Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2022, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

I didn't eat any candy on Halloween. I'm so proud of myself. However, leading up to Halloween was a pure **** show.

I have 4 cousins, 3 of which I haven't seen in about 40 years, SOOO I definitely have a favorite cousin. He'd be my favorite anyhow because he's awesome.

I didn't realize that the Crown is back tomorrow. YAY! I just found out about Shantaram and if anyone could get me to finally get Apple TV, it's Charlie Hunnam. I think I am going to drop ESPN+ and Disney+ My nephew will have a fit though because of all the Star Wars content.

Tonight the Eagles and the Phillies are both playing Houston... at the same time. I will be flipping back and forth.
Old 11-03-2022, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Shantaram, huh? Taylor talked about that project or his interest in it I believe way back when, maybe 2014-ish.

I'm pumped for The Crown. I have very few shows that I tune into right away but this is one of them. Nothing will ever compare to Claire Foy for me as The Queen but still excited. The actress playing Diana, Elizabeth, I've always liked her in different thing so I'm excited to see this portrayal.

I have six cousins and two step-cousins who I maybe only saw twice in my life growing up because they lived out in Oregon. One of them is actually in Cincinnati now and just had a baby and I've seen her quite a bit lately, we're pretty much the same age which is nice since otherwise, on my mom's side, I'm the oldest cousin by like six years.

I'm watching the Red Wings but flipping over to the World Series in between periods. Verlander, when he was with Detroit he was always so good in the playoffs, but he always had a hard time in the actual World Series, his ERA is like over 6 I think in world series games.
Old 11-05-2022, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

I knew I had heard of it before but couldn't remember when or where, must have been here.

My knee has been in a brace for over a week now because of my pulled quadricep. Last night, I was able to take Scoobs on a short walk. Feeling a bit better. However...

Two questions... lol
1. I have been getting severe feet, shin, and calf muscle spasm at night. How do I prevent that?

2. (totally random) How do you self clean an oven? Just hit the self clean button?
Old 11-05-2022, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Why did I think the Crown was this weekend. I'm all turned around. Oh well, next weekend something to look forward to.

I honestly haven't used the self cleaning feature on mine but I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do.

Are you having cramping or just spasms? Cramping could mean dehydration or low on potassium.

Sad to hear Aaron Carter died. I know he was pretty troubled.

It's so warm, I wonder if it will be a La Nina winter. I still have flowers that are alive outside. Though it is super windy today. This is the day I've been waiting for, to clear the rest of my lawn of leaves because they'll blow into my neighbors yard. Only my neighbors two doors down has a giant tree, like if I had to estimate it would be 70 to 80 feet tall and all the leaves from that are now in my yard, so, I lose.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-05-2022 at 01:28 PM
Old 11-05-2022, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

I will probably finish season 1 of Only Murders in the Building this weekend. I honestly didn't LOVE it. I enjoy the cast but it was meh for me. Is the 2nd season better?

I think I have spasms and cramps in my shins, feet, and calves. I used to get it a lot in my teens but really haven't in years. I'm definitely not dehydrated but maybe I need more potassium. I think taking more magnesium will help.

How did Aaron Carter die?

The weather is crazy. I had the air on today. I always have a rule... FLIP FLOPS UNTIL HALLOWEEN and usually it gets a little dicey. Not this year.
Old 11-05-2022, 08:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I just heard about Aaron Carter but honestly not shocked by his passing. He seemed to be very troubled and spiraling out of control.

Did anyone watch the Diane Sawyer interview last week with Matthew Perry? It was SO sad to hear him talk about his addiction struggles and good lord he looks awful.

A- I keep forgetting to tell you that Pottery Barn has a National Lampoons Xmas line this year with lots of Griswold items. I saw it advertised and immediately thought of you.

One week until Yellowstone premieres…Woo Hoo!!!!

Ki- have you ever tried Natural Vitality Calm? It comes in a powder or gummies but it’s a magnesium supplement that most people swear by when they are having trouble with cramps in their lower body. I know Target sells the gummies but you can probably find it almost anywhere.

We got about 2 inches of snow the other day but it’s melted already. We went from the 60’s-70’s to freezing in less than 24 hours.

Self cleaning ovens usually are just press a button and let the oven do its thing.
Old 11-05-2022, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

I saw the Matthew Perry interview. I actually thought he was slurring and seemed high! lol But it is sad that he had such an addiction for so long. I remember his appearance changing so drastically from season to season. I knew something had to be wrong.

I have really good magnesium supplements that I should be taking twice a day, but I don't. It's such a commitment! haha But I need to get in the routine again.

I watched Hocus Pocus today for the first time. I loved little Thora Birch, she was so cute. She actually directed and starred in the Gabby Petit story on Hallmark (I think) a few months ago. Hocus Pocus was REALLY bad but I am sure my 10 year old self would have loved it. Now I can watch the new one.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I saw the Matthew Perry interview. I actually thought he was slurring and seemed high! lol But it is sad that he had such an addiction for so long. I remember his appearance changing so drastically from season to season. I knew something had to be wrong.

I have really good magnesium supplements that I should be taking twice a day, but I don't. It's such a commitment! haha But I need to get in the routine again.

I watched Hocus Pocus today for the first time. I loved little Thora Birch, she was so cute. She actually directed and starred in the Gabby Petit story on Hallmark (I think) a few months ago. Hocus Pocus was REALLY bad but I am sure my 10 year old self would have loved it. Now I can watch the new one.
I didn't see the Matthew Perry interview. I knew he struggled with pain pill addiction way back due to an injury (back I believe). I saw him lose a whole bunch of weight during Friends and knew something was going on. If it's on Youtube, maybe I'll check it out.

I lost both my sister and brother in August of this year a week and 2 days apart from each other so I was drinking more wine than usual and it seemed when I drank it, I was getting lower leg cramps in the morning. Some of them weren't just calf, they were on the outside of my lower legs so it was hard to walk off. I looked into it and I've been taking daily potassium and magnesium supplements. They've helped a lot, not to mention I've quit drinking so much wine.

I liked the original Hocus Pocus. My daughter loves it. It's one of her favorite Halloween movies. We watched the new one, but by niece wanted to watch it with a projector on a big sheet because there were a lot of us watching it so the picture quality wasn't that great. I have to say I wasn't impressed with the new one. I thought the movie didn't own up to the hype surrounding it. But that's just my opinion.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your sister and brother at the same time. I'm sure that was very difficult.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m so sorry for your loss Gabby. I can’t imagine how incredibly painful and hard that would be.

It was so uncomfortable watching Mathew Perry’s interview because he just looks so unwell. His speech was very slow and he just seemed “off”. He was brilliant as Chandler and to see him now is just heartbreaking. I’m glad he’s in recovering but his addiction came at such a high cost to his health and career.

I slept so good last night with the time change. I liked waking up to sunlight but the trade off is it gets dark sooner. My days are already busy enough that the sun setting around 5:00 means I need to walk the dogs sooner than usual.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

It's official. There is no way in hell that I am going to be watching Dahmer. N&N put the preview/trailer on for their mother and I couldn't even handle that. Had to leave the room.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Y'all!!!

I feel like I've been gone for days, and I have been. I didn't mean to be, but that's the reality I was dealt. I cannot begin to explain the chaos. I can...but I'll wait until tomorrow when I am not so tired. These next few weeks are going to fly by and the minions have sooooo much to do before Thanksgiving! Especially OM. She has to film a project Tuesday and has recruited me to be on set as craft service from 7-midnight. Please please please send all the good vibes that it does NOT take that long!!!

Aaron Carter...not exactly sure who he is. I've certainly heard the name. I saw he was found in his bathtub which immediately says drug overdose or suicide to me. I read he struggled with his mental health, so either could be the cause of death. So sad. I hate to see struggle like that.

Speaking of struggling...Matthew Perry has looked bad for awhile. I haven't seen the interview, but planned to watch it. I think it's only Hulu. I saw it on some social media, Hulu makes sense. It's so hard to watch what addiction does to someone's body, life, career, etc.

YAY for the time change! I like having my extra hour. I DO NOT want to change back or change time every again! I am sooo over it. We were driving at 6:30, pitch black...it seems like midnight. I don't appreciate that.

The weather has been CRAZY the past few days!! SO many tornadoes in Texas on Friday!!! Baby M was very close to one in Paris, TX. A tornado is never not scary, no matter how long you live here. It's currently 70 in ATX and it feels like 80+. Beyond humid. It's just gross.

Oh! Gabby. I am so sad to hear about your siblings. That's a lot to process in a such a short time.

I saw the Pottery Barn collection!! Sooooo cute!!

I told y'all Hocus Pocus 2 isn't worth watching...you've been warned.

The cramps could be potassium or magnesium related. It could also be strain from using different muscles since you injured your knee. If you changed the way you are walking or how your weight is distributed, you could be affecting other muscles.

I am so ready for Yellowstone! Except...I like to binge. So I will probably wait and watch several episodes at once.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you all for your condolences. Yes, the time since has been tough knowing I am the only one left in my immediate family. Thankful for my married family. They have been my rock.

R- I'm glad you agree with me about the new HP movie.

The weather here has been so up and down. Unseasonably warm for this time of year. I don't like it. It should be colder. So many people getting sick and the Covid numbers are rising again even though it's not the same virus it was 2-3 yrs ago. But we are seeing longer term affects of it such as prolonged shortness of breath and recurrence.

I am a believer of climate change. It's right under our noses and the scientific facts have been around since the 70's. I truly am afraid for our grandchildren and future generations.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am sooo sooo tired! Is it thanksgiving yet?
Old 11-08-2022, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It does not need to be Thanksgiving yet. I have too much to do.

I hope everyone went out and voted today if they didn't do early voting or absentee! I tried to go before work and it was out the door so went back around lunchtime and got it done. We have a big Prop up here for women's reproductive rights. I'm going to be too nervous to watch the returns tonight.

I saw the Pottery Barn Christmas Vacation line and actually bought the Griswold pillow, because, my dog, seeing as he's named after the Griswolds. But I do kind of want the sheet set for our cottage up north too.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-08-2022 at 12:10 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread