Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2021, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I guess I can't stay in St. Maarten forever so I did book my flight home, but the layover to go through customs is not long, so in short I'll be staying in Miami probably because I have no faith in the island getting me off on time and no faith in customs getting me through in under an hour and 45 minutes.

I'm just sensitive to smells so I don't often use air fresheners or plug-ins. Not that I wouldn't want to. Just with the wrong scents I'd be a walking headache.

The Red Wings are shut down through after Christmas. I have tickets to the NYE game. I feel like it's going to be postponed, 8 players and 2 coaches have it right now. All vaccinated, so yeah, gonna run through them all. With my luck they'll reschedule it for when I'm out of the country.
Old 12-19-2021, 08:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Overnight in Miami isn’t a bad way to end a vacation. At the very least you won’t have to be stressed with customs and a missed flight.

Your Dad absolutely needs a new moose mug, maybe a set of two just in case the other one breaks again.

I think we better get used to the closings for the foreseeable future with the new variant. I would guess that NYE events will start to cancel soon if the spread continues as rapidly as it has been. The one good thing that I heard is that because it’s so much more transmissible and spreads quicker is that it also goes away much faster since more of the population has been infected at a faster rate. I don’t know anymore what to think because apparently you can get infected with both the Delta & Omicron variant at the same time. I’m so burned out by all of this & just ready to move on.

I have never used Scentsy but I do have a candle & wax melt addiction as well. I always get pulled in by the seasonal scents this time of year. I bought some wax melts at the holiday market last week and I’m so disappointed in the candy cane peppermint scent. It has absolutely no throw & I have to stand over it just to smell it. In the package it smelled incredible but in the burner with 2 cubes not so much. I like something that gives off a good throw versus a light scent. In the winter, I tend to burn a lot of orange, cinnamon, peppermint and cranberry. I ordered the Spiced Apple Toddy & Peppermint Hot Chocolate from BBW yesterday. The Spiced Apple Toddy is AHHMAZING & the other has great reviews so keeping my fingers crossed that my whole house smells like each of them. I really wanted the Twisted Peppermint but the 3 wick wasn’t sold online, must be sold out. Also, if you sign up for their emails they will send you daily sale alerts and that how I knew about the candle sale. All of their sales are in a loop and this is the 2nd time they have done the candles in just a few weeks.

Subway tile is very in right now and also is a classic look. Tell him you want a clean, classic, inexpensive look and provide few pictures then send him on his way to purchase and install it all.

I have never watched Below Deck which is odd because I watch everything else on Bravo. I’m going to try and watch Station Eleven this week too.

I haven’t watched Spider-Man since Toby Maguire was recast.

Is anyone watching 1883 on Paramount tonight? It’s supposed to be a prequel to Yellowstone and the cast includes Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Sam Elliott and Billy Bob Thornton. Looks like Paramount will air it once a week on Sunday so you don’t have to buy their streaming service to watch it.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I got him a new one and wrapped it from my dog, Griswold, which I figured appropriate with the Christmas Vacation name and all.

I switched my flight to an hour later so I'll have close to three hours for the layover. I'm not getting home until almost midnight but that first flight to Detroit out of Miami was cutting it too close. I don't want to have to stress about it.

I have not watched 1883 yet. I haven't caught up on this season of Yellowstone. I watched the first three episodes of Station Eleven and I'm enjoying it. Though I'd honestly prefer just a continuation of what happened in episode one because I like that duo.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

I couldn't find Beloved at Walmart yesterday. I like Bath and Body but the scent just doesn't linger.

My floors were pretty dark wood. I don't think I want to go that dark again. I like the gray floors but I don't think that trend will last that long. The floors is the only thing I'm pondering. I will probably just go a little lighter wood.

I went to tutor today, sat down with the little girl for literally 30 seconds and got a text from her mom that she had just tested positive for Covid! She works in the city so probably Omicron. I don't think I was in contact long enough and the little girl hasn't tested posted.... yet. I don't think I have anything to worry about. Their nanny was there and I did talk to her briefly but not more than a minute or two. The rule at school is 15 minutes of close contact.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:59 PM
Passionate Fan

A moose mug from Griswald is perfect

3 hrs to connect should be plenty of time to connect. Do you have to work the next day if you’re getting home so late?

Oh no….thank goodness the mother told you as soon as she found out. If the little girl hasn’t tested positive yet & wasn’t showing any symptoms then there’s no reason to worry. I’ve always thought you had to have direct exposure with an infected person to catch it. Of course, things change every other day so who the heck knows anymore. I swear this variant is no joke. I was out today running errands & there were so many people walking around without masks even though the stores had no entry without masks signs. I had to test my youngest last night because her friend was over here last week and announced that she had a sore throat then this weekend my daughter had a sore throat, cough and congestion. Fortunately, we had some test kits and she tested negative but still keeping her locked down until symptoms are gone. That would be 3 kids in her class that have caught something in the past week.

I tried watching Yellowstone awhile back and it was pretty slow and boring so I gave up but everyone says how good it is so I feel like I should give it another chance and pay closer attention this time around. I really want to love it because Kevin Costner is in it.
Old 12-20-2021, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I talked to my aunt Sunday night, she sounded terrible. A very wheezing cough. I suggested COVID. She said it has to be a cold, she’s had a flu shot and is vaxxed with booster. She said she’d get tested in the morning. This afternoon she suggested that my mom come over. NO WAY that was happening! She sounded worse! She didn’t get tested today, she swore she’s going in the morning. I don’t think she’ll be flying out of town on Friday…just a hunch. I’m not sure what she’s thinking.

Does BBW have wax melts?

I need to watch Yellowstone before I watch 1883. I like to binge, so this week to week stuff kills me.

The minions have finished 5 of 6 Spider-Man movies and they are going Wednesday to see the new one.
I want to see West Side Story.

I’m happy Grizzy is giving him the mug. Too cute!

Good call on the return flight. No need to be stressed at all!

Any sign of your missing stray?

Bevo has discovered the tree. Like, he knew it was there. Now he’s IN it! I’m not thrilled about this development. He’s so small you don’t see him in it. He’s clever.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There are so many breakthrough cases right now, she could very well have the flu or a cold but I'd forewarn anyone that there have been a few people close to me who are very diligent about testing and both had mild cold symptoms, took at home tests, even had a PCR test and were negative then tested again and came back positive. It took almost five days into symptoms for a positive test to show up. it seems that in the vaccinated viral load a lot of the time is not high enough to give a positive test until further into the covid cycle.

The New York numbers are scary, I'm not feeling great about my unboosted relative coming to Christmas after flying in from NYC on Wednesday, but it is what it is.

Missing stray showed up yesterday afternoon. I think I might have just been missing him when he was coming around. They were both on a pretty strict schedule but with the weather getting colder they might be coming out at different times. I was home yesterday afternoon at a time I usually am not and saw him.

I really can't complain about my cats, they're pretty well mannered and don't get into a lot but the last few nights they've been sleeping with me and decide it's time to wrestle with each other at 3:30 in the morning. I look like a zombie today because of it.
Old 12-21-2021, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She was in line to get a test, and was waiting. She texted she was giving it 30 more minutes and then leaving…I’m not sure what she did.
Honestly, as bad as she sounded, I don’t know how they didn’t move her to the front of the line in a cloud of Lysol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
There are so many breakthrough cases right now, she could very well have the flu or a cold but I'd forewarn anyone that there have been a few people close to me who are very diligent about testing and both had mild cold symptoms, took at home tests, even had a PCR test and were negative then tested again and came back positive. It took almost five days into symptoms for a positive test to show up. it seems that in the vaccinated viral load a lot of the time is not high enough to give a positive test until further into the covid cycle.

The New York numbers are scary, I'm not feeling great about my unboosted relative coming to Christmas after flying in from NYC on Wednesday, but it is what it is.

Missing stray showed up yesterday afternoon. I think I might have just been missing him when he was coming around. They were both on a pretty strict schedule but with the weather getting colder they might be coming out at different times. I was home yesterday afternoon at a time I usually am not and saw him.

I really can't complain about my cats, they're pretty well mannered and don't get into a lot but the last few nights they've been sleeping with me and decide it's time to wrestle with each other at 3:30 in the morning. I look like a zombie today because of it.
I had to start closing my door at night. I couldn’t handle the late night/early morning zoomies.
I hate that it came to that, but it was distributing my sleep every single night.

Oh! Yay! I’m glad you found the cat.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

People wait hours and hours to get tested sometimes.

I don't even know what the numbers are like in NYC. I haven't been watching the news. My niece, her boyfriend, and his mother are all having symptoms now. The father has Covid. Both my niece and her boyfriend have both had the virus and are vaccinated. I will be shocked if their tests come back positive. But if they do... there goes Christmas.

I was SOOOO cold at work today. I put on my coat which has a big furry hood rim, but I didn't have that on, it was just hanging. One of my students told me I looked like The Beast from Beauty and the Beast. ????? Seriously? Come on!
Old 12-21-2021, 08:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Testing is just nuts right now & I understand why people don’t bother with it or just give up and leave after waiting in line for hours. Our state will send a 2 pack Binax test kit to any family with a student that requests one for free. We are signed up & have a couple boxes ready to go and you’re allowed to order weekly if need be. I could order 2 kits a week for both girls but I was able to find a few in the stores before signing up for the program so I have plenty just in case of emergency. It’s ridiculous that this far into this mess that people have to wait hours in line or search all over for a test kit just to find out if they are contagious or not. Isn’t the point when you’re sick to stay home and not spread it? Hopefully, your aunt was able to get tested but it definitely sounds like she needs to rest and stay put just in case.

Kids say the darndest things Good thing thing God made them so cute.

My cat won’t leave our tree alone either and tonight he stepped on a present and poked a hole in it…..ughhhhh!!! I just wrapped it this afternoon and refuse to rewrap it so I shoved it further under the tree and will deal with it Xmas eve.

Glad to hear your stray made an appearance. Maybe he’s just changing his routine a little bit.

BBW doesn’t have wax melts. I have found the best & least expensive melts from Walmart. Some of them smell amazing & throw enough scent for the entire house.

I watched the 3rd episode of SATC last night & really enjoyed it. It was much more lighthearted and funny. Still can’t accept that we won’t have Stanford around much longer.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

We have the program too that you can get tests sent to you. I need to figure out how to go about it just so I can have a few on hand. My niece was negative. BUT she had other bad news. Scoobs ate an entire box of Christmas chocolates. They didn't tell me for 12 hours, he slept there last night, because they knew I'd freak, but he seems fine. Ugh. And the foxes are back. They just hang out by the pool now. She said one is limping and the other is emaciated. I'm going to try and find some type of rescue to get in touch with.

I enjoyed SATC too. I'm loving it. It's like having old friends back. I don't like that Big died. They probably didn't need to do that.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have one at home test left from the bunch I bought a few weeks ago when I was exposed. I'm holding on to it until I really need it, which kind of feels like this coming weekend for Christmas, but...I don't know it's hard to turn down family plans.

I went to a funeral today that had a lunch after and it felt wrong. The church was social distanced and masked but once we sat down to eat it just was what it was. It was easier to feel comfortable going out to eat when you could do it outside.

I know chocolate can be bad for dogs but, honestly, all the dogs I've had have eaten it. My dog when I was growing up, Winston, his favorite treat was oreos. He lived to be 16.

My one stray may have another family feeding him. Before he came to me someone on Nextdoor had been feeding him and then he moved on to me. So he's a wanderer.

Glad to hear your niece was negative!
Old 12-22-2021, 10:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Yay for the negative test result.

Everything about going out right now just feels wrong. Our neighbors just gave us gift cards to restaurants for Xmas & there’s no way I’m eating inside right now so I guess we will just order takeout. I was at the grocery store again today & couldn’t believe how many people were roaming around maskless. Maybe I’m just too freaked out but I would prefer to not get sick, especially at the holidays, and without knowing where everyone has been then no thanks I will continue to wear a mask.

My oldest dropped some of her Easter candy on the floor a few years ago & our one dog ate it. He started vomiting immediately & you could tell it was the chocolate so we had to take him to the emergency vet where he spent the day being observed and given IV fluids & meds. The vet told my husband he was lucky because some dogs die after eating chocolate. Maybe it has something to do with their genetic makeup as to whether they can tolerate certain foods that are considered toxic. Either way, it scared the crap out of us & the girls know to be very careful if food is dropped around the dogs. Glad to hear Scoobs is doing okay.

Can you call Animal Control about the foxes? Doesn’t sound normal for them to just be hanging around like that. Our neighborhood ones are very skittish & they roam the entire neighborhood.

Your stray sounds like he is getting fed pretty well. Maybe he has a system where he spends a few days at a time with each of you then moves on to the next house.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So, my aunt has a sinus infection. I still have zero desire to see her. She’s still planning to travel Friday by plane. I think this is a really bad idea. We’ll see what happens.
She tested negative, then went to the doctor. She has a 14 day antibiotic. My thought is she shows up at the airport they say she looks sick, they don’t let her fly, and then she’s on the news. Speaking of the news…
I saw on the news today there’s a two day wait to get tested in some places in North Texas.

Also, it’s supposed to be 82 on Christmas Day in Dallas. That would be a record high! Same temps in ATX. I.can’t. I really just can’t.

Oh Kiki…you know kids say stupid things. That doesn’t make you feel better, but they just have no filters.

I have found a few wax scents from Walmart I like. The better homes and garden brand have been the best for me, so far. If there’s no throw, I throw it out. i do like Scentsy brand wax too. My favorite favorite favorite wax and candles are Circle E, made in Fredericksburg, TX. They are fantastic. I don’t love all their scents, but the ones I do have been favorites for 20 years.

Stray kitty is double dipping, he’s playing the neighborhood.

Bevo broke a glass bottle of cleaner last night. Charley and Riggins have never been on my counters. Bevo thinks it’s hilarious. Bevo knocked it off the window ledge and it hit the faucet. I was not impressed.

I’m glad Scoobs is okay.

Y’all.I just found out that after having the vid, it’s typical that 2-3 months later your hair falls out! Like to the point of seeing scalp! My friend had it 2.5 months ago and she is freaking out. She said her hair is so thin. Her husband too! She posted on FB, and 500 comments later, this happens to a lot of ppl. I’d venture to say it’s normal. Yikes! A few ppl commented they got wigs it was so bad. My friend also said her hair was much grayer since she got it too.
I know that gray can definitely be a nutrient deficiency. Missing some trace vitamins or minerals. It wouldn’t surprise me if the hair loss was attributed to that as well.
All of that was to say, it makes me wonder if my sister will lose her hair. I mentioned it to my parents, and said should we tell her or just wait and see and let her be blindsided…. Daddy said, “don’t tell her.” Which seems mean, but she is so anxious over everything that telling her would send her over the edge, and if it doesn’t happen, then we upset her for no reason. But make no mistake, her hair falling out may end her as well.
Have y’all heard of this happening?
Old 12-23-2021, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have heard about the hair loss thing, actually just a few days ago! A friend on instagram posted about her young daughter's hair loss with before and after pictures and it was stunning. The little one was under five, had covid, with minimal illness but now three-five months later her hair is so thin you can see her scalp. It's apparently a thing with some people after covid, but of course with covid it doesn't happen to everyone, just some.

I think it probably has to do with your body going through something drastic/traumatic. When I did keto years back and dropped weight fast, like twenty pounds in two months, I lost hair months later. I couldn't figure out what it was, I was just shedding like crazy, and it's a thing.

Hopefully it's just a sinus infection! The guy in my office who had covid and is still coughing like crazy just got back from Arizona. The amount of side eyeing he probably got on his flight...

I actually think I'm probably now going to be spending Christmas at home instead of traveling. There's just too much exposure. We do Festivus tonight and my friend called me this morning to let me know her brother flew in from NYC yesterday and was sniffling/sneezing but couldn't get a rapid test anywhere. So I took him one of my at home tests I had left over. He tested negative. But now her dad was exposed at a golf league party, which, my dad was there too so...I don't know. I did Christmas home alone last year and it actually was kind of nice.

I haven't seen stray cat in a few days again so I think he's definitely eating elsewhere. My other stray, another black cat, I think has exclusively taken to my backyard. He's there at least a few times a day. They like wet food though and the last few days it hasn't gotten above freezing so the food has been freezing. Though it's supposed to warm up in the next few days.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread