Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2023, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} 68: Because It Isn't Always About Taylor

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

Old 09-29-2023, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
I remember when I was in the shelter last year to get Pippa that they had cage after cage of pit bulls waiting to be adopted. It was so sad and I have a feeling that it’s that way with all of our shelters in the area.

My oldest is going out with her best friend and two other girls for dinner on Saturday before Homecoming so the parents were in a group text this afternoon trying to work out all the details to get them from dinner to the dance as a group. Before dinner, we’re all meeting at the lake by my house to get pictures. I mentioned that we might want to park by the bike park on the opposite side of the lake and take the flatter, nicer trails over instead of making the girls walk through a wooded trail (possibly muddy or rocky) with their dresses and shoes. The alpha Mom who started the text group didn’t like the idea because her daughter is wearing a long dress and it might get dirty. I didn’t have the energy to explain to her that either way she is definitely getting dirty and my oldest told me tonight that this girl is wearing heels. I don’t want to be like “I told you so” but this Mom is a major pain in the a** with all the details. If you’re going to organize the evening then at least know when your daughter gets out of color guard practice and that you’ll need a reservation for a Saturday night dinner. My husband is working that night so my youngest will be with me which means I can’t transport all the girls because I don’t have enough seats but every time I offered to help in other ways this woman was like “no thanks”. She was a total b*tch about it and I guarantee her and her daughter are going to be super high maintenance Saturday night. I hate getting roped into these situations where I only know one other parent and have to deal with multiple Karen’s who have no idea how anything works but won’t step aside to let others figure it out. Ughhh!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Awww. Homecoming. Miss those days.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Tftnt
Old 09-30-2023, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You're welcome!

How is everyone's weekend going. It's warm here and I don't know what to do with my flowers. I'm ready to be in fall mode and plant mums but the flowers still look good and it's in the 70s and will be in the 80s this week. I'm thinking giving them one more week.

I planted some arborvitae yesterday. I've been battling a lower back issue that goes into my right hip. My doctor says she thinks it's just related to how much I've been biking. I don't know, it doesn't hurt when I do get on the bike. The x-rays showed nothing structurally wrong, just a lot of inflammation. It's one of those where it stiffens up when I've been sitting for awhile and feels better if I'm moving around which is the worst because sitting at work all day it's so painful by the end of the day. But also problem being if I move around too much in the wrong way I'm worrying I'm aggravating whatever is wrong.

I found a couch, a green couch at that. Now I'm looking for the perfect leather chair-and-a-half, which I've found at Pottery Barn. But do I really want to spend as much on a chair as I am my whole couch. Probably not.

Still have the kittens, though they're looking more and more like cats every day. Why does nobody want these adorable faces...this could be you with them all over your lap whenever you sit down.

Old 09-30-2023, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Aww kitties.

I'm sitting with Scoobs at my brothers right now. They went to the Rutgers game. Something is up with him today. My brother said he was limping a bit and not eating. I brought him some turkey which he gobbled up, but he definitely is a little off. Usually he goes crazy when I come to see him, but tonight he just kind of put his ears back and wanted me to pet him. Hopefully he just pulled a muscle or something. I don't see any limp now.

Tomorrow I am getting my nails done, plus watching football and soccer. My friend and her girls may come down to visit. This not being able to go anywhere sucks. I go back to the orthopedist on Wednesday so hopefully he tells me I can put full weight down now. I also started a new drug for my platelets that is kicking my ass.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Those kitties are precious! I have a soft spot for black ones and orange ones and… okay, ALL of them!

OM hasn’t heard back on the job opportunity. She is furious.
We’ve been so busy! I need a day off and it’s just been go, go, go. I see no end in sight.

Robin, I hope it all worked out tonight for pictures, dinner, etc.

Kiki, I can imagine you are getting pretty bored at this point! Hopefully, good news from the doctor! I hope Scoobs is okay. My friends’ dog ate an AirTag while being boarded…she threw it up but they are afraid the silicone case is still inside. If she can’t throw it up, they might have to do surgery to retrieve it. Our pets! They keep us on our toes.
My friend’s nephew was missing for a few hours yesterday! That was harrowing. I can’t think how upset his mom was! They found him after many many hours. He was four hours from home. I don’t know anything else. I’m not sure what happened. I was just sick when I saw he was missing! He’s Baby M’s age.

A, I’m sorry you are in pain. That’s no fun. I need to work on my yard! Ugh. It looks awful. It was 97 today, and I know it sounds crazy to say…it felt so much cooler than it has been. I still need a high in the 80s to get our in the yard though and really work.

We popped in to goodwill tonight looking for some garage shelving…I found a piece of furniture, like a buffet or side board for 3.49! I bought it on principle. I was sure they had priced it incorrectly. Nope! It has some slight damage to it, but for 3.49…it’ll work! It’s going in be used in our enclosed garage are for storage. It’ll be perfect! OM said we could try to repair it, who cares if we mess it up!

Baby M is still looking for a truck. He found a guy who seems nice. He gets vehicles in twice a week. I really hope he finds something soon. He’s like a dog with a bone. I know he’s excited. I’m tired of hearing about it!
Old 10-01-2023, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

I'm sitting with Scoobs again today, watching the Eagles game. They are all at the game. Scoobs is eating but something is off. I'm so sad for him. My brother promised to take him to the vet this week since I can't.

4 hours from home? Did he run away? How scary.
Old 10-01-2023, 07:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Poor Scoobs, I hope whatever is ailing him goes away soon. It’s so hard to watch your pet when they’re sick or just not themselves and you feel helpless/clueless on how to make it better.

Speaking of pets, both of the dogs have been puking randomly since last night. Olaf had his teeth cleaned this week and they discovered he had a bacterial infection which caused a lot of his small teeth to become loose and several of his teeth had holes in them so he ended up getting quite a few extractions. Poor guy had some swelling and is on a soft food diet until later this week so we’ve been feeding him some rice with veggies to supplement and apparently it doesn’t agree with my dogs. I know this because everything that they’ve puked up contains rice and veggies. Ughh!!! Pippa gets her stitches removed in the morning and I can’t wait to have one dog with zero restrictions. I feel like I’m running a pet hospital over here with all their injuries and illnesses.

Homecoming was a success except a minor incident with my daughter and her bestie. My daughter is a social butterfly and her bestie is not so the expectation versus the reality was a little off for my daughter last night. She regretted going to dinner and the dance with a group of introverts and once they got to the dance she broke off to hang with other friends only for the group she came with to follow her around which irritated her. She and her bestie spoke today, apologies were made and next time she’ll come up with a better plan so that she gets a mix of friends to hang out with. She was also peeved that all of her friends left the dance early and she wanted to stay. I guess there was a fight between a girlfriend & boyfriend where someone took off their shoe and hit the other person and blood was involved. The school kicked some kids out and then another student had a seizure so the night ended abruptly with the police and ambulances arriving.

Kiki- good luck with your appointment this week.

Kayla- hearing any child ran away is very scary but I’m curious how they managed to get 4 hours away. Sounds like there’s a lot more to that story.

A- those kitties are precious!!! Somebody, somewhere will want them. I know that doesn’t help you right now though.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’m sure there’s a story. Sorry to tease, but I don’t know what it is. The family hasn’t said.
I have no idea how you get that far away. I can’t imagine he ran away.

I’m sorry the puppies are feeling bad, all around. My friends with the AirTag situation are seeing if she passes two objects seen on X-ray. They were told surgery would be 10K! They are hoping to avoid that.
Here’s a PSA…another friend of mine found her cat in need of the vet this weekend. The cat was eating acorns, which are toxic to a cat. She has an obstruction (they think the acorns) and she needs surgery…5-6,000! I hope Baby M chooses to be an emergency vet! It’s crazy to me that they can charge that. I had no idea about the acorns.

I’m sorry HOCO had a hiccup. Introverts and extroverts want very different things! The relationship and medical drama is a lot too. OMG! No one wants a dance to end with an ambulance. I hope they are okay.

We picked up the piece from goodwill today and it’s perfect for what I needed it for. Baby M’s friend met us there with his truck. He was a big help! The kids talked me into a second piece of furniture. They swear it has value above what I paid and we can flip it. I’m calling the furniture maker tomorrow so see if I can find out about it. I cannot find this specific piece online, at all. If they are wrong, I will keep it and use it for storage for the moment. It’s really not my style, I wouldn’t know where to put it in my house. It’s also really heavy! We’ll see, I guess. It’s like a treasure hunt.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hope he can get Scoobs to the vet this week. It's so funny how as pet owners even if there is nothing visibly wrong that you can detect a slight change in demeanor. I hope it's something minimal and he'll be okay.

Emergency vets are ridiculous. I mean they serve their purpose and I'm so thankful for them but the one by me if you're going there, it's an automatic that you're going to be paying at least 2 grand because they don't chance anything and do tests on everything. When Griz was a puppy he had a stomach bug but my vet couldn't rule out that he didn't have an obstruction and told me to go to the emergency vet (which is also a very reputable higher end vet that does specialty procedures). He felt so bad and was still so young I didn't think twice. He didn't have an obstruction, he stayed overnight and they gave him fluids and I want to say the bill was roughly $2500. They sit you down before they do anything to give you an estimate and every time I just know, well it'll be 2 grand at least. Same thing for Sam toward the end of his life.

I just need them adopted because the longer I have them I get more attached, the longer they're with me they get more attached. I also very much know they're ready to have the run of the house but I can't do that with the dog and the two other cats so they're still restricted to just one room. I too feel like I'm running an animal daycare or something the way these guys go through food on top of my animals I already have and then I'm still feeding the kittens parents outside. I need to start buying in bulk.
Old 10-02-2023, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

I ended up staying for dinner with my brother and his family last night, since my nephew was home. And then watched the Taylor Swift game. lol Scoobs seemed to be doing okay when I left. I tried calling my brother twice today to check on him but he hasn't responded. Sorry I missed the rewatch last night, but looks like nobody watched anyhow.

It's 81 today. Last week it was in the 50s. So weird.

I had the dream last night that I was in college and hadn't been to class in a long time, and was going to fail my classes, not graduating. I always wanted to look into what dreams mean. I'm sure I could write a book about my dreams.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Annd once again I'm on here like once a week if I'm lucky trying to catch up. Ugh.

Kiki- Have you found out what is ailing Scoobs? I hope he recovers soon. Nothing is worse than sick pets and toddlers that are too young to be able to tell you what is wrong.

A- I get where you're coming from. I have a feeling though that these kitties have already become somewhat attached to you. They are beautiful.

Kayla- How scary for your friend's nephew. We just had a missing girl case here recently. She was abducted from a campground. She was found alive and ok 2 days later thank God, all because the kidnappers were stupid and left their DNA on a ransom note. Plus the kidnapping was caught on camera. I can't imagine being her parent. I would KILL anyone who took my child. It's a sad world when you can't even let your 9 year old ride her/his bike around a campground loop.
Old 10-04-2023, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

My brother is taking Scoobs to the vet tomorrow. He's a bit better. He's eating and going for walks happily. They will do some blood work and take a look at the arthritis in his hips. I just don't want him to be in pain. Last week, he was literally acting like a puppy. This week his is acting like an old man. He will be 12 on the 26th of this month, so maybe this is just old age. It just hit him so fast.

On another note. I am now able to put full weight on my left leg, and use a cane instead of the walker or crutches. I have a return to work date of November 6th, the Monday after Halloween.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
My brother is taking Scoobs to the vet tomorrow. He's a bit better. He's eating and going for walks happily. They will do some blood work and take a look at the arthritis in his hips. I just don't want him to be in pain. Last week, he was literally acting like a puppy. This week his is acting like an old man. He will be 12 on the 26th of this month, so maybe this is just old age. It just hit him so fast.

On another note. I am now able to put full weight on my left leg, and use a cane instead of the walker or crutches. I have a return to work date of November 6th, the Monday after Halloween.
Kiki that is such great news. I'm so happy for you. Are you going to PT to help it along?

What kind of a dog is Scoobs? 12 is a good age for a dog, especially if he is a purebred.
We have a mutt. She is half pug and half chihuahua so she's literally a "chug".
She is now 17 and still goin strong. I've said if there's a nuclear holocaust, the only things left will be cockroaches, my MIL (she's 89 and also still going strong ), and this dog.
Old 10-05-2023, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kiki...great news!! That is fantastic progress and I know you are so ready to get to school and back to normal activities.

I do not understand why our fur babies can't live as long as us! A high school friend has lost two fur babies in the past 3 weeks. I cried so hard when you posted yesterday about her 2nd dog. Just ugly cried. These are her children and it's so hard to say goodbye. That said, I hope Scoobs gets a clean bill of health. There are homeopathic ways to help his arthritis.

The minions are attending a work party and OM is in charge of planning it. That translates to, "Momma...will you please cook for the party?". Of course I will! We got snacky items and candy from Costco and another employee is in charge of desserts. We were going to make fajitas, but the menu was changed to chili. So, I'm making chili for 30 plus people. For the record, I didn't have to be involved with the fajitas. Baby M was going to grill those.

She also needed some way to display employee of the week and weekend in the breakroom. Momma and a glue gun to the rescue! She's happy with the results. That's what counts. I've been working on some holiday decor stuff and I'm not super happy yet. I'm having trouble with the background for a sign I'm making. It has the cutest scarecrow...I'm just unenthusiastic about the board I'm putting her on. I have some super pretty metal pumpkins and I know what I'm putting them on. BUT, bc they are metal, I'm not sure how to attach them. Hot glue will not work. I'm thinking e6000. If I try it and it doesn't work, I'll be sad and annoyed.

Baby M is STILL searching for the perfect truck. He hasn't found her yet.

I called the customer service number for the furniture piece we picked up. SO unhelpful. I'm emailing them a picture of the piece to see if they can ID it. Hopefully, the person who gets it is better than the person on the phone. Why are ppl so grouchy?