Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Well, you thought I was kidding, but I did it! I went to see Bill Pullman's film festival movie tonight, "Rick", and I talked to him afterwards and asked him about 'The Grudge.' He's not a big talking guy, and he said... "Grudge... yeh" and asked if I was following that, if I was a fan of Ju-On. I said no, that I hated scary movies, and I loved his interview where he admitted he hated scary movies and watched them from the doorway. (He laughed.) I explained about doing news about Jason Behr and if he could say anything about working with him and he said "Jason Behr.. yeh.. he's a great guy." OK, so it's not much, but I did talk to him, and that's all I got. LOL! His costar Dylan Baker was there, and the director Curtis Clayton, and some of the production people, and it was very cool. The movie was very good too - realistic and dark but also funny and sort of had a bit of a fairytale element to it, like 'Happily, Even After" (probably because the screenplay was by the author of the 'Lemony Snicket' books) - although definitely not a movie for kids.

Bill Pullman has 3 kids, a 16 year old daughter, a 14 year old son, and an 11 year old. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] He also looks exactly like himself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

He made that movie a year ago - and has done six films since then! And we thought Jason was busy!

LOL! This was a good warm-up for Tribeca! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 04-29-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Very cool, ML! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Wow! You sounded so official! Good for you for going for it and talking to him about Jason and The Grudge.

Bill Pullman looks like such a nice man! And he must be planning to put all those kids through very expensive colleges, with all those films! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Boy, The Grudge is probably going to be competing with blankety blank "Seed of Chucky" as they are planned to premiere the same weekend. Seed of Chucky already has a trailer out. Isn't there a stomping around smilie?

Vicki - Thanks for the news about the CNN vid. Hopefully an SMG fan will take pity on us and be able to send it our way! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 12:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Poor old Bill Pullman, I'm sure he thought he'd made himself a new fan, until ML uttered the immortal words, 'Jason Behr'. And what's this dreck I hear about 'Seed of Chucky'? How can they have made yet another one? Honestly, a possessed doll, I ask you... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

LOL, one of my friend's nicknames for KH is 'BoC' (Bride of Chucky) because she did that film. heh.

Totally no worries that the Chuckster will knock 'Grudge' out of the box office - they aren't even in the same league, and besides, a brand new 'Grudge' with SMG and JB etc, probably has a lot more audience appeal than a Chuckie retread.

Aw poor Bill, I hope I didn't bruise his ego. But my 'Behr Bros' cap should've given him fair warning! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Oh and I was thinking this film festival was so rinky-dink because it's only in its second year (and because it's 2 blocks from my house) - but this is only Tribeca's third year! It turned into a 'big' festival really fast! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

In retrospect, this indie film 'Rick' that Bill Pullman starred in had the air of a 'Twilight Zone' episode about it - all that was missing was Rod Serling and his cigarette at the beginning - but that isn't saying it was bad, it just was a little 'other worldly' and twisty, I guess. I was afraid it was going to be a really disturbing film, but it was good.
They eve snagged rights to use a Bob Dylan song over the closing credits, quite a coup for a $5 mil indie.

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Passionate Fan

MyrnaLynne [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] for talking to Bill Pullman. Very [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Hoodie I don't think we'll have to worry about Chuckie. Such a stupid movie. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm amazed they keep making them.

Sylvia thanks for the info on the CNN video.
OBSESSED JB FAN #89

"The excitement is in not knowing what is next." ~ Jason Behr
Old 04-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoodie:
<STRONG>Vicki - Thanks for the news about the CNN vid. Hopefully an SMG fan will take pity on us and be able to send it our way! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
You're welcome! But all the Thanks goes to Sylvia and Brown Eyes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Has anyone been able to view the video yet?
Old 04-30-2004, 10:27 AM
LTL
Master Fan

ML: WTG, our intrepid reporter!! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Nice to hear about Bill P., too.

Thanks, Brown Eyes, Sylvie, and Vicki for the word about CNN.

Chucky ain't got nuttin' on our guy! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited LTL ]
Old 04-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Supreme Fan

CHUCKY's GOING DOWN! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

They ugly little doll doesn't stand a chance against Jason and Sarah! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Talk about a Grudge! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited *Vicki* ]
Old 04-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Vicki*:
<STRONG>

You're welcome! But all the Thanks goes to Sylvia and Brown Eyes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Has anyone been able to view the video yet?</STRONG>
Dude, I have tried EVERYTHING. Cnn.com sucks, and the link I have to the video requires a credit card commitment. No thanks.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Weird, this movie 'Rick' is actually a modern retelling of the story of the opera 'Rigoletto' - the main character, Rick, is named Rick O'lette (get it, Rigoletto). [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
http://www.metopera.org/synopses/rigoletto.html

Not exactly a tidbit of information that will bring the Chucky loving public running into the theaters to see it! I think if they go with my Twilight Zone analogy, they might have better luck finding a distributor. LOL!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
<STRONG>

Dude, I have tried EVERYTHING. Cnn.com sucks, and the link I have to the video requires a credit card commitment. No thanks.</STRONG>
That's the same reason I didn't do. No way CNN is getting my CC number! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Going to start a new thread! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Supreme Fan

NEW THREAD!

The Grudge #6 Chucky is GOING DOWN!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread