Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2022, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Been a rough week. My co-teacher's father just went on hospice today. He went in two weeks ago for a heart procedure and hasn't woken up. There's more to it but ugh... so sad. Then on top of that, another colleagues niece had a baby Thursday night. He was born with heart and lung issues, which they knew, but he is going to need a heart transplant.

I visited one of my best friends and her family tonight for dinner. They are the most Italian family I have ever known and they had never been to Italy until recently, so I went to hear about her trip, plus she is helping write a grant for school. Anyhow.. Did any of you see the movie Unorthodox on Netflix? Everyone was talking about it and I watched it probably about a year ago. I found out tonight that my friend went to college with the girl who wrote the memoir, and was friends with her. Small world.

I am taking my father to the girls high school soccer county final tomorrow. My niece's senior year they won the counties and haven't since. That was 2017. They are in the final again this year. I think they were in it last year too but didn't win. My dad is missing sports now that the kids are grown. We don't know a damn soul on the team though.. lol. I actually know a few of the parents of some of the kids but not really well. There is a girl on the other team who is on the US U17 National Team but they are in India for the World Cup right now. Good for us.

Other than that, I have some school work and house cleaning.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A childhood friend died today. He was my friend’s little brother. He went to school with my sister. Absolutely the sweetest human on the planet. He’s been battling brain cancer for quite some time. He has three kids, all under 8. I’ve been gutted all day.

Kiki, I’m sorry about your co-worker’s dad. Death sucks. I’m over it, let’s all live forever.

We have plans to see Black Adam this weekend. OM’s BFF and husband hated it. They walked out before it was over, that’s how bad they said it was. We’ll see, I guess.

Project shampoo the living room carpet has one one day until completion. We put part of the furniture back this evening. We need to get the entry part done.

Oh! Y’all will love this, especially you Kiki. OM had a meeting with her professor about a paper she’s writing. He is happy with her research, idea, etc. His one criticism…he wants her to be more pretentious. His exact words. I told her to pull out her thesaurus.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have heard so little about Black Adam. I'm actually shocked, especially because it's The Rock and his movies are usually promoted to death. Unless I'm just not watching the right things to catch the commercials.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. There's just nothing to say about cancer in general, but brain cancer is so so cruel.

Trying to soak up the weather over these next few days. It's back up into the 70s and I guarantee that's the last time we'll see that until next spring.

One of my offices is getting all new carpet, being painted, etc. and it was dropped on me late last week that I would have to have everything packed up and ready to move by the end of Friday. So I spent all day Friday boxing up files, cleaning out desk drawers and moving everything into one office while they do everywhere else. I hate it! I hate moving myself let alone all my work stuff. Luckily it was at my secondary office so it wasn't everything but it still took a full day.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So... Black Adam wasn't soooo bad one needed to walk out. Dramatic? I think yes. OM's BFf and hubby are big Marvel fans, so maybe they just didn't appreciate DC? I dunno. It wasn't awful. We didn't not like it. It has flaws. They spend a lot of time of several different origin stories and the movie is much too long. The superheroes are not well known. I say that, perhaps DC fans are more familiar. They are part of the Justice Society, which predates the Justice League and any supers more well known. However, the movie is set in current time, so that's a timeline issue. It does set up for a second movie. The Rock was a producer on this. He's part of the PGA, so not just a producer in name.

We saw Triangle of Sadness yesterday...what was worth of a walk out. We stayed, although we aren't sure why. We were very disappointed.

We've thought more about Amsterdam. We were just not in the right head space for that movie. We weren't expecting something so cerebral. I think we could give it a go again and appreciate it.

My living room carpet is 95% done. We've moved furniture and tidied the area quite a bit. We still need to shampoo one small spot, but it's not happening tonight. Hopefully, I can get it done tomorrow.

I need to shift back to my photo project and get it off the kitchen table.
My crafting space is good for now, and I've actually been using it!!
My office space got cleaned up and rearranged too. That makes my heart happy. The kitties have a proper space now.
Old 10-24-2022, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I finally went and checked out my car situation at the dealer today. I'm about to go over miles and I just have to buy out the lease. I can't keep my miles down enough for me to make it viable to lease anymore. I pay under $300 a month right now and maybe put a couple thousand down, if I got a new lease now it would be over $400 a month and three thousand down. It's outrageous.

Have you guys ever had cotton candy grapes? I bought like the perfect grapes over the weekend, they were so good and my friend insisted they were cotton candy grapes, which I had no idea was a thing. But they weren't identified anywhere that they were cotton candy grapes so I don't think they were.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Today is only Tuesday. It feels like a Friday...my week has already been that long.

Yesterday Baby M and I went to pick OM up from class. He went with me bc dinner got totally messed up and we had to scrap it. We needed to grab something after we got her. While waiting for our food, the radio did one of those emergency broadcast things...for real, not a test. Tornado was heading our way. I mean, it was in our county. Close enough. We started driving home...the radio lost all signals. It was just silence. This was not a good sign. We drove right through the middle of this awful storm. It was a little scary. You couldn't see ANYTHING. As we were approaching our neighborhood I got a text saying our power had been restored. A. didn't know it was out. B. no it wasn't. It didn't get restored until 4AM.

I actually took a nap this afternoon. I was that tired.

A, it sounds like buying out your lease is the best option right now.

Costco gets cotton candy grapes. Usually, in the spring I think. They are super sweet.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Then these grapes were not cotton candy grapes, they just tasted like normal grapes but were perfect.

I can't believe Halloween is Monday. I know this is the last year of daylight savings but I'm struggling in the morning right now with how dark it is. I need that fall back.

What does help is that I have a maple tree in my backyard that backs up to my bedroom and on sunny days for about 1-2 weeks when the colors are changing the sun hitting that maple tree's yellow leaves just gives this glow and illuminates my room. It's my favorite thing. But when I was out there this morning with Griz the leaves are mostly fallen now, so I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:42 PM
Passionate Fan

They sell cotton candy grapes here but only certain times of the year. Usually the package is labeled with the name but I haven’t seen them in awhile. I hear they are very good.

It’s supposed to snow here in the morning….ughhh!!! I don’t think it will be more than a dusting but just enough to be a nuisance for school in the morning. Good thing I bought Pippa a winter coat today.

I hate waking up to a dark house but I also hate it getting dark around 5:00. I love fall but it really is a struggle with how little daylight we get this time of year.

Our neighborhood is just stunning right now with all the leaves and I love that we actually got to experience the season for more than a week.

K- I’m glad to hear that you and the minions are alright. Tornadoes are terrifying and unpredictable and just reading about your scare gave me goosebumps. Also, so very sorry to hear about your friends passing.

Ki- sorry about your coworkers father & baby. It sure does feel like bad things happen in multiples to good people.

The oldest & I saw Ticket to Paradise the other day and it was a cute movie. Not too long & George Clooney/ Julia Roberts were a great pairing.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Wait… daylight savings is going away? For real? I didn’t know about this!

Ticket to Paradise was cute! George and Julia are good together.

Y’all. Remember my friend who died in August? His wife died yesterday. I found out this morning. I feel for their kids! I am sooooo over cancer! That is all. Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk.

We just have dead brown leaves, never many beautiful colors.
It was 80 today, but our mornings are really nice. If Colorado is getting snow, we should at least be getting cooler temps with that. Yay!

I don’t like the early dark evenings either. I would love fall temps and summer daylight. Is that too much to ask?
Old 10-27-2022, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

I never even heard of Black Adam. My friends and I were planning to see Amsterdam next weekend if it's still playing anywhere.

I need to have my couch and chair upholstery cleaned. I really would like to get a new set altogether but I can wait awhile on that. I still haven't gotten a new bed yet. I took my king size bed apart and am literally sleeping on the mattress on the floor. I have been sleeping sooo good! But I need to get a new bed at some point.

My car is a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. It's got 183,000 miles on it. I am determined to get to 200,000 before I even think about getting a new car.

I LOVE cotton candy grapes. They are expensive though.

Halloween is a teacher's worst nightmare.

The colors of the leaves are so gorgeous. I don't ever remember them looking like this in years passed.

I had a rough week. My co-teachers father passed away so she's been out all week. Of course no substitute for her because it's impossible to find substitutes now a days. I twisted my knee climbing bleachers at the soccer game on Saturday and have been in terrible pain. Finally went to the doctor yesterday.. pulled quadricep. I am on an anti-inflammatory and a knee brace so I'm finally feeling a little better. ANDDDD on Saturday I started not feeling great. I tested for covid which was negative. At the doctor yesterday he did another covid test plus flu test and rsv. All negative. So he put me on Zpack anyhow. I coughed so bad today at school that my students were terrified for me.

Have you heard of the movie the Good Nurse? I remember hearing about it, but I didn't know that it took place mostly right here at "my" hospital where I have had multiple surgeries and procedures. N & N were both born there. My father had surgeries there. Terrifying. Between that and the Watcher I'm thinking of moving! Speaking of my father, yesterday, he was diagnosed with a very severe form of arthritis. I forget what it's called but I feel bad for him. It's hard for him to move and he was always so athletic and active.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It’s a DC character and The Rock has been wanting to play him for over 15 years. The studios have offered him so many other superhero roles, and he’s said no. He’s a producer on this.

Let me know what you think of Amsterdam.

My car has 185,000 miles. It’s going strong! It’s a 2009!

The kids are wound up all day, the day of and crazy on sugar the day after. There’s no winning, unless Halloween falls on Friday or Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I never even heard of Black Adam. My friends and I were planning to see Amsterdam next weekend if it's still playing anywhere.

I need to have my couch and chair upholstery cleaned. I really would like to get a new set altogether but I can wait awhile on that. I still haven't gotten a new bed yet. I took my king size bed apart and am literally sleeping on the mattress on the floor. I have been sleeping sooo good! But I need to get a new bed at some point.

My car is a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. It's got 183,000 miles on it. I am determined to get to 200,000 before I even think about getting a new car.

I LOVE cotton candy grapes. They are expensive though.

Halloween is a teacher's worst nightmare.

The colors of the leaves are so gorgeous. I don't ever remember them looking like this in years passed.

I had a rough week. My co-teachers father passed away so she's been out all week. Of course no substitute for her because it's impossible to find substitutes now a days. I twisted my knee climbing bleachers at the soccer game on Saturday and have been in terrible pain. Finally went to the doctor yesterday.. pulled quadricep. I am on an anti-inflammatory and a knee brace so I'm finally feeling a little better. ANDDDD on Saturday I started not feeling great. I tested for covid which was negative. At the doctor yesterday he did another covid test plus flu test and rsv. All negative. So he put me on Zpack anyhow. I coughed so bad today at school that my students were terrified for me.

Have you heard of the movie the Good Nurse? I remember hearing about it, but I didn't know that it took place mostly right here at "my" hospital where I have had multiple surgeries and procedures. N & N were both born there. My father had surgeries there. Terrifying. Between that and the Watcher I'm thinking of moving! Speaking of my father, yesterday, he was diagnosed with a very severe form of arthritis. I forget what it's called but I feel bad for him. It's hard for him to move and he was always so athletic and active.
I’m sorry to hear about your coworker’s dad.
I hate that your sick again. I’ve heard that there’s a lot going around right now.
Does your dad have rheumatoid arthritis?
Old 10-27-2022, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Does your dad have rheumatoid arthritis?
No, it starts with an s...

**not even close... lol It's psoriatic arthritis.
Old 10-27-2022, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
No, it starts with an s...

**not even close... lol It's psoriatic arthritis.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I just saw a preview for the Good Nurse on Netflix right? With Jessica Chastain.

I'm down with the sickness too. It was only a matter of time. People have been coughing and hacking all over my office, all covid negative, just some type of upper respiratory thing. I'm not coughing much but have a head cold, tested for covid for the past few days and keep coming back negative so I'm just at work and masked up but I'm exhausted.

I was going to go and get my flu shot today but now I'm putting it off until I get better. Has anyone gotten their second covid booster? I'm on the fence about it. My doctor told me to wait a few months post covid to get it. Regardless I'll get my flu shot first.

Never fails that I make a big purchase from Sephora and then days later they end up doing their big sale. I literally had my order delivered Wednesday and today my order would have been 20% off. I'm guilty of always doing a bulk buy of things because I hold off until I'm low on everything.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I just saw a preview for the Good Nurse on Netflix right? With Jessica Chastain.

I'm down with the sickness too. It was only a matter of time. People have been coughing and hacking all over my office, all covid negative, just some type of upper respiratory thing. I'm not coughing much but have a head cold, tested for covid for the past few days and keep coming back negative so I'm just at work and masked up but I'm exhausted.

I was going to go and get my flu shot today but now I'm putting it off until I get better. Has anyone gotten their second covid booster? I'm on the fence about it. My doctor told me to wait a few months post covid to get it. Regardless I'll get my flu shot first.

Never fails that I make a big purchase from Sephora and then days later they end up doing their big sale. I literally had my order delivered Wednesday and today my order would have been 20% off. I'm guilty of always doing a bulk buy of things because I hold off until I'm low on everything.
Is it worth returning it to the store then repurchasing? Or will they match the price?

I read an article the other day that said Pfizer released a study that said you are more likely to get the vid if you are vaxxed….so I don’t know. Also, the CDC just added the vaccine to the schedule for children, so I really don’t know. I think it’s what you feel most comfortable doing.

I would definitely wait on flu shot until you feel better.