Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2022, 02:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)

I read an article the other day that said Pfizer released a study that said you are more likely to get the vid if you are vaxxed….so I don’t know. Also, the CDC just added the vaccine to the schedule for children, so I really don’t know. I think it’s what you feel most comfortable doing.

I would definitely wait on flu shot until you feel better.
I had to be vaxxed for my job. After getting the first shot, I got Covid in late Jan. Then because I actually got it, HR told me I had to wait 3 months before I could get the 2nd shot. So I ended up getting the 2nd shot in April instead of when I was supposed to get it. We had 2 people get fired because they absolutely refused to get vaccinated.

The flu shot is mandatory for us as well.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbycat (View Post)
I had to be vaxxed for my job. After getting the first shot, I got Covid in late Jan. Then because I actually got it, HR told me I had to wait 3 months before I could get the 2nd shot. So I ended up getting the 2nd shot in April instead of when I was supposed to get it. We had 2 people get fired because they absolutely refused to get vaccinated.

The flu shot is mandatory for us as well.
Do you work in the healthcare industry?

I also saw this week that the New York Supreme Court ruled anyone fired for not getting vaxxed must be given their job back and receive back pay from the date they were let go.

OMG! Y’all!!! We went to a friend’s football game tonight and we were playing the Panthers! The Pflugerville Panthers, the team the Dillon Panthers were based on. It was like seeing Dillon on the sidelines. They even had a 33!! He was a starter. It was so fun. Also so so cold. We were not properly dressed. I needed more…a scarf and hat and gloves and I would have been fine. We left at the end of the third quarter, we were up 35 to 0.
Old 10-29-2022, 09:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Do you work in the healthcare industry?

I also saw this week that the New York Supreme Court ruled anyone fired for not getting vaxxed must be given their job back and receive back pay from the date they were let go.

OMG! Y’all!!! We went to a friend’s football game tonight and we were playing the Panthers! The Pflugerville Panthers, the team the Dillon Panthers were based on. It was like seeing Dillon on the sidelines. They even had a 33!! He was a starter. It was so fun. Also so so cold. We were not properly dressed. I needed more…a scarf and hat and gloves and I would have been fine. We left at the end of the third quarter, we were up 35 to 0.
I do work in the healthcare industry.
I saw the thing about the supreme court. Not sure if that's going to fly though. It may be a different senario for people in this industry since we deal directly with Covid patients all the time. The 2 people that were let go, their positions have already been filled so there's no positions available for them. One of the people got another job in a private Ortho facility that doesn't require vaccination or mask wearing. The other person and her husband own and run a gun/ammo shop and they're doing quite well. She's pretty resentful about being let go to begin with so I don't think she'd want to come back anyway.

I'm glad about the game. I can watch in the cold as long as I'm not freezing. I remember going to my daughter's away soccer game toward the end of October (this was a few years ago). The foliage would have been more beautiful had it not been for the pouring rain and about 40 degrees. They still played and won the game so it made freezing worth it.
Old 10-29-2022, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wouldn’t want to go back from a job that let me go. Too much to deal with.

How old is your daughter? My daughter OM (oldest minion) is 20 and my son, Baby M (baby minion) is almost 15.

They won the game and have made the playoffs. So, that’s fun. I’m so thankful it wasn’t raining on us,

So random PSA…I heard on the radio earlier this week there’s a turkey shortage. We popped into a store to get milk last night, not a turkey in sight. My mission tomorrow is to find one so I have a beautiful Tom on Thanksgiving.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm still of the opinion that early on getting vaxxed to avoid being in the hospital was the way to go. I also avoided covid for two and a half years before finally getting it while being vaxxed. When I did finally get it, it had been 9 months since I got a booster. Now that I have some natural immunity I'm on the fence. I did get my flu shot yesterday and the pharmacist told me I should wait 3-4 months post covid, so I have a few more weeks if I decide to get it.

Part of it is that my doctor told me to get pfizer instead of moderna because I had an allergic reaction, and I was also knocked out for 24 hours after the second shot. So I have no idea how I'd react to a pfizer shot.

I now have a 23 year old living with me. My cousin in nursing school and lives about an hour away but the university is close to me. She was commuting but got tired of it so she's now living with me during the week. It is an adjustment. Nothing like reminding you how boring your 30s are when you're with a twenty something.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

I would love to have my 23 year old niece living with me. We would have so much fun. I've actually suggested it but she has it good at home, and her mother would have a heart attack. She would be okay if she moved out but if she moved in with me, that wouldn't go over well.

I hadn't heard about that supreme court ruling, but it does make sense. Although, I don't see how it will work out giving jobs and wages back. May have to be supported financially by the government.

That's fun about the Panthers game. I went to my friends daughters 8u softball game. I wanted to stab a pencil in my eye. I had an all sports weekend again...
Eagles W
Phillies 1W 1L
NWSL Championship -Portland Thorns W (not my fave team but niece's former teammate plays for them)
Rutgers women's soccer Big Ten playoffs L
My cold is much better but my knee is still a disaster. Back to the ortho I go.

I've been rereading all the Harry Potters and watching the movies. I'm on book 4 in my rereads and just started the 3rd movie.

Basically been on the couch all weekend nursing my knee. Not thrilled that tomorrow is Halloween at school. My colleagues and I are being condiments. I'm Tabasco sauce.
Old 10-30-2022, 05:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I wouldn’t want to go back from a job that let me go. Too much to deal with.

How old is your daughter? My daughter OM (oldest minion) is 20 and my son, Baby M (baby minion) is almost 15.

So random PSA…I heard on the radio earlier this week there’s a turkey shortage. We popped into a store to get milk last night, not a turkey in sight. My mission tomorrow is to find one so I have a beautiful Tom on Thanksgiving.
My daughter is 26 & has been married for 2 yrs. My son just turned 21.
My husband just mentioned to me today that there is a turkey shortage at the same time we were driving to our daughter's Halloween party & saw 5 wild turkeys in someone's front yard.
My son's work has been giving their employees free turkeys for Thanksgiving the last 2 years. Not sure if that's going to happen now.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:09 PM
Passionate Fan

My neighbors had COVID late this summer and were told by their doctors to wait 90 days before getting a booster. My oldest & I got the omicron booster a few weeks ago along with our flu shots and it went better than I expected. Our arms were very sore for a few days and we both had headaches almost immediately afterwards but I felt better getting that booster than any of the others. I’ve only ever had the Pfizer vaccine so I can’t speak for side effects to others but it just seems that some people have a rough go for 24hrs afterwards while others have no issues. Everything about COVID seems so random and it will probably be a long time before we know all the ins and outs of the virus.

I remember hearing that there was going to be a candy shortage for Halloween but it never happened around here. I feel like they keep hyping these shortages so people will panic buy.

My youngest just started reading Harry Potter but I think she is struggling a bit with it. I told her to finish it and then watch the first movie to better understand what she read. I’ve never read it or seen the movies but if she finishes the book then I’ll watch the movie with her.

My youngest has her Halloween party at school tomorrow starting at 8:30 which I volunteered to help with. I’m not a morning person so this should be fun. I always feel bad for the teachers this time of the year because the kids are so hyped up on sugar that it’s just a waste of time trying to get them to learn anything.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I had the Pfizer vaccine. I had no problems with either one except for a slightly sore arm. I know a few people that got the Mederna that ended up with side effects.

I have to admit I don't miss my kids not being in school anymore. I don't miss filling out the beginning of the year paperwork, I don't miss the Halloween parties or the Valentine's Day cards we had to do. However, I did see a little girl at the Halloween party last night dressed up in a gorgeous Ball costume. I do miss dressing my kids up when they were young because there were a couple of years I would dress my daughter up in these gorgeous long dresses and they looked so good on her.
Old 10-31-2022, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love having her with me. She's my favorite and it's fun to have a roommate again and I get to spoil her and do all the fun girly things that my friends don't have time for day to day because we're adults and we're tired.

She was like you never go out for dinner and i had to explain to her it's not that I don't plan to go out for dinner or even that I don't want to, I'm just totally in that phase of life where either me or my friends will cancel because the couch is just more appealing. I literally just set another dinner date with someone that we've canceled on twice and the third time we were supposed to go both of us just hoped he other wouldn't text to remind about it. This is why she's my friend.

I had a rough time with the second Moderna, a 101/102 fever for 24 hours. The booster didn't do anything to me so I'm tempted to just stick to Moderna. I did get a rash with the first two and my arm was really really swollen/hard to the touch for days, the first one for almost a week.

I'll wait a few weeks and get the booster I think. I'm just getting over the stomach issues which I think lingered after covid. Those are completely gone, I just ate like half a bag of salt and vinegar chips and all the almond joys left over from trick or treating.

Who is excited for The Crown? I know White Lotus is back too but I might wait to binge that.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Baby M did a last minute trick or treat with friends. He didn’t really have a costume. They didn’t decide to go until last last night. They had fun, that’s what counts.
I don’t miss the school parties.

OM said tonight, “I’m so glad I don’t have to stress about registering for classes tomorrow morning.” I almost cried. She really is done! There is no spring semester for her.
Her senior pics got canceled a few weeks ago…we are doing them next week. It’s all getting very very real!

How fun to have your cousin stay with you. I’d love to have my niece stay with me. I’m waaay more fun than her momma.

OM and I are watching Practical Magic. She swears she’s never seen it before. I’m certain she has though.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had a lot of trick or treaters last night. I almost ran out of candy and I had easily 175 pieces, granted I was giving out two or three pieces. I felt like there's been a turnover in the neighborhood over the last few years since Covid started with a lot of younger families. I actually, oddly enough, had one of my high school friend's husbands come by with their two little ones. I had no idea they'd moved into the neighborhood, I knew they'd moved back to the area from Columbus, but it was a surprise to see them.

I do hate that there's a little bit of a disconnect with my friends who are parents v. me who has no kids. I definitely obviously gravitate more to my kid-less friends. It feels very Sex & the City at the moment.

My cousin will be here at least through November. She's going to decide what she wants to do next semester, whether that's get an apartment up here or just stay with me. I have no problem with her staying, she's busy so it's not like she's out until 2 in the morning and dragging herself through the front door and waking me up. She's busy with school and clinicals.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Baby M had a test last week, another one today, and one tomorrow. It’s been a busy week.
He’s going hunting this weekend. It’s opening weekend. Daddy is going too. There aren’t going together. Daddy is actually coming our direction and I’m sending Baby M up past Dallas. Seems about par for the course.
OM is working on a project for her directing class, she’s filming it next week.

I found a turkey! I got it yesterday, so I’m happy that Thanksgiving is safe.

I missed watching Coco yesterday! I’m so sad. I think I can get it in tomorrow though. Tomorrow is also my anniversary, so all the emotions. I’ll be busy most of it, so no time to be sad. Or happy. Or whatever grief throws at me. I never know what to expect, so I go into with no expectations.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Halloween is just exhausting with all the festivities leading up to it then add in the classroom party, costume shopping and trick or treating and I’m just wiped out by it. For me, Halloween has just as many obligations or more as Christmas which is just ridiculous. I will be happy when we get to the stage in life where we can significantly scale back all the social events around any holiday.

I always set a few bowls of candy out while we go trick or treating and then the girls go through their bags to get rid of anything that they don’t want. I usually leave the bowl out on the porch until 9:30 for any stragglers but I forgot it was out there until I heard someone on my porch around 11:00. I looked on my ring camera and two young adults (not teenagers but early to mid 20’s) had ran up on the porch and dumped the remaining candy into a pillowcase then ran off. I guess they weren’t concerned about being on camera because they looked right at it and kept stealing. I was more mad that they were stealing off my porch not that they took candy nobody wanted. I’ve heard of neighbors having had this happened to them but this was a first for us.

Roommates can be fun especially if it’s short term and they respect your space and privacy.

Cancelling plans and staying home is underrated. I hate when my calendar starts to get full and I’m always fine with last minute cancellations.

I recorded White Lotus but haven’t watched it yet. I hope that it’s just as good as the first season.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've been picking at the candy for days and I'm tired of it already. I brought it into work today. I feel so gross eating all that sugar. I try not to buy stuff like that because I have no ability to stop myself from eating it if it's just lying around.

I don't have favorite cousins, but she's my favorite.

We're close and she's very mellow and mature for her age. Her friends aren't here they're all back home so it's not like she's going out like crazy but it's nice to have her to go to dinner with and binge watch stupid tv. I haven't really had a roommate since early covid when my best friend came and lived with me for like five months because she felt so isolated in Chicago by herself. I'm sure I'll have days where I just want to be alone but she's gone most weekends so I'll survive.

I told her I'm putting her to work for Thanksgiving, because she's usually here with her family for dinner but now she gets to help me set everything up.

Which, Thanksgiving is literally three weeks away. My dish washer is still not working. I'm tempted to use paper plates which feels sacrilegious but I'm not handwashing dishes for 25 people.

Crown is back tomorrow and I think that's my weekend plans. A friend of mine is also having surgery to repair a deviated septum so I told her I'd be on call if she needs anything.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread