Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The thunderstorms were a lot of nothing where I am, although it did cool down. There were a couple of possible tornados over in Maryland, though. One of these days I want to find out why tornados are more common on that side of the Potomac River. The exact same storm comes through the Virginia suburbs, and they might detect some sheer and put up a watch. But if there's going to be an actual tornado, 10-to-1 it'll be over there.

Of course, as I write this, I remember that my high school, located in the Virginia suburbs, was completely de-roofed by a tornado on April 1st of my Junior year.

~Heidi
Old 02-28-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was up super late last night, which is fine except my mother is off today, and so she's wanting me to help her with some stuff. And I'm not complaining at that, because I'm here rent free while on medical leave from my job, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm very tired.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe you'll have a chance to get to bed a little early tonight?

My boss asked me a very interesting question yesterday. She wanted to know if I would be interested in working from home full time. Apparently the company is short on desk space. It was all I could do not to look too excited It's by no means a sure thing, but if it happens it will be so awesome. I'll save a ton of money on parking ($12 per day) and other commuting costs; I'll get more work done with less stress, and I could feasibly move to North Carolina while I'm still working. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out!

~Heidi
Old 02-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Maybe you'll have a chance to get to bed a little early tonight?

My boss asked me a very interesting question yesterday. She wanted to know if I would be interested in working from home full time. Apparently the company is short on desk space. It was all I could do not to look too excited It's by no means a sure thing, but if it happens it will be so awesome. I'll save a ton of money on parking ($12 per day) and other commuting costs; I'll get more work done with less stress, and I could feasibly move to North Carolina while I'm still working. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out!
I napped from 3:30-7:30 which was nice but now I could be up late again.

Oh, that'd be very exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Giraffe Watching

I won't say I'm completely obsessed with watching April the Giraffe. In case there is someone out there who doesn't know, April lives at Animal Adventure Park in New York and is about to give birth. They have a camera where you can watch her every move.

I know there are people who watch for literally hours. I can't do that. But I do stop in several times a day and watch for a few minutes - even though the odds are really long that I'll luck out and catch something happening.

I got all excited watching April just a few minutes ago. She was twitching her hips and her tail was stuck straight out behind her. Her belly was twitching and I was sure something was about to happen.

Because this is a PG board I'll just say that what came out of her then was not amniotic fluid.

~Heidi
Old 03-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you can say pee on a PG-13 board, Heidi.

I have ol' April up in the corner of my screen all the time. So I can still do whatever else but watch her at the same time. My mother, oh gosh, I've gone out in the living room at three in the morning and she's asleep at the computer with April full screened on it.

Comic Con update: I've decided as long as we get press again (the assumption is we will) I'm just gonna say screw it and go. It'll take a while to pay my card off, but I'm saving money since the badge will be free and who knows whenever I'll be able to go again.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sometimes I'm super careful about language here. Other times... not so much

That sounds like a good decision re: ComicCon, Nicole. Those opportunities come rarely in life, and if you've had to pass it up already, you really need to just say to heck with whatever is in your way and go. Yes, it might take a little while to pay off the card - but it will take a lifetime to get over the regret if you don't get this chance again.

~Heidi
Old 03-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's my logic. Plus I'm hoping that both TBBT and Scorpion will have panels like the last two years.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, that's my logic. Plus I'm hoping that both TBBT and Scorpion will have panels like the last two years.
That will DEFINITELY make it worth going.

~Heidi
Old 03-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That will DEFINITELY make it worth going.
Keep fingers crossed then!

Old 03-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm having one of those days that I'm just so tired that I can't focus. I left work early, with the thought that if I went home, the change of scenery might clear the fog a bit, but it hasn't worked. Sometimes you just have to curl up and give in to it.

~Heidi
Old 03-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm having one of those days that I'm just so tired that I can't focus. I left work early, with the thought that if I went home, the change of scenery might clear the fog a bit, but it hasn't worked. Sometimes you just have to curl up and give in to it.
I know that feeling. Sometimes a change of scenery works absolute wonders for me, and other times no matter what I do I'm just not feeling it.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. Thursday was pretty much toast for me. But Friday was a good day. I worked from home, and I was able to mix a little online mischief into my workday. It may be counter to what most employers think, but I really believe that improves my productivity.

~Heidi
Old 03-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah. Thursday was pretty much toast for me. But Friday was a good day. I worked from home, and I was able to mix a little online mischief into my workday. It may be counter to what most employers think, but I really believe that improves my productivity.
Honestly I think that sort of thing helps me, too.

I was sick Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and yesterday, but I went to the barn yesterday morning and then spent 5-11 at a game night at a friend's house. I got home past midnight and had such a time unlocking the door that I was chilled when I got inside, my room is at the far end of the house and so I ended up sleeping on the couch in the living area because it was by the fire and the only way to get warm. But while I did get about 7 solid hours, I'm still sore and tired today, so I imagine I'll sleep pretty heavily tonight and then hopefully can be productive tomorrow.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you got a good night's sleep and feel better today!

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread