Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

*Blinks and misses thread*
Hey, what happened? I'm gone for what, two days and you started another thread!

Welcome everyone!

I agree with Harry as being the funny one, because he doesn't try to be funny and it ends up being hilarious! Like when Malfoy confronts him at the end of the year...

"You're dead, Potter."
Harry raised his eyebrows. "Funny," he said' "you'd think I'd have stopped walking around..."

Lady_Hatchkoff I love that avie!

The HP moment I'm loking forward to is how Harry and Hermione will tell each other how they feel, or any H/Hr moment for that matter. Also, I want to see how they handled the kiss at the end of GoF.

Dan and Emma have to be the most beautiful 14 year olds I've seen! *mutters* Why couldn't guys have looked like that when I was fourteen...*

Happy 4th eveyone!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:47 PM
New Fan

Hmm... I've noticed some people are actually going to watch PoA for the second or third time... So...

Do you think I'm too sick if I tell you I've seen it five times already? * cackles madly*

Anyway... I'm going to bed now. I've been awake for the last 30 hours and I need to be up again in 6. +_+ I'll read your answers later. Night fellow Aurors!

(P.S.: Thanks for the talking, Liv.)
Old 07-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Welcome Lelia! \o/

Quote:
Hey!! Come back here! I saw you leaving!
*Stops in mid-step.* Uh-oh. o.o"

Thanks Lyn, Raven and Sharon! *_*

Quote:
Anyway... I'm going to bed now. I've been awake for the last 30 hours and I need to be up again in 6. +_+ I'll read your answers later. Night fellow Aurors!

(P.S.: Thanks for the talking, Liv.)
You're crazy, have i told you that? Thanks for the company too! ^__^ ttyl! \o_

Old 07-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good Nite! BTW, I don't think your sick. When CoS came out I saw it at least 4 times in the theatre, however I've only seen PoA twice... I'm slippin' here!
Now I want to see it again!
Old 07-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Liv, lovely icons! Bye, Bloody Sakura. I'm looking forward to h/hr admitting their feelings.

Harry/Hermione- The most famous and brightest pair of lovers

July 23rd- Daniel Radcliffe and Charisma Carpenter's birthdays. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

There's always that one true love, and it's up to you to get it or lose it. ~Lyn
Old 07-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Long post--sorry

hammergirl -- Your posts are always so insightful--I always say ITA to myself--time I posted to say so.

I was very surprised at how much Cuaron had H and Hr physically close in the POA movie--I sure didn't remember all that in the book, so I reread the last few chapters. Cuaron added SO much--the whole whomping willow scene was much more dramatic, Hr landing on top of Harry is not in the book, all the hand-holding and full-body embraces in the time-turner sequence are not in the book. The Werewolf-Lupin chase scene, with Hermione sheltering desperately in Harry's arms, was completely made up for the movie. In the book H and Hr grab each other's arm occasionally, but that's about it.

At the same time the movie gave Ron short shrift, making him seem less and less worthy of contending for Hermione's heart. The movie played up his fear of spiders and took away his most courageous line (about defending Harry in the Shrieking Shack scene) and gave it to Hermione. Plus the Ron/Hermione hug in Hagrid's hut got cut. We did get Hermione grabbing Ron's arm twice in the Care of Magical Creatures class--but that can be interpreted as an instinctual reaction on Hermione's part when she feels Harry might be in danger from Buckbeak. So I have to say I was very surprised to see how many people (including critics and even the producer) felt that the movie showed R/Hr's budding romance.

I guess the scene that got their attention is the trio hug, which I have to admit I have a lot of trouble explaining. Why does Hermione turn to Ron first for comfort after Buckbeak's execution? It doesn't make sense with the rest of the movie. The only answer I can think of is that Cuaron was determined to put in his homage to Y tu mama tambien and have a trio hug, even if it had to be forced. If he had Hermione embrace Harry first, there was no way it would have been credible for Ron to then rest his head on Hermione's shoulder. Ron has never initiated physical contact with Hermione; he would have just stood there while the other two comforted each other. But once Hermione reached out to Ron, it was at least a little believable that Harry would reach out to her as well. Although the whole scene still looked forced and awkward to me--a staged tableau rather than a realistic scene.

So my question is does anyone know whether Cuaron had to clear all the H/Hr touching and embraces with JKR? It sort of makes it hard for the next director to just ignore the H/Hr closeness and have Harry crushed out on Cho for the next two movies. Assuming they include the H/Hr scene walking around the lake in GOF, Newell will have to position them so they are back to looking like just friends again rather than a couple. (And, given how Dan and Emma are gazing so adoringly at each other these days, he may just have to have them walk side by side and never look at each other to have THAT work.)

If JKR did give Cuaron the OK for his changes then I am more confident than ever that H/HR is her eventual choice. The only way that might not happen is if one of them dies (obviously) or Rowling goes the Star Wars route and makes them long-separated siblings. (Tricky to do since she's told us Harry's birthday is in July and Hermione's in September.) She's not going to give the "greatest witch of her age" and the female character she most identifies with to anyone less than Harry.

Apologies for the length but at least I don't post very often!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

hey no apologizing for long posting! you're not an auror until you've done this long, drawn out post about why you love them so much. everything you said is totally true, too! there was a lot more touching and all that than the book. i think that may be a clue as to what's to come. i also was kind of wondering as to why the trio hug scene was seen as a ron and hermione moment. i always thought of that was a friendship trio moment. they're all hugging each other, it's so touching. you're right though, ron would just stand there and watch harry and hermione hug. i also think that fonzie had harry and hermione run holding hands and all that more because dan and emma were really comfortable with it. we've seen lately that they're both really comfortable around each other and have no problems touching each other. i mean look at the difference of cos and poa. when cos came out, there was that famous quote by emma where she said she didn't have a problem hugging dan, it was that it was in front of crews. but in poa, they had no problem clinging to each other and holding hands.

the third book is my favorite really because so many things change. it's really the book when hermione and harry's relationship becomes a lot closer. even though they fight, they go back in time and the reader can really see how they understand each other.

liv- that animal icon is HILAROUS!! i love it but can you slow down the one where it has the text about the animals awaiting harry and hermione to get together? i can't read it that fast!!!!!!

wow look how long this post got.

I LOVE THIS COUPLE!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

bluestockinghp took belle's spot!

*pushes her off cliff*

now you can be saved by the man of your dreams but don't try to take dan or harry, mum and emma may be a little....angry.

also HHHEEEELLLLOOOOOO to all the newbies. i love meeting all of the new aurors!!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

I know I've said it like a hundred times already, but I'm so proud to be an Auror. So much to read! I you guys!

But first things first: Welcome to all the newbies! I'll add you all to the list after the long post I'm about to type.

I read a comment of a R/Hr shipper, who said they think that R/Hr's hug when Buckbeak was executed was forshadowing (since Buckbeak is a love-bird etc.) and I had to laugh. I mean, at that very same moment, who was out there in the forrest saving Buckbeak? That's right. Harry and Hermione. I just had to share that.

Sade - That article is so cute! Damn right they are a good match! Does that mean we're not delusional after all? Aw, I'm so happy.

Oh, and did you guys know that Alfonso said Dan and Emma are hot? I love that guy.

But I'm utterly and completely against a love-triangle. On Dawson's Creek, I loved Dawson and Pacey's friendship and after the Joey-crap, their friendship never fully recovered. I really hope JKR does better than that.

As for the prophecy: the logical and optimistic part of me says that Harry will kill Voldemort *cough*andlivehappilyeverafterwithHermione*cough*, but I don't know how much desire JKR has to surprise or shock us. On the other hand, I read in an article that she loves Harry to death and that he's her favorite character...and given that she cried hard when she killed SIRIUS, I don't think she could bring herself to kill Harry even if she wanted to.

Shannon - I definitely want to see the kiss at the end of GoF. I also want to see Harry's jaw dropping when he sees Hermione all dressed up. Add to that: Harry telling R/Hr about his kiss with Cho (gotta love jealous Hermione), Krum asking Harry if something's going on between him and Hermione (after all Harry is a "rival", hee) and of course all the grabbing and touching in OotP

hammergal - Awww! You're comin' to Germany? Where exactly do you go? And London is beautiful! Pretty expensive, though.

Quote:
And of course Harry and Hermione just have that spark...OotP was so fantastic, Harry just thinks of Hermione all the way through, in nearly everything he does! He knows the difference between a crush (Cho) and meaningful love (Hermione) because ultimately he realizes he doesn't really care about Cho but he nearly passes out at the thought of losing his Hermione!
WORD! Also notice how he never defends Cho in front of Hermione, but whenever Cho makes a comment about Hermione he's all ready to throttle her? Teehee.

Quote:
So my question is does anyone know whether Cuaron had to clear all the H/Hr touching and embraces with JKR?
bluestockinghp - I'm pretty certain that he had to. JKR has a lot of saying in those "little" details and she usually tells them how to do something because of all the forshadowing.

Okay so now that I'm done commenting on posts, I just needed to post a quote from OotP (it's shortly after H/Hr have a little fight):

Hermione said nothing; she was looking at Harry, who was staring blankly at the opposite wall of the common room while Crookshanks pawed at his hand, trying to get his ears scratched.
'What's wrong, Harry?'
'What?' he said quickly. 'Nothing.'
He seized his copy of "Defense Magical Theory" and pretended to be looking up something in the index. Crookshanks gave him up as a bad job and slunk away under Hermione's chair.

Notice how Crookshanks actions mirror Hermione? It's really amazing when you pay attention to it. When H/Hr fight, Hedwig or Crookshanks are always riled up and nervous and everything. And when H/Hr aren't fighting, Crookshanks is purring in Harry's lap. And Crookshanks never - and I mean NEVER, not ONCE - does that with Ron. He must sense that Ron isn't worthy enough of his owner while Harry obviously is.

That's it for now. Have a great day, Aurors!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:43 PM
New Fan

Good morning!
I have littele translat with Japanese Press Conference (2004)
but it's so little! http://www.always-emma.org/interviews_poa21.htm
Old 07-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Master Fan

A snippet from that interview:

Watson: I know that David, Rupert, Dan or Alfonso would never give themselves credit but someone has to say it... the people who put the film together worked so hard. All of these people deserve all the credit that you give them.

I wonder why they cut out all the stuff she said about Dan.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:35 AM
ABG
Loyal Fan

Re: Long post--sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by bluestockinghp
[I guess the scene that got their attention is the trio hug, which I have to admit I have a lot of trouble explaining. Why does Hermione turn to Ron first for comfort after Buckbeak's execution? It doesn't make sense with the rest of the movie. The only answer I can think of is that Cuaron was determined to put in his homage to Y tu mama tambien and have a trio hug, even if it had to be forced. If he had Hermione embrace Harry first, there was no way it would have been credible for Ron to then rest his head on Hermione's shoulder. Ron has never initiated physical contact with Hermione; he would have just stood there while the other two comforted each other. But once Hermione reached out to Ron, it was at least a little believable that Harry would reach out to her as well. Although the whole scene still looked forced and awkward to me--a staged tableau rather than a realistic scene.
I said the exact same thing on another board about that scene, only with different words. I guess that wouldn't make it "exactly" the same, but it's the same idea. For that homage to work, Hermione had to be hugging Ron. Think about how good that makes Harry look. He's hugging Hermione while Ron won't even put an arm around her, and he's holding onto his rat. Which boy is smarter? Pretty girl or rat? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by dawnie@
where are you going?
The OC and the City of Angels. Southern California.

See y'all in a week. Keep posting like mad, just as long as someone cares to fill me in later.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Welcome...(blueshockingHp)... I love long post....especially it is about H/hr or D/E..and I totally agree with every word that you said. I thought that part where Hermione "hugging" Ron, it just friendly-trio-hug...nothing more. Beside,....not only did Harry put his hand on Hermione but he put his whole body against her. Not Ron..all he cares is gripping on to his "rats"

@Nora: I was wondering too, why did they cut or misquote that "quote" about What emma's said about Dan from P.C.

here is my long-post
I was thinking,..and maybe I am wrong..but from watching Poa for two time now,..it seem like Harry/Dan?...he was kind of "harsh"or "igored" to Hermione/Emma, there are few scene that he is like that,..remember when they both were hidding behind..that pumpkin..when they were in Time Turner. and Harry saw "rats/Peter" from hut..he was about to go and get him...but Hermione she stop him, and Harry turned to her..and kind of shap with her...and said "He killed my parent,..do you expect ME TO SIT HERE!!" or something along that line.

and other scene,...is when they both were sitting near that tree...and Harry were telling Hermione about "Sirus and him..living together" and he mention that he saw his "father" and Hermione were like "that is not possible..aren't he die" and again...Harry "shap" at her again..and said "I KNOW THAT!!, I just want to tell you what I saw"
here are more..but that is only scene I remember.

it seem,..like to me, everytime...Harry being "harsh" or screeming his lung out" with Hermione..from movie or book..(especially from Book 5) Hermione doesn't seem to mind..she just get him have "shout" and at end she still loves and understand him. but when Ron screem or being "harsh" on her. She is being mean or right down-igored him.

That is why?...I am so proud to be H/hr ship even more...
Old 07-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed_2000
hey all! really good title and now i have a question.

what hp moment in the books are you most looking forward to? for me, there's harry and hermione kissing for the first time. i'm really curious how jkr will write this. i'm also weirdly curious of how she will show ron and hermione in the next books..i know weird.
In OotP, I'm dying to see how they will portray Hermione's reactions to Harry talking to Cho. And I really hope that they keep the stuff from when they meet Grawp in. There's so many looks and quiet humour between the two. And especially (ooh i wish i could go get my book and type it exactly) when they're following Hagrid into the forest, Hermione runs into him and falls backwards, and Harry catches her a foot off the ground. It captures the whole 'I will catch you when you fall' thing between them. Theres more physical stuff of Harry saving her from Grawp in the chapter too.
Proud Arrow #190 and Auror #208
Old 07-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

I agree, Tieka. I also love the scene where Hermione is shaking and whimpering while she clinges to Harry behind a tree.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top