Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm freezing!

I went outside to check on my car. We actually did get about 6 inches of snow. It's 38 degrees outside but the wind is blowing an almost constant 20 mph - which makes it blinking COLD!

So this resident idiot got out the scraper and brush and cleaned off the car. Twice the wind almost blew the scraper out of my hand. I probably won't drive the car until Thursday at the earliest, but I didn't want the snow to freeze on the car.

~Heidi
Old 03-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised you still have snow at 38 degrees!

I think it's 22 degrees here and we have about an inch of snow but the wind is the real killer.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There has been quite a bit of melting, but in the area behind the building we don't get any sun until about 5pm. And by that time, it's not strong enough to do much.

~Heidi
Old 03-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind snow so much - I was able to bike in over a foot of snow to classes in college - but the cold and the wind just destroys any positivity I have about the snow.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually love snow. But these days it's more about watching it from inside my warm home than going out in it.

I was just talking to my brother this morning and he reminded me to enjoy it while I can. I'm not likely to see much snow down in NC. They get a dusting at least once or twice most winters, but they can go 5 or 6 years without a snowfall that's enough to even make snowballs.

~Heidi
Old 03-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd be fine with that.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I'm about to have a pretty fun (but exhausting) few days.

Tomorrow I'm driving to Flint to see my old roommate (the one who had the bachelorette party last month) because her cousin (another bridesmaid who I've known since Em and I's freshman year of college) is Shenzi in their high school production of The Lion King and we're going to go to it together.

Then Sunday I'm picking up a friend of mine from my hometown, then going to get Emilie, then continuing to Michigan State because the Rent 20th Anniversary Tour is at the Wharton Center on campus this weekend and we're seeing the matinee that day. My sister works there and texted me when the tickets went on sale and where the best seats would be, so we got really good seats for it (row J in the orchestra right in the center).

Then Monday I'm gonna see an old swim friend who I always got on well with but we've gotten closer in recent years since we both suffer from depression, and me being open about it has helped her a lot - she's not "out" about it but we talk a lot privately about it.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't remember the last time I saw snow

A full weekend, but all that definitely sounds like fun, Nicole!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It will be, I think!

We got some snow today and it's the first time it's stuck since...January, I think.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like a really fun weekend, Nicole! Enjoy!

My exciting plans for the weekend including taking the car for a fill-up! That may or may not include a bit of light shopping. Since we are expecting rain today, that will probably happen tomorrow. Which allows me to spend today recuperating from the week.

~Heidi
Old 03-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's always nice to have that recovery day.

I had another migraine last night, and so I took some OTC migraine medication for it. I didn't take it on an empty stomach and drank a whole glass of water like it said, but I never drink coffee or soda so my body doesn't get caffiene, and this medication is acetaminophen and caffiene. So my headache did go away very quickly, but I've felt really weird ever since, if I take a deep breath or even exhale too much it feels like something is squeezing my heart, and I felt a bit nauseated before bed last night. I still went to the barn and rode today, and I feel a little better now, but sitting down still is when it feels the worst and I have an hour (in good weather, and it's snowing now) drive to Em's house plus then sitting through the show. This medication is 24 hour and I'm about 16 hours into it now so hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

That doesn't sound good

Hope you're feeling less weird now.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully it wore off quickly. It's such a pain that so often medication makes you trade one yucky feeling for another.

~Heidi
Old 03-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got home around 5pm and it was still like that, like pressure in my chest/around my heart that would come and go. I took aspirin and I chewed it - you're supposed to do that if you're worried about your heart - and I feel better now, but we'll see what happens when the aspirin wears off.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, Nicole. Sounds like the side effect is lasting longer than the desired effect.

As advertised, I took the car out to feed it today, and also stopped to pick up a few groceries. I'm trying to maintain a more healthy trend, so there were vegetables and some fruit involved.

I'm also still watching April the Giraffe - although only a few minutes a day. I never imagined I would get so excited by a lifted tail or an animal licking it's backside!

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread