Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochey (View Post)
So can anyone help with my lil problem? my thread is going in the wrong direction..The start is the most recent and i want the start to be the start and the end to be the most recent...How do i fix it, It's annoying?
Welcome to the board Lisa!!! You can actually fix that problem yourself. It is in the user cp. That is how I fixed mine. I hope it helps.

So what do you guys think about Lucrezia's mistrust for Cesare???

RIP Paul Walker
Icon:Si_Crazy
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey503 (View Post)
Well Lisa and Emma from what I could see from the two BTS promos it seems if anything he is kind of man handling his wife and not being particularly affectionate so I don't think beyond the getting married and consummating the marriage it seems like he won't give a rats ass about her. And may be somewhat "rough" with her. But maybe not it might be to early to tell not sure if he is sassing his wife or her mother in that scene But if it is her he doesn't look very affectionate tbs.

Where as all the scenes with Lucrezia he is much more tender and is always worried about her welfare. And Lucrezia has always been his first concern.
I think that's her in the BTS promo and he's not affectionate with her like, AT ALL; she's an object to him, a means to an end (an army, an alliance). Everything he is with Lucrezia he's the complete opposite with this woman: he loves/worships Lucrezia and he could care less about/mistreats Charlotte.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifyou'reabird,I'mabird (View Post)

So what do you guys think about Lucrezia's mistrust for Cesare???
I think the mistrust's a thing from the first half that will resolve itself by ep 9. Mind you, I don't think she'll ever trust him the way she used to again. She can't. But she will accept it, I guess.

Btw, guys, let's remember--not pointing fingers or anything--not to glorify Cesare's abusiveness just because we don't like the lady he's being mean to. There was a lot of that going on when he mistreated Ursula and I think it's important to remember that these women are his victims. They're in a man's world and he's the most powerful guy around. So. Not saying that anyone is doing it, but last season there were definitely people in the tumblr tag going "looool" when he was basically sexually assaulting Ursula and that can be really triggering for some people. Just don't want it to get that way again. It's just a matter of being really careful about how you talk about him being rough with people.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
yaay discussion time..I'm a super nerd

I've seen the BBC series: impressions: Let's just say it suuucked baaad..I watched it a few years back on Youtube and yeah i know it was the 80's, so it was the fashion of the times but i just didn't like it...Oh yeah and it was craaazy long too and incredibly booring, and get a load of that Cesare...What died on his face, dude was not attractive...Yes I'm shallow

?

Hi Lisa

You can actually change your thread from first to last, I did it in my User CP..There is an options and you just have to change to from oldest to newest. My threads were that way when I started. Let me look into the options so I can give direct instructions.

AS for BBC Borgias, well the Alfonso thing didn't bother me too much because supposedly he was the only husband Lucrezia loved, it just so happens that our versions of Borgias doesn't seem to go that way. Even though I thought she was cold towards him at times it looked like they had "something" dating back to when they were younger, like they made promises to "stay true to each other", her coldness started when she realized Alfonso was in danger. Also they kind of redeemed the relationship in the end, remember the scene when she was sick and he held her hand and she said "Cesare, love me" and he was crying and said "until Eternity".. THAT was the C/L that I loved.. That Cesare wasn't that attractive I agree and I hated that bald thing in the middle of his head (yeah I know its how they were) but thanks be that our Cesare did have to do that.

As for Rodrigo/Lucrezia
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Btw, guys, let's remember--not pointing fingers or anything--not to glorify Cesare's abusiveness just because we don't like the lady he's being mean to. There was a lot of that going on when he mistreated Ursula and I think it's important to remember that these women are his victims. They're in a man's world and he's the most powerful guy around. So. Not saying that anyone is doing it, but last season there were definitely people in the tumblr tag going "looool" when he was basically sexually assaulting Ursula and that can be really triggering for some people. Just don't want it to get that way again. It's just a matter of being really careful about how you talk about him being rough with people.
This ^.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklyhairnet (View Post)
I think the mistrust's a thing from the first half that will resolve itself by ep 9. Mind you, I don't think she'll ever trust him the way she used to again. She can't. But she will accept it, I guess.
That kind of makes me sad though. That she won't trust him the same way. Hopefully he will make it up to her.

Quote:
There was a lot of that going on when he mistreated Ursula and I think it's important to remember that these women are his victims. They're in a man's world and he's the most powerful guy around. So. Not saying that anyone is doing it, but last season there were definitely people in the tumblr tag going "looool" when he was basically sexually assaulting Ursula and that can be really triggering for some people.
That is some good advice. Thanks for posting that. I agree.

RIP Paul Walker
Icon:Si_Crazy
Old 04-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Lisa to change your thread from oldest to newest
1) Go to User CP at the top of the board
2) Go to Edit Options
3) Scroll down to thread display box and change it to "oldest to newest"

As for C/C
Spoiler:
. I don't think he will care for her though, historically he wedded her and bedded her and never went back.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklyhairnet (View Post)

Totally. I NEVER said I condone his behavior, I'm just stating a fact: it looks like he's mistreating that woman (I assume it's Charlotte) and he would never treat Lucrezia thus. But just to make it CLEAR, I would never condone that kind of behavior, especially being a girl myself. It's no laughing matter. Did I give that impression?? Looking back at my posts I never glorified his behavior (I just mentioned and compared with L) but if people got the impression that I'm happy about his abusing Charlotte, sorry but I'm not.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Renae, do you know the name of the actress that plays Charlotte? so we can check if what you posted is true? I'm pretty sure it is.. but just to confirm.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

yaay i did it, It really was annoying, Thank you all for the help...All is right with the world again

Ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh with the BBC version, i should have been more considerate for those who loved it, I'll remember next time

I just remember the scene after dinner where she clearly doesn't wanna be there and he's all *murder face* at her, and then he's like kissing her face/neck and she's not into it at all.

There wasn't any real affection there for me, He was on a different page to her and too business like and she looked bored/afraid or both...so when the bed/crying scene came i wasn't into it...It just wasn't good and i felt very miscast and stilted.

Ok unless anyone has anything more to say about the BBC version, Well just post away, meanwhile let's move on to Los Borgia(spanish)...OOOH i liked that very much
Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Renae, do you know the name of the actress that plays Charlotte? so we can check if what you posted is true? I'm pretty sure it is.. but just to confirm.
I don't know her name to tell the truth, is she even listed?

Spoiler:
Old 04-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink90 (View Post)
Totally. I NEVER said I condone his behavior, I'm just stating a fact: it looks like he's mistreating that woman (I assume it's Charlotte) and he would never treat Lucrezia thus. But just to make it CLEAR, I would never condone that kind of behavior, especially being a girl myself. It's no laughing matter. Did I give that impression?? Looking back at my posts I never glorified his behavior (I just mentioned and compared with L) but if people got the impression that I'm happy about his abusing Charlotte, sorry but I'm not.
No, I didn't think you were at all! The subject was just being thrown around and I wanted to kind of just issue a reminder so that it doesn't get like it did last season. On anyone's part. It's a super slippery slope, I've been there before.

As for Los Borgia, I liked their Lucrezia and I have to give them lots of effort points. I feel like they really tried, even if it wasn't my thing. And I hated the whole feather thing with Cesare and Lucrezia, lol. I prefer a bloody knife to a feather.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
yaay i did it, It really was annoying, Thank you all for the help...All is right with the world again

Ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh with the BBC version, i should have been more considerate for those who loved it, I'll remember next time

I just remember the scene after dinner where she clearly doesn't wanna be there and he's all *murder face* at her, and then he's like kissing her face/neck and she's not into it at all.

There wasn't any real affection there for me, He was on a different page to her and too business like and she looked bored/afraid or both...so when the bed/crying scene came i wasn't into it...It just wasn't good and i felt very miscast and stilted.

Ok unless anyone has anything more to say about the BBC version, Well just post away, meanwhile let's move on to Los Borgia(spanish)...OOOH i liked that very much
Lol..you weren't being too harsh, feel free to voice your opinions . As you will see we all have a variety of opinions here. I actually didn't like the BBC version too much, I just watched it because I wanted to see C/L and I ended up ffwding the final episodes to the C/L parts. I hated the fact that they had Lucrezia love that "Alfonso" he was such a WUSS....but her constant "but I loooovee him" annoyed me to no end...and I hated that she was so cold to Cesare over that cowardly boy.

The part where he was kissing her neck, I didn't get that she wasn't into it, I thought she was but she was still upset over the Alfonso thing.. in the end when she was on her possible deathbed they said she kept calling for him, that made me feel better because her true self came out there and it was Cesare that she cared about. Unfortunately in that version while Cesare always referenced what they were to each other and the promises they made, they never actually showed that on screen or even gave a flashback which would have helped clarify their relationship a bit more.

I will say though that BBC Cesare was COLD as ICE!! The only time he showed ANY caring for anybody was with Lucrezia, I was shocked he was crying at Lucrezia's bedside
Old 04-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)
I don't know her name to tell the truth, is she even listed?

Spoiler:
GOD I hope not.

Spoiler:
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

I agree with your second post, Renae.. for some reason I think Cesare will
Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread