Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2024, 10:03 PM
Passionate Fan

I am so much an introvert that wants to be an extrovert but it’s not going to happen. I’m pretty selective anymore on who I want to spend time with and if it feels like a chore to socialize with certain people then I know they’re probably not my type of people. Even so, hanging out with people whose company I enjoy can still be draining so I always need me time afterwards to recuperate because socializing can be draining.

My kids go back to school tomorrow and I can’t wait . It’s been a long & draining weekend with my oldest. She’s learning to drive and still continues to freak out and end up in tears most times when she drives with my husband. A large part of her problem is her inability to take criticism, correct herself and just listen. She is SO defensive and bursts into tears which then halts any progress she’s made. I can’t handle another weekend of her coming home in tears complaining about her Dad’s instructions and refusing to accept any responsibility for her behavior. Teenagers are freaking exhausting!!!

The same teenager told me today on my birthday that I was halfway to 100 and couldn’t understand why that might be offensive. I swear to god that I’m going to day drink if she doesn’t go back to school ASAP.
Old 03-18-2024, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
I am so much an introvert that wants to be an extrovert but it’s not going to happen. I’m pretty selective anymore on who I want to spend time with and if it feels like a chore to socialize with certain people then I know they’re probably not my type of people. Even so, hanging out with people whose company I enjoy can still be draining so I always need me time afterwards to recuperate because socializing can be draining.

My kids go back to school tomorrow and I can’t wait . It’s been a long & draining weekend with my oldest. She’s learning to drive and still continues to freak out and end up in tears most times when she drives with my husband. A large part of her problem is her inability to take criticism, correct herself and just listen. She is SO defensive and bursts into tears which then halts any progress she’s made. I can’t handle another weekend of her coming home in tears complaining about her Dad’s instructions and refusing to accept any responsibility for her behavior. Teenagers are freaking exhausting!!!

The same teenager told me today on my birthday that I was halfway to 100 and couldn’t understand why that might be offensive. I swear to god that I’m going to day drink if she doesn’t go back to school ASAP.
I'm dead. I would cry if either of mine said that to me!

Learning to drive is hard. Baby M, who has never been at fault for anything in 16 years, did better than I thought he would. Stay strong!

I wrote a reply after Kiki...so, I guess I didn't post it? That sounds like me.

Some ppl drain me, for sure. I will be the hostess, all day. Don't make me leave my house.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

In Michigan you're supposed to log so many hours with a licensed driver and I hated driving with my parents. I almost never did, especially my dad just because he was a backseat driver. My mom was like holding onto the door handle for dear life. I will preface this by saying I'm a good driver she's just anxious about not being the driver in the car in general. So I avoided practicing with them like the plague. So I get both your daughter and your husband's frustration.

Okay, so what do we think about the Kate situation. While I was on vacation I started paying attention to what was or wasn't going on with her and now I'm fully in on all the conspiracy theories.
Old 03-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Both the kids had to "log" their hours. So many in daylight, night, rain, on the highway, etc. I say "log" bc I certainly didn't write it down as we did it. Baby M said, just last night, he doesn't think he had all the hours. I KNOW OM did! She didn't get her license until she was 18! ALL the hours. I think Baby M did too. He was ready and he passed his test, that's what counts.

Okay...so this Timothee rabbit hole. He is SOOOOOOO awkward in interviews and I'm here for it. It's cringey and cute at the same time. I have thoughts. I cannot confirm anything via the internets, so I'll stay quite for the moment.
I've watched several of his films. The minions both want to watch Beautiful Boy, so I haven't seen it yet. There's a few I can't get with the streaming services I have, so I'll try half price books. He's in several episodes of Royal Pains, which I watched when it aired. I obviously had no idea who he was then. I don't really remember him in it. He's done a lot for 28! I'll be down my rabbit hole for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
In Michigan you're supposed to log so many hours with a licensed driver and I hated driving with my parents. I almost never did, especially my dad just because he was a backseat driver. My mom was like holding onto the door handle for dear life. I will preface this by saying I'm a good driver she's just anxious about not being the driver in the car in general. So I avoided practicing with them like the plague. So I get both your daughter and your husband's frustration.

Okay, so what do we think about the Kate situation. While I was on vacation I started paying attention to what was or wasn't going on with her and now I'm fully in on all the conspiracy theories.
What would be the reason to hide her death, if she has died?
I mean, it certainly looks suspicious. The photoshopped mother's day pic was just really odd. I've seen ppl saying for sure she's dead and others saying for sure she's not. If she's alive, why not a proof of live pic at this point? If for no other reason than to stop the rumors. I dunno.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Colorado has an app that kids can use to track their driving times and we’ve been warned that the state does verify the info especially nighttime driving. My daughter is in charge of her time but there’s no way we’re going to let her drive solo with only 50 hours, that’s nuts!! She can’t take her driving test until January so until then she keeps driving and we’ll reassess when it gets closer to the year mark. My niece & nephew (twins) just passed their driving tests this year and they were on a slow track because of their anxiety. Some kids just aren’t ready at 16 yrs old and that’s okay. IMO, it’s better to be safe and secure when driving than to rush it.

I’m vaguely following this whole Kate Middleton drama but I don’t really care one way or another. Didn’t she just have major abdominal surgery around the holidays? If so, she may be very slow to heal especially with 3 kids to take care of. I seriously doubt she died but maybe she did get sick of William’s ***** .
Old 03-21-2024, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They definitely could not track how much we were driving back in the day. I was probably nowhere near the actual number of hours I had to put in with an adult driver.

I was intrigued by the Kate stuff at first but then it keeps just getting weirder and weirder and adding so much fuel to the fire. Bottom line, if she's fine and they really wanted to squash the rumors then she'd sit in front of a camera and just thank well-wishers, etc. Instead they've tried to manipulate the media on multiple occasions and gotten caught. Which leads me to believe one of the following, she's sicker than they're letting on and she can't be on camera, she had work done and covered it up by claiming she had abdominal surgery, she's in treatment of some kind, like for an eating disorder and can't be on camera or they're headed for divorce and she's outright not cooperating with the powers that be at the moment and agreeing to whatever it is they want her to do.

The sequence of her being photographed with her mother (maybe, no proof it's actually her) looking incredibly swollen, to the photoshopping of the mother's day photo where it seems like they straight up used her Vogue cover shoot for the picture, and then the video of her with William where she looks gaunt and like a completely different person, which now TMZ is even backtracking and saying they're not sure it's actually her is so so so bizarre.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

I must have been looking at the wrong picture that Kate (or whoever) supposedly photoshopped. I saw a picture of her with her kids. It didn't looked photoshopped at all. I don't understand ANYTHING those royals do.

My niece was very gung-ho with driving. My nephew was very cautious and in no rush. He got his license 2 months after his birthday, so not too off track. Both passed their first try.

Timothee is SOOOOO awkward but somehow it works for him. He's gotten way better and more confident with interviews. EVERYONE who has ever worked with him, just loves him. I think he's handsome/sexy but he's way too skinny ad effeminate for me. His Royal Pains episodes aren't even worth watching. He was like 12. But definitely watch him in Homeland. The producer of Call Me By Your Name saw him in that and then cast him in CMBYN. I can't wait to hear your theory.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The pic with her and the kids that was released for Mother's Day is all kinds of messed up.

If there's nothing sketchy, suspect, or suspicious...then show us and put the rumors to bed. It wouldn't be hard.

I got my license on mu birthday. I BBF waited for a few months. Her older brother drove her where she needed to go. He went to Japan for 6 weeks the summer after she turned 16, so she finally got her license. She wouldn't drive on the highway though. It wasn't until she went to school out of state that she did that. Everyone is different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I must have been looking at the wrong picture that Kate (or whoever) supposedly photoshopped. I saw a picture of her with her kids. It didn't looked photoshopped at all. I don't understand ANYTHING those royals do.

My niece was very gung-ho with driving. My nephew was very cautious and in no rush. He got his license 2 months after his birthday, so not too off track. Both passed their first try.

Timothee is SOOOOO awkward but somehow it works for him. He's gotten way better and more confident with interviews. EVERYONE who has ever worked with him, just loves him. I think he's handsome/sexy but he's way too skinny ad effeminate for me. His Royal Pains episodes aren't even worth watching. He was like 12. But definitely watch him in Homeland. The producer of Call Me By Your Name saw him in that and then cast him in CMBYN. I can't wait to hear your theory.
I watched Homeland when it aired, but didn't finish it. I think only 1 or 2, maybe three seasons. Then OM and I started it again. we got further, but got distracted with something else. I didn't realize it ran that long. 2011-2020! I'll find Timothee's episodes and watch them.
He is ALL legs and arms! His hair is fantastic. I really like it the length it is right now. I saw a few pics where he tried facial hair for a hot minute. NOT a good look for him.
I'm enjoying his work. I watched Hostile. He comes on screen 30 minutes in and is gone by the 40 minute mark. He's worked with a ton of ppl!
Old 03-21-2024, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I want go complete conspiracy theory with the Kate thing but it's weird, something is definitely going on it's just what are they trying to hide.

I hated Timothee in Homeland, not because of him personally but just his character and the storyline ugh they were insufferable. Homeland is oddly one of my comfort shows. It feels like such an odd show to be a comfort show but I actually fully believe that your comfort show is associated with the time in your life you viewed it for the first time. I don't know, it's just one I always go back to.

I am SO happy for Oakland with their win over Kentucky. This university is in my backyard and they're always decent but very rarely make the tournament and they did this year and took down Kentucky. Their coach is just such a good guy and has been the head coach there for 40 years and I'm so so happy for them. I have a ton of family members that are alums and I know they're crazy happy.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kate has released a statement saying she has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy. The abdominal surgery was thought to be non cancerous, but tests showed it was, and the chemo is to stop it.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

It's terrible that Kate had to publicly discuss her cancer because the media is just badgering her. Some things are meant to be private.

I thought Timothee was amazing in Homeland. He really captivated me. The daughter was a bit annoying though.

I don't really follow basketball too much. I just looked at the brackets for the first time. I will have to go with Purdue since my good friend went there.

I'm around all weekend. No plans.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think the people were demanding an answer as much as the media. I know it was originally stated she would be away from the public until June. While I think she SHOULD be able to go through this with privacy...the reality of that is pretty far fetched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
It's terrible that Kate had to publicly discuss her cancer because the media is just badgering her. Some things are meant to be private.

I thought Timothee was amazing in Homeland. He really captivated me. The daughter was a bit annoying though.

I don't really follow basketball too much. I just looked at the brackets for the first time. I will have to go with Purdue since my good friend went there.

I'm around all weekend. No plans.
I've always enjoyed football more than basketball.

He was in season 2, so I know I saw him when I originally watched, I just obviously didn't know who he was. I watched a few snippets of his scenes last night. I need to watch them all.

OM is off tomorrow and she is so excited! She's usually only off on Saturday if she needs it off, never just because.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread