Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

Wow... Loved reading everyones points of view on this. And I have to say that I agree with everyone! Couldn't have put it better myself.

Their brutal honesty definately saved them. IMO I couldn't stand a guy/girl who beat around the bush, I prefer people to say something straight to my face, so that I can deal with it then and then, and I prefer to do the same to others.

Max and Liz went to their friends and bitched and moaned about how they couldn't be together, M&M bitched and moaned to each others faces about it. Big difference.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 04-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

^ great point about the bitching to their friends.
I love M&M Since I didn't get to see all the epis, I'm reading the transcripts these days...just to know what happened. Even though it's not the same as watching, it's still better than nothing
Old 04-20-2005, 03:14 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

Just remember to stay away from the S3 transcripts. They'll burn your eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindWarper
Max and Liz went to their friends and bitched and moaned about how they couldn't be together, M&M bitched and moaned to each others faces about it. Big difference.
Right! And another huge difference between the 2 couples are their reasons for not being together. Max and Liz's are absurd external forces like long-haired future versions of them, or other space-related junk. Maria and Michael's hindrances are their own inadequacies, so it felt more real and mature.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly... The comparisons are so different, and while doing them, I began to wonder how anyone could have truely liked and enjoyed watching Max and Liz. They were so frustrating because they let everything get in between them, like space-related junk, and then when it happened, they turned around and complained. But it was their own faults for letting hinder them.

Michael and Maria just didn't feel worthy of each other, which is a total self esteem issue that virtually every teenager goes through at some point in their life. This is what's real. And it's something that's not easy to overcome, whereas Max and Liz's relationship was not real, and all their little problems were easy to fix.

I don't see how anyone can enjoy watching the crap they put each other and themselves through. Michael and Maria's relationship had subtance, it was real, it was enjoyable to watch, especially since they were going through a lot of the same issues that everybody goes through.

Tahra

icon by me
Old 04-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Oh, I love the napkin holder. Michael really can be sweet at times, in his own Michael way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doy
Did you see anyone as a potential threat to their relationship? Apart from themselves?
Honestly, no. I simply can't picture either Michael or Maria choosing anyone else to be with other than the other one. I never saw any signs on the show of any deep interest in another person. I'm willing to concede the possibility of Michael having some physical attraction to Courtney, but Michael needs so much more than that to pursue a relationship (he has way too many trust issues, and Maria is the only one who broke them down). I'm sure that Maria appreciated Brody's crush on her in S2 (especially since she and Michael weren't together at the time), but again, didn't see much interest in pursuing it from her. And Michael flat-out said he had no interest in following his "destiny" with Isabel.

Quote:
But in the Roswell High books, I saw Isabel as the biggest threat, right up there with the Cameron chick.
Even in the RH books (which I'm currently rereading), I didn't see Isabel as a big threat (although there was a bit more tension there than in the show - at least neither of them woke up screaming at the mere thought of being together ). But Cameron I can see causing some concern. She's probably the closest to an "other woman" threat I see to the Candy couple. Although Michael didn't hesitate to turn on her when he found out she was a potential threat to the group (and was pretty mean about it), so even then it wasn't a big love story.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

I definately saw Cameron as a threat in the books. Isabel gave me a few moments of worry, especially with her getting very appreciative of Michael.

I think Cameron was the bigger threat because returned the feelings, until he found out the truth about her of course. And I was still wishing Isabel to get together with Alex. I was kinda peed of when she met Trevor. So yea. And Maria eyeing up Trevor? No worries there, because she was only eyeing him up because he looked so much like Michael, and she couldn't be with him. So yea.

But I definately agree that they were more of a threat to their relationship than anyone else was.

Tahra

icon by me
Old 04-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

I still think that RH Alex and Isabel got together after the books ended. They ended on a relatively good note, all things considered. But that's the Stargazer in me.

Michael and Maria is just a couple that I never had much doubt about. I was always sure they would end up together eventually (although sometimes waiting for eventually was annoying ).

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-26-2005, 06:46 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla
although sometimes waiting for eventually was annoying
Yup, but we all know all that waiting was worth it, right?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Well, as things ended in Departure, with Michael staying for her and the two of them hugging, definitely. (And even after that, which I tend to be in denial about, M&M still ended up together, so that was okay, too)

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

Yea exactly. So the last season can't be all that bad, can it, if Michael and Maria ended up together, right?

Sorry... I just didn't think the last season was that bad personally

Tahra

icon by me
Old 04-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Warper
Yea exactly. So the last season can't be all that bad, can it, if Michael and Maria ended up together, right?
Well.........
You probably didn't really mean for me to answer that, did you?
Let me just say that I prefer to focus on the first two seasons.

They had such wonderful Candy moments.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-28-2005, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, I did expect an answer to that!

Well, yea, they did have great moments. But come on, cuteness at the end of S3 with M&M. And what about the congratulartory sex. Oh, and the cuteness at the bowling alley between them! Sooo cute!

Tahra

icon by me
Old 04-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Warper
Yes, I did expect an answer to that!
No, trust me. You don't want it.
(Besides, I actually rather thought that my response to Season 3 was already well documented around here. )

I prefer to think happier thoughts.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-29-2005, 07:57 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla
(Besides, I actually rather thought that my response to Season 3 was already well documented around here. )
Yes, yes it is. We could get you riled up in a second. But that's just mean, so we won't do that.

Season 3 had its good points, like for instance, Santa Michael... and Yeah, basically Santa Michael was fun.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

It had some good moments. I've never denied that. But overall.........

And it's not me I'm worried about, although I appreciate your restraint. I just don't want to subject any poor souls on the thread to having to read my rantings.

I watched The Convention again last night. I love that ep. "Mud. I'm thinking about mud." Poor Maria.

icon by lunas_borednow