-rays and exam. LOL Well, technically I had no other choice because that would’ve taken another 45 minutes and I have a work conference call at 11:30 that I had to get home for. So I never would have been able to get that done due to work anyway. Although I could have called and delayed the meeting I suppose. Oh well, anxiety rules, lol.

Anyway, this pre-molar definitely needs a root canal. I already knew that but it was interesting to get a second opinion on it anyway. I’m going to have the root canal done on April 10. She doesn’t think there’s any infection at this moment but told me to call if I develop any swelling in the cheek and she’ll put me on an antibiotic. I almost think she would’ve put me on an antibiotic today if I would’ve said let’s cover it just in case. I might actually call back because I know that this broken tooth is already causing pulp issues since the opening is so massive which is why cold is like knives in my gum because it’s hitting the nerve. So I might call tomorrow and just get covered. Anyway, I have the root canal followed by the crown a few weeks later. Then I’ll have the full exam and we’ll see what else needs treated. I’m estimating two teeth need crowns and one tooth probably needs a root canal and crown.

Fun times. The good news is I really like this dentist and I’m glad she’s a female because I feel more comfortable with her. It’s also cool because they have a Dunkin’ Donuts right next to the dental clinic so I hopped over to Dunkin’ Donuts and got a French vanilla coffee and bought my dad a dozen of donuts. I wasn't nervous anymore at that point.
Going to the dentist isn't fun, so I completely understand why you would be nervous.

I've had several root canals and they aren't fun. Once you get the root canal it would be a good idea to get a crown as the tooth becomes more brittle and it can turn dark and eventually crack. That happened to me.

Good luck with all of that!

Old 03-21-2018, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Going to the dentist isn't fun, so I completely understand why you would be nervous.

I've had several root canals and they aren't fun. Once you get the root canal it would be a good idea to get a crown as the tooth becomes more brittle and it can turn dark and eventually crack. That happened to me.

Good luck with all of that!
Thanks. I am just concerned that my blood pressure is going to go up again on the 10th. I hope that doesn't happen. My doctor prescribed a beta blocker that helps with this so I might take one before the appointment. Yes, I definitely need a crown. The premolar is actually already broken, it's not just cracked, literally part of it is missing! The dentist said some teeth she can say the crown can be delayed but with mine... she said the second I would bite on that side (since there's part of the tooth missing) even if I won't feel it due to the root canal, it will 100% break more and then I'll need it extracted. So yes, I cannot chew on that side until the crown is in place three weeks after the root canal.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What an idiot. But of course when he needs you, you have to act like a solider standing there hanging on his every word.
Exactly. It's so frustrating.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly. It's so frustrating.
He sounds so horrible. I know he has a child but is he married. Jerry? If so, I feel sorry for his wife.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New thread time, closing now!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread