Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

oh cool, nice to meet you all and call me Lisa

I'll skip off to see what new goodies we have before the premiere, Is there specific chat times or do i just post when i want and hope someone answers me?

I get very lonely...and super needy..but mostly lonely

Hey i have a suggestion, obviously I'm a huge fan of C/L LOL i wouldn't be on this thread otherwise but yeah we have a few looooong days to kill before the premiere..I was thinking maybe we should do a discussion of the other C/L versions in movies/shows.

I've seen 1 or 2 besides our version and I'd love some feedback/goodies from others who have watched/enjoyed other versions.

Maybe that will tide us over cause this week is gonnna draaaag
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Hello Lisa good to meet you, There has been some discussion of other versions of The Borgias here so if that is what you feel like talking about I'm sure some people would respond to you. I just happen to be and extreme fan of the NJ version and so I wouldn't be one of them. I'm sure if you go to the last C/L thread you can see lots of posts about Borgia Faith and Fear.

You can post any time you want it is open 24 hours a day (with an exception of about 1 AM my time not sure where you are) the site shuts down for about 15 minutes but then comes back. The most active times are early afternoon my time and early evening. But as long as someone makes a post after you you can post as much as you want. If no one does then just edit your last post.

Here is the last C/L thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f367/cesare-...-her-63090490/ if you want to look at those posts.
you can't post there anymore but you can get an Idea.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi Lisa, yeah what Christine (cheekymonkey) said ..We are all in different time zones and all over the world so everyone just posts whenever...I am in US and I am on EST..

In regards to other C/L, I have watched Los Borgias, Borgia:Faith and Fear and parts of BBC Borgia so I can discuss any of those I have also read a few of the books. So far Jordan's version is my favorite even though I do like others.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey503 (View Post)
Hey Emma do you have ON DEMAND??

Cause they put a Francois-Cesare promo there and we can't find anyone to up load it. And Emma it has Cesare pointing a sword at Alfonso, and staring him down, if that is any reason for you to do it .

I don't have this wonderful service or I would try to do it.

And I did enter a recap of the wagers Alex on the General Discussion Thread and I ask for everyone to check that I entered their guesses right.

Never mind Emma groompro uploaded it to tumblr it is in the main thread now if you want to go look at it
OMG CHRISTINE. to watch it.

OH!! And welcome to the newbie!! Emma from the US of A here!! I'm a newbie as well 'cause I've been here for like 3 weeks but I talk a lot so it seems like a lot more. U'll have fun in here!!

Last edited by prettyinpink90; 04-08-2013 at 06:44 PM
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

yaay discussion time..I'm a super nerd

It's gonna take me a while to learn all your first names so forgive me *old fart speech* my memory is not what it was dearie *shakes on walking stick*

Did i mention I've a weird sense of humor so forgive me again

I hail from Ireland and sometimes i'm on the Internet suuuuper late..like now..I have no life

Right where was i?? oh yeah the different versions...discussion is open to all..The more the merrier

I've seen the BBC series: impressions: Let's just say it suuucked baaad..I watched it a few years back on Youtube and yeah i know it was the 80's, so it was the fashion of the times but i just didn't like it...Oh yeah and it was craaazy long too and incredibly booring, and get a load of that Cesare...What died on his face, dude was not attractive...Yes I'm shallow

His relationship with Lucrezia was wrooong..She's all "You're holding me too tight' instead of "oh Cesare hold me tighter" and he's in weird intimidating stalker mode around her like he's gonna do something baaad, and not good baad...baaad bad.

And she didn't even love him like he coveted her, she's all "I love Alfonso" and he's all *super murder face* over her.

She does do the incest thang with Rodrigo who you can't even understand half the time cause actor is not English and it definitely shows..You're gonna need subtitles honestly, but yeah she does it, but thank god it's not shown and then Cesare is all *murder face jealous* to her.

I guess the problem i have is that even though Cesare does want her, It's severe/cold and awkward. You just don't buy the relationship between them and she keeps pushing him away...Seriously Lucrezia, i thought you'd never love a man like you love him, so much for that relationship

So anyone seen the BBC version? I thought I'd discuss them one at a time instead of all together...Anyone wanna posts pics so others can see what i'm talking about?(something dying on his face) seriously, cause I'm Internet illiterate except for the keyboard/mouse basic stuff.

So yeah discuss discus

Heelp my thread is going in the wrong direction..The start is the most recent and i want the start to be the start and the end to be the most recent...How do i fix it, It's suuuper annoying?

Last edited by rochey; 04-08-2013 at 07:18 PM Reason: more to add
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok I haven't seen the new BTS promo (have to finish HW first to fully enjoy it ) but can anyone tell me if there's a C/C sex scene so I can get ready to fast forward?! Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Wow Lisa you should go to the wiki site and see Urquhearts review of this production. Ireland we have a new poster as well who hails from England her name is Varta and she is super nice. And peeps are here at all hours don't feel bad about learning everyones name it takes time and Alex (one of the mods) will help you by saying everyones name when they are online.

Urquheart's Take Reviews! - The Borgias Fan Wiki
Here is that site and Uquheart is super knowledgeable about all the goings on of The Borgias in fact I call him the inspector, you may already know of him.
Oh I forgot to tell you to go to the last page of this site for the review/ comparison of the 80's production and this current production.

No C/C sex scene Emma but no Lucrezia either You do see Cesare sassing his wife I do believe.

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 04-08-2013 at 07:31 PM
Old 04-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No C/C sex scene Emma but no Lucrezia either You do see Cesare sassing his wife I do believe.
Thank GOD for the no C/C sex scene. Sucks we don't have a new C/L scene but at this point, I don't think we'll get anything new but it doesn't matter 'cause (and I cannot believe I'm saying this) the premiere is just DAYS away.

SUNDAY. SUNDAY. SUNDAY. SUNDAY.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

So can anyone help with my lil problem? my thread is going in the wrong direction..The start is the most recent and i want the start to be the start and the end to be the most recent...How do i fix it, It's annoying?

As for Cesare and Charlotte..That's what C/C is right??

Yeah there's a sex scene in one of the promos i saw and Boobage too, If he marries her he's gonna consummate the marriage, It's Cesare

But Lucrezia is married too and they're totally having an incestuous affair and we all know Lucrezia is the one he'd die without so just fast forward or use your hand to block out the girl, mmm naked Cesare

So if you're all bored or haven't seen the BBC version, let me know and we'll move on to the next one or better yet just post your version when you're ready to move on...That way i won't drone on and on.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Lisa only the Mods can alter that unfortunately so you are stuck with it. I know I was weirded out about this after I had stalked the thread for a while and it went last to first instead of first to last. But you will get used to it I promise..When I log on I just go to the last post I made and read everything up to the current post. If that helps at all.

And the Charlotte and Cesare sex scene was a few promos ago We were referring to the one that was released today at least I think that was what Emma was asking about.

Did you go to check out the wiki site Lisa and the review of the two different versions of The Borgias? You may be interested.

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 04-08-2013 at 07:48 PM
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Lisa only the Mods can alter that unfortunately so you are stuck with it. I know I was weirded out about this after I had stalked the thread for a while and it went last to first instead of first to last. But you will get used to it I promise..When I log on I just go to the last post I made and read everything up to the current post. If that helps at all.

And the Charlotte and Cesare sex scene was a few promos ago We were referring to the one that was released today at least I think that was what Emma was asking about.
CHRISTINE!! The C/C sex scene (which apparently is the only one THANK GOD) was shown again in this BTS promo!! It totally took me by surprise and I almost screamed with horror and cried with disgust!!

I still lova 'ya, though.

It pisses me off that in the CESARE promo they show a C/C scene but no C/L scene!! Whatever.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

ahh poor Emma it was only for a second though not long at all! Not the full scene like the other promo, And this BTS showed Francois in all his acting glory. Sorry if I mislead you.....
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh ok, thanks, i'm fine with it if that's the way the mods want it.

*bows down to the gods of this blessed fanforum*

I thought i had accidentally knocked off a button and messed it up myself, But it's clear i didn't so tally hoe and all that.

Oh yeah sorry it was the new promo you were talking about, I thought you were just talking about a general C/C sex scene.

Do you think they'll show him being affectionate(aside from the sex) with his wife? I know in history that Cesare didn't care much and barely saw her or their son.

And what's the deal with Lucrezia and her son, Shouldn't she have more kids in this marriage by now??

Obviously the show isn't following history exactly but doesn't she have a kid with Alfonso??

Oh i just realized she's now doing the incest tango with Cesare which means we might get a 'whose the daddy?' I 'd totally love them to have a Juan Demon baby
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
ahh poor Emma it was only for a second though not long at all! Not the full scene like the other promo, And this BTS showed Francois in all his acting glory. Sorry if I mislead you.....
U didn't!! I'm just kidding!! Every C/C scene will be traumatizing for me. I'll srsly take those for my bathroom breaks. Those 2 together make me sick.

ANYWAY, how PERFECT is Francois?!?!?! I mean srsly what a guy and what an actor. It's his season and he's taking it!!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Well Lisa and Emma from what I could see from the two BTS promos it seems if anything he is kind of man handling his wife and not being particularly affectionate so I don't think beyond the getting married and consummating the marriage it seems like he won't give a rats ass about her. And may be somewhat "rough" with her. But maybe not it might be to early to tell, not sure if he is sassing his wife or her mother in that scene But if it is her he doesn't look very affectionate tbs.

Where as all the scenes with Lucrezia he is much more tender and is always worried about her welfare. And Lucrezia has always been his first concern.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread