Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2018, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Sounds like a lovely weekend! Is Teresa Irish too or what is her ancestry?
Teresa is Irish, English and German.

Quote:
Nice. I love that specific color of green. I bet it was a beauty!
It was a beautiful car. Like me, you must have had the last of the old-time Thunderbirds. In 2002 they came out with the two-seater version of the car, but it was overpriced (MSRP at the time was $45,000.00 ) and it only sold for a few years before they discontinued it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-16-2018, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The CTO does want to fire both the jerk and the ex boss. He even wants to fire the architect. He is that pissed.
That would be so super, Koni!! But then...how boring work would become.
Quote:
We're going to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Houston tomorrow. Afterwards, we go to this Italian Restaurant in Downtown Houston for dinner. I'll probably watch some March Madness games this weekend too.
Sounds like really super plans, Jerry! What fun...parades...Italian food...and March Madness! Any particular teams you're rooting for?
Old 03-16-2018, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just want to tell all of you that I will be going to Florida again this year..leaving next Tuesday March 20th and returning on the 29th.
Everyone is telling me that they don't understand why I'm going the end of March when it gets warmer where I live and why didn't I go in January or February.
Well...The forcast is more snow the day I leave which might last a couple of days. So...I think it's okay that I'm going to Florida. The irony is the day I leave is the first day of Spring.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Plus my ex ex boss dislike conflict. Avoids it like the plague . I think that it makes total sense that he does not want to discuss this in too much details.

Over 40, but not sure how much.
I just slept from 7:30 AM until 11 AM, lol. I was not planning on that in the least. I was doing some work on the couch, Buddy at my feet snoozing, and what seemed to be two seconds later I woke up with work on top of my chest, 3 1/2 hours later, lol. I guess I needed the sleep.

Why did your ex ex boss leave again? Is he the one who had the affair or is this another boss?

Got it. Well, she's old enough to know better.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Teresa is Irish, English and German.
Nice. So cool you guys can celebrate Irish holidays together. Not that you couldn't if she didn't have some Irish but you know what I mean... makes celebrating all the more special. You two were truly meant to be.

Quote:
It was a beautiful car. Like me, you must have had the last of the old-time Thunderbirds. In 2002 they came out with the two-seater version of the car, but it was overpriced (MSRP at the time was $45,000.00 ) and it only sold for a few years before they discontinued it.
We did have the old timers. Man, I keep imagining my Thunderbird. I miss it. I can actually imagine riding in it and what it felt like for as cheesy as that sounds. The 2002 was definitely overpriced, wow. I wish they would bring back the ones we had. I would buy one again in a second. Do you drive an automatic or stick?
Old 03-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I just want to tell all of you that I will be going to Florida again this year..leaving next Tuesday March 20th and returning on the 29th.
Everyone is telling me that they don't understand why I'm going the end of March when it gets warmer where I live and why didn't I go in January or February.
Well...The forcast is more snow the day I leave which might last a couple of days. So...I think it's okay that I'm going to Florida. The irony is the day I leave is the first day of Spring.
Have tons of fun!
Old 03-16-2018, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You have not slept a lot this week so you definitely needed it! Good that you managed to take a little bit more sleep.
Thanks!

Quote:
This is the one that had the affair . And he left partly because of the affair, partly because he wanted something different.
Is he still with the one he was having the affair with? You liked him for a boss, minus the affair?

Quote:
True .

So now it's officially announced for the whole team. That girl had a pout the whole meeting . She was definitely not happy that she is not chosen in my team and I can't even understand why. She does not like me, she has said much to M or at least he knew even last year that she does not like me.

Basically everyone that was not chosen for my team is unhappy. Everyone chosen in my team is happy. I think that this kind of shows what people want to work on and who they want to work with.
Which girl? The one worried she might get fired due to ex boss taking care of her? If so, I am sure she's pissed because she believes if ex boss goes, she will have to go too so she'd rather be on your team as it seems to be the solid one.

Definitely speaks volumes! Do you think the unhappy ones on the other team will cause some trouble as a result or will they just remain unhappy but there's really nothing they can do about it?
Old 03-16-2018, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Nice. So cool you guys can celebrate Irish holidays together. Not that you couldn't if she didn't have some Irish but you know what I mean... makes celebrating all the more special. You two were truly meant to be.
Thanks!

Quote:
We did have the old timers. Man, I keep imagining my Thunderbird. I miss it. I can actually imagine riding in it and what it felt like for as cheesy as that sounds. The 2002 was definitely overpriced, wow. I wish they would bring back the ones we had. I would buy one again in a second. Do you drive an automatic or stick?
Yes, if they brought back the style of Thunderbird that we had, I would trade in my Fusion and buy one in a second. I drive an automatic. I've never driven a stick.

Ford miscalculated when they came out with the Retro two-seater Thunderbird. It was way overpriced for a Ford, especially back then (from 2001 to 2005) so the cars didn't sell well after the first year. I think they were trying to appeal to the Baby Boomer Generation that remembered the classic 1955 to 1957 Thunderbirds that were two-seaters, but they were way too expensive.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-16-2018, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Guess who's coming in to work today? My boss!

He was going to spend the day with his daughters, but one of them got sick, so he's coming into the office. I can't win!

Old 03-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ah. How many hours are left today and you will have to spend them with him? Sucks.
Less than 3 hours left, fortunately.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Are you watching March Madness now?
Yep. I plan my schedule around these two days (yesterday and today). They are my two favorite days of sports out of the entire year.

Quote:
Nah. The affair went completely wrong. The girl left the company before him, but I still keep in touch with her. He was with the HR, but they broke up last week and as it seems he moved out of their apartment last weekend.
What a mess.

Quote:
I was OK with him for a boss. He was a bit flaky (less than this one), but he gladly let me do the organization. He was OK with me talking during meetings and quite often we would decide between each other who gets to handle what. The only issue I had with him was his conflict avoidance. He also had issues with me about this. He was all about keeping harmony to the point of not arguing his point to not disturb the harmony. I am the other way around. I do believe that harmony is important, but if someone crosses a line they need to be told so. So yeah this was the only serious issue we had.
He sounds a lot better than your current ex boss.

Quote:
Yes, this girl. Yeah I believe the same. She just knows that her place is not secure, ours is.
Why wouldn't she like you?

Quote:
If there will be trouble I expect it from ex boss, the jerk and this girl. The others I do not see doing something. Of course we will see, but for now I think that we are OK. Even two girls that go to lunch with ex boss and jerk are happy to be in my team.

In fact one of them started working with me these two days. Well I took the initiative and she just continued working with me. She is a senior and I liked her a lot during her interview and she definitely is proving to be quite good.
Well if ex boss, jerk, girl cause any trouble they are toast. They are already skating on thin ice as is.

Awesome about the girl. I am sure she's thrilled being with you and your team.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks!

Yes, if they brought back the style of Thunderbird that we had, I would trade in my Fusion and buy one in a second. I drive an automatic. I've never driven a stick.

Ford miscalculated when they came out with the Retro two-seater Thunderbird. It was way overpriced for a Ford, especially back then (from 2001 to 2005) so the cars didn't sell well after the first year. I think they were trying to appeal to the Baby Boomer Generation that remembered the classic 1955 to 1957 Thunderbirds that were two-seaters, but they were way too expensive.
I drive an automatic too minus one car I had several years ago. It was a Honda Prelude stick. One of my guy friends sold it to me because he was getting a new car and at the time I needed one. He could have received about 8 grand for the Honda and he sold it to me for 1000 bucks and I don't even think he wanted to take that amount, lol. He's stayed at our place over the years like it was his second home and kept telling me this was his way to repay by giving me the car. I said we're talking thousands of dollars so I'm giving him something. We settled on a grand. Quite the deal. Only negative was it was a stick but I put up with it because of the deal and the quality of the car.

Too bad about the Thunderbird. Honestly, they had such a good thing going. Bring back our style! LOL
Old 03-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Guess who's coming in to work today? My boss!

He was going to spend the day with his daughters, but one of them got sick, so he's coming into the office. I can't win!
Horrible luck. Has he arrived yet? I hope he doesn't give you any grief and can't wait until you get out of there in a couple.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I drive an automatic too minus one car I had several years ago. It was a Honda Prelude stick. One of my guy friends sold it to me because he was getting a new car and at the time I needed one. He could have received about 8 grand for the Honda and he sold it to me for 1000 bucks and I don't even think he wanted to take that amount, lol. He's stayed at our place over the years like it was his second home and kept telling me this was his way to repay by giving me the car. I said we're talking thousands of dollars so I'm giving him something. We settled on a grand. Quite the deal. Only negative was it was a stick but I put up with it because of the deal and the quality of the car.
That sounded like an awesome deal! I tried to learn how to drive a stick because I worked for UPS part-time in college and I was in the union and I had seniority and I could have driven a package car for them full-time but all their package cars were sticks back then, so I rented a stick car and I took some lessons and I tried driving it, but I could never get the hang of it, at least not in the 3 days that I had to take a driving test with UPS. So I turned down that opportunity, which is just as well because I really don't like driving.

Quote:
Too bad about the Thunderbird. Honestly, they had such a good thing going. Bring back our style! LOL
I would love it if they did. How long did you have your Thunderbird? I had mine for 12 years.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That sounded like an awesome deal! I tried to learn how to drive a stick because I worked for UPS part-time in college and I was in the union and I had seniority and I could have driven a package car for them full-time but all their package cars were sticks back then, so I rented a stick car and I took some lessons and I tried driving it, but I could never get the hang of it, at least not in the 3 days that I had to take a driving test with UPS. So I turned down that opportunity, which is just as well because I really don't like driving.

I would love it if they did. How long did you have your Thunderbird? I had mine for 12 years.
Yes, as a rule, I don't love driving a stick. I only like how you save a little money due to getting better gas mileage. Apparently repairs are cheaper too. However, on a hill, I always got nervous that I would hit the car in back of me. I never did but I always felt tense on hills. The timing has to be perfect and it's not worth the anxiety. Plus, I hate having to use your arm and leg so much.

I had my Thunderbird for almost 10 years. Unfortunately, when I was in college, some idiot hit it while it was parked. I ended up getting another car after that very depressing day, lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread