Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2023, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Are you hosting Thanksgiving? Painting might be stressful.
I am hosting. I still don't have a head count, a few of my cousins are in Spain, my brother and his wife will be in New York for a wedding so I'm down at least four but my other cousins have a little one now so that's +1 and my cousin who moved to Chicago is bringing her boyfriend so another +1. I'm surprisingly zen about it this year. I ordered turkeys, I've bought the gravy and cranberries so far but that's it.

No painting. My stomach started bothering me yesterday evening and I was super tired. I was fine this morning and then my stomach started acting up again this afternoon and zapped my energy. I've been on the couch most of the afternoon. So I'm glad that I didn't start a project and then get stuck not being able to finish it.

I would say I'd do it next weekend but I'll probably do Christmas lights. I want to do picture frame molding in the dining room but know that was too big of a project to tackle right now. So I'll hold off on painting until I do that. I need to buy a laser level.
Old 11-11-2023, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Dr. Kayla - I have a massive headache and heartburn, a feeling that I have had together before. All I ate today was a turkey club sandwich and a handful of chips. Do you think it could be the bacon on the sandwich? I can't remember what I ate the last time this happen. Thoughts?
Old 11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My heartburn is almost always hormone related. Who knew that was a thing. I hate it. I actually stopped taking Advil too, that helped. Tylenol only for me.
Old 11-12-2023, 07:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m going to try posting this again…fingers crossed.

Kiki-being dizzy & nauseous sounds miserable. I hope it’s passed and you find out what caused it.

I’ve never heard of blue shampoo. My hairdresser uses a toner on my highlights that smells awful and costs a fortune but I’ve never had a problem with my color being too brassy.

We’re hosting Thanksgiving and I’ve lost count of how many people are coming. My niece, nephew and their spouse/boyfriend will only be here for appetizers then heading out to eat with their SO’s family so that certainly helps with seating everyone. I need to get a menu together and go shopping later this week before everything gets picked over. One of these days, I’m going to skip a holiday and go somewhere poolside with endless cocktails and food. Hosting is SO much work and I never get to enjoy the day because I’m waiting on everyone else.

We had a productive weekend. Cleaned up & decorated our front porch for Xmas, hung Xmas lights and cleaned out all the flower pots for winter. My back porch is naked with only the grills on it and I always forget just how big it is when everything is put away. I started packing up all my Fall/Halloween decorations and put out some Xmas but it will take a few days to get it just right. I’m half tempted to put up my trees before Thanksgiving but the weather here is killing my vibe. I don’t want snow but I also don’t want mid to high 60’s. Something in between would be nice .
Old 11-12-2023, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Dr. Kayla - I have a massive headache and heartburn, a feeling that I have had together before. All I ate today was a turkey club sandwich and a handful of chips. Do you think it could be the bacon on the sandwich? I can't remember what I ate the last time this happen. Thoughts?
Sorry... I didn't realize it's been since Wednesday that I replied. Yikes. I am such a bad co-mod these days. We have been super busy.

Unless bacon has bothered you before, probably not the culprit.
Headache could be hormones, dehydration, blood sugar, caffeine, atmosphere...seriously, almost anything. I had a headache most of Thursday and Friday.
Heartburn could be a handful of things as well. Did you get heartburn right after eating?

A, I'm glad your waiting. It was stressing me to think you were going to attempt it before Thanksgiving!

Robin, I Thanksgiving poolside with a cocktail sounds fantastic! NO family allowed.

Yesterday the minions and I went to the annual Madrigal Dinner at UT. It wasn't quite as good as last year, but we still had fun! Baby M went with us this yr. Last year he didn't go and I' don't remember why. I do remember we took a friend bc we had a ticket for him. ANYWAY...it was a great way to herald in the holiday season.

Baby M's birthday is Tuesday!!! He will be 16 and we have an appointment at DPS for his driving test. He's with a friend and his dad right now practicing parallel parking. Finger crossed he passes. I'm concerned. He doesn't have anywhere the practice that OM did when she took her test.

I started prepping veggies for Thanksgiving tonight. I need cranberries and I will get the sauce made this week too. I decided to take a shortcut on rolls this year. Texas Roadhouse sells their rolls, frozen. So, all I have to do is thaw and bake. That helps make the schedule easier. OM took off Wednesday before Thanksgiving so we have all day to prep and clean.
Baby M has ONE class... and of course it's his first class of the day. He said they were, as a class, trying to talk the professor out of having class. His other two classes were cancelled.
Worst case, OM can take him while I get to work in the kitchen. Friends are bringing pies. I'm going simple with appetizers this year. No one appreciated my appetizers last year.

I'm getting my fall decor down. I'll work on Christmas this week. It's been quite rainy and my bins are in the storage shed. I am JUST NOW getting the broken glass replaced. I have an appointment on Tuesday. Apparently, the hail we had a bit back broke a lot of windows. I am so ready to get the cardboard out of my window and open my blinds again!

I also got my dishwasher replaced! YAY! I have been saying for FOUR YEARS it didn't work. I was so right! The new machine is soooo much better! I left food on the dishes and spoons, and a wire rack to see what it could do...everything came out clean! Before everything had to be perfectly clen when it went in. It was basically a glorified rinse. AND everything was dry and hot. That other dishwasher was not working correctly. I am sooo happy to have one that works!!
Old 11-12-2023, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

The heartburn and the headache definitely came hand in hand after eating something. It has happened before a few times and I always say I am going to remember what I ate and I don't! This time I wrote it down.

Our big Thanksgiving is being broken up this year. We usually go to my SIL's parents with all of her brothers and families, plus a few friends. It is getting too much for her parents to do, they are in their mid 80s. We are going to my brothers now, just my parents, my brothers family, me and a few friends. I am always in charge of pies. ... which I buy.

Good luck to Baby M on his test! Vroom! Vroom!

I need a new dishwasher. Soon. Any suggestions?

I tried to watch a Hallmark Christmas movie tonight. It took place in Germany so I thought MAYBE it would hold my attention. NOPE. There is another next Saturday night that I will try but that is it. I give up after that. I have never seen one that held my attention.

I go back to work a week from tomorrow and I feel like I have so much to do before I go back. I have a really busy day tomorrow... I'm bringing my car to have the upholstery cleaned. I have PT, a meeting at noon, and then tutor at 4pm. I need to get a new phone this week also and just a bunch of other stuff. Hard to do with crutches! I let my nephew use my credit card to buy Call All Duty so he owes me 3 hours of work. I am compiling a list.

Someone in my neighborhood was letting off those little pop rocks fireworks for like 30minutes tonight. Thank God Scoobs wasn't here. I was getting so pissed but when I looked out my window, I didn't see anyone. Who does that on a Sunday night? It wasn't that late but I'm sure little kids were in bed.
Old 11-12-2023, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)

Someone in my neighborhood was letting off those little pop rocks fireworks for like 30minutes tonight. Thank God Scoobs wasn't here. I was getting so pissed but when I looked out my window, I didn't see anyone. Who does that on a Sunday night? It wasn't that late but I'm sure little kids were in bed.
Griz has been hiding all night here too because of the fireworks. It's Diwali and fireworks are generally part of their celebration. I always forget about it, but my neighbors are Hindu so the random fireworks always surprise me every year.
Old 11-14-2023, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We are headed to DPS for Baby M's test!!!!! I'll update later. Fingers and toes crossed, everyone! He has a way of seeming underprepared and rising to the occasion. Today needs to be one of those times.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

What is the requirement for getting a license in Texas? Does he have to have a certain number of hours with an adult or take classes first? I actually did it through my high school but I think we were the last year they provided that service. Good luck to Baby, M!

Kiki, I have an LG dishwasher and I've never had an issue with it and have had it for almost 10 years. The only thing I'll say is that a lot of these newer more eco friendly dishwashers, for whatever reason, smell often times if you don't run them every day. Which, I don't. I thought it might just be mine but it seems like it's a thing. Other than that, in my case my granite countertop hangs over the top of the dishwasher so you can't necessarily see the controls when it's closed and running, which really isn't an issue unless you're waiting for it to finish and want to see how much time is left on it.

This is the model.

https://www.lg.com/us/dishwashers/lg...rol-dishwasher
Old 11-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Griz has been hiding all night here too because of the fireworks. It's Diwali and fireworks are generally part of their celebration. I always forget about it, but my neighbors are Hindu so the random fireworks always surprise me every year.
I didn't even think of that! It was probably the family two houses down. Makes sense now.

Thanks for the dishwasher info.
Old 11-14-2023, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The biggest requirement for me is that the dishwasher is quiet!

In Texas, you have to take a class and have a certain number of driving hours and take a written and driving test.

He passed! By the skin of his teeth, perhaps. The test is so subjective…it’s based on the person grading. Which always makes me think of the scene in Clueless when Cher fails. Anyway…he didn’t parallel park well. Which, in his defense, he thought he was supposed to park between the poles, and she wanted him to the right of the poles. He nailed it for in the middle.
He went passed a railroad track too quickly. Honestly, I didn’t know that was a thing OR that when merging into a one lane road, you need to signal. I mean, you literally have nowhere else to go…so kinda obvious. He turned his head and used the rearview mirror to back up, but she said he wasn’t “observational” enough. Whatever. He has the license. It’s in the win column. Then we went to the most phenomenal Mexican restaurant! Someone’s abuela was chained the stove cooking for sure. Soooooooooo good! I asked the waitress, “ do I want enchiladas or tamales?” She was all, “you want the enchiladas with a tamale added.” She was not wrong! She brought Baby M a sopapilla for his birthday. It was a cloud of cinnamon, honey, and love.
We got his Nothing Bundt Cake bundltlet on the way home. That’s a birthday tradition. He talked me into going to see Five Nights at Freddy’s later. ONLY bc it’s his birthday. He’s already seen it once!
HOPEFULLY we have found THE TRUCK! We’re going to see it Friday! Yay!
Old 11-14-2023, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

I thought I failed my driver's test when I took it. I remember the guy was like, "Did you see that kid run behind the car???" And thankfully, I was confident and said, "There was no kids, I looked." He insisted that I only used my mirrors and didn't turn my head. But I passed so who cares. Clearly that traumatized me because I still remember it. My mom told me recently that while we were waiting to take the test, I told her I was nervous and needed a cigarette, then proceeded to take out a cigarette. lol I am not a smoker but was at one time. Clearly that is when it started.
Old 11-15-2023, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

FNAT was definitely a gift of time from me to Baby M. "I expected it to be worse." was the nicest thing I could say.

Baby M had a nice birthday and we've had a few more conversations about the truck with the owner and I am REALLY rooting for this to be it!! Baby M is sooo excited!
Old 11-16-2023, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The dishwasher is quiet! I will say that.

I think I only had one point deducted off of my driving test but I can't remember why. I hated putting in hours driving with my parents so I just didn't, but the classes were enough. I actually thought the most helpful thing was that if you took the classes through the school district at the other high school they had a range where you could drive and most of it was just various parking maneuvers.

I remember we had a big SUV at the time and my dad had a manual car which I couldn't drive so I had to take my test in the giant SUV and cursing having to pass the parking portion of it. But good enough I guess. Glad baby M passed!
Old 11-17-2023, 05:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everyone. Bowing my head as I appear on the board so sporadically these days. So sorry. Hope everyone is doing well. Hubby just had his ear surgery 2 days ago. He is doing remarkably well. So far, not in any pain so no need to pick up and pay for the Oxycodone. He has a great tolerance to pain. Hasn't even taken any Tylenol. BUT... he's SUCH a manchild as far as obeying Dr's or my orders. I threatened to pack my bags and move out if he didn't obey the Dr's orders.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread