Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

It definitely gets complex if they bring up the clinical trial. Since many fans were wondering how Derek even got the job since he was blacklisted by the FDA. It wouldn't hurt to bring that up. Well, it would hurt MerDer by bringing up old wounds, but it certainly wouldn't hurt justifying Derek's POV.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

He came off pretty selfishly last episode but if they brought that up in the sense that he figured it was his last chance after giving up so much with the clinical trials, fans might understand him a bit better.

I didn't understand his comment about Meredith sounding just like her mother. He didn't really know Ellis. All he knew about her was from what Meredith told him. When he went to visit Ellis in the home, she was already in a demented state.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

In all fairness, Derek making the comment about her mother wasn't in 11x3. It's in the 11x4 promo and we don't know what Meredith says to make him say that yet. He didn't know Ellis, but he did spend some time with her in seasons 2 and 3, and he's heard Meredith talk about her enough. And he likely just says that to hurt her. In the CTV promo, she says, "You wanted to hurt me, and you did." Presumably that's what she's talking about. But again, promos aren't always in sync and are edited for dramatic purposes. Like when April said, "He's dying inside." The promo made it look like she was talking about Derek, but she was in fact talking about Owen.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Haha I thought it was obvious she was talking about Owen. April and Derek don't run in the same storylines for her to say he is dying on the inside, although at this point he probably is. This is his second big concession. The first one being the clinical trials and taking the blame for Meredith's mistake so she could keep practicing.

I wonder if he says it in the context like she has selective amnesia or she remembers what she wants to. Though I am not sure it would look better than if he said it because he thinks she inherited her mother's stubbornness or what not.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Stephanie can go back into her corner again. I was curious to see her get more screentime now that she's not the roadblock for April/Jackson but she just irritated me. She's entitled to be hate Jackson of course but her snide comment over Jackson making the wrong choices bugged me (as one of the few April fans out there).

Owen needs to just shut up. His tantrum at Callie tonight reminded me of when he acted like a complete douche to Shane , not for killing Alex's dad but because he'd slept with Cristina. He's such a child.

Bailey sucks. Her cocky attitude makes me think that she's heading for a fall though.

I liked Jo and I get why Meredith is bugging her. She's taking up all her boyfriends time and doesn't even rate her enough to be respectful toward her.

Callie/Arizona.. just stick a pin in it and be done. To quote Carrie Bradshaw, they're so over... they need a new word for over.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Loved the Mer/Alex scenes.

Quote:
What I don't get about they Bailey/Alex situation: Cristina gave her shares to Alex, because she wasn't only a board member, she owned part of the hospital. And just because Bailey was nominated by Webber (could all the other board members nominate people too then?) she gets the $5 million dollar worth of shares? or will Alex still own the hospital but not be on the board? can he own something and not have any say in it? Because Cristina legally gave him her part so IDK how all the others can just give it to Bailey.
The shares weren't technically Alex's. Just because Cristina wrote him a letter that she left them to him, doesn't mean he automatically owns them. Even if you own shares of a hospital, you can't just do whatever you please with them. It's a much more complicated process than that.

I wouldn't have picked Alex tbh. He is a hot mess. He left the hospital because he got a position at a private practice. He is now only returning because he lost the job. He also didn't start caring about his debts until Joe forced him too.

Probably wouldn't have picked Bailey either, she's had a tough year herself but out of the two she is more experienced.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 10-12-2014 at 04:52 PM
Old 10-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
The shares weren't technically Alex's. Just because Cristina wrote him a letter that she left them to him, doesn't mean he automatically owns them. Even if you own shares of a hospital, you can't just do whatever you please with them. It's a much more complicated process than that.
Well, Owen said Cristina did it with her lawyer and it was legal, still Bailey can't own that part either then just because they voted for her.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

To be absolutely fair, the entire board is a hot mess right now.

Meredith/Derek are fighting.
Callie/Arizona are fighting.
Webber just found out he has a daughter.
Meredith just found out she has another sister.

Those five make Bailey and Alex look fairly sane about right now.

All the board had undergone a huge fight before the voting, except Jackson who's stressed out about even being on the board. He's made it clear that he would rather step down. So, none of their votes were exactly objective.

Honestly, doctors have no business being on the board at a hospital they work at. I know it's for dramatic purposes. But I could see something completely bizarre happening this season that results in the hospital board members getting fired from the board. They can keep their shares, but it would certainly be wise to hire people who aren't so close to the job to serve on their board.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

I don't think that argument works. A lot of people have personal drama. In general people will always have personal drama and it doesn't mean it should prevent them from leaving their crap behind and doing their job at work. If this were the excuse behind every poor decision people made on the job, everyone would be unemployed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I wouldn't have picked Alex tbh. He is a hot mess. He left the hospital because he got a position at a private practice. He is now only returning because he lost the job. He also didn't start caring about his debts until Joe forced him too.

Probably wouldn't have picked Bailey either, she's had a tough year herself but out of the two she is more experienced.
EXACTLY! He is a hot mess. He doesn't even a have a job. Everyone should put themselves in the position of the board members. Not only did he dump them for a better job when the opportunity arose, he is currently employed by no one. Furthermore, he never finished his fellowship at the hospital so his experience doesn't outrank Bailey.

Bailey is a mess herself right now but her experience speaks for itself. That's why I don't get the comments about her being cocky. She was an excellent resident chief and her administrative skills spoke for itself. She has displayed loyalty to the hospital that Alex has not. Hell if I was her, I'd be cocky too. Because no one in their right mind would choose Alex. She knew it. The audience knew it if favourism was placed aside.

I have even seen comments that Alex should take over as the head of peds department because Arizona took on another fellowship. When people ask why, they say he deserves it. How come? What has he done to earn anything? He is desperate at this point. He has not earned a damn thing. This from someone who actually enjoys watching Alex (apart from Jo).
Old 10-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

It's not Alex's fault he was fired, though. The poor guy can't catch a break. He tries and tries, and he's always shoved under the bus. To be honest, the way Alex was fired was ridiculous and as contrived as hell to create drama. I'm positive Alex will take over as Head of Peds, not because I think he should or not, but because it's obvious Arizona has too much going on and she really wants this fellowship. (plus the press release for the next episode basically says he will).

Alex has had a **** life, and whenever he has something big, it gets taken away from him.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

I have to say that in RL, doctors who have shares in hospital or private practices, do have board seats and makes administratives decisions, there's of course, administrative personel that bring the numbers, files, etc, and based on those, decisions are made, so in terms of using this as a plot or something in Grey's, it wasnt exactly unbelievable. Now, not every doctor who have shares, necesarily have a board seat, that would depend obviously of how much of those shares the doctor have.

As for who should have the seat...as much as I loathe Bailey right now, she is more capable in administrative functions. As I said in other thread, some positions arent depending of who deserved it or not because I like him/her more, or if someone had better attitude or not, is more about skills and resume, so sadly as much as I love Alex, the logical was to give the board seat to Bailey (although here is the stretch because she doesnt have shares of the hospital and shouldnt be a candidate). Now I guess, the shares are owned by Alex, so he can do something with it.

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

He should still be a shareholder in the hospital and therefore get something in return. I don't work in the medical industry, so I don't know what that would look like. I think it should be addressed. Next episode will be interesting to see how Alex copes.
Spoiler:
Old 10-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

I am sure the issue is far from resolved. I thought Meredith was a poor friend last episode. Alex really wanted to impress and ended up spending the entire time helping her with her family crisis. This is why I really want to know who she voted for.

I noticed some others on the other board laughing at the fact that every head of department is under the age of 40. It is a bit of a stretch and with Alex taking over as head of peds (potentially) it will be downright laughable. Especially since he isn't even a fellow.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Somehow Meredith and Alex lives this season are paralleled...both needs to found their ground, what they really need to do to feel or be successful, at least in this case in their career...Alex for now is even more stable in the relationship front that Meredith though...

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Alex completed his fellowship. He started working at the private practice after he completed his fellowship. He said that last season.

I want to know who voted for whom, namely Arizona and Meredith because they're the two I was sure would vote for Alex.