Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Remember that AU episode where Owen and Callie were married with a bunch of kiddos?
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 10-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Well, Meredith was engaged to Alex who cheated on her with her best friend April.

Now, what if they make April and Meredith BFFs and Meredith starts sleeping with Alex?

Haha.

Meanwhile, Ellis is resurrected.

Except Addison can't come back and be pregnant with Mark's baby -- that ship sank.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if they are setting up Owen and Callie for some sort of ONS. Since Callie cannot have children, I doubt the ultimate goal is for her to become pregnant again.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's what I was thinking. God, I hope not lol
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 10-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Though it wouldn't be the first time a character on television was told they couldn't get pregnant and got pregnant (or the first time in real life, for that matter. It happens quite often, actually).

I don't want Callie and Owen to have a baby because that would crush all my Owen/Amelia dreams. What would suck is if they had said one night stand, then Owen moved on and started getting serious with Amelia, meanwhile Callie and Arizona are on the mend and she finds out she's pregnant. And she's pretty far along because she didn't think it was possible.

I could see that happening.

I don't care if Owen and Callie have a one night stand. I could see Owen sleeping around for a while before settling down with anyone. It might be better for him, actually.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

I think I am indifferent to Amelia and Owen because in general both characters are not interesting to me. Though it has happened where I found characters more interesting once they paired up. Perhaps they will make me excited to watch the show since the couple I do like surely isn't getting any airtime.

I think I am tired of all the stories revolving around Callie though. I actually enjoy her character but if Calzona have another baby, I'd rather Arizona was pregnant just because I would like to learn more about her perspective. I feel some characters are overexposed and others don't have any perspective.

As for people getting pregnant after being told they cannot, well that happens a lot in fiction. We might even hear it a lot in real life but statistically it is improbable. I would love if the show employed some realism sometimes.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Grey's employ realism? I think you're asking for too much here.

I've come to accept it's television, and it doesn't have to be realistic. Fiction is my escape from reality.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher & sons (View Post)
Remember that AU episode where Owen and Callie were married with a bunch of kiddos?
The whole purpose of the If/Then ep was to show they would be awful together. Even though they both want the big family and all that jazz, they were miserable together. I see nothing more than friendship and that hug was awkward as hell. Callie barely even acknowledged it.

Shonda got so much backlash from that awful modern family storyline with Mark, she had to give Calzona a whole season to recover from it. She's not going to do it again. I'm not an Owen fan, but I do think him and Amelia would be really interesting. But they really need to give him time to grieve Cristina so hope it's not too soon.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

I rolled my eyes at Owen's monologue about Cristina. Some couples are not even receiving airtime and I have to listen to him whine about Cristina? How is Crowen still receiving so much focus when half of the ship is gone?

Anyways, Callie and Owen are not the inevitable endgame because Shonda would receive so much flack for trying to imply that heterosexual couples are the only family units that work. However, I do not put it past her to attempt to pair Owen and Callie up for a ONS brought up by their personal misery. Combined with them working together, it is something to be nervous about until I can project the direction of Owen's storyline.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

I rolled my eyes at the monologue too. I was thinking "When is he going to shut up?" It took up way too much screen time.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I rolled my eyes at the monologue too. I was thinking "When is he going to shut up?" It took up way too much screen time.
It was ridiculous and honestly it doesn't endear me towards him. He is a terrible Chief, he is a terrible mentor, he wasn't a good husband. Perhaps instead of focusing on a failed relationship with Cristina, they might try to improve those other aspects of himself that he has left as a character.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I rolled my eyes at Owen's monologue about Cristina. Some couples are not even receiving airtime and I have to listen to him whine about Cristina? How is Crowen still receiving so much focus when half of the ship is gone?
I think it's to try and bridge the gap of where Cristina's gone and they don't want to make it obvious; I'm surprised at how well I'm coping without her in episodes!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I know right??? It was too long I timed it!!! It took almost 5 minutes of ST!

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if Derek will bring up the fact that he can no longer perform clinical trials because of Meredith, and his one shot at elevating himself was working with the president. Now he doesn't even have that. That might be why he is resentful. It's like that was his last claim to fame and now he has to settle with being an attending, and not even chief of Neurosurgery since his sister claimed that spot (undeservedly btw).
Old 10-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

I asked that to Karin Gleason the other night...Derek's knew why Meredith did what she did with the clinical trial and apparently made peace with it, but maybe this will make that come back, although this time she is not forcing him to give up the job, even if certainly her decision of not going to DC with him, it felt like forcing him...anyway I think if the writers remember some of their past plots could take advantage and make things more complicated!

Icon by Jaje