Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2021, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

So the little girl I tutor tested positive. However I was only with her for less than 5 minutes and the CDC guideline is 15 minutes over a 24 hour period. I will take a test though before getting together for the holidays.

I really should write a book about the stuff my students have said throughout the years. Today I made my students go through a math test and fix everything they got wrong to the best of their abilities. One of my kids says, "Why can't you be a normal teacher???" hahaha I took it as a compliment. The same kids said, "Ummm yeah you do.." when I commented that the filter on Zoom made me have no wrinkles.

Scoobs weighs 26 lbs so the fact that he ate a pound of chocolate and was fine just confirms that his stomach is built of steal. He once ate a bowl of french onion soup. The emergency vet told me to give him XYZ to make him throw up but I just couldn't do it. I stayed up all night watching him sleep.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Glad to hear your Aunt only has a sinus infection & not the rona. Flying with a sinus infection doesn’t sound like much fun. My husband was a pilot & used to get sinus infections once or twice a year & he was grounded until the infection cleared.

Just wait until after the holidays, the testing situation is about to get much worse

Our weather this week has been pretty mild but that’s going to change after tonight. We might actually get some rain or a little snow then the bottom drops out next week.

I haven’t heard anything about hair loss with the rona but it doesn’t surprise me. There is so much that we don’t know about it & how it affects the body long term. If my hair were going to fall out from it then no I would not want to know. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

We spent last Xmas alone too & though it was strange I didn’t miss all the chaos of the day. I was able to just relax and enjoy the day without worrying about all the other stuff. A holiday without expectations was nice for a change. Hopefully, your Dad & your friends Dad are negative so your family can get together to celebrate.

My dog must be a wimp when it comes to eating chocolate. Not to brag, but he once ate a small corn cob whole and didn’t choke on it or yak it back up. My daughter also dropped that on the floor (there’s a pattern here) & I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Thank goodness, my neighbor is a vet tech and she came down to look him over and tell me what to look for in case of emergency. She said not to give him anything to induce vomiting because he could choke to death.

I’ve volunteered in the girls classrooms since kindergarten & there is no way I could ever be a teacher. Teachers do not get the recognition & praise they deserve for all of the stuff they have to put up with. I think the little kids have no filter and that can be a good or bad thing depending upon the situation. If for nothing else, they keep you honest and humble

Bad news for your student but thank goodness the mother called you when she did. Fingers crossed that you stay in the clear.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I truly hope it is only a sinus infection. I wouldn’t want to sit next to her on a plane though.

I really enjoyed having thanksgiving at home last year. Our trip up and back was so quick this thanksgiving it was just stressful. I wouldn’t mind doing thanksgiving at home each year.
I just don’t think it would be Christmas without Christmas Morning with my parents.

Kiki, you should TOTALLY write a book! That would be hilarious!

Hopefully, you weren’t in contact long enough to be exposed.

A, I hope your dad doesn’t get it.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

So your aunt has all these symptoms but didn't take a covid test? And she's flying? Yikes.

Welp... my niece is positive now. So Covid Christmas for us. I just took a test and it's negative. But my niece took 5 tests until she got a positive one. I read the CDC guidelines and I was not in close contact with the little girl. I was literally in a room with her for 2 minutes before I left.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She did stay and get the test, it was negative. The she went to her doctor, and they said sinus infection. She sounds awful though. It could be a false negative, but we’ll never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
So your aunt has all these symptoms but didn't take a covid test? And she's flying? Yikes.

Welp... my niece is positive now. So Covid Christmas for us. I just took a test and it's negative. But my niece took 5 tests until she got a positive one. I read the CDC guidelines and I was not in close contact with the little girl. I was literally in a room with her for 2 minutes before I left.
edited to update: my uncle found out my aunt (his sister) was sick and he shut that ******* down! She did not fly, she’s home. I really hope she doesn’t show up at my sister’s tomorrow instead!

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 12-24-2021 at 04:20 PM
Old 12-24-2021, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Just had dinner with my parents and my sister in law's parents. We exchanged gifts outside with my brother's family. I may go over to my best friend's tomorrow. I will exchange with my parents on Sunday. I will go over for lunch/dinner and watch the Eagles game.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:22 PM
Passionate Fan

We just back from my SIL’s for dinner then the girls got to open a present for Xmas eve. I always get them pj’s & they were being smarty pants asking if they could have their jammies all day long. Usually they get matching ones but this year I got them different ones and they must have loved them because they ran upstairs to put them on.

We’re hosting tomorrow & I think there’s about 13 of us. Normally, we have 15-20 people but some of the older nieces & nephews have significant others so their time is being split now. The table is set & everything is ready to go just need to put the potatoes in the crockpot tomorrow and get the appetizers ready. I’m tired already & just really want to watch Xmas movies all day long.

Boo to your niece being positive….how is she handling it? This variant hitting at Xmas just sucks. I think everyone thought we were beyond this and it’s just annoying now that we have to keep being so cautious and guarded with our interactions.

Yay to your uncle for shutting her plans down. Maybe he set her straight & she will just stay home until she is better. Would your sister let her in tomorrow if she’s sick?
Old 12-25-2021, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

This is my niece's second time having Covid. I didn't think that was possible but I guess with the different variants it is. She's fine. She was really upset because she couldn't be with her boyfriend for Christmas because he and his whole family has it, so she's thrilled now that she can be with him. lol I woke up with a mucasy cough this morning so I am staying put now too. I will take another test in a few days if I get worse. It's a bit depressing being home alone for Christmas. I feel bad for my parents.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Merry Christmas, everyone. I did end up going to spend the day with extended family. Will probably regret it as at least a few of them had colds but had been testing negative, one had been testing because of work and was sick but had a sinus infection was on antibiotics, and one who didn't even test but said they had a cold...but clearly negative at home tests don't mean much sometimes. So, anyway, I probably got at least a cold today, hopefully not covid.

But it was a good time, it was nice to have everyone together.

I don't love this Christmas on Saturday thing...but at least tomorrow is a day of recovery. I'm tired.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Merry Christmas ladies!!! I am SO worn out from hosting everyone. We had a pretty small group this year but I haven’t had a house full of people since Xmas 2019 so I forgot how much work it takes to make everything run smoothly. I already put my family on notice that tomorrow I will be doing absolutely nothing so they can figure things out themselves. This mama is worn out.

A- glad you were able to spend time with your family even if a few of them were under the weather. I thought I would be more freaked out by being around everyone but we had a few windows open while we were all together and I just decided to enjoy the moment and deal with whatever happens (if it happens) later. At some point, I have to trust the vaccines and start enjoying life again. Hopefully, you are in the clear even from catching a cold.

K- I’m sorry your Xmas plans were interrupted but hopefully you had a restful day. Are you still planning on visiting your parents tomorrow? Your niece is probably the only person that is happy to have the rona during the holidays so she could be with her boyfriend 😂. Heck, I would’ve been the same way at her age too. Sending healthy vibes your way that your cough goes away ASAP.

Xmas on the weekend is very weird, not sure how I feel about it. Next year will suck when it falls on a Sunday. My kids got tons of gift cards that are burning a whole in their pockets so at some point this coming week I will have to venture out to the stores. I HATE holiday crowds even before rona.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to stay away from everyone this week. I will take another test on Monday or Tuesday. I'm supposed to get my hair done on Tuesday. I let her know already and she said to just keep her posted. I already cancelled a dinner with a friend on Monday night.

Watching Christmas Vacation for the first time.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was just watching Home Alone 2, I hadn't seen it in so long. I think I actually prefer it to the first.

My cousin's new wife had never seen Christmas Vacation until this year either! That's so hard to believe, that's just a movie I've grown up quoting and watching every year. My dog is named after the family.

One movie I haven't watched this year is Elf. Usually it's on the rotation on AMC with Four Christmases, etc. but it wasn't this year. I know it's on HBO but I just miss catching it in random spots on tv.

I have to work this week but I'm just going to have to mask up and hope the people I was around weren't covid positive. Until I hear for sure otherwise, then I'd obviously go and get tested.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

I couldn't get through Christmas Vacation. I've seen bits and pieces over the years, but never the whole thing. It didn't hold my attention. I didn't see Elf this year either. I do love that one. I also watched Home Alone 2 last night. My class ended up watching Home Alone. Joe Pesci lived on the same street as one of my friends down the shore. He just sold his house for 7 million dollars.

I ended up getting a hold of another test and took it today. Still negative but I feel like ass, and I have every symptom that my niece had... in order. I am going to take a PCR on Tuesday and that's it. I'm not going anywhere except maybe to get my hair cut. I'm going to let my hairdresser make the final decision.

Watching the Eagles game that I slept through today. I know we won.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I felt not great earlier but pretty sure it was all the espresso martinis I had yesterday but I'm still wiped out, too much social activity.

I hope you feel better and it's not covid, but if it is I hope it's Omicron and it's not as bad. I can't find an at home test anywhere. Aside from work I have tickets to the Red Wings game on Friday, if it happens, they're going through a covid outbreak right now. I'm just going to mask up this week at work.

All I did today was run some errands this morning and laundry, otherwise I've been a total couch potato.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

I did have to run out to the store. I double masked and avoided people. I am negative after all. I am hoping I am positive so I can just get this variant over with and hopefully it doesn't get worse than it is now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread