Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 03:18 AM
New Fan

Yes, I hope they have those scenes with Grawp.
I was squeeing so much while reading it!
The first time that I thought H/Hr could actually be cannon.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Old 07-05-2004, 05:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

hello everyone!

for the trio-hug, i see a foreshadow too because for me the fact that Hermione hugs Ron is like the kiss on the cheek in OotP, she tries to tell "Ron, i'm here" but of course he's Ron so doesn't see anything! so she will go towards Harry.
And the fact that Harry hugs her, that "he wants to participate" foreshadows what will happen in the 6th book, which is Harry realizing what Hermione truly means for him.
well i hope that's what will happen because i WANT that & i can't see anything else.
i mean they have a relationship stronger and stronger in every book so she just can't break that!
i mean Hermione just can't leave Harry alone after what happened and didn't she say something like "see you soon Harry, i promise" at the end of OotP?

oh and thank you eveyone for your congrats!
Old 07-05-2004, 06:00 AM
New Fan

Re: Long post--sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by bluestockinghp
hammergirl -- Your posts are always so insightful--I always say ITA to myself--time I posted to say so.

At the same time the movie gave Ron short shrift, making him seem less and less worthy of contending for Hermione's heart. The movie played up his fear of spiders and took away his most courageous line (about defending Harry in the Shrieking Shack scene) and gave it to Hermione.

I guess the scene that got their attention is the trio hug, which I have to admit I have a lot of trouble explaining. The only answer I can think of is that Cuaron was determined to put in his homage to Y tu mama tambien and have a trio hug, even if it had to be forced.
Just to respond to these two points:
1) I was thinking the exact same thing! It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Ron's character. After reading OotP , one of my first thoughts was "where was Ron?" One of my first reactions after PoA movie was "Where's Ron?" Loads of people have commented on how Hermione has gotten Ron's lines, or Ron has been cut from lots of scenes....my question is, does that mena that all of Hermione's lines will be given to Ron in OotP? Otherwise, by then, you might just have to cut him out of the movie (I can only hope...sorry not a big Ron fan)

2) I read in Entertainment Weekely magazine that Cuaron put that hug in as tribute to his "threesome" movie...so I take it as such, and seperate it out form the Harry Potter world entirely. Lots of directors tend to do that, and it's usually out of fun, not because it has anything to do with the movie's story or plotlines (present or future).
Old 07-05-2004, 06:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Holy cow look at this thread!!! Swarming with Newbies!

Anywho, my oldbie sibs are back! *tackles them* Sade and Ami my dahlin's I missed you both sooooo much! Yes Ami we're back to killing each other. *sigh* Those were the good ol' days.

Psst...has anyone seen your Uncle Ron? Gred and Forge gave me some new inventions to put in his dinner when Molly and Mummy Arabella aren't looking. Yes, I know, papa Sirius would be proud of me too. *sigh*
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 07-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
liv- that animal icon is HILAROUS!! i love it but can you slow down the one where it has the text about the animals awaiting harry and hermione to get together? i can't read it that fast!!!!!!
I noticed that. >.<" Will fix it in a bit.

Quote:
(since Buckbeak is a love-bird etc.)
ok. That's it. I have to ask. Where did THAT lovebird thing come from? o_O"

Quote:
Oh, and did you guys know that Alfonso said Dan and Emma are hot?
DID HE? One of the reasons i love the guy! DAYUMN!

Quote:
I definitely want to see the kiss at the end of GoF. I also want to see Harry's jaw dropping when he sees Hermione all dressed up. Add to that: Harry telling R/Hr about his kiss with Cho (gotta love jealous Hermione), Krum asking Harry if something's going on between him and Hermione (after all Harry is a "rival", hee) and of course all the grabbing and touching in OotP
Ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto! lol

Quote:
Originally posted by bluestockinghp
I guess the scene that got their attention is the trio hug, which I have to admit I have a lot of trouble explaining. Why does Hermione turn to Ron first for comfort after Buckbeak's execution? It doesn't make sense with the rest of the movie. The only answer I can think of is that Cuaron was determined to put in his homage to Y tu mama tambien and have a trio hug, even if it had to be forced. If he had Hermione embrace Harry first, there was no way it would have been credible for Ron to then rest his head on Hermione's shoulder. Ron has never initiated physical contact with Hermione; he would have just stood there while the other two comforted each other. But once Hermione reached out to Ron, it was at least a little believable that Harry would reach out to her as well. Although the whole scene still looked forced and awkward to me--a staged tableau rather than a realistic scene.
So cool! I never took the time to analise that scene. XP (Oh, who am i kidding, i'm not an analiser kind of person. XP) Loved how you explained it though. *.*

Quote:
Excellent! So we are back to killing siblings?

Ah the sweet smell of auror sibling rivalry.
Gee. o.o" *scared beyond words*
But hey, you're back! ^^ I joined a while ago, but you had already left. I'm Liv. ^_^ Nice to meet ya!
Old 07-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Welcome Bloody Sakura, bloominluv, Brooke, Leila and bluestockinghp to the Aurors Forum!

bluestockinghp-
Quote:
guess the scene that got their attention is the trio hug, which I have to admit I have a lot of trouble explaining. Why does Hermione turn to Ron first for comfort after Buckbeak's execution? It doesn't make sense with the rest of the movie. The only answer I can think of is that Cuaron was determined to put in his homage to Y tu mama tambien and have a trio hug, even if it had to be forced.
IT IS A HOMAGE TO Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN!!! I remember reading an article and he said how in POA, he put in a homage to Y tu mama tambien...
Don't mind your long post! Don't be sorry!

Quote:
If JKR did give Cuaron the OK for his changes then I am more confident than ever that H/HR is her eventual choice.
Remember that JKR doesn't have complete control over the films.. Remember how JKR emphasized that it was Cuaron's vision for hte film... But @ the same time she did emphasize that the stuff that Cuaron put it accidently was a clue for Book 6/7... hmm... maybe the greater intensity of H/Hr? Hopefully!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 07-05-2004, 07:29 AM
New Fan

I just want the DVD to come out now!!!!!!!.......I wanna re-watch the Harry and Hermione moments. I've just recently watched POA, and since I already knew what was gonna happen in the movie because of reading the book, I was hardly paying attention to what was going on in the movie...all I was searching for was the Harry and Hermione moments. To tell you the truth, I wasn't too pleased with them. I guess it was because I expected MUCH MUCH more. When it ended, I was like, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's it?!!!" In my personal opinion the movie was great, it had a lot of imagery and symbolism, but the director missed out on a lot of stuff. In the book there was Harry expressing a lot of sympathy towards Hermione when Ron was being totally annoying about that dumb Scabbers thing. As one would witness in the novel, I don't think the director showed the blossoming of Ron's arrogance as it was written quite clearly in the POA novel. Also, the hand holding, the falling untop of each other and arm hugging amused me throughout the movie, but I really wished that there could have been much more...I kind of wanted there to be a lot more dialogue between Harry and Hermione. Well, that's all I gotta say for now. But if Chris Columbus directed this movie, I bet he would have stayed true to the book...but then again, the movie would be 50 years long...

It happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of our lives like busboys in a restaurant.

If Mickey is a mouse, Donald is a duck, Pluto is a dog. What's Goofy...?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:11 AM
New Fan

Thoughts...

I decided, finally, to read the Harry Potter books and I said to myself that I'm going to keep an open mind about the movies that come out.
Let's face it..the movies are never going to be as good as the book..period. It's hard to translate from books to movies without disappointing the readers. In order for the movie to flow, minor scenes will be cut or changed.
I'm currently reading GoF and I find Hermione's S.P.E.W project hilarious, but if it doesn't get put in the movie I won't be disappointed. It's really just a side story, not anything to do with the basic plot of book. I don't expect the movie to be 100% like the book...Anybody agree?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Loyal Fan

LADIES! (and lurking gentlemen!)

Look what i've just found!

D/E videoclip. Cutest thing!
Just click on Save Destiny As. ^_^

I got SOOO giddy you have NO idea! *in Auror heaven*
Old 07-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

I saw that one already. Cute indeed. Thanks for posting, Liv!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi ppl!! Im new here I'm 01Bee u can call me Bee if u want it really makes no difference. I luv H/HR and D/E they are just the perfect couple and also the reason why i luv Harry Potter heeehee. I saw POA 3 times and i believe the movie is the beginning of H/Hr lovin. I can't wait to see GOF next year. I am also looking forward to the H/Hr kiss at the end.
I agree best Friends make the best lovers Can i pls be added?
I luv that video BTW I've never seen it before.

What's Fatso's favourite mall?
Eatons(eat tons) Centre. Hahaha.

Last edited by 01Bee; 07-05-2004 at 08:49 AM
Old 07-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Nora*

I read a comment of a R/Hr shipper, who said they think that R/Hr's hug when Buckbeak was executed was forshadowing (since Buckbeak is a love-bird etc.) and I had to laugh. I mean, at that very same moment, who was out there in the forrest saving Buckbeak? That's right. Harry and Hermione. I just had to share that.
If the whole "huging while buckbeak is being executed is a sign of love...it means their love is dead...no? they hug while the thing that represent love (buckbeak) is getting killed....

While H/Hr are saving buckbeak (as Nora said) and so their love at the same time (if we follow the same lead)

That scene isn't as sidekicks as I thought...

Icon by me

Last edited by dawnie@; 07-05-2004 at 09:19 AM
Old 07-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Hatchkoff
LADIES! (and lurking gentlemen!)

Look what i've just found!

D/E videoclip. Cutest thing!
Just click on Save Destiny As. ^_^

I got SOOO giddy you have NO idea! *in Auror heaven*
that is SOOOO cute! OMG! I'm having a party over this video!!!!!

hey...I just noticed with your comments about ladies and gentlemen that there's no boys around here...mostly girls! I never noticed that before!

Icon by me
Old 07-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I just read the last chapter of OotP again and I can not tell you how my heart bleeds for Harry. I almost cried, I swear. Imagine you'd know that you couldn't lead a normal life until you either kill Voldemort or he kills you. Boy... I really wonder how Hermione will react when he (hopefully) tells her in HBP.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top