Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Cool! How is it going so far?
Good! Exciting games.

Quote:
Definitely . Btw this is what I was talking about the HR being not in the mood in the beginning of this month. I knew that he had the intention to break up with her.
Oh okay, got it.

Quote:
Oh yeah for sure. He was the guy that used to arrange all those soccer tournaments and he would always find car for me. Of course I would also take pictures or videos for the team. We do get along better. He still sends his wishes for my birthday unlike my current boss.
That is nice of him. Oh yes, I remember him.

Quote:
M told me that she does not like me. I did not ask why, but I always thought that it's related to the fact that I am in her way to have something with him as I am the woman he is the closest to at work. Though I guess they are close enough if she texts him at 9 PM. I would not do that. I do have his phone number, but if I text him it's work related. However I guess she just dislikes the fact that we travel together from work to home.
Hmm, that's kind of strange. You have to wonder what the conversation was between her and M. Yes, exactly, I find it interesting that she texts him at 9 PM. I have a gut feeling/intuition (naturally coming) that he flirts a little more with her than he's saying, lol. Not saying he wants to have a relationship with her but it seems like he talks to her a little more than he's willing to admit. She wouldn't text him at 9 PM otherwise or even tell him she dislikes you. There has to be slightly more to it.

Quote:
And I simply do not show to be impressed by her and I guess she is used to be in the center of the attention. Not only I do not act like she has it, but according to M I am always in the center wherever I am. Especially at work . For him I am either in the center or around the center . This is how he sees it. I found it weird as I hate being the center of the attention, but I guess this is how it looks for him.
That definitely could have something to do with it.

Quote:
Definitely . The CTO made a comment during the meeting that it's still not clear who will be the leader of this new team.
The other group? Meaning, it's up in the air if your ex boss will lead the team?

Quote:
I think so. She definitely seems interested in the business of the project as well as working on it.
That's great!
Old 03-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
How are doing the teams you are rooting for?
Every team has won so far.

Quote:
Unlike the jerk he was quite successful in coming up with ideas for team building where people felt good.
That's good. Do you wish he was still around?

Quote:
Exactly! I find it also weird that he told me the time she texted him. Like why this would matter for me . Except that he wanted me to know that she obviously was really bugged about the whole thing.
To see your reaction for some reason?

Quote:
Most probably he does not tell her NO to her flirting and that kind of fits in with your intuition/gut .
Yes, he claims she's not intelligent or whatever he's said and yet he seems to know a lot about her and she wouldn't be texting him at 9 PM if they didn't talk fairly regularly. No one does that unless there's some sort of comfortable, regular personal contact.

Quote:
As for the conversation. I know what he told me. Basically she saw the meeting on Wednesday and she saw that she was not invited. She asked the two guys that sit next to her because they were invited and they told her that they have no idea. Then she asked O and he told her that he is busy and he can't answer her then. Then she asked me and I told her that it's not a coincidence that she is not invited.
Omg, you told her that. How did she respond?

Quote:
So she texted M and asked him what's going on and if there will be people fired. He told her NO. She said that apparently some people were threatened with firing. I do not remember if he answered her or not, but he told me that she must have been talking about the ex boss.

She did not tell him that she does not like me. He thinks that she does not like me and told me so.
It's weird that he'd feel the need to tell you this. Who the fck cares? LOL I'm not sure why he'd find this important.

Quote:
But you are right they must talk more than what he lets on because he obviously also knew her new salary and when I asked him how he knows he did not want to explain.
Exactly.

Quote:
I asked him today why he told me this yesterday. I asked him if he did it just so I know or because he wants me do to something because I personally do not want to do anything. He told me that he told me just so that I know and he does not care either way.
Told you about her?

Quote:
Yes. This is how the CTO worded it.
Got it.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Have fun Betty! Interesting bit about the weather! Who are you going with?
Thanks, Michelle& Koni!
I am traveling alone... visiting my in laws.

Ugh, Jerry.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What are your plans this weekend, Betty?
Old 03-16-2018, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Sounds like really super plans, Jerry! What fun...parades...Italian food...and March Madness! Any particular teams you're rooting for?
Yes, I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Every year we meet up with a friend of mine who's from Ireland and his wife and daughter to watch the St, Patrick's Day Parade, (and this year the parade is actually on St, Patrick's Day) and then we go to this restaurant and bar that touts itself as "A great Italian Restaurant and a great Irish Bar" and have some dinner and my friend and I will have a pint of Harp Irish Lager which is brewed by the Guinness Company in Ireland, the same brewer that makes Guinness Extra Stout. I don't like Guinness Extra Stout though because it's too dark and heavy.

There are no particular teams that I'm rooting for Betty, but I just enjoy watching the games.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-16-2018, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
What are your plans this weekend, Betty?
I’m in central PA visiting my friend Paula.

Jerry, if you need some teams to root for..root for Seton Hall (my alma mater) & Villanova (my son’s alma mater).
Old 03-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I’m in central PA visiting my friend Paula.
That’s cool! What are you guys doing tomorrow?
Old 03-16-2018, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, this is great: Houston Astros extend Jose Altuve with 5-year deal
Old 03-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Jerry, if you need some teams to root for..root for Seton Hall (my alma mater) & Villanova (my son’s alma mater).
Great Betty! I'll do that!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That's awesome news Michelle! That was a smart move on the Astros' part. I was afraid that we might lose him.

As I mentioned, I dropped off my car tonight to get that recall taken care of and I'm going to get the car back on Monday. Teresa drove me home and tonight we went shopping. One of my nosy neighbors, who always makes a comment any time I wash my car said "So where's your car Jerry?" and I replied that it was recalled and I dropped it off at the dealers to get it fixed. He said "maybe you waxed it too much." What a jerk. I hate that the closest thing I have to friends here are some loudmouth nosy drunk neighbors. It really gets to me sometimes.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's awesome news Michelle! That was a smart move on the Astros' part. I was afraid that we might lose him.

As I mentioned, I dropped off my car tonight to get that recall taken care of and I'm going to get the car back on Monday. Teresa drove me home and tonight we went shopping. One of my nosy neighbors, who always makes a comment any time I wash my car said "So where's your car Jerry?" and I replied that it was recalled and I dropped it off at the dealers to get it fixed. He said "maybe you waxed it too much." What a jerk. I hate that the closest thing I have to friends here are some loudmouth nosy drunk neighbors. It really gets to me sometimes.
He’s a fan favorite. It’s wonderful that he’s staying long term. Like he said, he wanted to stay in Houston. Everyone wins.

What an ignorant jerk. I dislike nosy neighbors in general but ignorant ones as well are the worst. What kind of car/truck does he drive?
Old 03-17-2018, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That is good. So would you say that for now the results fit with your predictions?
Well there’s been a couple of upsets overall. A 16 seed defeated a 1 seed last night and never in history of the tournament has that happened. It was incredible.

Quote:
No because then I might not have been promoted like that . He was definitely better boss than this one. Then again the first time they were talking about separate team lead by me was when he was still around (in say 2012 or 2013). This is something my product manager from Hanover has wanted since a lot of time and he would always lobbied about this with the top management. So you never know.
Everything works out for a reason. But yes it seems you would have been promoted regardless.

Quote:
He did find that I had been texting with K in similar evening times and reacted a bit weird . Like he was wondering if K is in vacation and I told him that he is. Even though K is not in our team anymore, he tends to tell me when he goes in vacation just because we talk to each other when we walk home. So M wondered if he went home (meaning home city) and I told him that I doubt it because I had been texting with him the previous night and I was left with the impression that he is in the city. Then he said that he thought that he saw him near the mall that is close to the office in the morning. And then it got weird. Fist he said that he texted K to ask him and then he continued speculating saying that it would not make sense for K to be there if he is in vacation. I do not think that he texted him to ask him that and have no idea why he told me that he texted K when I am sure that he did not.
This sounds like there’s some awkward feelings. Why would he care if you were texting K otherwise? Guys are not concerned with this crap unless there's a reason. He's either telling you this stuff about the girl to make you jealous or for whatever reason, to check out your reaction. Not a coincidence you text with the other guy and he's now texting the girl and telling you about it. It could be his personality type though and he wants to be number 1 period so it's kind of a game. I just hope any awkward feelings do not get in the way of the professional setting because you've worked way too hard to be where you're at right now. Also, you're technically his boss now which makes it even more gray and not necessarily okay... or it certainly wouldn't be okay in this country because of how strict we are in the office... might be okay in yours. Not sure? You know best how it is in your country and the way to handle this. To tell you the truth though... I get a very heavy feeling in my chest while thinking about this. Part of it is I would go nuts in this sort of situation... I would despise soap opera drama at work. I would never allow it. Another part is I really think there's more going on here so my advice is just be aware of the situation.

Quote:
He knows weird stuff about people he does not like . It's because he is close to two guys at work who are really sociable and tell him stuff that he then tells me if finds them interesting enough! In this case this girl is communicating enough with one of the guys that M is close with plus the two guys that sit near her. All those guys all go together for lunch every day.

To be honest K and I do skype with each other around such times and I do not flirt with him . We just bond over our feelings towards the jerk or the ex boss so there is sometimes talks about that. It does show that we have something to talk about though and like you said there is some comfort where we know that we could skype each other around that time.
So you think he’s texting with her as friends or to go there just for kicks even if he doesn’t really like her?

Quote:
I don't remember my words, but basically she wanted to know if she is not invited by mistake or there is a reason for it. I told her that there is a reason for it and I did not just forget to invite her. And then I just went on to do something else. I honestly do not remember her reaction.
Not sure why she’d think you’d add her to the team when ex boss holds her hand.

Quote:

It was around the same time he found important to tell me that she likes him. This is why I am sure that the whole comment about her not liking me is related to the comment about her liking him. And he told me this because I told him that I do not find her particularly smart either so it's not like I want to communicate with her and he was like "Well she does not like you either so it's mutual" .
There’s definitely something past professional happening here like I said above.

Quote:
Everything. From the fact that she texted him, the conversation they had and then the conversation O had with the boss the next day because M had found connection on all that. I wanted to know if he told me this just for me to know because he specifically waited to be alone with me to tell me. When he told me this I was like "Whatever. He (ex boss) brought this on himself and I do not feel bad for doing so". I still checked with M if he feels some remorse or wants me to do something the next day. I told him that I do not want, but if he wants me to do something he could try to convince me. He told me that he does not care and that he just informed me.

Anyway I think that this would blow over. She is worried and upset now because I guess she senses that the place of the person that supported her (meaning ex boss) is not that secure. She is worried what would happen for her in this new team with this unclear management. It does not sound promising when you remain in a team where you do not know anything. Like they don't know who their boss will be, they do not know what they would work on etc. And even though the manager said that it's not like our team would be more important, it's actually like that. We get to work on the product that is important for the company. They get to work on other stuff. So yeah she is upset, but I do what I need to do for my team and product to succeed.

Like my mother said this is the better option. The people I want in my team are happy about it. It's the people that are not there. It would have been worse if it was the reverse .
Your mom’s totally right!

Last edited by jediwands; 03-17-2018 at 12:25 PM
Old 03-17-2018, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
He’s a fan favorite. It’s wonderful that he’s staying long term. Like he said, he wanted to stay in Houston. Everyone wins.
Definitely.

Quote:
What an ignorant jerk. I dislike nosy neighbors in general but ignorant ones as well are the worst. What kind of car/truck does he drive?
He drives a Ford F150. I don't see what business it is of his if I like to keep my car clean and why he always has to say something.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Sláinte mhaith!

Old 03-17-2018, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Definitely.

He drives a Ford F150. I don't see what business it is of his if I like to keep my car clean and why he always has to say something.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Sláinte mhaith!
He probably likes his Ford "manly looking" given all the guns and booze he lugs around.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That’s cool! What are you guys doing tomorrow?
We’re going to see the Greg Berlanti movie, Love, Simon, shop, and go out to dinner.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread