Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2022, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

If it makes you feel any better, Michigan State women's soccer is doing really well. Better than I've ever known them to. They haven't played Rutgers yet, but right now they are tied for first place in the Big Ten.

I need boots similar to those, but I wouldn't pay $130. Geez. My rule is flip flops until Halloween. Sometimes it's hard to do, but so far this year, no issue. I actually have a pair of two strap sandals that I wear literally every day. They fit so well and I am on my feet all day.
Old 10-13-2022, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't remember them being $129. I want to say in store they were $110 and then DSW was running a $60 off anything over $199 and I was over 200 so it ended up working out okay. I'm wearing them today, they are super comfy. I'll pay that amount if I know I'm going to get use out of them, these I can tell will be my go to boot this fall for sure.

I too usually ride it out with the flip flops for as long as I can but it got too chilly, and once I get into boot mode it's hard to get back to flip flop mode.

The leaves are really starting to pop here and it's finally feeling like fall. This is when I become my most basic self and want to go to the cider mills and pumpkin patches and wear hats and vests.

My cousin is running her first marathon this weekend so I decided to go and support her. She did the half last year but this is her first full.

I did not know that about MSU soccer. I know they're always okay but never top tier. I played with a few girls in high school who went on to go on to play at Michigan State.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I woke up to an almost flat tire this morning which is always fun. This is the second time this has happened to me, a nail in the tire that is too close to the wheel well that they can't patch it and I have to buy a completely new tire. I hate it here.

I had the most random encounter last night. I LOVED this season of Big Brother and went out for drinks with a friend last night after work and the winner of this years Big Brother walked in, Taylor and Tiffany from last season was with her. The bar we were at was pretty small and I didn't want to bother them but just congratulated her on our way out. She is so beautiful in person. I have a slight regret I didn't get a picture with her. I knew she lived not far from me and frequented similar spots but didn't expect to run into her so easily like that.

Hockey is finally back and I'm going to opening night tonight! I need the Red Wings to be good this year to save me from my sports misery.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hope the hockey game was good!
The minions and I went to the local symphony. They did a program of movie scores. It was really nice.
Old 10-15-2022, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

I am in such a sports coma right now. Football/postseason baseball/USA & Rutgers soccer, it's been crazy. My brother and nephew are at the Phillies game right now. We are two outs away from going to the NLCS final. I was out all day watching from my phone and I just walked in. I should have gone to my fathers to watch the end with him.

I didn't watch Big Brother this year, but I remember Tiffany. She was a lot.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My in-laws are coming to visit next month. This kicked the minions into high gear! Yes! My house is getting Kayla clean!!!
Old 10-16-2022, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Michigan State upset Wisconsin in overtime but I was not paying any attention to it of course so missed out on all that fun.

The Red Wings did win! The first few periods were scoreless, but first game of the year so sometimes they're slow to start, but it was a good game.

I drove down to Columbus yesterday to cheer on my cousin in the marathon today. She did so well, I could never. I'm just not a runner. Or not a long distance runner. I actually kind of wish I would have found a love for running when I played soccer. But running was always a punishment, I hated doing suicides and just laps around the field, but that was obviously when I was in my best physical shape and I couldn't even do long distance then. My body just isn't that of a long distance runner, I'm too bottom heavy.

I finally put Netflix on and started The Watcher and what a trash show. I'm actually surprised because it could have been done so differently and just better. It's a Ryan Murphy production so it has a little bit of AHS feel to it but it just didn't fit this genre of true crime. It's a true story and it's almost camp at times. The dialogue is cringeworthy and you have Naomi Watts as the lead...what a mess. Didn't stop me from watching like four episodes though.
Old 10-16-2022, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

I hear the Flyers are 2-0. I like hockey but I don't really follow it. Maybe I should start. I used to date a hockey coach and I actually think that the rink he used to coach in never reoopened after Covid. I drive by it often and there is never anyone there. It's a shame because it was so new... and nice.

I'm watching Truth Be Told about corruption in the NWSL. If I would change careers, I think I would do something with women's rights. This **** burns me up.

I have a few friends in town right now. Jon Bon Jovi did his annual chili cook-off fundraiser at his restaurant today but I actually didn't go. It was too insane last time. It's no fun when you have to push and shove to get to him. But they all said it was fine and got good pictures with him... now I am mad that I didn't go. But honestly, I have so much to do around the house and for school but of course I am not doing it. haha I still have football to watch tonight and NWSL playoffs start tonight.

Beautiful weather though. My father and I went to the Rutgers/Wisconsin soccer game. Now I just want to lay on the couch.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

The girls just had off the last 5 days & I didn’t get half the stuff done that I needed to. So many people we know took the opportunity to get out of town but with all the school commitments and finding care for the pets I didn’t have the energy for pulling a getaway together. The thought of being in my own space sounded much more relaxing to me.

I’m not usually a procrastinator but my book club is this week & I didn’t start the book until last night The book isn’t really the problem it’s finding uninterrupted time to read that is the bigger issue. I swear my family can sense when I sit down, relax and have a moment to myself because they find some reason to disturb me. I’m halfway through and should finish it in enough time but it always stresses me that I may not finish it before we meet. I feel like it’s rude to the hostess to not read their book unless you have a valid excuse.

My youngest has the build of a runner. She’s tall and super skinny with zero body fat. I always hated running and my problem is that I’m top heavy in the chest.

I’ve seen promo for The Watcher but didn’t realize Ryan Murphy was involved. AHS has a new season premiering this week on FX & I still haven’t finished watching last season because it scared the crap out of me.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

My bookclub NEVER picks the books I suggest. It pisses me off so now I only read the ones that are of interest of me. I read every night before I go to bed. I put my phone on the other side of the room to charge so I am not tempted to look at it. I usually fall asleep pretty fast lately at least. I started rereading the Harry Potter series. I am on book 3 right now. But my book club just picked a new book that actually sounds good. It's called The Flight Girls about 3 WWII female pilots.

My niece and nephew are both built like your daughter.. long and lanky and both of them were/are fast as hell. They didn't get it from my brothers side of the family. We were both athletes in high school and college but speed was not our specialty. Strength more so. I HATED running, still do, plus my knees are so bad now.

Eagles just beat Dallas. We are 6-0 now. Phillies in the conference final. A good week to be a Philly fan. Hope it all doesn't go in the pooper. Now to watch the second half of the San Diego Wave game.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Vikings won, so that makes me happy.
UT won this weekend, so that makes OM happy.
Cowboys lost, so Baby M is grumpy.
He’s also in a heap of trouble so he might be continue to be grumpy.

OM did homework most of the weekend. Baby M had a test Friday. Not sure what his week looks like. OM only has one class tomorrow. So, yay! Baby M has a full day.

It’s pouring here right now. The cold front is here! It’ll be a high of 67 tomorrow. Back up into the mid 80s by the end of the week. I’ll enjoy it while it’s here. Chili for dinner tomorrow night. A t

I took a trunkful to Goodwill this afternoon. I love clearing things out! We have been shampooing the living room carpet in stages. I loathe the carpet in our house. I would have put in a luxury vinyl that looks like wood and been done with it. The carpet is the cheapest of cheap and impossible to keep clean. It looks awful 100% of the time. It’ll have to be replaced when we move, not bc we’ve neglected it, but bc it’s cheap and cannot come perfectly clean. We have one area, high traffic, we’ve been over 4 times with the shampooer. It’s much better, but it’s not as good as I’d like it. Anyway, tomorrow evening we will do another area. It’s easier to let it dry overnight while no one is walking in it. The area in the entry will be bad too.

Parker only has one week left of no activity. She’s been a good girl, for the most part. She’s ready for a nice long walk. Me too Parks, me too.

It’s supposed to rain into tomorrow, so no painting. If it’s dry on Tuesday, they will be back at it.

Also, we watched the new Hulu movie, Rosaline. It’s a twist on Romeo and Juliet. It was clever and funny. We all enjoyed it.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 10-16-2022 at 10:47 PM
Old 10-17-2022, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's supposed to snow here tomorrow so that's great. I mean not snow snow, but rain/snow mix. I'm fully embracing boots and sweater weather.

I have no motivation today, I want to dip out of work and go shopping.

I think The Lions play The Cowboys this week, Lions probably going to get stomped.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
It's supposed to snow here tomorrow so that's great. I mean not snow snow, but rain/snow mix. I'm fully embracing boots and sweater weather.

I have no motivation today, I want to dip out of work and go shopping.

I think The Lions play The Cowboys this week, Lions probably going to get stomped.
It started raining last night and the cold front moved in. It rainy and 60 right now. Chili is on the menu for tonight. I am sooo loving this!
Old 10-19-2022, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's been raining for like three days, but not heavy rain, just off and on spitting and really windy and cold. I think the high today won't get out of the 40s but we're supposed to be back in the 70s this weekend. Warm enough for me to pull the last of the flowers, put the hoses away and do other yard work without freezing my butt off.

I'm trying to hold off on buying Halloween candy as long as I can so I don't have it in the house. My appetite is now completely back to normal and I want to go back to when I didn't crave anything.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I got two days of fall. This morning was nice, in the 50s, but it got to 85 today. When we came out of the movies at 7, it was already cooler. I can't REALLY claim that as fall though. I made my chili and a fresh apple cake. I still need to make pumpkin bread, that's always a fall recipe for me.

OMG! Speaking of recipes... I am obsessed with Preppy Kitchen by John Kanell. Have I said that already? His cookbook is fantastic!
Also, I've been watching Magnolia Table with Joanna Gaines. She's so unfussy, and I love it. I have both of her cookbook also.
BUT the best new thing I've been watching is a show on HBO Max called for the love of kitchens. It follows a company called DeVOL, they are in the UK and make kitchens. Just kitchens. The most glorious, divine, and beautiful kitchens. I.AM.OBESSED! Sadly, there are only 8 episodes. They are gorgeous! I NEED more of this in my life.

We just saw Ticket to Paradise with George Clooney and Julia Roberts. It was cute. The trailer lived up to the movie, and we got exactly what we were expecting.

The painters are done and the house looks very nice. Project shampoo the carpets is taking longer than it should have.

Oh! Parker is done with her meds as of today and can start going on walks again. She got out of her crate yesterday. How?!? I have zero clues.