Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyjoy
I want to say Hi to all the candies
Hello! Aren't Michael and Maria a great couple?

They're still my main 'ship, even after all these years and all the TV shows.

And every time I think I might be starting to lose some of my Roswell love, I just have to watch one of my S1 or 2 DVDs, and it's right back there. I don't think I'm ever going to get over my Roswell fandom.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 05-18-2005, 01:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla
Hello! Aren't Michael and Maria a great couple?

They're still my main 'ship, even after all these years and all the TV shows.

And every time I think I might be starting to lose some of my Roswell love, I just have to watch one of my S1 or 2 DVDs, and it's right back there. I don't think I'm ever going to get over my Roswell fandom.
yes they're so adorable!!
they're definitely my best couple
I their explosive chemistry

what are your favourite eps?

ps. no season 3 dvds?
Old 05-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Season 3 isn't out in the US yet... Hmmm... I love Depature as far as an M&M episode (Even though that question wasn't necessarily directed at me, I felt I could answer).
Old 05-19-2005, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyjoy
what are your favourite eps?
Now, that's a tough question for me to answer. I love so many of them. There isn't an episode in the first two seasons that didn't have something I enjoyed greatly. But let's see - here are my (current ) top 5 eps: (subject to change) Viva Las Vegas, A Roswell Christmas Carol, 285 South, The Convention, and Heatwave.

Quote:
ps. no season 3 dvds?
Nope - don't have 'em. And I don't think I'll be getting them, even when they do come out here. I'm okay with the first two seasons.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 05-19-2005, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla
Nope - don't have 'em. And I don't think I'll be getting them, even when they do come out here. I'm okay with the first two seasons.
Same here, for me S3 just isn't Roswell. I'd only get them if they'd come with a huge special with lots of bonus stuff. But I highly doubt they'll do that .

Old 05-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well said, Tahra... It also dealt so well with topics that so many other shows brush over in a few episodes like feeling lonely, out of place, and different... Feeling like you had to hide yourself. I think that this aspect drew so many people into it, and kept them watching. It's amazing that after 6 years, we're still discussing the show with a passion that many shows lose after time... Especially such short lived ones as Roswell.

I think that's another reason people are so drawn to M&M... They both had their own issues that many kids have to deal with, and they found comfort in each other. They hadn't been through the same situations, but they could understand each other, much in the way that many of the fans feel about their significant other.
Exactly. You said it all in one!

I'm going to be getting S3 when it comes out. Just to complete the series. There were some eps in S3 I really liked, some were just plain boring, but never to mind.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 05-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm getting s3 just to have the whole series as well... Besides, there are some great sceens that I love... oh, and Colin IS in 1 eppy.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Tahra invited me to come here, so Hi everybody. I am lacking time today, but to add my two cents, even though i don't like season 3, there were some good moments, like the Santa/Snowflake one, Michael being jealous, Michael's speech in Graduation.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:07 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

Hey Candies!

I was thinking of maybe buying the S3 DVDs though I'd probably just watch it once. Just because I want the entire Roswell collection on my shelf. I'm thinking otherwise now, though. What with so many DVDs to buy, S3 would be a waste of money. Especially if I only watch Samuel Rising.

I'm kind of in a hurry right now too. See you guys tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Hmmm... well, there's other great Candy moments in s3.. but, they're fewer than in the previous 2 seasons... and you kinda have to look for them more, for some reason (at least in my opinion)...
Old 05-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

Well, i bought the third season, because i wanted the complete collection. I would have hated to just have the first two seasons, and not the third, even though i don't like this one. Yeah, weird, i know.

Old 05-28-2005, 03:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Well, i bought the third season, because i wanted the complete collection. I would have hated to just have the first two seasons, and not the third, even though i don't like this one. Yeah, weird, i know.
That's why I bought it. I have no intention of watching a lot of the episodes. Except the select few, but I wanted a complete Roswell collection.

And you know what? Talking of the DVD's they are being released in the US soon aren't they. And they have a DVD extra that we over in Europe didn't get. "Shiri's Roswell DVD Tour Of Japan". I'm not a die hard fan of Shiri's but I would have liked to have seen it.

Quote:
Hmmm... well, there's other great Candy moments in s3.. but, they're fewer than in the previous 2 seasons... and you kinda have to look for them more, for some reason (at least in my opinion)...
Yeah, you do. Season 3, as a whole... SUCKED. But there were a few lovely Candy moments, such as what Michael says to Maria in Graduation and the Santa/Snowflake thing. But I still prefer to watch the previous two seasons. Not just because of M&M, but because of the other characters as well. I didn't really like most of them in season 3.

Quote:
Now, that's a tough question for me to answer. I love so many of them. There isn't an episode in the first two seasons that didn't have something I enjoyed greatly. But let's see - here are my (current ) top 5 eps: (subject to change) Viva Las Vegas, A Roswell Christmas Carol, 285 South, The Convention, and Heatwave.
My favourites at the moment, are:

Viva Las Vegas
Departure (sorry gazers)
Independence Day
Blood Brothers (first eppy I watched)
285 South
& Heatwave

But like Anla, my "list" changes.

Kate
Old 05-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

HI candies

Quote:
Viva Las Vegas
Departure (sorry gazers)
Independence Day
Blood Brothers (first eppy I watched)
285 South
& Heatwave

But like Anla, my "list" changes.
Yeah, ditto on the list, but you can add the hybrid chronicles, too. Because it was a group episode, with great M/M moments, because of Laurie (i love Laurie and i even wrote a challenge where Laurie and Michael had been raised together by Charles Dupree, you can find the fic at CID), and because we got to learn more about Michael's human donor. Plus another road trip, which is a classic for our candy couple.

Tahra, in case you don't come back on the candy thread, on the Roswell board, i have posted the link to the fic "A christmas revelation", there.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Laurie is sort of Michaels sister right? I don't remember
Yes those were great epies, Viva Las Vegas and Heatwave are my favs.

Nicky
Old 05-30-2005, 03:41 AM
Elite Fan

Yea there were some totally awesome candy moments spread throughout S3, that's my main reason for liking S3.

I don't think I really have a list, or at least not one that I can say off the top of my head anyways.

285 South
Heatwave
Independence Day
Blind Date (because of the Groupie scenes only!! )
Samuel Rising (But only for the candy, otherwise it was a boring ep. Oh, and Xmas Natzi!! )
Michael, The Guys, and The Great Snapple Capper
A Tale Of Two Parties
Crazy

That's about it really. I know there's more, coz of Gazer and Rebound moments, but I can't think of them all at the mo.

Xmag, I popped in. The only reason I hadn't been in was because I was only able to get on for a bit, and you guys have mega huge convo's that I couldn't be bothered reading through and replying to at that moment!

Good to see you here, btw!

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me