Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2023, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

It's really terrible. The history is deep and convoluted. I pray for peace.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Sorry to have been MIA but my oldest got sick last week (immediately after HoCo) and then gave it to me just in time for the wedding. I spent the weekend in a hotel room trying to get myself together for the ceremony and then make it back home. The wedding was beautiful but it sucked that I couldn’t celebrate the way I had hoped too. Five days later, and I still feel like crap and we’re leaving this weekend for fall break.

I got the new booster last week before I got sick and just a heads up if you plan on getting it that it’s brutal with the side effects. Our whole family has had it and all but one of us came out without any side effects. My husband has been sneezing all day with the chills and my youngest couldn’t sleep last night because her arm was so sore from the injection. I would say it’s the worst side effects I’ve had with any booster so far.

A- I’m sorry about your friends mother, how tragic. There’s such a fine line between wanting to support someone and also give them the space to grieve.

Good news about the kitties but I would cry too if I had to let them go.

Gabby- I haven’t ordered flowers online ever (maybe) but that would p*ss me off too if they sent the wrong item late and then were rude about it.

Ki- glad to hear Scoobs is feeling better❣️

I don’t completely understand everything that has happened in Israel but the information that is being reported is horrifying. I can’t wrap my head around such senseless violence and have been careful to avoid watching any videos that show up on my timeline. The news today about the infants and seeing what they’re doing to the women was just too much. We are going backwards on this planet of how we treat one another with just basic human decency and it’s scary as h*ll.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

I'm getting a booster AND the shingles shot on Monday, on top of my platelet meds that give me side effects. I can only imagine how I am going to be feeling. I'm going to double check with my hematologist today if it's okay. I hope you are feeling better soon Robin... sounds like something went through your family on top of the side effects.

I've been watching Monk. It was one of the only things that I could get on the tv in the hospital. I had actually watched the whole series on DVD back in the day, but scarily, I don't remember a damn episode. I remember all the characters but NONE of the storylines, it's like watching the whole series for the first time. It's a great show.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Kelce documentary on Prime. I watched it 3 times. I started the Beckkham one but haven't finished it yet. It's pretty good so far. I didn't know a lot of his story.
Old 10-12-2023, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My car kept telling me my oil was low, which it's been doing periodically over the past year, and it's crap because I don't need an oil change, I just had one not long ago and my Jeep takes synthetic oil so it should go even longer. Google says that the version of my Jeep has issues with this. So basically I decided to just add oil to my car on my own and I'm basically a mechanic now, I did it by myself and the car is still running so...

I haven't had a covid booster in awhile. After I had covid last summer I didn't get one in the fall. I'm going back and forth on whether or not to get one. The side effects for me have always been pretty bad, running a high fever for 24 hours/rash so I'm not sure I want to deal with that. I know the whole it'll reduce symptoms narrative, but I had covid after being boosted and I was knocked on my ass for seven days still. I do need to get a flu shot regardless.

My brother is in the hospital with a pretty bad stomach infection, I guess diverticulitis. I don't know if there's a genetic component but two of my four grandparents battled it at times. My sister-in-law is an ICU nurse so he's at her hospital. But it's bad enough that he's admitted and will be there a few nights. After I hand off the kittens tomorrow I'll have to go see him.
Old 10-14-2023, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

First, the board is very slow for me. It is even telling me it cannot connect and I have to reload. So, boo to that.

A, was it hard to hand off the kitties yesterday?
I'm sorry to hear your brother is sick. My mom has battled diverticulitis for years. It's no fun at all.

I need to watch Monk. I think OM would really like it as well. Baby M caught half an episode of The West Wing and has asked me to start the series over for him. I guess I will. OM and I watching it will have to wait, so that decision took care of itself.

Robin, is everyone in your family feeling better? Being sick sucks.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

I had written a post the other day, hit the back button to reread something, came back and my post was gone. Poof! Lesson learned. If I want to save what I've written, have to highlight and copy.

A- How did the adoption go? I'll bet you cried a little, but now you'll be able to free up your other animals and life will go back to normal. Did you keep it open that if it doesn't work out with them, they can bring them back?
I'm sorry your brother is in the hospital. My SIL had diverticulitis a few years ago. She chose to have surgery. She's been good since then and is even eating things with seeds again like strawberries.

Robin I hope you and your family are all feeling better.

I refuse to get the booster. They better not make it mandatory where I work. The flu shot is already mandatory. It used to be voluntary and if you didn't want it, you had to wear a mask during the flu season. Then covid hit, and they made the flu shot mandatory when we were already mandated to wear masks which made absolutely no sense! I swear hospital administrators have no brains.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I cried on my way from leaving them. It felt like giving away one of my own after having them for almost three months. You save them, watch them go from being so fearful/not even wanting human touch, progress and grow to love you and that is what made it even more difficult to let them go. If they were younger I think it would have been easier, at five/six months they had bonded with me.

The rescue they were adopted through requires that if it doesn't work out or if they have to re-home them even years down the line they need to let the rescue know who and where they're re-homing them to or they return them to the rescue. I made it very clear that if it doesn't work out I'd take them back in a heartbeat.

The board was almost impossible to get on when on my phone, seems better today at least but yesterday and the day before it would just timeout to a white page.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbycat (View Post)
I had written a post the other day, hit the back button to reread something, came back and my post was gone. Poof! Lesson learned. If I want to save what I've written, have to highlight and copy.
I have lost more posts than I care to think about.
Old 10-16-2023, 06:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m glad to hear the kitties found their forever home. It’s so hard not to get attached but you did a great thing A getting them ready for adoption. It’s doubtful that they would have had a long life otherwise.

I’m finally starting to feel better but my sinuses are still very angry. My MIL, the mother of the bride and my nieces boyfriend all tested positive as soon as they got home from the wedding. It was a rough week last week trying to get better and packing for our trip. I was so exhausted that I slept almost 9 hours last night but I feel better tonight than I have in over a week.

A- I hope your brother is feeling better. My Uncle had stomach issues years ago and it was the only time I remember seeing him curled up in pain. He was a Navy vet and it took him down for a long time.

Kiki- how did you do with your shots?
Old 10-17-2023, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm almost 100% sure that the female kitten, Maple, would not have survived outside on her own. She was/is so tiny even while I really really attempted to fatten her up. She was also just so passive, she probably would have starved to death. Oak would have survived but he loves people so much it breaks my heart to think of him not having that.

He was released from the hospital on Sunday and feeling better, minimal stomach pain when he left and he's on oral antibiotics for now. My SIL said he waited too long to tell her about the pain but he didn't think it was anything until he started running a fever.

Glad you're starting to feel better! It's that time of year where it's wake up congested and you get to play, am I actually sick or is it just allergies?
Old 10-17-2023, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

I love Jeeps but I haven't had a friend who owned one that ended up being happy with it. I am still driving a ten year old Hyundai Santa Fe sport. I'm hoping to get another year or two out of it. I have no idea what I would get next but not another Hyundai.

I was never keen on getting Covid shots but I had to for work in the beginning. I have had Covid twice and it was not bad at all and I believe it's because of the vaccine. I know 3 people who died after getting Covid really bad and none of them were vaccinated. This is the first booster I've gotten in over two years. I am NOT a huge vaccine person, I have never had a flu shot. I know a few people who have had shingles and they said it was insanely painful so I never want to go through that. My arm was sore and I was a little achy this afternoon. That's it.

I hope your brother is doing well A. God bless his wife. I was in ICU for one night when I was in the hospital. Nurses are heaven sent.

My exhusband and I found a dog once and kept him for a week or so. He was adopted and I bawled like a baby when I had to give him over. I can imagine how you felt giving up the kitties. But you did a good thing. I hung at my brothers today with Scoobs and gave him too many snacks in a short time. ... his favorites. Clearly overcompensating for my absence. Poor guy threw up three times all over. He has literally never done that in my home or with me. He's done it with my brother's family over the years. Scoobs was so scared. He didn't understand what was happening. So that was no fun... cleaning up the house, cleaning him, ... while still not being able to really bend my knees or walk without the cane. I just laid with him and rubbed his belly. Hours later I gave him some dry dog food but he had no interest. I hope he's okay. My sister in law is alone with him tonight. I will go hang with him again tomorrow. He's had a rough month.

I'm watching the Phillies in the playoffs. Red October baby!

Last edited by elherts; 10-17-2023 at 06:51 PM
Old 10-19-2023, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Is it Friday? I've been off all week! I spent most of yesterday thinking it was Saturday, even though I KNEW it was Wednesday bc I took Baby M to school. OM had was off! Her first day off in 10 days! We are ALL exhausted with that schedule. I am so ready for her to have several days off!

My aunt is been having a rough week. My mom called in tears saying, "my sister is dying and she's not going to get better." No, she's not. We've known this for 11 months, but it somehow clicked differently for my mom this week. She admitted, today, that she's been looking for a way to cure her since last November. She said she's done now, we'll see. I don't know that she'll make it to Christmas. Maybe? Her birthday is coming up. Earlier this week, I wasn't sure she was going to see that. My aunt would HATE that she's living like this, if we can call it living. We had to move her bed out this week and bring in a hospital bed. I hate this for her.

We went to see Bettlejuice last night. The kids wanted to and hadn't seen it before. I quickly remembered why I had only seen it once and also why I'm not a big fan of Tim Burton. It had been restored for Dolby and it looked good. Just not my kinda movie.
I AM looking forward to seeing Killers of the Flower Moon. Maybe this weekend, we'll see. I need to get out in the yard and do some work and it's finally nice enough to do it.

Parker broke a pane of glass yesterday! Not on my list of things to do! It was a rather large window and we had to order the piece of glass. Also, we had a bird fly into a window and hit to hard it died! That was on Monday! It's always something exciting here!
Old 10-19-2023, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had been so sad about the kittens, just missing them (the house is so quiet) and their affection because they were always all over me. I was worried about how they were adjusting and their adopter said they'd been skittish and nervous still earlier this week. But today she sent me a picture of Oakley (they kept his name) sprawled across her lap while she was on her laptop working from home. So he turned a corner. It is such a relief. I knew they'd get to be more comfortable I was just holding my breath waiting to hear that they had.

I'm trying to keep my mind off of things by just throwing myself into buying new furniture, curtains, a new rug, repainting a room etc. I always want to redecorate this time of year and I need a distraction.

Kayla, I hope that your mom is able to find peace with losing her sister. I know she won't but often times like this the grieving process is happening right now and when her death does come I don't want to say its a relief, but in a way it is because the suffering is over. Losing three of my four grandparents to diseases that we knew were taking their lives over years or months was in a way more difficult to watch than something sudden happening.

That being said, I finally found out funeral arrangements for my friend's mom and it's in Cleveland, so I'll be heading that way in a few weeks to support her. She still does not want to talk about it, which I understand. Cleveland is like 4 hours from me but I have some family there so at least I can crash at their house and not have to drive back and forth in one day.

Hope Scoobs is feeling better!

I don't know if you guys know Sorel boots, but they're my favorite and I found a pretty close dupe on Amazon for like half the price so I'm scooping them up in multiple colors. They're obviously not the same quality but they're my go to winter casual boots and the dupes from Amazon are super comfortable and I love the wedge.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C9FGN8X...roduct_details
Old 10-21-2023, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

I posted something in this thread last night but I guess it didn't upload. The board has been so slow again.

I'm so sorry about your Aunt, K. I'm glad your mom is finally accepting though. Hopefully she can spend some time with her sister in peace.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm having such a hard time with the board being slow to upload anything.

K- I'm sorry about your aunt. I'm glad your mom seems to be starting to accept things. I assume they've always been close which makes it harder.

A-It's great that the kitties are adjusting well to their new home. Did they keep Maple's name too? I'm glad that they'll grow up to be a bonded pair.
I'm sorry about your friend's mom. Did she actually pass? Last I read, she was on a ventilator or did they take her off of it? I had to do that with my mom and it's the hardest thing to do. Especially with a husband who HATES hospitals and paced outside the room while my mom was passing instead of being there for me. The person's hand that was on my shoulder was the hospital priest who was a complete stranger, so I felt like I was alone. I've always resented him for that. Sometimes you have to put your own feelings about things aside and be there for your loved one.

Kiki- I hope Scoobs is feeling better. Maybe he just ate too much. Maybe his stomach was upset and that's why he didn't eat his food later.

I like Beetlejuice because of the actors in it. I'm not much of a Tim Burton fan. His movies are just too out there for me. My daughter liked Nightmare Before Christmas. What little clips I've seen of it, it's a big nope for me. Too strange.

Robin-How are your sinuses feeling? If it weren't for my nasal spray addiction, I'd be stuffy 365 days a year.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread