Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Other One:
<STRONG>HFF= Hollywood Film Festival</STRONG>
Now you tell us!

Still, not as satisfying as the prospect of a Hotties Film Festival. Maybe I should start my own festival, showing only JB movies! Hmmm, there's only 5 so far, we could just play them in heavy rotation for 3 weeks solid.

It'd be a huge hit, I'm sure!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Sarzy I must say that I love you avi. it's soo funny and cute! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Come back in 20 minutes."

"Tell me, when the snow melts, what does it become?"--Fruits Basket
Old 03-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Stopped at the news agency stand this morning and thumbed through the Ju-on article in 'Fangoria.' Not surprisingly, the article is mainly about Ju-On, with only one sentence mentioning 'Buffy's SMG and Roswell's Jason Behr' starring in the remake of it. Mainly big photos of pale bloody ghost girls from the last film, since this is Fan-gorey-a, and about gore and horror flicks. I think they interviewed Shimizu about it and the people involved, but mainly about Ju-on. Saw mention of 'The Ring' in there as well. I scanned through it and didn't see any interviews with the cast of 'The Grudge.' Maybe they will do a separate 'Grudge' article in the fall, when it comes out? Anyway, I didn't buy it!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Absolute Fan

personally I hope the nudity isn't Jason getting it on with another girl [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cheriedreams:
<STRONG>

The new film, though cast with American leads, is set in Japan, and Shimizu hints at what he has in store for Stateside audiences. "Do you remember," he asks, "when JAWS was released? People were terrified to go near the beach. this is the kind of reaction I want for THE GRUDGE. After people see it, I want them to think, "Japan is an utterly frightening country. I never want to visit Japan--ever!"

Cherie</STRONG>
Cherie, thanks for the news! That's so funny!

How well I remember Jaws and after seeing it not wanting to go into the ocean (or lake or river, sometimes not even swimming pools)!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by prettylittleroswellian:
<STRONG>personally I hope the nudity isn't Jason getting it on with another girl [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
So you are hoping it's..... another man? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] If Jason is nude, I don't care who he is with! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That boy no wait MAN has a beautiful body and needs to show it off more. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As for Jaws! I still will not go into the ocean. It takes all my guts to get me to go into Lake Mead.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Addicted Fan

JAWS ia my absolute favourite movie ever. Loved the book, loved the movie, loved the sequel, even loved JAWS 3-D with Dennis Quaid!

And I also love the water, my love of sharks hasn't deterred me one bit! (You know if you punch a shark in the eye it immobilises it? Little tip)

I don't think I'm gonna feels the same way about The Gurdge tho'--I just can't see myself becoming fascinated with scary pale kid...
Old 03-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

I think Jason once said Jaws made him afraid of sharks (and not a lot of those in Minnesota). [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I still don't find those bloody pale Japanese ghost people scary at all, I have no idea why not. Maybe I'll be able to go see Jason's move!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I get freaked out by movies like that. I just hope that Jason's new movie would scare the crap out of me! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

"Come back in 20 minutes."

"Tell me, when the snow melts, what does it become?"--Fruits Basket
Old 03-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Signs/advertisements in Japan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Happiness blows on me -- Hair advertisement

A good drink makes you refresh. We carefully did the best selection. They are outstanding among others. We strongly suggest you to taste once its gorgeousness and pleasantness get you dreamy world. --

Mystery proclamation We sell a tasty life -- Outside Beaux-Arts

No one really goes to aqua bar for the drinks. But we make sure our drinks won't kill you. This is something you must remember. -- Sign for Aqua Bar

Why don't you have anything to drink? Choose one making you better feeling! -- On a vending machine

His name is "RA-MEN SAURUS" He is urchin has many
curiosity but he is a person who makes much of good looks. -- Sign for RAMEN SAURUS Chiba Art Clam School --

It is directions garbage other than this building, and forbids!! A fine is obtained when illegal abandonment is carried out. -- Sign attempting to prevent unauthorized trash dumping

Please acknowledge it although it is very sorry, because one of Japanese is asking to do the entrance store in our shop although I asked to come to this special KING MOU. -- Sign attempting to bar entry of foreigners into KING MOU

A wonderful life and wonderful living. These are my wishes; when we feel life's warmth, it's a sure proof that we are alive. Now, vigorous lives are multiplying. We want to nurture life that is kind to
the people. A single life brings happiness to all. (Delightfully, happily, by good luck) Act freely and unrestrainedly. -- Box of Baby Products

OK, their English is way better than my Japanese, but I thought some of these were funny. Or, in the immortal words of director Shimizu "Do again, suck less this time!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-23-2004, 05:17 PM
New Fan

I think the woman is the female ghost, and that's definitely the father.

Just to reiterate, the ghosts became ghosts when Kayako's husband, Takeo (next to Jason), found her diary where she detailedher obsession with a college classmate, who was now their son Toshio's teacher. Takeo flipped, and murdered Kayako, and definitely murdered Tohsio's cat Mar. Some time later, the teacher, Kobayashi, came by to check on the truant Toshio, and found the house trashed. Toshio was bruised and cut, and left all alone. Kobayashi waited for one of Toshio's parents to come home, not knowing that when his back was turned Toshio was meowing like a cat. (There is some dispute in the Asian film community whether Toshio was alredy dead in this scene. Since he appeared normal and not chalky white, many think he was possessed by Mar's spirit, and certainly, after death, when one appeared, the other wasn't far behind.)

He ends up finding Kayako's corpse, and as he runs out, taking Toshio with him, he gets a call on his cell phone from Takeo, who seems to think from the diary that Kobayashi and Kayako were having an affair, going so far as to think Toshio was Kobayashi's son. Kobayashi's wife is heavily pregnant, and Takeo says they should trade off, and that Kobayashi's daughter has been born. We see Takeo in a phone booth that is covered with blood, and when he hangs up, he starts slamming a bag on the ground- which is making a squishy sound.

What happens to Kobayashi I won't spoil for you, since there's a good chance the original Ju-on might get released here when "The Grudge" comes out.

At the end of the third Ju-on movie (which takes place years later; Takeo is mentioned as having been found dead shortly after Kayako's murder), the main character, a social worker named Rika (SMG is a social worker in this) seems to feel empathy for Kayako. When Kayako appears to her, she starts to change from her bloody self into her normal self, her croaking noises changing to a more human moan. She vanishes, evidently sparing Rika. But then- Takeo shows up! As headvances on Rika, we see Toshio sitting at the top of the stairs, looking upset and worried

So evidently, if Kayako doesn't get you, Takeo will, and since he himself was murderous in life, he might be more dangerous.

So things aren't looking too good for Sarah. Unless he only appears in the scene that supposedly shows the origin of the croaking sound. Which would be a flashback to the murder.

but anyway, Kayako doesn't look so scary now, does she?

All you need is a photo of Toshio without the makeup and a Yugioh shirt and you won't be so scared of him.

And I can't seem to simply type more than a few sentence sin a Grudge thread. Oh well.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Randall Flagg:
<STRONG>And I can't seem to simply type more than a few sentence sin a Grudge thread. Oh well.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
We wouldn't want you any other way! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for all your insight into the previous Ju-ons. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey Randall! Thanks for sharing all this with us! Do you think Shimizu will stick with jumping back and forth in the timeline in "The Grudge?" I wonder if that's too annoying for U.S. audiences. (Realizing that we have a very international board here, but thinking that the movie is kind of being made with quite a few American actors with the U.S. as the target audience.)

Love all the translation mix-ups, ML! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I guess Sarah talked a lot about her Japan adventures on The Ellen Show today. Anyone catch it?

(The SMG boarders are saying she only talked about Japanese culture - nothing about "The Grudge.")

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited Hoodie ]
Old 03-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoodie:
<STRONG>

I guess Sarah talked a lot about her Japan adventures on The Ellen Show today. Anyone catch it?</STRONG>
Shoot! I missed it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Don't know how much she talked about The Grudge, it was advertised that she was coming on to talk about Scooby Doo 2:
From the The Ellen Degeneres Show Website:
Quote:
SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR visits to chat about her new sequel “Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.”