Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
For now dealing with this guy seems OK. We will see once we continue talking to each other .
The Brazilian or someone else?
Old 03-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Nah. New guy . They have lots of guys there . I will see the Brazilian there, but I am defining the agenda with the Brazilian's boss. However she is in vacation this week so this is why I am polishing it with another guy.
Got it. How do you think the French will feel about the shake up at your work? Good or bad or complaining regardless? LOL
Old 03-12-2018, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
LOL! When does the humidity get started and how long does the humidity last? Probably as long as winter lasts in Minnesota.
It usually starts in late April and lasts until the end of October.

Quote:
Good!
I haven't had to deal with my boss today and I hope it stays that way!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It usually starts in late April and lasts until the end of October.

I haven't had to deal with my boss today and I hope it stays that way!
That is close to how long winter lasts in Minnesota, lol... I'd say from October - March, lol.

I don't know how you put up with the humidity, Jerry. I might be brave in the cold and snow but I am wimpy when it comes to heat and humidity. I physically feel sick in too much humidity.

I hope you don't have to deal with the pain in the neck today either. Crossing fingers! How late do you stay approximately?
Old 03-12-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Not sure . It's not like they have a choice . They are pretty aware that they can't succeed in this project without me. So they have to accept the shake up.

Today of course there were issues with the downtime of one of the servers and the German CTO is pretty pissed at my ex boss and wanted explanation. My ex boss of course compiled something with the jerk and sent an email. We will see if the CTO will accept this explanation.

They also planned the said meeting for tomorrow. We will see how it will go.
Well, for those in the French office who don't like the shake up, tough. I have a feeling they know it's to their benefit... or you would think, with you in charge.

What generally is the explanation?

Which meeting transpires tomorrow?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That is close to how long winter lasts in Minnesota, lol... I'd say from October - March, lol.
So we both live in different extremes! LOL! I hear that the mosquitoes are really bad in Minnesota in the Summer. Is that true? They're bad here sometimes in the Summer, especially if it rains a lot.

Quote:
I don't know how you put up with the humidity, Jerry. I might be brave in the cold and snow but I am wimpy when it comes to heat and humidity. I physically feel sick in too much humidity.
You learn to go from air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned house!

Quote:
I hope you don't have to deal with the pain in the neck today either. Crossing fingers! How late do you stay approximately?
So far so good! I usually try to leave the office at 4:00 PM otherwise the traffic is murder.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So we both live in different extremes! LOL! I hear that the mosquitoes are really bad in Minnesota in the Summer. Is that true? They're bad here sometimes in the Summer, especially if it rains a lot.
LOL! We do, Jerry.

You heard right! Mosquitoes are awful in the Summer. I can't stand it. One of many reasons why I hate the Summer. On Beverly Hills 90210, the Walsh family was originally from Minnesota. When Brenda was considering colleges they made the trip to Minnesota in the summer. They were constantly referring to the Mosquitoes in the episode. There were many stereotypes that were unfounded by Hollywood about Minnesota on that show, but the Mosquitoes (and down to earth personality) were not two of them at least. There's so many lakes in this state and I think that's what attracts Mosquitoes so much.

Quote:
You learn to go from air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned house!
Makes sense.

Quote:
So far so good! I usually try to leave the office at 4:00 PM otherwise the traffic is murder.
Got it. Hopefully your boss didn't prevent you from leaving on time today.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
LOL! We do, Jerry.

You heard right! Mosquitoes are awful in the Summer. I can't stand it. One of many reasons why I hate the Summer. On Beverly Hills 90210, the Walsh family was originally from Minnesota. When Brenda was considering colleges they made the trip to Minnesota in the summer. They were constantly referring to the Mosquitoes in the episode. There were many stereotypes that were unfounded by Hollywood about Minnesota on that show, but the Mosquitoes (and down to earth personality) were not two of them at least. There's so many lakes in this state and I think that's what attracts Mosquitoes so much.
You would think that the cold Winters would kill off all the mosquitoes, but noooooooo!

Quote:
Makes sense.
The only time we're really in the heat is when we walk Goldie or when we're by the pool.

Quote:
Got it. Hopefully your boss didn't prevent you from leaving on time today.
I was able to avoid him entirely today!

Old 03-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You would think that the cold Winters would kill off all the mosquitoes, but noooooooo!
It's too bad that cannot happen.

Quote:
The only time we're really in the heat is when we walk Goldie or when we're by the pool.
That's great.

Quote:
I was able to avoid him entirely today!
Wonderful!

How close is your desk from his?
Old 03-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
How close is your desk from his?
About 10 feet, but he's in an office and he often has his door closed, like today.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
About 10 feet, but he's in an office and he often has his door closed, like today.
Really close but good news he’s typically in his office with his door closed.

Is Teresa still liking her job?
Old 03-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Really close but good news he’s typically in his office with his door closed.
Yes, I love it when his door is closed!

Quote:
Is Teresa still liking her job?
Yes she is, but she still doesn't know if they'll hire her permanently so she's anxious about it. I keep telling her not to worry, but it's easier said than done. I would be anxious too if I were in her position.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, I love it when his door is closed!
I bet! Does he generally work the same hours as you?

Quote:
Yes she is, but she still doesn't know if they'll hire her permanently so she's anxious about it. I keep telling her not to worry, but it's easier said than done. I would be anxious too if I were in her position.
I can understand why she’s anxious. Does she have an idea of how long it might last should it be short-term? I hope they tell her soon either way and I’ll continue to pray they offer her a long-term position.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I bet! Does he generally work the same hours as you?
He gets in about an hour and a half after I do and he's still there when I leave.

Quote:
I can understand why she’s anxious. Does she have an idea of how long it might last should it be short-term? I hope they tell her soon either way and I’ll continue to pray they offer her a long-term position.
Probably a few more months, but she's really not sure. Thanks for your prayers. I really hope that this works out for her.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He gets in about an hour and a half after I do and he's still there when I leave.
How often does he stop you shortly before you are ready to leave?

Quote:
Probably a few more months, but she's really not sure. Thanks for your prayers. I really hope that this works out for her.
Me too! How long has she been working there?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread