Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2023, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It has been so slow, so I get avoiding it altogether.

I haven't heard any more from the adopter. I don't want to be overwhelming and asking for daily updates because I need to disconnect too. I'm not sure if they kept Maple's name. I knew when they first came to see them that they'd probably keep Oakley's (Oakey) because she said she thought it was so cute. I hope they kept Maple's name, just because she did kind of answer to it. But like anything else she'll adjust if they did change it.

I'm about to give up on dating. Not really but I'm just tired of it and now at my age the pressure of trying to find THE person to start a family is just overwhelming at times. So I've been starting to take steps to maybe go the route of SMBC (single mother by choice). So I've had an endless number of doctors appointments recently, add that to my brother being back in the hospital for a second stomach infection this past weekend and I feel like I now live there.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sorry I’ve been here less. The inability to pop on and post is grating on my nerves. Right now, it seems super fast, perhaps it’s fixed? That would be very nice.

My aunt isn’t eating or drinking. She hasn’t recognized my mom the past few days. I’m not sure how much longer she’ll be here. Her birthday is Tuesday, I’m not sure she’s going to see it.

OM is making headway on her script that she’s submitting for grad school. She’s also applied for another promotion. We shall see what shakes out.

Baby M still hasn’t found a truck. He’s beside himself. This birthday is in three weeks and he’s feeling the pressure to have a vehicle by his birthday. Pressure he has created and only put on himself.

Most of my friends and family are excited the Rangers won. I’m not a huge baseball fan. It’s fun to see them fired up.

I found out this week that a pizza place from my college town has opened a location in Dallas!! I AM super excited about that! I am not a pizza fan at all and I LOVE Hideaway! It makes me look forward to our next trip up there!

I’m glad the kittens are okay. I know it was hard to hand them off. They seem to be well loved by their new people.

Kiki, it’s almost time to go back to school! Are you ready?

A, the right guy is out there. Don’t let your age scare you. I can only imagine what all is involved with prepping to have a baby on your own. I bet it’s a lot. It’s a big decision for sure!
Old 10-24-2023, 08:29 PM
Passionate Fan

After almost two weeks of being sick I finally feel like myself…thank god!!

K- I’m so sorry about your Aunt. Watching a love one deteriorate is such a hard thing. My heart hurts for your Mom and her having to go through this. I don’t think grief is easier if a loved one is suffering or passes unexpectedly it’s just a slow, sad process that each person has to work their way through.

Ki- Poor Scoobs!! Is he eating something that could be upsetting his tummy? New food or treats? I hope he’s feeling better but I’m sure having you there to comfort him was just what he needed in that moment.

A- I’m so happy to hear the kitties are adjusting to their new homes.

Your poor brother must be miserable. Do they have any idea what caused an infection after being released?

I hate hearing that you’re giving up on dating. I feel like when you stop looking the right person might come along. I completely understand your frustration and just watched my niece, who just turned 30, meet a guy in the last few months that she’s pretty serious about. Her last serious boyfriend was in college and she’s dated but hadn’t found the one. We’re all hopeful that this guy is the one but time will tell. The point of that was to encourage you to not give up but I get wanting a back up plan, especially if your biological clock is ticking. Being a parent is HARD and doing it solo is even harder but I applaud you for taking control of your future and exploring your options.

Those Sorel boots are so cute!!

Beetle juice was a part of my childhood but I’ve never been a fan, it’s just such a strange movie. I’m sure I’ll watch the sequel when it comes out just because.
Old 10-25-2023, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Y'all. I got my oil changed today. It was soooooooooooooooo overdue. Like bad. I've added more oil since the last change, but it needed to be changed. I hope my gas milage improves. I've been running errands and doing all the not so fun things this week. Grocery store, Costco, oil, inspection, etc. I still have to go grab my tags.

The glass that the dog broke will be installed tomorrow. It's been raining all week, so I'm happy to get glass back in the window. I'm loving the rain. We need it soooo much. That said, it's been a very humid rain. It's 74 outside but feels at least 84, if not warmer. We have thunderstorms coming tomorrow, so I think it'll cool down and feel cool at the same time.

100% agree about grief. It doesn't matter if you know and can prepare or it's sudden, it's still shocking. My mom has a history of not dealing at all, so we'll see what she does.
Old 10-25-2023, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Scoobs is fine now.. . back to himself. Tomorrow is his 12th birthday. I was going to take him up to visit my niece in the city but I can't really walk around the city quite yet. So I will just give him his Frosty Paws and we will sing.

I love those boots. I may order them for myself.

I got divorced at 35 and we had tried to get pregnant for like a year. That has nothing to do with why we got divorced and at the time I was thankful we hadn't had kids. Now I wish we had. But then I felt the ticking very loudly and was very anxious when I hadn't met anyone else serious. I always said I would give myself until I was 42. That came and went. I regret not freezing my eggs or doing it on my own. Then I was going to foster and I never did that either. I had N&N so I never felt like I missed out too bad. But now that they are grown, I regret not having kids. I say do it A! Maybe give yourself a few more years but start planning now. I still want to foster. I don't know why I am dragging my feet. After my divorce I dated a lot but felt like I was better off by myself. Maybe I am looking for perfection in a guy, and we all know that doesn't exist. When I know, I will know right? Since my ankle injury, almost 3 years ago, I haven't really dated at all. I've never done online dating. It's usually friends of friends, or random meetings.

I'm supposed to go back to school Nov. 6th. I go back to the orthopedist next week so I will see what he says. I don't feel ready physically to go back, but I need to mentally.

I'm glad the Astros aren't going back to the World Series. The Phillies blew it. They were so hot and then they just fizzled.

Last edited by elherts; 10-25-2023 at 06:00 PM
Old 10-27-2023, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I do really feel like I'll regret at least not having one of my own. I've always wanted to be a mom and at this point I don't even have the aunt option because my brother and his wife aren't having kids, my best friend who I would consider a sister is in the same boat I am but a year older so if she has kids or not is up in the air too.

I'd been dealing with that back pain that wrapped around into my right front. I had to have an ultrasound this week and have an ovarian cyst which might explain some of the back pain, which I'm slightly relieved there's actually a cause and I wasn't crazy.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

I had a student once, in 4th grade, who had an ovarian cyst that ruptured in class. It was terrifying. I went in the ambulance with her to the hospital and waited until her mom got there. I saw on social media the other day that she is now a freshman in college. My niece had one that ruptured on the soccer field. She had been having pain for days. Glad they found yours.

I had a pedi, massage, and facial today. It was lovely.

My allergies are so bad right now. Right now I am having trouble breathing. Of course I am terrified because of the blood clots I had in July, but I am on so many blood medications that I am hopeful that is not the issue.
Old 10-28-2023, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

RIP Matthew Perry. This one just hits different.
Old 10-28-2023, 09:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I just heard about Matthew Perry and can’t believe he’s gone. Friends is my go to comfort show and Chandler’s sarcasm always makes me laugh. I know he had his demons but I hope he’s finally at peace.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I probably won't be able to watch Friends for awhile if at all. I was in the middle of Riverdale when Luke Perry died and I could never go back to it.

There's something very specific about an actor that was so much apart of a tv show that you loved in your teens/younger years that it makes it hard for me to not think, "they're not alive" when watching it in the present. Maybe that's a me thing but, yeah, it'll be sad to watch it.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The board has been difficult to access today. Earlier, it just kept timing out and not even connecting. Grr.

I drove to Dallas Friday. I met my mom at the memory care facility where my aunt was. We canceled her party that was to be Saturday morning. I sat her my aunt and my mom until about 10:30PM, thinking she was going to die. We certainly didn't think she'd make it through the night. We were back at the facility at 8 Saturday morning. I spent most of the day there with my mom and my aunt passed at 9:07 Saturday evening. Her memorial service will be in a few weeks. We needed time to make sure all the family can be there.
To tie Friends in...remember the episode where Ross and Monica's Grandma dies? They walk into the hospital room and she'd not really dead? My aunt did that FOUR times! The nurse said she had NEVER witnessed that before (she's been a nurse for 50 years). She "died" four times in 70 minutes. Like complete change in color, no pulse, no heartbeat, no blood pressure for over 1-2 minutes and a huge gasping breath and she was back. It scared the crap out of me the first time.
Since I wrote both my MIL and Lee's obits, I was elected to write hers.
Tomorrow is her birthday and for the first time in my life, she's not here to wish Happy Birthday to. I'm in no mood for trick or treaters tomorrow. Sorry kiddos. I hope turning the light off will be enough. If the bell rings repeatedly it'll drive the dog mad and (me by association).
It rained on me the entire drive home yesterday, that seemed to match my mood. While I am so happy she's no longer in pain or trapped in a body with no memories...I always had a close relationship with her and I love her. I have an entire Christmas tree that is my "Aunt Sandy" tree...it's all done around a collection of ornaments she gave me. They are a Hallmark series and she bought one for me every year, it looked forward to adding a new one to the collection each year. Three years ago, I decided to make a tree of just her ornaments so they didn't get lost on my big tree. It's one of my favorite Christmas things each year.

OM texted me about Matthew Perry while I was with my aunt...it was about 15 minutes before she died the first time. I am so sad. Friends will definitely hit differently now. It is a favorite of mine and both minions. Have y'all seen the interview he did where he said he'd rather be remembered for the people he helped than for Friends? It was really sweet and it's been floating around IG the past few days.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy Halloween! It's snowing. First snow of the year. I feel bad for the kiddos, it's like actually really snowing right when they'll be out getting candy. I guess it's maybe better than rain, not quite as wet.

I'm sorry about your aunt and having to go through thinking she had died three times before she actually did is crazy. I remember waiting for my grandmother to die when she was in hospice and they told us to listen for the death rattle, which I actually didn't know what we were listening for but definitely would know now.

I love the Aunt Sandy tree, post a picture when you do it. I know you love Christmas.

The snow has not stopped the trick or treaters my goodness at this rate I'll be out of candy in like a half hour. So many kids.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:55 PM
Passionate Fan

A- It sounds like you’re getting the weather we just had this past weekend. We had about 4-6 inches of snow and it was bitter cold. Our front yard is south facing so it’s melted but our backyard will be a frozen tundra until spring.

Our neighborhood was mobbed with trick or treaters and we ran out of candy by 7:30. My husband said lots of neighbors ran out earlier than that and my youngest and her friends were done before 8:00. She still made out like a bandit with over 200 pieces of candy & she gave me her Snickers so it was a good night .

Kayla- I’m so sorry to hear about your Aunt’s passing. Watching a loved one pass is so very hard and it feels like an eternity to us while waiting and dreading even though you want them to be at peace. My FIL also had the death rattle the very last day and my husband said it was such an eerie sound.

Your Xmas tree sounds beautiful and such a wonderful tribute to her memory. I would love to see a picture of it when you put it up.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

I read Matthew Perry's biography not too long ago. It just breaks my heart. I pray that he had not relapsed but whatever happened, he is at peace now. One thing he often said, was WHY ME? Why did this disease get me? I often think about that... Why some people and not others? Same with eating disorders. My friends and I would get together every Thursday night to watch Friends. Even now, we send each other TikToks and Memes of our favorite episodes all the time. So sad. John Ritter was another one that hit deep.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt, K. Thinking of you all.

I had Scoobs on my own since Friday because my brother and his wife went to Charleston with their friends. I stayed at their house during the day but came home at night so I only had to walk him once at night and again in the morning. It was really rough and I am in a lot of pain. I go to the doctor tomorrow and will probably push back my return to school date. I'm so frustrated. Scoobs is back with my brother now. This was a trial and it didn't go very well. Actually it was fine in the moment but compacted over a few days has left me with some pain.

I read Britney's book. I hated it. She took no responsibility for anything and blamed everyone else for all her problems. According to her, her family sent her to rehab three times because she was taking over the counter supplements. Okay..... I think her family's intentions were to help her BUT they certainly took advantage of her money and the conservatorship did not work and was abused. They are all ****ing crazy.

I saw the Taylor Swift Eras Tour movie tonight. It was very good.

I've been wanting to listen to the Smartless podcast. I finally did today. I skimmed through a few episodes and I am now in the middle of the Matt Damon one. I just love him so much. I would love for Taylor to do an episode. Is he friends with any of the hosts? Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnett. Not that I know of.
Old 11-01-2023, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm not 100% sure kids weren't coming from outside of my neighborhood. There was an unusual number of cars kind of loitering/following the kids. There are usually some parked cars but this was different. Maybe it was just because it was snowing and colder but that didn't really stop the kids, they were loving it.

It was hard to tell exactly how much snow fell because the ground is still warm so it accumulated on the grass pretty significantly. It was gone by like noon because it was sunny today though. Of course this weekend I need to get out and put away my hoses which I normally would do before a freeze and rake all the leaves since they're so late in falling this year. This snow snuck up on us.

I have Britney's book but haven't read it yet. Her family are trash and I just feel bad for her, she's really not led a normal life since she was like fifteen or sixteen years old and not having a supportive family generally makes or breaks child stars.

Kiki, when is your scheduled date to be back at school? No shame in pushing back your start date, especially if you're still in pain.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread