Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 01:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Breathless:
<STRONG>I know not everone agrees with me, but I still say he needs to go home and let his mama feed him.</STRONG>
ita!!! or he could spend the weekend with me! i'd put some meat on him in no time....start out with my traditional thangsgiving dinner with homemade rolls & pie (3 kinds), then move on to my lasagna & ravolis, have i mentioned BBQ yet?? then i would offer homemade ice cream with boysenberry cobbler, my rich, gooey, chocolate cake, several kinds of cookies....and that would be just the first day!!!

i just gained 5 lbs. typing that!!!LOL

thanks for the pics vicki! made my day better. did anybody the green t-shirt he was wearing?? i think it's max's!! LOL
#27 OBSESSED JB FAN
JOF
Old 03-31-2004, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Liz has been searching through the laundry looking for that shirt of Max's - little did she know JB sneaked off to Japan with it! LOL!

Sounds like the JB fans (chocolate and fragrance?) went to Toho studio, down some very scary dark alleys, and staked the place out before dawn, before the gates were open, and waited to see him.

Also mention in the other part (the airport person) of the Kokukigan, the "national skill mansion" (national sports arena) where Jason went to watch Sumo. And his new silver necklace with vertical Japanese writing on it - oh I'm glad Mr B hasn't given up accessorizing! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Also sounds like they gave him some sort of letter and/or present that he opened and they were thrilled about. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

This is just so exciting - it's so weird some parts are so perfectly clear (the JB admiring sections require little translation! Swooning is the same in all languages! LOL!) and others are a total mystery! Looks like a wonderful JB-stalking/meeting report, and those photos. Against that starry backdrop, he looks like he just fell out of heaven - Star man! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry, I'll stop enthusing and get back to work now...

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-31-2004, 02:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Oceana:
<STRONG>If I remember correctly, Jason uses body oil [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Be still, my heart!!!!!! [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img]

J [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
<STRONG>

Is it even possible for me to be lead further astray than I already am?

I say yes. Which half of Mr Oiled Body do you want? [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]</STRONG>

I say we just share the WHOLE BODY! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 03:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Myrna Lynne said:
Quote:
Thick arm, trim waist (worked out at a gym during the filming), wonderful voice - got those parts! LOL!

it's so weird some parts are so perfectly clear (the JB admiring sections require little translation! Swooning is the same in all languages! LOL!)
Quote:
(Hmm, he anointeth himself with oil...our cups runneth over! Sorry, waxing romantic over JB - in a Biblical sense! LOL!)

Jason is so nice to be so good to his fans, even while running to get his plane with his mountain of luggage.
Such a nice man...
Great minds, ML! (from the other ML!) - - I could wax Biblical (you mean "carnal," right?), lyrical, poetical, etc. as well. And the same thought ran through my mind: how nice of him to again be gracious to his fans, when he's obviously struggling with luggage, finding his way around a foreign airport, and he's facing a very long trip and lots of jetlag.

Vicki said:
Quote:
As a haristylist, I must say my first reaction was to find some shears and fix his hair.

Of course that could be an excuse to run my fingers through his hair! It's ok Jason, I have a license to do this!
A haristylist? Is this Japanese, like "hari-kari"? LOL (teasing) Who would have thought that the hairstylists union would have to have a Board of Ethical Behavior... LOLOL! I thought it was only dentists and priests ... ;-)

And though I think the haircut, or lack of it, is not appealing, I can't second the motion of the fan above who wanted it to be covered with a hat! The hair itself is lovely, even though the haircut is not.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Michelle Yonkrz ]
Old 03-31-2004, 03:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

This was my favorite, soon to be my footer message, I think:
Quote:
It may be sucked by the pupil of the fascination of Jason! The gaze cannot be removed. It is the nailing. In a trance, doing, the muscle of the face becoming loose,
As Myrna Lynne said, some things are the same no matter where you are. Nothing is lost in translation.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

I was going to say above but it sounded weird, that I find cutting my guys' hair a very loving and sort of intimate activity - although in a sort of impersonal way too. You can't really do a lot of hugging and mushy stuff when your kids are 20something men, but it's really nice to cut his hair! I trimmed Mr ML's mother's hair once, when she was sick, and we weren't a real lovey huggy family - you generally don't run your fingers through your mother-in-law's hair! - but she was a really wonderful lady, I loved her a lot, and it was such a nice thing to be able to do for her. Hard to explain.

But boy would it be nice to cut Jason's hair - taking great care not to snip his ears or anything! LOL! His very lucky barber!!! Who probably doesn't appreciate it at all, and for him (or her) all in a day's work. Naw, nobody is immune to Jason's charms, I'm sure they are very glad to cut his hair! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And are probably totally under his spell by the time they take off the little drapey sheet thing and they're done!

Of course with my history of my senses almost totally freezing up when in proximity to him, I'm sure I would be totally incapable of making my hands work at all! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-31-2004, 03:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
<STRONG>I've just looked again at the pics, I reiterate, JASON THE HAIR HAS TO GO. Or at least wear a hat.</STRONG>

Luke Skywalker wings this haircut reminds me of. Good it looks on the boy. Free must the hair be, Yoda says.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now, sarzy, you're not going to argue with a Jedi Master, are you?

FL
*adding another [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img] for good measure*

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited FearlessLeader ]

----
Max: "Then you can be Fearless Leader"
#2 OBSESSED JB FAN ~ DOM
Old 03-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jeez, VICKI, I was right in the middle of cleaning my house when I clicked on the link for those pictures.
God, after drooling for about 10 minutes, I can't not help but take a break and watch SEXUAL HEALING. You know, the one with the good music, strawberries, shower fantasies, the scrumptious take off your shirt scene and damn, I've gotta go now, Sex and candy's playing.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I asked a friend who travels to Japan for business, if he could shed any light. This is some of what he said:

Quote:
Aha ! - you have been BabelFish-ed ... Flat literal word-for-word, without regard to the context, or to allusions - and unfortunately Japanese has a lot of word-bits which mean
something different when put together and used in context.

"Moisture" for "drink (in the sense of refreshment)" in the opening sentences. (you see that character on vending machines) I don't really know enough Japanese for this, but I recognise some of the malaprop-ed sentence structures; and a lot is that very Japanese personal-sentimental Fanzine-stuff.

It's really quite sweet. This text also has many new-coined teen-fan words which are intranslatable (notice they're always in katakana, there's no kanji for them - a sure sign of a recently made-up or imported word).

But one or two old sayings I recognise are charmingly expressed -- "am the surprise red sandal wood" = "blushing with unexpected pleasure".

You can get a better understanding of the translation if you realize that most major clauses are structured "subject object modifier Verb &lt;verb modifier&gt;". "Yoda he this-way speak, Star-Wars in", for example. I think that clears up a lot of the way it's translated.

You can also get some idea of amusing mistakes from www.engrish.com -- look around the "recent discoveries" section, for example.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

FearlessLeader said:
Quote:
Good it looks on the boy. Free must the hair be, Yoda says.
You heard it - - listen to Yoda! "Far too beautiful it is to hide," he also said.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MyrnaLynne:
<STRONG>
Of course with my history of my senses almost totally freezing up when in proximity to him, I'm sure I would be totally incapable of making my hands work at all! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I know we are getting OT here but I had to share one more thing in relation to ML's post. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

This happened when I first got out of beauty school and started working in a salon. I was living in Plano, TX at the time and had been out of school for maybe 2-3 weeks. This really HOT Muscular guy comes in wearing a tank top. After asking him how he would like his hair, I begin to cut it. He looks at me and asks "Are you going to put a cape on me?" OOPS! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I was just a little flustered. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 06:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Vicki: I can totally sympathize! I've met JB several times, and I keep thinking I'll be calmer, this time I'll be rational and able to talk, and instead, it feels as my tongue is in a Celtic knot!

I've often thought, Poor JB! The world must appear to be an alarming place (for other than the usual reasons) - - people staring like deer in the headlights, and babbling. He must want to turn around and see if something really scary is standing behind him.

In Covina, that first time in 2000, there were girls meeting him who cried, hyperventilated, screamed, and generally acted as if they were late for some medication... Just like in old films of the Beatles or Elvis!

More translation advice from my well-traveled friend:
Quote:
"Increase" also is used (in context) to mean raised, lifted up, moved up, closer to. As well as enlarged. "it arm increase" = "I raised my arm"
[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Michelle in Yonkers ]
Old 03-31-2004, 10:33 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] All this language stuff is so much fun I could do sommersaults! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

I just love learning new language stuff! Thanks for all the help from your Japanese speaking friend, Michelle! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

We need to start giving college credit to posters who give lessons on the JB board! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] Just imagine the kinds of lessons JB could give in person! (Bad, bad Hoodie! ) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Just imagine the kinds of lessons JB could give in person! (Bad, bad Hoodie! )
Good Hoodie! Good! Lessons are good! LOL

I'm glad you liked it - - didn't know if everybody but me had figured all that stuff out, already! My friend Peter doesn't exactly *speak* Japanese, but he's very liguistically flexible and has been there several times before. (And has a good friend who is doing some kind of grad work in Japanese studies, so they talk.)

He impresses the hell out of the Japanese, because they keep playing culinary chicken , sorta, and he dares to eat anything they dare him to! LOL Even the poisonous fish SMG was so fond of !

Not me! I wouldn't even do it for some reality show where they'd pay me to.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Michelle in Yonkers ]