Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2023, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Thanks all. Scoobs went to the vet today. The vet thinks he may have strained his knee (I didn't know dogs had knees!) because she felt some inflammation. He probably jumped off the back of the couch or one of the beds. We also had $400 worth of blood work done. My brother also got information on insurance going forward, since he is now considered a "senior dog." She also said loneliness could 100% be part of the problem which makes me so sad. My injury, my nephew going back to school, and my niece moving out all happened at the same time. She didn't bring up the arthritis in the hips but we do have him on supplements for that already, which are super expensive. My mom is going to bring him over on Saturday for a few hours. Hopefully soon I will be able to walk him and he can come home. Good bless your 17 year old Gabby! That's what I am hoping for as long as he is still in good spirits and pain free. He was a puppy rescue and we were told he was 100% Shih Tzu, but I don't think he is. He looks full Shih Tzu except that he's almost double the size of a normal Shih Tzu. His siblings are big too but not as big as Scoobs.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm glad to hear Scoobs is okay and it's just something minor. It's so hard to tell with animals and what might be making them feel not well but as you know you can just tell. I've had dogs my whole life and Winston, my parents first dog (he was almost 7 when I was born) lived to be 17. His death is still the hardest on me when it comes to putting down dogs because I grew up with him.

Griswold has been not wanting to go out for long walks and he's been panting quite a bit. I need to get him into the vet for just a wellness check. He's only 8 but he's close to 100 pounds so, big dogs just don't last as long and I will admit to him being slightly neglected just because of the kitten situation. He's out of his routine, he's not in his normal space that he likes, he's not with me in the evenings because I'm with the kittens. I feel bad. I let Griz in to see them the other day and he's afraid of them. Oakley was scared but intrigued, Maple looked like the stereotypical scared arched back black cat.

I'm taking him up north this weekend to be with my parents and to hang out with Stella, my uncle's dog that was attacked. Her stitches are dissolved, it's just a matter of how she'll react to another dog since she hasn't been around any since she was attacked.

Other than that I'm planting mums this weekend and pulling flowers. It's finally cooling down and ready to get into full fall mode.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

I hope Griz is okay! I'm sure he'll enjoy being up north with you this weekend. Part of the reason I haven't really pushed getting another dog is because I don't think Scoobs would like it very much, maybe when he was younger. I don't think Scoobs has ever actually seen a cat! Coyote, fox, rabbits, deer, birds, a turtle, squirrels, and even a turkey but never a cat, that I know of.

I don't have any major plans this weekend. I have some friends coming to town because Jon Bon Jovi is having his charity chili cook-off at one of his restaurants, but I won't be able go with my knee. It's a long day and super crowded. I didn't go last year either. Maybe next year. My mom is coming over tomorrow to watch the last episode of Inventing Anna and bringing Scoobs. I may meet up with a friend at some point. Nothing exciting.
Old 10-07-2023, 08:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hope Griz checks out well at the vet. Hopefully he'll do ok with Stella up north if he already knows her. I'm sure Stella's weirded out from being attacked, but if they already knew each other and they sniff each other out, hopefully they'll be ok. Let us know how it worked out.

I'm telling everyone I know NEVER to use Teleflora for flower delivery! I ordered an arrangement I saw on their website for my boss's birthday. (Her birthday is today, but we had a mini party at work yesterday). I ordered it on Tues. 3 days ahead of time. Between the price, taxes, service fee and the extra $15 I paid to make sure they were delivered before 1pm, it came to over $100. My boss leaves at 3 and it was a Friday. At 1, I called them and told them it didn't arrive and to reimburse me the $15 which they supposedly did. I'll have to check my credit statement in a couple of days. At 2, I called them back irate and told them my boss leaves at 3 and they needed to get there. I asked for the florist's number so I could talk to them directly. Teleflora refused to give me their number, saying some bull**** excuse about contracts they have with the florists. I told them fine, then put me back on hold, call the florist and have them call the truck driver and get the flowers delivered before 3. They came back and said they would be. They arrived a couple of minutes before 3 so my boss did get them, but when I saw them, I almost hit the roof! The arrangement I saw was NOT what I ordered. I ordered what I did mostly because of the vase. Not only was that vase not used, but the flowers were not nearly as vibrant as the picture. Teleflora had 3 days to notify me that the florist didn't have that particular vase! I would have changed my order. It's like they lure you in with pretty pictures on their site, but you don't get what you paid for and they expect you to be happy with whatever the florist decides to substitute it with. I wrote a scathing review on both the Consumer Affairs and the BBB sites.

Rant over. Thanks for reading...now back to regular programming.
Old 10-07-2023, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

It's so funny that you bring up sending flowers. I have been looking around all day trying to find something reasonable to send my coteacher who is holding down the fort for me while I'm on medical leave. I was looking at popcorn, fruit boutiques etc. Everything is SO expensive. I settled on this cute boutique of flowers, in a fun vase, with a balloon. It was going to cost about $60 when all was said and done. Then they couldn't guarantee delivery before 3 so I didn't do it. I was going to send it to her at work on Monday.
Old 10-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Speaking of sending flowers, yes, so so expensive.

My friend's brother got married last weekend, the day after the wedding her mother had a cardiac event. She'd been on a ventilator since but they plan to take her off. She is only 60 years old. I'm so sad for her. Anyway, I was thinking if the funeral is in Illinois, which is where the wedding was and where they're originally from, then I'd go to it but they live in Atlanta so if it's there, probably won't go. Too expensive to get last minute flight. Until I looked at flowers and then I'm like, might as well just go, flowers are like the price of a roundtrip flight.

Stella was great, btw, seemed like nothing happened. They say much like with humans, traumatic events can sometimes just be blocked out by animals. She was fine with Griz and she's healing great.
Old 10-08-2023, 02:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm glad Stella did good with Griz. Were they able to play or is Stella still recovering?

I couldn't get over the price of flower sites. And to not even get what the picture looks like is extremely frustrating. From now on I'm either going to go into the shops directly, or go directly to the florist's website. I didn't even call Teleflora a third time to complain about what was delivered because it just wasn't worth my time. I read a bunch of reviews from other people that said the same thing I did. And when they called to complain, Teleflora wouldn't give them any kind of a full or partial refund so I knew calling them again would just be a waste of my time.
Old 10-08-2023, 03:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

If anyone is looking for something new to watch, I just binge watched a limited series on Netflix called Unbelievable. It was really good. It's got Kaitlyn Dever from Last Man Standing in it. She did a good job. It's a disturbing story and subject matter, but well acted I thought. I was up til 1 am this morning because I kept clicking on next episode til it was over.
Old 10-08-2023, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They're both getting older so they don't play as rough as they used to. Stella's favorite thing is to play fetch and she did a good amount of that. She'll bring you a ball for hours. They love to play in the lake together but it's starting to get cold and she didn't want to jump down onto the beach with Griz while he went in.

I loved Unbelevable, such a good show. That was during the time on Netflix where something new and excellent was being released almost weekly so it wasn't talked about enough, though I do believe it was up for awards or at least Kaitlyn was, I think Merritt and Toni were as well. Either way, so good, and yes, so hard to watch. I've never done a rewatch because it's' such a heavy subject, even with the uplifting ending.

Kaitlyn Dever is also in DopeSick. She likes those heavier shows like Taylor does.

Just set up a meet and greet with the kittens with potential adopters tomorrow evening. A family with two older kids...I'm hoping it'll be a good fit. The chat I had with the mom of the family went well.
Old 10-09-2023, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I haven't purchased flowers in years, so I have no idea how crazy the prices are now. I wouldn't know who to order from, but I know who not to use now. What a headache and disappointment with Telefora! Yikes! I would be livid! There is no justification for poor service. You should get what you ordered. Period.

I'm glad Stella and Grizzy had a good time and she appears unscathed.
That's awful news about your friend's mom! Is there any way she'll recover?

Kiki, sorry you had to miss Bon Jovi! I've had enough chili in the past week to hold me for awhile. I made it last week for game night and then another 24 quarts for the minions' party. I'm done. I will say that everyone at their party LOVED it! Two ppl who said they hated chili loved it. One of them had a second bowl. The kitchen manager raved and raved about it. It's nice to be loved even if OM told them all she made it.

I *think* I watched Unbelievable. If I'm thinking of the right thing, yes...very heavy.

My mom is trying so hard to not fall for scams and phishing emails. She sent me one this morning and said it this a scam? Bless her precious little heart. The return email was !%$Amazon!%$and a string of letters...one of the more obvious scams. I was happy she questioned it though! She has had to cancel her debit card SOOOO many times. Her Amazon account had to be closed and reopened, all due to phishing she thought was legit. For awhile it was something every week. Happy we adverted a crisis this morning.

I started The West Wing!! I love it! I think OM would love it too. So now I'm not sure if I pause and rewatch the first 6 episodes with her or keep going on my own. We are almost through with Ugly Betty, so we need a new show, BUT and this is a big BUT, we have 2.789 MILLION other shows on our need to catch up or watch list. I could legit probably watch the entire series before she got around to "being ready for it". First world problems!

Speaking of OM she did NOT hear back on the super cool job opportunity. She is hella (can I say that without *s) mad! The opportunity was to be a director's assistant for a non-union project that starts production next week. It would have been great experience, fantastic pay, and phenomenal networking. They asked for her resume and then ghosted. That's what annoys her the most. They didn't even email back to say we're going with someone else. She said that's pretty standard though, but no less of a let down.

The Taylor Swift concert in theaters starts next weekend and OM and Baby M will be working every weekend. Neither are super enthused. He's happy to work, bc he's worked two days in the past 6 weeks. OM is not looking forward to it at all. It will be mass chaos from Thursday-Sunday for WEEKS! They are only showing it on weekends and it's SOLD OUT for days! In December there's a Beyoncé concert that starts on weekends. We'll have to see if it's as popular.

The weather is finally nice!!! Cooler temps AND no humidity!! It's quite lovely and I'm here for it. I have pumpkin bread and an apple cider donut bundt cake to make! Fall is the best time of the year! Happy Monday!
Old 10-09-2023, 03:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

I watched „Unbelievable“ years ago. Good series, sad, disturbing content.

I then watched it again some time ago because I remembered that it mentioned a book that perpetrator used to plan his crimes. The book is a scientific book and is actually used by forensic scientists. I wanted to use the book for one of my court cases.

Anyway, this scene was obviously cut from the series. I wonder if the series makers feared that more perpetrators would use the book to guide them in avoiding clues and DNA.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

Good news. Scoobs is back to himself. I went to hang with him today at my brother's house since I can just let him out back and don't have to walk him there. He was his usual crazy self. I picked him up once though, and he yelped, so, I guess his leg is still hurting some. He was throwing my shoes around and taking pumpkins out of my sister-in-laws display. I was just so happy he was back to himself that I just let him.

I'm about to start season 6 of The West Wing. I have learned so much about government that I think certain episodes should be required watching. It moves so fast though and you have to really pay attention to all the dialogue. Sometimes I have to look up what the heck is going on. Speaking of government, I am just nauseous over what is happening in Israel. Terrifying.

My niece had similar issues when looking for a job. She would get down to the final interview and then they would ghost her, which I thought was so unprofessional. But she ended up where she is supposed to be.

I actually really want to go to the Taylor Swift movie. I am trying to rope my friend who has tweens to come with me, but I don't know how interested they are. I will probably end up going by myself.

I just watched Game 2 of the Phillies vs Braves playoff game. We were winning half of the game and Atlanta came back and won by 1 run. Now they are 1-1.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Unfortunately from what I understand, I don't think she'll recover. When they take her off the vent I believe that's an end of life decision. I'm still waiting on updates. She has not reached out to any of us. Understandably. I'm not sure how I could even handle that situation. It's one of those that you want to show support but if she doesn't want to be bothered then I absolutely do not want to bother her until she's ready to talk about it.

The kittens adopters came and met them this evening and they're being adopted Friday (fingers crossed they don't back out) and I've already cried.

I adore The West Wing, it's one of my comfort shows. Every few years I'll do a rewatch. ER, The West Wing, FNL all some of my comfort shows that I'll just binge all the way through every once in awhile.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

That's so terrible about your friends mom. Only 60? That's terrifying to me. Prayers to them.

I have a few friends with siblings and nieces/nephews in Israel I was just told that one of them was killed. He was with the military at the border. Horrible.
Old 10-10-2023, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My uncle died just last year a month after he turned 60 from a heart issue as well. It's so so young still.

We have a very large middle eastern population here, a lot of Palestinians, and of course also a very large jewish population. My mom called me today to tell me to watch myself in public. Not that we're jewish or middle eastern but I work in the very predominant jewish community and the heavy Muslim community is less than 20 miles away. I hope hope hope, pray that this doesn't start spilling over into communities across the US. I took a lot of time over the past few days just trying to catch up on the situation, I was ashamed to not know precisely what was going on over there. Sure you hear Gaza and the occupation but I didn't know the complete history. This whole thing is so complex but the absolute brutality that's going on and to civilians is evil.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread