Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2021, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'll have to watch Don't Look Up this weekend, since I'll pretty much just be self isolating, maybe having a friend over. I have a lot of binge watching/movie watching happening this weekend.

I just feel bad for the poor cat, it's going to get down into the low teens in the coming week and we have a snow storm coming this weekend. I just have to hope he has found shelter somewhere. I've offered him one in my backyard but he hasn't taken to it.

Respiratory infections are the worst. Hope the antibiotics will help. My cousin just got over the same, sounded awful, no voice, everyone thought she had covid but it was just something else. She's a nurse so they tested her relentlessly and she never came back positive.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:47 PM
Passionate Fan

My problem is I have so much to watch and not enough time to watch it all. I’ve gotten sucked back into the whole 90 Day Fiancée mess & it’s perfect trashy tv😂. My plan is to binge & read the next few days before I have to get back to adulting next week.

I hope your stray kitty lets himself be captured. This is a rough time of year to be roaming the streets looking for food and warmth.

K- I hope today is a better day for you. Good news that it’s not the rona but still miserable having to deal with being sick & coordinating home repairs.

It’s been a very weird morning around here. The winds picked up & were heavy along the Front Range and that started multiple grass fires which are now spreading and causing towns less than 20 min from us to be under mandatory evacuation orders. The one area that has been ordered to evacuate is where I just was yesterday. Apparently, one of the fires just jumped the interstate and is causing all kinds of trouble. Our local mall just closed so they can use it as a staging area for emergency personnel and they are telling everyone in Boulder to stay off the roads because the smoke is so bad and emergency vehicle need access to the area. The air is terrible right now & the sky has that very eerie, smoky look. This is something you would see in the summer not at this time of year. We’re supposed to get snow tomorrow night but for now that does us no good.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh wow, fires this time of year? That seems so strange. I have a friend that lives in Nederland and I know she's had to evacuate before for fires, but like you said, not this time of year.

The rescue hasn't gotten back to me yet. I hope that they do sooner rather than later but they have the reputation of helping with trapping so they're probably busy.

I'm not caught up on shows because instead of watching what's airing now, I'm binging ER again.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

OM got RSV when she was little, she was under a year. They quarantined us at the hospital and had to weigh each diaper to measure input vs output. It was scary. I hope you feel better soon. I stand by my suggestion of CS in a nebulizer. Respiratory issues are the worst.

It's hard to imagine fires this time of year. BUT, then again...it was 83 today in Austin, and there was a record high in Dallas on Christmas Day...jump 7 days later and the high for Sunday, in Dallas, is 22. I cannot keep up.
It's supposed to get below freezing two nights for us so I need to devise a plan for my plants. Riggins will dig in them and use them as a litter box, with glee, if given 1/2 a chance. I think I can put them in my office for 48 hours with no issues. I have no windows though (it's part of the garage that was converted into a room), so they can't stay long term. My mom suggested leaving the light on for false sun. I dunno if that will work or not.

I drove to West to meet Daddy and get OM today. I got caught by an accident going and coming back. It took 3 hours to get back...it's usually 1.5 hours. Generally, I can get all the way from Austin to Dallas in 3 hours and 15 minutes. It was painfully long, and we got off the highway and went around a large portion of the traffic. My day is gone!

We were invited to a friend's house tomorrow night for gumbo and fireworks. They live just outside of the city on a few acres. They usually host NYE every year. They didn't last year though. They have a big fire in the front yard. We are all excited to be going.

I started Yellowstone and I am in love! I've binged through the entire first season and half of season 2. I have no shame. Baby M and I caught up on two other shows as well. I've done NOTHING for 3 days and I loved it!
A friend mentioned Don't Look Up, but I haven't watched it yet.

We have Netflix through T-Mobile. I pay for Paramount+, Hulu, Peacock, and Amazon (bc Prime), and Disney+. My parents have HBO Max, Showtime, and Starz. I also pay for Spotify premium. My parents use our Prime, Netflix, Huu, Disney, and Spotify. We use their HBO and Showtime, and anything else they have through their cable service.
I think it's out of control. We ditched cable to save money and now I'm nickel and diming it out to individual services. There has to be a happy medium.

Robin, I took exactly zero offense to you saying ordering curbside was lazy. I feel like when we look back on the pandemic in 20 years its greatest contribution will be universal curbside service. Where was this when I was pregnant?!? Best advancement ever.
I love making my menu, making my list, and ordering it all from my living room. HEB has a fantastic system and my order is complete and correct 99% of the time. I save so much time!

A, I bet the kitty would love to be adopted. He seems curious and sweet-tempered. We have a lady in our neighborhood who traps strays, gets them fixed, and returns them to the "wild". I hope they get back to you so he can find his forever home.
Old 12-30-2021, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

I follow a few of the girls from Dance Moms (Don't judge me) on Instagram and one of them lives in Colorado. She posted that her father's office burned down but that her home is safe. Is this a natural fire or was it started by something?

Everyone I have talked to told me that RSV is particularly dangerous in children because it leads to bronchitis and pneumonia. My friend (who stopped talking to me when I told her I was vaccinated) swears by CS, but I have seen some stuff about it on Tik Tok lately... that it turns your skin blue/silver. And I mean, if it's on Tik Tok, it has to be true! lol I will ask my functional medicine doctor. I would want someone to tell me how much etc. I don't even own a nebulizer. I don't like to take meds, but I do feel sometimes they are needed. I've been taking zinc, vitamin D & C and it hasn't done much. Although, maybe it would have been worse if I didn't.

K- I am going to get rid of cable soon too. What do you have to watch regular TV? Like local news or like Bravo or ABC???
Old 12-30-2021, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Your natural doc should be familiar with CS. My favorite brand was a local guy in Dallas, who has now stopped making it. You want to make sure it's two ingredients: silver and water and 10 PPM. Personally, I nebulizer about the amt of an albuterol tube (less than a teaspoon), 3 times a day for 3-4 days. CS is only to be used as medicine, not a preventative measure. Never to be taken daily. Can it turn you blue? Yes. However, you'd have to ingest A LOT of it for a very long time. I saw a guy on Oprah once that looked like a Smurf. That is NOT the norm.
Several years (8-9 years) ago I was so sick I was in the hospital for 3-4 days with pneumonia. I took three rounds of antibiotics and breathing treatments every few hours. I was NOT getting better. I switched to CS used as above and was well in 72 hours. I've used it for Baby M when he was diagnosed with pneumonia too. I never had to get the RX filled, just used CS. Same protocol and within 3 days he was back to 100%. I haven't had an RX since. Baby M was on daily meds for asthma. He hasn't needed them or been admitted to the hospital for breathing-related issues since that CS treatment. When he was in 2nd grade we took his tonsils out. He hasn't had strep throat since. This was after that. Removing his tonsils was one of the best things we ever did.
I've used it for cuts or burns as well. Just a dab on a cotton ball, the first day of injury.
I've only had to personally use CS in a nebulizer 2-3 times since that time.

We don't watch much live TV. We have Peacock, Paramount, and Amazon for football. That covers everything but fox, which we can get by casting yahoo sports to our tv.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My Red Wings tickets sold, so at least I get something back though not in full. I'm actually surprised they sold considering the covid numbers and the fact that the Michigan game is on at the same time. There were SO many tickets up for resale.

I keep cable for sports. I feel like it would be too expensive to get all the packages.

I'm actually really happy to be able to be home tonight. In general I dislike New Years Eve, it's always a let down.

My big adventure today was pulling out all my bathing suits trying to figure out what I need to buy if I'm going to be on the beach for 10 days. I HATE bathing suit shopping but I also generally can't find bathing suit tops that fit from somewhere like Target. If I ever have kids I'm going with the lift and reduction afterward for sure. Also, Athleta bathing suit tops for the win, I have some that are like ten years old that still hold up.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

I don't really follow college football but my niece's friend is the quarterback for Pitt. They just played Michigan State in a Bowl game. He will probably be drafted so I am keeping tabs on him. And then Rutgers of course. I can see the stadium from my house. They are in a Bowl game too so I will keep tabs on that, not necessarily watch. Any of my nephew's former teammates who play in college are all Division 3 except one who is an Ivy league quarterback but didn't start his freshman year.

I've become a big fan of Athletica lately, but they are so expensive. I've worn the same bathing suits for 3 or 4 years now. I definitely need a new one.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I just bought two new tops from Athleta because they have the D-DD tops, I have one already and bought two more in different colors, and yeah, they last. I can pick up random bottoms at Target or something to match.

I feel like aside from the championship games a lot of the bowl games have had so many players opting out. Michigan State had their number one player out because he's going to the draft and didn't want to get hurt. I know that Pitt's QB1 was out for the same reason. I watched the end of the game to see Michigan State win but didn't watch the whole thing. I'll probably tune into the Michigan game later.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I know that Pitt's QB1 was out for the same reason. I watched the end of the game to see Michigan State win but didn't watch the whole thing. I'll probably tune into the Michigan game later.
That would be him. I didn't know he didn't play. Makes sense.
Old 12-31-2021, 03:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello ladies! Haven't been on here in a while but I thought I'd pop on and say Happy New Year. Hope you are all well and had an amazing holiday, albeit in the midst of all this uncertainty in the world.

I was just sitting around the house on the last day of this wild, crazy-making, **** year and just read that Betty White died only a few weeks short of her 100th birthday. Is there really anything else that could describe this year like that? She was one in a million and one of my favorites ...

Here's wishing next year is SSSSOOO much better!!!! Cheers!!!
Old 12-31-2021, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

We miss you and Happy New Year!

I love Betty White and especially The Golden Girls. My phone has been blowing up today. I posted this on Facebook. Sums it up...

Somehow I am still laughing. My 2021......
Shattered ankle, surgery, months and months of rehap. and physical therapy, teaching during a pandemic in a mask 24/7, emergency visit to hospital for possible blood-clot, hysterectomy in July, hot water heater leak floods my entire downstairs, in quarantine for Christmas and New Years, AND NOW... my Queen has passed. RIP Betty White. Get **** done up there, and thank you for being a friend.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Happy (almost) New Years!!!!

Whew…it’s been a very tough 24 hours around here. Yesterday afternoon there were reports of a brush fire toward the foothills but it seemed that it was under control. Fast forward about 2 hours from that initial report & it exploded into a full blown wildfire being accelerated by 100+ mph winds that swept through a very densely populated suburban/urban area. First responders couldn’t do anything but help evacuate people because the wind gusts were hurricane force so no air support or firefighters helping put anything out. It burned through neighborhoods and the town for several hours until the evening when the winds died down and they could start putting the fires out. As of now, it’s burned 6,000 acres destroying at least 1,00 homes and businesses. People are saying that they had no warning to grab their belongings and get out before their houses caught fire. There are multiple neighborhoods & subdivisions that are completely gone, just burned down to their foundations. My FB feed is heartbreaking with people that have no place to go and only have the clothes on their back. I have been crying reading about the pets that are missing or perished because the owners couldn’t get to their homes to rescue them. The whole afternoon/evening yesterday was terrifying. Our house is at least 15-20 minutes away from the fire but with the wind it kept pushing closer to our area. Parts of our town were ordered to evacuate and we were getting ready to start packing to leave when they were finally able to keep the fire from spreading. My SIL, who lives about 30 minutes from us on the other side of town almost had to evacuate. This fire was an uncontrollable beast that they are saying is the worst in the states history. That’s no small feat because we have had some really bad wildfires here unfortunately. The girls were scared to death and I couldn’t go to sleep last night until all the evacuation orders were cancelled. Everybody around here is just in state of shock and feels helpless because you don’t know what to do to help. The one town is still under evacuation orders with nobody allowed in so there are people tonight who still don’t know if their house is standing or not.

The girls & I were just over there Tuesday afternoon for a doctors appointment so I can’t begin to imagine what that area might look like after this. We were still waiting tonight to find out if our doctors office is safe. Just so much loss & heartbreak in our community today and to add insult to injury we finally got much needed snow this morning (24 hrs too late). With our extreme drought, hurricane force winds and the unknown spark it was just a recipe for disaster. Just a very sad day for our state.

I was already over this year & then heard that Betty White died. She was an icon & we have lost a legend. 2021 sure does know how to go out with a heartbreaking bang😭.

Kiki-your post was perfect & a great tribute….love it!!!
Old 01-01-2022, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy New Year to you all! Hoping 2022 is your best year yet!
Old 01-01-2022, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The fires sound horrendous and so so scary that they happen that fast. I remember a scene in Only the Brave where people are literally throwing their belongings into the back of trucks and cars and you think, that's so unrealistic, but it's really not, with the winds combined with the fire, it can move so so fast.

Happy New Year to everyone, 2022 can't be as bad as 2021, right? Right?! *knock on wood*

I had to pull out my "happy light" today after realizing we really hadn't seen the sun in over two weeks. I suffer from seasonal depression and it's hitting right on time, January and February are the worst.

I think we're supposed to get a good amount of snow this evening and overnight and then the sun might come out next week.

Embarrassing confession, I've never really watched The Golden Girls. I definitely have memories of the show being on when I was a kid, I was only a year old when it came out, but I've never really sat down and watched it as an adult. My favorite Betty White memory is from Community. I love that show and her on it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread