Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Wellll.... we could just start going through all of the candy episodes and sharing our thoughts...
Old 06-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good idea. I was re-watching s1 a few weeks ago. Like a Roswell marathon

Old 06-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Addicted Fan

yah! Exactly... although, I'm not really sure which eppys are considered candy ones or not before 285 south.. are there any?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Elite Fan

Well, on the Roswell board, we watch all episodes (not at the same time, mind you, one episode every week or every two weeks, it depends), and then we comment it. Right now, we are up to "Tess, lies and videotapes".

But not just candy episodes. Even in season 1, there aren't that many candy episodes.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Addicted Fan

hmmm... interesting.. well, I don't know what to do then...
Old 06-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Well, this way, it gives us something to talk about, and not just Michael and Maria, sometimes it's Max-Michael, Isabel-Max-Michael, Liz-Maria, Maria-Liz-Alex, the plots, the scenes....

And somehow, we always talk about non Roswell things, but we always succeed in linking it to Roswell. For example, the movie "Star Wars, revenge of the Sith" ? related to Roswell, because Michael, with his seal in the third season, could have gone completly to the dark side. See ? "Lost" ? Roswell related because of Emilie De Ravin.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Makes sense to me! So.. just start from the beginning....?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi candies, I don't think I've posted in this thread before so for those who don't post on the Roswell candy thread, my name is Sarah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles826
Hey everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce my self. I'm Rachel and a huge M&M supporter. I was first introduced to Roswell through the book series by Melinda Metz and basically fell in love with Michael and Maria's relationship.
Same here. I read the first two Roswell High books before the series even began (well at least here in Australia) in 1999. I didn't even know there was going to be a series at the time but I really loved the books. I was kind of an M/L fan though because I never got to read the books that explored the M/M relationship more at the time. 285 South converted me into a candy, and I've never looked back since.
'From day one, from the moment I kidnapped you and stole your car.....I knew you were the girl for me. I never wanted anyone else.....I still don't. Just... Wherever I'm goin', whatever I'm doin', just know I'll always love you.'
~ Michael Guerin to Maria Deluca in 'Graduation'
♥ Michael & Maria - because she was the only one he wanted to be with ♥
Old 06-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey Sarah

Welcome to the Majandra Board

Nicky
Old 06-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Addicted Fan

I do have to admit... Michael and Maria's relationship was the one that always kept you on your toes wondering what was gonna happen next...
Old 06-09-2005, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

We were doing episode discussions here on this thread a while ago. We started from the beginning of the series in the last thread, I think (could have been two threads ago - I'm not sure ), and the last one we talked about was Skin and Bones, the start of season 2. So if we keep going on that, we're up to Ask Not.

I loved the opening of Ask Not. Michael was so staring at Maria while she was dancing.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Yah, but he didn't want to be caught for that matter... But, he was looking at the others as well (Liz, Tess, and Isabel)... Just, definitely at Maria the most.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I loved the opening of Ask Not. Michael was so staring at Maria while she was dancing.
What's funny is that, according to RM, who was doing the commentary of this episode on the DVDs (that was RM, right ?), said that in the script, Michael was supposed to watch Isabel and Maria dancing, to show that he was torn between his duty and love. And that the contrary happened, Michael wasn't looking at Isabel at all, but was like enthralled with Maria.

Hmm, good discussion, that scene !

Old 06-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

I know, when I heard that comment on the commentary I was like "What are you talking about? Michael was so staring at Maria." Then the comments went on to say that the whole "watching Isabel" thing didn't really happen.

Well, Michael did only have eyes for Maria, after all. (See, I haven't blocked out the entire third season )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkieTheWeirdGirl
Yah, but he didn't want to be caught for that matter... But, he was looking at the others as well (Liz, Tess, and Isabel)... Just, definitely at Maria the most.
Do you really think so (that he was "checking out" the other girls as well?) Interesting - while Michael was looking in the same direction as all the girls (since they were dancing all next to each other, it would have been hard not to, and as you pointed out, Michael definitely wouldn't want to have been caught looking at Maria), I always thought it was very clear that it was Maria he was really watching (which Maria and Liz agreed on). I may have to watch the ep again.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh, I didn't mean he was checking them out... just, he was watching their interactions. You know, trying to be sly about his staring at Maria... Hoping that she would just assume he was watching everyone, because there was nothing else to do.