View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 09:19 PM
Crazy4books
Passionate Fan

Traffic jams are the worst!!! I’ve learned, after living here for 7 years, that you do not want to be anywhere near the mountains on a Sunday unless it’s early in the morning. The traffic is stop and go which takes you double or triple the time to get home. I hate the feeling of being trapped and there aren’t a lot of exits coming out of the mountains so you’re at the mercy of traffic. Glad you made it home safe & sound

Sounds like you were a huge help to your parents & I’m sure they were glad to have you there. Your aunt was very determined to celebrate Xmas!! You made the right call even if it was tough, I hope there’s no hard feelings from her.

Christmas Story takes awhile to grow on you but it’s a Xmas Eve tradition for us. I still notice things each year that I didn’t the year before.

I didn’t mean to imply that ordering curbside groceries is lazy because it’s absolutely not especially in our current circumstances. I just usually have the time to shop & enjoy going into Target to buy crap I don’t really need. However, this week with the girls home I am just not feeling up to the task so I placed an order for pick up and went over this evening to grab it. They didn’t have a few things that I needed so I placed another order pick up for tomorrow. My husband is thrilled because I actually bought what we needed & not things that I couldn’t live without. I may end up doing it more often since it was very convenient.

BBW is having their semi annual sale right now so if you need something now is the time to stock up. I don’t really need anything but that doesn’t mean I won’t go check it out.

I have never seen the Princess Bride….don’t judge

I’m going to watch Being the Ricardo’s this week & I’ll let you know what I think.

Our testing sites here have been running about a 2 hr wait. Covid is closing in on us too. My neighbor texted me this morning to say that she tested positive with a home test & is waiting for her PCR results. Our daughters usually play together & by some miracle they only played with each other once this past week and it was outdoors. Keeping my fingers crossed that my youngest is in the clear. My husband came home tonight & told me that one of the offices he has worked in has had to close because the entire staff all have COVID. Only one person didn’t catch it and that’s because they weren’t in the office. Yikes!!!!!

Kiki- I really hope that it’s only a cold for you. Albuterol does wonders for a cough if you are able to get your hands on one. A cold mist humidifier is my go too for anytime I have cold like symptoms and it helps coughs too. Praying tomorrow is better for you❣️

Still no snow here but the mountains got clobbered this weekend. It’s so weird that we’re only about 90 minutes from all the snow but not even a flake in the metro area. I can’t even describe how freaking dry it is here right now. We would gladly take some of your snow if you want to get rid of it.

I watched the 1st episode of 1883 last night & it was amazing. Tim McGraw was fantastic & so is the rest of the cast. I recorded the 2nd episode but I’ll wait until later this week to watch it, trying to pace myself. Highly recommend watching it if you can.

Yellowjackets just gets better every week & Misty is a complete nut job!!! That scene in the woods with Shauna & the hanger…OMG!!!! I have a feeling they are going to have one hell of a cliffhanger in a few weeks.