Old 04-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

i love that scene.
ID is one of the best Candy eppies,also one of the best roswell eppies

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Yep, no doubt about that, ID is the best episode.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 04-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

It hurts to watch sometimes. BF does such an excellent job of portraying Michael's various emotions regarding Hank. And the way that Michael turns to Maria when he needs someone to just be there for him, someplace safe to go to when his world is falling apart - that was so amazing.

I really do have to find some spare time to rewatch some eps.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

ooo!! i just wanted to tell everyone that brendan fehr is up for nomiations for a new forum this month again. i didnt find out till now so if you guys didnt know go vote ;D lets try and get him a forum. and at the moment he's trailing behind a lot

Buffy Loves Angel... Becuase she's his cookie dough.
Michael Loves Maria... Becuase she makes him feel normal and speical all at the same time.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Thanx for the info, Dee!
I voted for JJ , hope we make it this time!

Old 04-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone! Wassup?

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 04-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Hello, Candies.

So we had discussed Season 1, and I think we were up to starting S2. I remember how anxious I was to see Roswell again, and find out when M&M were going to get back together (because I had no doubt that they would - it just had to happen ).

I didn't like the fact that Maria was hurting, and that she had been all summer. Not that it looks like Michael spent the summer any happier. His talk with Valenti in the jail cell is so helpful to understanding Michael. He is so terrified, afraid that they're going to be attacked and that this time he won't be able to protect them. He has no idea of what to do in order to prepare for their enemies' attack, and honestly, how could he? The Mommygram didn't give them a whole lot in the way of helpful information, and for whatever reason, neither did Nasedo. Not to mention the fact that he's bearing the guilt of killing Pierce, even thought it was in defense, and that they all would have died if Michael hadn't protected them.

No wonder he didn't think he could be with Maria anymore.

But the one thing I did like about their break-up (if it could actually be put into the category of "something I liked") was how the two of them were honest with each other. They didn't play games or get into emotional manipulations or anything like that. Michael had told Maria what he believed to be the truth, that it was too dangerous for him to be with her. It would have been so much easier to make her stay away if he had told her that he was going to follow the whole "destiny" thing and wanted to be with Isabel now, that he didn't love Maria, but Michael didn't do that. Michael and Maria had many flaws, both as individuals and as a couple, but in general they tried to be honest with each other, and I believe that was one of their greatest strengths.

And of course, I was glad to hear Michael's instant dismissal of "destiny" (although honestly, I never saw Isabel as much of a potential threat to the M&M relationship).

icon by lunas_borednow

Last edited by Anla; 04-09-2005 at 09:21 AM
Old 04-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Wow awesome summary hun! Totally true!

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 04-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure which of the two of them had the more miserable summer - Michael or Maria. At least Maria had Max to hang out with (I really liked their friendship and wished we had seen more of it), while Michael seemed pretty fixated on controlled panicking and preparing to fight evil aliens. He did have Tess to help him practice, but I wonder how close the two of them became. Tess was supportive of him and learning how to use his skills, which was a rare thing in his life, and they get along pretty well in VLV. I guess I just don't like the idea of Michael not having anyone to talk with and be friends with during his summer alone. (Of course, this is assuming that Tess wasn't the Great Evil that she was supposed to be after Departure)

But it was clear that Michael and Maria missed each other so much and weren't completely happy while they were apart. Made me very anxious for their inevitable reconciliation.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by doy
And as Tahra mentioned at the last thread, it wasn't that good of a show, but we're surprisingly still around because the characters have stayed with us. And you've got to give Roswell credit for creating and developing such memorable characters.
That's so true. I'll forgive Roswell a lot of things because they created Michael and Maria! It's weird how so many people have taken Roswell to their hearts. I love The OC - well I loved S1, S2 I haven't enjoyed all that much - but Roswell will always be special in a way I can't imagine any other show being. Although my Seth/Summer love is definitely equal to my M/M love!

Kat | icon |
Old 04-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

There was just something about the Roswell characters and their relationships that got to me right from the pilot episode. As long as the characters were true to themselves, I could deal with little things like plot holes and silly sci-fi. Roswell's still my favorite show, even after almost three years of being off the air.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

I loved Michael and Maria together They were so cute. I don't know which episode it was, but he fixed something (I have no idea what it was) for her for a class and then she kept it and turned in something she made.
Anyone knows which scene I mean?
Old 04-13-2005, 08:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katka
I loved Michael and Maria together They were so cute. I don't know which episode it was, but he fixed something (I have no idea what it was) for her for a class and then she kept it and turned in something she made.
Anyone knows which scene I mean?
it was the napkin holder in Toy House, season 1, i think, am i right?

Keep the Dream alive
Old 04-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

that's it. I just thought it was incredibly cute of him
Old 04-16-2005, 12:12 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

I the napkin holder. It was a testament of how much Michael cared for Maria, though he never really says it. And it wasn't all grand and stuff, but it was sincere and a lot of Michael's efforts were put forth in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla
Roswell's still my favorite show, even after almost three years of being off the air.
Aww, me too. I can bitch about it all I want and deny the wreck that is Season 3, but it still doesn't change the fact that no show has touched me and earned my passion the same way as Roswell.
Quote:
And of course, I was glad to hear Michael's instant dismissal of "destiny" (although honestly, I never saw Isabel as much of a potential threat to the M&M relationship).
Did you see anyone as a potential threat to their relationship? Apart from themselves?

Isabel wasn't really threat in the show, I was more wary of Courtney to be honest. But in the Roswell High books, I saw Isabel as the biggest threat, right up there with the Cameron chick.
Quote:
But the one thing I did like about their break-up (if it could actually be put into the category of "something I liked") was how the two of them were honest with each other. They didn't play games or get into emotional manipulations or anything like that. Michael had told Maria what he believed to be the truth, that it was too dangerous for him to be with her. It would have been so much easier to make her stay away if he had told her that he was going to follow the whole "destiny" thing and wanted to be with Isabel now, that he didn't love Maria, but Michael didn't do that. Michael and Maria had many flaws, both as individuals and as a couple, but in general they tried to be honest with each other, and I believe that was one of their greatest strengths.
Word. I know that Michael and Maria are probably considered to be the less verbal of the CC Couples when it comes to expressing love and grand romantic speeches. But they were honest in a way that seperated them from the other couples because they never hid their reluctance, pain, confusion and all the anxiety they were going through. When they were bothered by something, they said it. And it made their relationship healhy in the long run, IMO (though others might disagree, others who don't really post here especially heh). They were hurt a lot of times, but it was the struggle that made them the solid couple they were in Departure. (Let's forget about S3 for awhile, shall we?)

I don't know which one of them hurt more during the summer. Maria's pain was more apparent because she focused on it, and she showed it. But then we have Michael who had to sacrifice, and had all these soldier duties to learn. The duties could perhaps take his mind away from their relationship for awhile, but not for long. They both suffered, only Michael suffered silently, and he was the one who had to restrain himself for what he thought was best for them. It required a lot of restraint from Michael and a lot of patience for Maria. Michael had the distractions (duties as a soldier) and Maria had the company (Max), but I would say that during the summer, Michael dealt with a lot more issues than Maria did. It's a good thing that M&M worked their way through them.