Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2021, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's my thing. I feel like we're all going to get this variant, so it's just a matter of when and I'd rather get it over and done with now rather than worry about it in two months when I HAVE to be negative to go on vacation.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I just watched The Family Stone for the first time last night & it was pretty good. Not sure that I would watch it again because of the ending but the cast was really good. Our Xmas go to movies are Christmas Vacation, Elf, Christmas Story, White Christmas, Home Alone, Gremlins and The Grinch. There are just certain movies that you watch during the holidays that just become part of your traditions.

If you’re testing negative multiple times but still feeling crappy it could just be a cold. I know with the current state of things that what we would normally perceive to be just a cold now we immediately assume COVID. I feel like we’ve forgotten that other things still exist because COVID is just so front and center. My youngest was feeling icky last week and her test came back negative so if we went out anywhere last week she wore a surgical mask & I kept her out of close contact spaces. I also carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere because the last few years have made me a germaphobe. You’re both being responsible with testing & masking and you just have to do the best you can with the circumstances given. It’s also SO confusing with the guidelines changing daily. I’m dreading the girls going back to school next week with this variant spreading like wildfire. If we manage to avoid it before then that will be a miracle but if not that will be a very high exposure for our family.

I have done absolutely nothing today too & it felt great. Tomorrow, I have to be slightly more productive and not looking forward to that. My lazy gene is so strong that I might even do a order pick up for groceries this week.
Old 12-26-2021, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I so wanted to be a couch potato today, but alas, no. I was driving. And got stuck in major traffic twice. The first time it took over an hour to go 6 miles. For the love! The second time, I was able to exit and avoid about 20 minutes of slow down.

I don’t usually say I’m out of town while I am. I now home and can say I was in Dallas for the past 9 days. I am so so glad I went, I was a huge help to my parents, which was the reason I went. Mom’s recovery from her surgery has been a bit slow. She was supposed to get 14 days of in home PT, and they came out TWICE! I got out patient PT set up, she went once last week and has appointments for twice a week for the next 8 weeks. I did laundry, cleaned, and cooked each night. Sidenote, my mom is a terrible cook. Daddy was so appreciative. She was appreciative. My sister was appreciative. I should have gone sooner. I’m glad I was able to help.
The minions drove up Thursday. They completely enjoyed their time alone. They even cleaned my house! I am thrilled! Merry Christmas to me!
OM stayed in Dallas. She’s seeing friends this week, I’ll meet Daddy at some point this week to get her. Mom has PT and doctor’s appointments, so I’m not sure exactly when yet. Baby M and I drove home today.

Christmas drama…my aunt DID plan to show up at my sister’s house. My mom told her to not come. My sister said it was okay. I said it was not and so did my kids. We flat out said we would not attend. This was a big deal bc Christmas Day brunch is just our immediate family: my parents, my sister’s family, and us. My mom was really upset her sister even thought coming was okay and I was really surprised my sister was okay with it. After a long conversation about it between my mom, me, and the kids I took the hit and called my aunt. I told her no one was comfortable with her attending, so she aid she would stay home. She did. It was all fine. After the fact, my BIL a told my mom he and my sister were glad she didn’t come, they hadn’t wanted her there sick! Hello! That’s what we all said. I love my aunt but no one wanted to get her germs (even if they really are just sinus infection germs). I mean, her brother said you can’t come here and you don’t need to be on a plane…why wouldn’t you just stay home?!?

Kiki, I have a friend from HS who saw Christmas Vacation for the first time last year…she hated it and couldn’t finish it. I dunno. Maybe you have to start young? I LOVE it and so do the minions. My mom had never seen A Christmas Story until last week. She didn’t like it.

We usually watch elf, Christmas vacation, a Christmas story, Christmas with the Kranks. Santa clause, Santa clause 2, home alone, die hard, white Christmas, jingle all the way, miracle on 34th street, Grinch…as many as we can manage! We like Christmas chronicles too. That’s a newer one.
My mom loves all the Hallmark movies. OM and I and we were going to write a Hallmark movie this year. We did start one, but didn’t get it finished. We need to do that before she goes back to school.

If ordering groceries curbside is lazy, I don’t want to be anything but! I do not like going into the store and I save soooo much time ordering for pickup!

I got a BBW ad on IG, 75% off candles right now.

I do not like that the eagles won and we lost. Baby M is watching the Cowboys take Washington to the cleaners.

I’m looking forward to a pretty quiet week. I need to organize some stuff for Baby M’s classes next semester. I am finally going to SERIOUSLY tackle my photo situation. I’m going to organize them so I can scan them more efficiently. I’m sure I have doubles, and no reason to scan them twice. Some will be too big. I need to decide what to do with those. Everything else is going digital, and physical copies will be thrown away. I have to get my office under control. It’s a it easier to work in there when you can access everything and actually stand in there.
I always take some time this week to reflect on the year and write some goals. I usually do a burning bowl ceremony too. We write down what wasn’t great or good or positive or a behavior we want to change and make better from the past year and burn it! We let it go and focus on the new year and what we want to accomplish going forward.

Baby M has promised I can sleep in tomorrow. I love him, he’s my favorite.
Old 12-27-2021, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Glad you had fun in Dallas. I actually almost ended up in Dallas this weekend. My friends son who is on staff with Louisville football is there for a bowl game. His mom and I were going to fly out so she could be with him for Christmas and then go to the bowl game. Plane tickets were $500 so we didn't do it. Good thing because I wouldn't have been able to go anyhow.

My sickness is definitely not a cold. I am coughing up a lung. I just hope it doesn't get worse because I really don't want to go to the doctor. It's a jungle out there. My primary is a walkup and the line is around the block. I love my doctor, I could go somewhere else but I really don't want to leave the group. But now that Covid is here to stay, I may have to.

I couldn't get through Princess Bride either.

A favorite movie from my childhood is Emmett Otters Jugband Christmas. I keep meaning to buy it so I have it. Most of the kids have never seen it. Christmas Story is a big one for me.

I need to get into a routine of ordering groceries. When I get ready to order, my cupboards are bare and I can't wait a day or two to have them delivered

I'm watching Being the Riccardos. It's good so far. I don't like that Javier Bardem didn't try to look more like Desi Arnez. He could have lost some weight at least. He looks nothing like him. I don't think he was the best choice for this role. Nicole Kidman is amazing though.

I'm still figuring out who is covering what with my house remodel stuff. My insurance is making me jump through hoops. It's annoying.
Old 12-27-2021, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If it is covid buy a pulse oximeter and keep track of that and make sure it stays above 90%, if it drops below that get yourself to an ER. This is the only advice my ICU nurse family members have given us all.

I hope you feel better, does sound like it might be covid but could be the flu too.

I drove by a drive thru testing spot today which used to be just one or two cars and now was backed up almost a mile. I think a lot of it too is that people need tests to go on vacation if they're going out of the country and so many places are overrun.

Christmas Vacation was always the movie we watched growing up, right after Thanksgiving dinner it's either Christmas Vacation or Elf. I like Home Alone but not a favorite. I do actually really like The Family Stone now too, though it is depressing.

Glad you had fun in Dallas! I'm sure the kitties are happy to see you.

We got snow this morning and that was pretty much enough for me to say not fighting that and I'm working from home today, probably for the best after being potentially exposed over the weekend anyway.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

I slept for a few hours this afternoon and woke up feeling a little better. Still coughing but a little better. I am prone to bronchitis so I will keep an eye on that. I'm also taking zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can order and pick up groceries the same day, most of the time.

You don’t like The Princess Bride?!? How.is.that.possible? Inconceivable!

Kiki, it sucks you are still sick. Upper respiratory is the worst. Do you have a nebulizer? I’m a fan of using colloidal silver in the nebulizer. It knocks an infection out FAST!

The minions brought Bevo with them. He was so happy to see me! He’s still on kitten food, and the big cats will eat it if we try to leave it out. He doesn’t like staying in one room though. Also, he doesn’t like the dog. It’s Sophie’s choice for kitty.

I watched Being the Ricardos. I didn’t love it. I didn’t hate it, either. I loved the iconic scenes the recreated. I didn’t love the weird faux documentary style about it. I agree about the actor who plays Desi. I can’t see Nicole as Lucy though. Her voice is spot on, I was really impressed. I couldn’t get her to look like her though. I bought her as Samantha in Bewitched. I’m not buying her as Lucy. J.K. Simmons is great as Fred. I’m not convinced the movie made its point. I’m not sure what they were trying to say. I wanted more.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Traffic jams are the worst!!! I’ve learned, after living here for 7 years, that you do not want to be anywhere near the mountains on a Sunday unless it’s early in the morning. The traffic is stop and go which takes you double or triple the time to get home. I hate the feeling of being trapped and there aren’t a lot of exits coming out of the mountains so you’re at the mercy of traffic. Glad you made it home safe & sound

Sounds like you were a huge help to your parents & I’m sure they were glad to have you there. Your aunt was very determined to celebrate Xmas!! You made the right call even if it was tough, I hope there’s no hard feelings from her.

Christmas Story takes awhile to grow on you but it’s a Xmas Eve tradition for us. I still notice things each year that I didn’t the year before.

I didn’t mean to imply that ordering curbside groceries is lazy because it’s absolutely not especially in our current circumstances. I just usually have the time to shop & enjoy going into Target to buy crap I don’t really need. However, this week with the girls home I am just not feeling up to the task so I placed an order for pick up and went over this evening to grab it. They didn’t have a few things that I needed so I placed another order pick up for tomorrow. My husband is thrilled because I actually bought what we needed & not things that I couldn’t live without. I may end up doing it more often since it was very convenient.

BBW is having their semi annual sale right now so if you need something now is the time to stock up. I don’t really need anything but that doesn’t mean I won’t go check it out.

I have never seen the Princess Bride….don’t judge

I’m going to watch Being the Ricardo’s this week & I’ll let you know what I think.

Our testing sites here have been running about a 2 hr wait. Covid is closing in on us too. My neighbor texted me this morning to say that she tested positive with a home test & is waiting for her PCR results. Our daughters usually play together & by some miracle they only played with each other once this past week and it was outdoors. Keeping my fingers crossed that my youngest is in the clear. My husband came home tonight & told me that one of the offices he has worked in has had to close because the entire staff all have COVID. Only one person didn’t catch it and that’s because they weren’t in the office. Yikes!!!!!

Kiki- I really hope that it’s only a cold for you. Albuterol does wonders for a cough if you are able to get your hands on one. A cold mist humidifier is my go too for anytime I have cold like symptoms and it helps coughs too. Praying tomorrow is better for you❣️

Still no snow here but the mountains got clobbered this weekend. It’s so weird that we’re only about 90 minutes from all the snow but not even a flake in the metro area. I can’t even describe how freaking dry it is here right now. We would gladly take some of your snow if you want to get rid of it.

I watched the 1st episode of 1883 last night & it was amazing. Tim McGraw was fantastic & so is the rest of the cast. I recorded the 2nd episode but I’ll wait until later this week to watch it, trying to pace myself. Highly recommend watching it if you can.

Yellowjackets just gets better every week & Misty is a complete nut job!!! That scene in the woods with Shauna & the hanger…OMG!!!! I have a feeling they are going to have one hell of a cliffhanger in a few weeks.
Old 12-28-2021, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I haven't caught up on Yellowjackets yet and I need to watch the last few episodes of Station Eleven and last weeks SATC. With Christmas I'm behind.

My office has gone to at home work for the week since so many people may have been exposed around Christmas which is fine by me. Working from the spot on my couch is always my preferred way to work.

I have tickets to the Red Wings game on Friday and I'm nervous about it, might consider just skipping it and being out $100.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m still a week behind on Yellowjackets & SATC too. Last week was just so busy & after today I have zero plans so I plan on binging as much as I can.

I just found out that Paramount is doing a 30 day free trial & now I feel like I should take advantage of that. The Real World reboots are on there & I’ve been wanting to check them out so now might be the perfect time.

Working from home right now is very smart. I think a lot more employers may be heading that way soon if we continue on this path.

If you’re nervous about going to the game then maybe it’s best to not go. Better to be safe than sorry. Is it possible that they may cancel or reschedule it before then? It seems that all sport leagues are really struggling right now with outbreaks and having enough players to play.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They haven't been playing for awhile and were supposed to be back tomorrow in New York but the Islanders are having trouble with Covid right now so they've canceled tomorrows game.

I think the Red Wings have enough players for Friday but who knows, maybe Washington won't. I'll have to talk to my friend about it, I intentionally bought tickets in an area that has a bar just for that section so there is a place to escape with high tops or to just stand and watch the game.

I really need to sit down and reign in my subscriptions, decide which I use and which I can part with. I'm terrible about subscribing to something and then forgetting to cancel it, example: Apple TV, I got it for Ted Lasso. I can always re-sign up when the next season comes around.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

When I wake up in the morning, the cough and achiness is bad, but once I get moving, I feel better. I was supposed to get a test from the state today, but it didn't come. Hopefully tomorrow but if not, I will need to venture out. I have Albuterol.. that deep breath in at the beginning sends me into coughing spasms! And then of course I pee a little every time I cough. haha

I enjoyed Being the Riccardos but I would say like a 7 out of 10. I would have loved more of a bio-pic than a week in the life. Nicole Kidman did a fabulous job but I agree, she just didn't physically fit the part. It's like they hired her because she has red hair and they hired Javier because he has a Latin accent. Great actors in their own right, but not right for the part.

I'm rewatching Don't Look Up. I was half asleep the first time. WOW! Crazy friggen movie. Genius but wild. I loved it. I love Leo but sometimes his acting stresses me out. I love his friendship with Jonah Hill though.

I remember reading about Yellowjackets but now that I have seen the trailer, it's a hard no for me. You guys know how I feel about creepy and scary. I almost thought about watching Squid Game but popularity got me to watch Stranger Things and i didn't sleep for weeks.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I need to manage my subscriptions better too. We have Netflix, Disney+, Discovery+, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO Max. We use most of them except Hulu. I started watching Handmaids Tale & took a break because it’s heavy and frightening but I really need to finish it and cancel the subscription. I hate that all of these platforms have exclusive content that you can only watch if you subscribe. I think the smart thing to do is wait for whatever you want to watch to drop then subscribe, binge and cancel. My only problem is I don’t have a lot of time to binge.

Don’t Look Up is on my watch list too. Leo is such a great actor & has so many amazing movies. I was watching Wolf of Wall Street the other night & he is such a degenerate in that one but you still love watching him. Jonah Hill plays a pretty awful character too and the whole cast is just gold. Bonus….Kyle is in it too

Is Stranger Things scary? I haven’t watched but thought it was more paranormal. Yellowjackets has scary moments but the story is just so intriguing and keeps you guessing. I have zero desire to watch Squid Game, just not my genre.

I questioned the casting of Being the Riccardos too but I still need to watch it before giving an opinion.

The new Matrix movie is on HBO Max & I was going to watch that this weekend. I watched the other ones when they came out & feel compelled to watch this one too. I will probably be just as confused with this one as I was with the other ones.

How are you feeling today Kiki? Mornings with a chest cold are terrible. It’s like everything settles in your chest through the night & then once you’re up and moving it breaks loose and hurts like he**.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've heard a lot of different things about Don't Look Up but I think whether or not you like it kind of boils down to your political leanings. I'm more irritated they used Michigan State as the school Leo and Jennifer were at but didn't use the actual campus.

There's a new Beanie Baby documentary on HBO that I need to watch.

I have HBO Max, but actually have HBO through my cable provider so I'm not sure how much of a wash that is, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon (because I have prime), Showtime, Apple...I think Apple TV and Amazon are my least used services. I guess I can add Peacock in there too but that's another service that I just get for free through my cable provider.

I should probably just start charging everyone that has my various logins a flat fee per year and that would eat into some of my costs.

I would consider parts of Stranger Things scary kind of like Yellowjackets, there are elements that are creepy but not overall scary. Squid Game definitely not scary at all, gruesome, yes, scary, no.

Kiki, how are you feeling?

I'm trying to sell my Red Wings tickets for Friday's game, we'll see if anyone bites...there are a ton available for resale, probably also because the Michigan game is at the same time.

My one stray cat that's consistent spent like 20 minutes just looking in my back window and interacting with Duke this evening. I cracked the door to see if he'd come to me but he wouldn't. But it was enough for me to reach out to a rescue that traps to see if he might be adoptable. I feel like he might be.
Old 12-29-2021, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm on my third watch of Don't Look Up. There is so much to digest. I LOVE it but it definitely got mixed reviews. It's so unique, for me at least. Jennifer's hair is so distracting but she's amazing, and Leo is a little too intense for me like usual, Timmy's adorable but his hair is awful too, Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchett are amazing. There is only like one or two scenes filmed on what's supposed to be the Michigan State campus.

I had a terrible friggen day today. I still feel like ****, day 5. I finally bit the bullet and went to wait online to see my doctor and get a PCR test. Still negative. But I was positive for RVS which is "Other" respiratory virus. So now I have an antibiotic and cough medicine. She said I'm highly contagious and not to go out for 3 more days. SO looks like I will be sitting in for New Years just like I sat in alone for Christmas! Secretly I am okay with this. I'm playing phone tag with the insurance company, my HOA, and my contractor. The gas company was supposed to come between 9-12 to replace the meter but didn't show. Um... what else....

Thats so cute about the stray cat. I haven't heard anything more about the foxes.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread