Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

Hi candies

Quote:
Xmag, I popped in. The only reason I hadn't been in was because I was only able to get on for a bit, and you guys have mega huge convo's that I couldn't be bothered reading through and replying to at that moment!

Good to see you here, btw!

Tahra
Ha, the mega huge convo's, that happens sometimes . Right now, we are watching "Crazy", and discussing the episode. Or just posting our feelings about it. I had missed Isabel telling Alex that the only people wanting to protect her up until now, were Max and Michael, but they were her BROTHERS. She said brotherS. That says a lot about her feelings for Michael, no wonder they never tried Destiny.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 05-31-2005, 12:44 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

The Michael/Isabel relationship early Season 1 was a treat. Two really good friends who love each other like family. And platonic, heterosexual friendships without any underlying sexual tension or hidden desire and crushes are rare gems in television. I loved Isabel's "I will. Whenever you need me." line in Blind Date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_cat
Laurie is sort of Michaels sister right? I don't remember
Yes those were great epies, Viva Las Vegas and Heatwave are my favs.
Laurie was the granddaughter of Charles Dupree, the donor of Michael's human DNA. I guess it makes her his granddaughter too, but a lot of people just refer to her as his 'sister' because it would seem more normal considering the age thing.

Okay, my top 5 eps (goshdarn, this is hard) in no particular order:
-pilot
-viva las vegas
-independence day
-285 South
-white room

But yeah, that's just how I feel at that moment too. You can't expect anyone to pick an official, permanent list now, can you?
Old 05-31-2005, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

I certainly don't. Seems like everytime I watch an episode I'm reminded of what I loved about it and how it should be on my top five list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doy
I loved Isabel's "I will. Whenever you need me." line in Blind Date.
Best part of the episode for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylittlecandygirl
My favourites at the moment, are:

Viva Las Vegas
Departure (sorry gazers)
Independence Day
Blood Brothers (first eppy I watched)
285 South
& Heatwave
All excellent choices.

I'm a Stargazer, but I still loved Departure. Great Candy, and I really found the scene with Isabel and Alex at his grave to be touching. Alex really was the one who Isabel trusted and relied on. Too bad she realized this so late. (The only thing I have problems with was the Max/Liz stuff - the investigation into Leanna-is-not-Leanna left quite a few plotholes and why on earth didn't Max ask Liz why she felt the need to lie and break his heart repeatedly about the whole Kyle thing? Ugh.)

Blood Brothers was great. We get the investigating team of Guerin and DeLuca, and the final scene between Liz and Alex is one of my favorite Roswell scenes (especially with the original music).

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 05-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yea, there were some wonderful memories. I just can't decide what my fav ep is. I just love too many!

Altho, the ones I didn't enjoy so much far outweigh the ones i love. Weird.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 05-31-2005, 10:37 PM
doy
Loyal Fan

Yes, it is virtually impossible and cruel to make someone pick just one favorite episode.

Oh and I do love that scene in Blood Brothers. I downloaded an MP3 of the original music, "If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owens. Someone on the Colin board said that Ginny Owens was a blind singer.

I remember listening to that song last Mother's Day and I had the urge to write to my mom because of it. I had written about the song and how it was Alex's and how it reminded me of her because Alex was full of unconditional love and stuff. I thought it was sweet as hell, but she just berrated me for my "Roswell obsession." Eh, well... it is true, so...

And back to original music, I just can't enjoy the opening scene of Heatwave properly without "Put Your Lights On". And I remember hearing it once on Veronica Mars. I had wanted so badly to see Heatwave after that. But I lent my S1 boxset to a friend of mine, so I couldn't (Spreading the Roswell love, people)
Old 06-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I honestly can't remember what the episodes were like with the original music.. well, except the few episodes where, I managed to save the VHS's from being copied over... But, some songs, really just don't fit that they replaced.. it's sad.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

Oooo... Ginny Owens, I love her! I fell in love with her music like 4 years ago or something like that.

She's a Christian singer, and yes, she's blind. She also plays the guitar. She's truely inspirational. And she has completely amazing songs.

Did she sing on Roswell did she? I'm sure I would have noticed that. No, I know I would have noticed that!

icon by me
Old 06-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I only remember, what was her name ? the singer who sang "i am like a bird", in an episode of season 2.

Old 06-03-2005, 03:26 AM
Elite Fan

Nelly Furtado. Or however it's spelt. *g*

Tahra

icon by me
Old 06-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce my self. I'm Rachel and a huge M&M supporter. I was first introduced to Roswell through the book series by Melinda Metz and basically fell in love with Michael and Maria's relationship. About a week after I read the last book in the series, I went out and bought the first season on DVD and then watched seasons two and three on the Sci-Fi channel. So basically, i'm a newer fan, but i'm still a very big one. When the season two DVD set finally came out, I went and bought it because it's probably the best season having to do with the couple even though I love their moments in the first season. I just finished reading some of the entries on here and I agree about season three being a bad Michael/Maria season. It's kind of sad how the writers focused on them less and less as the show "boiled down." Like, in the first season the show was like 50% about them, the second was about 35%, and then the third was like 15% or so. I'm bad at percentages, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself.
icon by makry
Old 06-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

Hi candies

How are you ?

Quote:
Nelly Furtado. Or however it's spelt. *g*

Tahra
Yes, that's her, thanks Tahra ! I keep hearing that song in my head "i am like a bird, i only fly away, I don't know where my home is, ..." and bam, i couldn't remember who sang this !

Quote:
Hey everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce my self. I'm Rachel and a huge M&M supporter. I was first introduced to Roswell through the book series by Melinda Metz and basically fell in love with Michael and Maria's relationship. About a week after I read the last book in the series, I went out and bought the first season on DVD and then watched seasons two and three on the Sci-Fi channel. So basically, i'm a newer fan, but i'm still a very big one.
Hi, Rachel, welcome in the candy world, one of the best around !

Oups, thank to you, Rachel, i realized that i am new to MD's board (although i post a lot on the candy thread on the Roswell board, which reminds me, do you want to be added to the candy list there, RAchel ? you just have to tell me and i'll add your name ) and that i never introduced myself

My name is Magali, i am french, and a fan of Roswell since the episode 285 south (big surprise here, how many candies became candies because of that episode ? a lot, i suppose), which aired in France in early 2000. Thanks to Roswell, i discovered Internet, because i wanted to know everything about this show, and there wasn't a lot about it in the media, so internet it was. I then discovered sites, boards, shipping (believe it or not, i had no idea that shipping existed, when it came to tv shows), and boards like this one.

Voila

PS : xmag, my alias, comes from one of my favorite show "the X-files", combined with my name Magali.

Old 06-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
Hi, Rachel, welcome in the candy world, one of the best around !

Oups, thank to you, Rachel, i realized that i am new to MD's board (although i post a lot on the candy thread on the Roswell board, which reminds me, do you want to be added to the candy list there, RAchel ? you just have to tell me and i'll add your name)
Hi. Thanks for the welcome! I would love to be added if you wouldn't mind. Thanks for the offer.
icon by makry
Old 06-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Elite Fan

Hi, candies

Quote:
Hi. Thanks for the welcome! I would love to be added if you wouldn't mind. Thanks for the offer.
No problem, Rachel, i am going to add you to the candy list. But you'll have to stop by on the other thread and say hello there . I sent you a pm, by the way.

On the other thread, we are going to watch "Tess, lies and videotapes". The comments should be... interesting . I haven't watched this episode in a long, long time.

Old 06-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doy
Oh and I do love that scene in Blood Brothers. I downloaded an MP3 of the original music, "If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owens.
I love that song. Such a wonderful expression of unconditional love. After watching Blood Brothers, I went out to the stores in search of it. I had gotten the name of the singer from the ending credits and went looking all over the music section for it. And it took me forever to find it, because it never occurred to me to look in the Christian section. I just assumed it would be in the Pop Music section. Taught me a lesson about expanding my horizons and searching other parts of the store.

Rachel - Welcome to Candyland! That's so cool about the Roswell High books getting you into the Roswell love. I'm a huge fan of that series (am currently reading them for the third or fourth time ), but I didn't read them until after I got hooked on the show. I picked them up during the summer between the first and second seasons, when I really wanted some Roswell to get me through the break.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hi candies, so what's new ? a fic to recommand, an episode to discuss ?