Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

I do believe Meredith and AZ voted for Alex, but Derek, Jackson and Callie surely voted for Bailey.

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

The shares are still owned by Alex, only the board seat was disputed between Alex and Bailey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladluvgrey (View Post)
some positions arent depending of who deserved it or not because I like him/her more, or if someone had better attitude or not, is more about skills and resume
Maybe that's what the show was trying to demonstrate: Stephanie telling Bailey that Mer, Arizona, Jackson are Alex's friends and she should prepare for the meeting. And in the end the board members acted all professionall and choose Bailey.

My problem with choosing Bailey is that is inconsistent with the RL: somebody spends the money to own a considerable number of shares, so they have a board seat and also with the current board members: each of them got there because they had money (transformed in shares after) to buy the hospital. Their skills and experience didn't matter at that time. (But, it's a TV show, it shouldn't be so surprising after all )
Old 10-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Is a good point, they bought the hospital and therefor have the shares and the board seats, but I guess as Alex was not the original shareholder, his seat at the board needed the approval of the rest or who knows if there was a clause about how to act if one day they gives/sell their part of their shares. I know hospital and clinics have clause for their shareholders...would be good to know if Grey's Sloan Memorial have them!

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I thought Meredith was a poor friend last episode. Alex really wanted to impress and ended up spending the entire time helping her with her family crisis.
Plus, his board presentation was coming in a few hours. Also, after the presentation, she seemed more preoccupied to congratulate Bailey instead of going after Alex and be there for him - she know how important was for Alex to win the board seat.

I, too, would like to see, who voted for who. I was thinking Mer would vote for Alex, but after I heard her telling him: "Bailey deliver my baby and save my life. What have you ever done for me?", I'm not so sure she did. And what exactly this suppose to mean?

Webber and Owen are voting board members? I'm confused if they are: Webber told Mer that he could participate with $3mil to buy the hospital if needed (before they bought the hospital), and he was present at the meeting; I don't remember about Owen.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Maybe at the end of the day, Arizona and Meredith voted for Bailey. I mean, Mer did make the point that Bailey saved her life. Alex is her friend, but that doesn't mean she voted for him at the end of the day, and Arizona was the one who brought Bailey and Alex in. She didn't seem upset about Bailey getting the position.

I can see Alex asking Mer next episode and her telling him it was unanimous. :/
Old 10-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Webber and Owen have any vote.

Well Alex did help her secure Zola, though she might make the argument that him narking on her aided in her losing temporary custody of Zola.

I think what would make a unanimous vote bad isn't the idea that they owed Alex anything. But it would rub me the wrong way that she wasted all of Alex's time he needed to prepare, while deep down knowing she had no intention of voting for him.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Alex ever told Meredith about his help in getting Zola back.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Not happy with the board's decision. Cristina's wishes should have been honored. After all, it was her money that went towards buying the hospital, not Richards!!!! Bailey snapping a selfie with the guy in the ER was just tacky and I expect more from her. Derek acting like the biggest jerk towards his sister and then losing the guy was just wrong. He definitely resents Meredith's decision to move forward in her career. He acts like his is the only one that matters.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Bailey snapping a selfie with a guy seemed totally OOC and immature. Reminded me of the interns who were taking pictures of the iceberg lodged in Cristina. Bailey has been acting incredibly childish these past two seasons. The writers have completely ruined her character. I can definitely see the board's decision to hire her backfiring. Honestly, Bailey is the more dramatic choice out of the two, and well, this is a drama.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

The epp was OK it was nice to see Mer and Alex bond.
Derek was taking it out on Ameila she was right and yeah MD will struggle because Derek feel his career was pushed aside , but then again Meredith was right to hold her ground because she wouldn't be happy in DC
I felt for Owen pain close to home letting go of someone u love is hard even if you know it's the right thing it remains painful.
Callie And Arizona drama I think they shouldn't have another baby this soon. They just got through Arizona cheating they should wait. I can see where Arizona is coming a child is still something big even if she will carry it look at MD right now they are trying to so hard to make a balance with 2 kids and high profile careers.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree that Bailey is probably more suited for the board, but her getting it is bad storytelling IMO, unless there is more to come. She acts completey arrogant, entitled and unprofessional (the selfie), without any introspection at all and is rewarded with the board seat. Meanwhile, the writers show Alex staying up all night working for it, and admitting that he possibly has something to give and really wanting it and he gets shut down for putting himself out there for the 5,000th time. What is the point of all that?

I wrote on another board that at first I thought that the tree impalement was a callback to the season 3 episode when Bailey was getting on Alex's case about being unprofessional with patients and that they were trying to show how Alex had grown and Bailey had regressed, but then Bailey gets the board seat and everyone but Alex seems thrilled so I guess not.

I find the whole board stuff to be a bad story decision nearly on the Dead Denny level. All of the board members usually come off badly and it has turned the hospital into Haves and Have Nots which I hate. NONE of them "deserve" or are qualified for it, except maybe Jackson, who gets it because of his family. I mean, Meredith was drunk for god sake! And not that it matters at this point, but Alex was going to quit Dr. Butthole's practice as soon as he learned about the board position, so he wasn't just returning because he didn't have a job. He would have had a job had Jo/Maggie not blabbed to Dr. Butthole.

Finally, and this is kind of off-topic but it has always bugged me: Alex helped the Shepherds get Zola back (anonymously), and I'm sure part of it was because he felt bad for ratting out Meredith. But Meredith was the one that screwed up the trial, and lost Derek's trust which in turn got Zola taken away. Not Alex. Sorry, I get that Alex was a complete rat-fink for telling on Mer, but SHE was the one who caused the whole situation to begin with, not Alex. *Ends ranting*

I do love the Merlex of it all though!
Old 10-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

I guess I don't understand how choosing Bailey is the more dramatic choice. In my eyes it is more logical than choosing Alex. He does not even have administrative experience.

I liken people blaming Alex about Zola, when it was Meredith's unprofessionalism that lead to her being taken away, to when people blame April for Derek getting shot. The shooter was looking for him and Lexie to begin with. It's illogical and a way to shift the blame from the real culprits who happen to be their favourite characters.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I guess I don't understand how choosing Bailey is the more dramatic choice. In my eyes it is more logical than choosing Alex. He does not even have administrative experience.
I don't get it either. I'm sure Bailey was also prepared. Just because she was dismissing Alex, acting confident/cocky, doesn't mean she thought she could get it without any preparation.

Quote:
Well, Owen said Cristina did it with her lawyer and it was legal, still Bailey can't own that part either then just because they voted for her.
I don't expect much accuracy from GA but transferring your shares is usually regulated by agreements and it would be rather difficult to simply transfer them to Alex. But tbh all the story lines with the board are ridiculous, have been from the start.

Quote:
Not happy with the board's decision. Cristina's wishes should have been honored. After all, it was her money that went towards buying the hospital, not Richards!!!!
Just because Cristina wanted him to be her replacement, doesn't mean they should be all voting in his favour. Why should her wishes be honoured? Because she invested money?

Quote:
It's not Alex's fault he was fired, though.
It's not his fault but he was quick to abandon the hospital and just as quick to get back and abandon his current job, that's not somebody you want as a board member.

The entire board is a mess though, lbr.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 10-14-2014 at 04:20 PM
Old 10-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I don't get it either. I'm sure Bailey was also prepared. Just because she was dismissing Alex, acting confident/cocky, doesn't mean she thought she could get it without any preparation.
I'm sure that she was prepared and, like I said, she was probably the better candidate. However, it isn't very entertaining, IMO, to watch Bailey stomp around like an entitled jerk all episode (and in previous episodes) and then get rewarded with absolutely no instrospection or consequence whatsoever. That, and the fact that the writers made the choice to have Alex really want it and work hard on his presentation and get nothing for it. Just not entertaining to me. I am hoping that this isn't over yet, though, and Bailey will be getting the smackdown that any other character who acted the way she did, would be getting.

Of course, this wouldn't be the first time that the Grey's writers thought that something was awesome or "interesting" and I didn't. In fact, it seems to happen more and more.

Quote:
It's not his fault but he was quick to abandon the hospital and just as quick to get back and abandon his current job, that's not somebody you want as a board member.
Just like Derek did and just like Cristina did (when she went to MN). Alex left the hospital because he forfeited the job that would have paid off his student loans when he decided to stay at SGH. I agree that the board is a crock, but I also don't think that Alex is completely wrong for it, when compared to most or all of the other board members.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

The fact that Alex didn't even start thinking about his debts or his fufure before his gf forced him to already discredits him as a candidate in my eyes. I like him, he was always one of my favs but I don't think he has the skills or the patience to be a board member. Bailey is not an optimal candidate either but she is more equipped and prepared for this kind of position.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.