Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2014, 08:47 PM
New Fan

I enjoyed the episode very much especially Owens storyline with Callie also I hope japril have more scenes in future episodes together or separately I just hope they get some screen time.also I might be in the minority but I become a Maggie fan and I was wondering if Maggie will be getting her own thread ☺️😊
Old 10-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode. I loved all the relationships. Mer/Alex, Mer/Richard, Owen/Callie (I love their frienship), Derek/Amelia. I am team Amelia too, but Derek has always had his ego.

What I don't get about they Bailey/Alex situation: Cristina gave her shares to Alex, because she wasn't only a board member, she owned part of the hospital. And just because Bailey was nominated by Webber (could all the other board members nominate people too then?) she gets the $5 million dollar worth of shares? or will Alex still own the hospital but not be on the board? can he own something and not have any say in it? Because Cristina legally gave him her part so IDK how all the others can just give it to Bailey.

I never understood why people on TV get mad when other people take a while to tell a LIFE CHANGING thing to them. It was just a few days, and of course it'd take time to gather up the courage. But I'm sure Maggie will come around.

Ellis sure messed up with a lot of people

Quote:
He did not complete his fellowship.
He did actually. That was mentioned last season.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Bailey is cocky. But they're looking for someone who is organized and has a track record of success. As it stands, he has neither at the hospital. Having said that, I totally feel as if Alex did not get the spot because it'd be easier to write his character in the wake of losing than it would be to write Bailey coming out the loser.

On an aside, I think it would be interesting to know who Meredith voted for. If she voted for Bailey after Alex did all he did for her that day, it would be pretty cut throat.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just finished the EP..

what was that at the end with Alex *POW*

*grabpopcron*
Old 10-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex has had success at the hospital (some cases like the ping pong ball, the African kids program). Bailey has had more meltdowns than everyone at the hospital combined, so that's not good. None of them are the perfect candidate because this is a drama show and everyone has been unprofessional more than once. But it'd have been a lose-lose situation for me. Because Bailey got it, and now she'll be even more cocky and entitled, but if she hadn't she would've been more whiny and angry so neither outcome is good.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

I think everyone exhibits their moments of unprofessionalism in that hospital, some more than others, so that isn't necessarily a good indicator of the best candidate in this case.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I think everyone exhibits their moments of unprofessionalism in that hospital, some more than others, so that isn't necessarily a good indicator of the best candidate in this case.
That's exactly what my post said
Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I was agreeing with you.

So I guess I am curious as to how the vote was split. I hope they don't leave it at that. Because I feel like Alex is so quick to rebound that they might have chosen him just to be able to drop the drama entirely. The biggest sources of drama being who Meredith and Arizona chose. I feel like Alex would not expect the rest of them to vote for him.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Just watched the Richard/Ellis/Little Mer flashback scenes from season 6's "Time Warp" - love how they mention it's 1982 at the beginning of that epi when the AIDS patient first comes (and all the music from that year in their scenes!!! so great - made me miss the 80s covers from last season!) and Richard and Ellis are embarking on their affair. They had Ellis finding out about her pregnancy (and her meltdown) in the spring of '83 and Maggie's b-day in November.

I am very excited to (hopefully) see upcoming flashbacks to piece together how Ellis' pregnancy/giving up Maggie goes down.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

So I guess I am curious as to how the vote was split. I hope they don't leave it at that. Because I feel like Alex is so quick to rebound that they might have chosen him just to be able to drop the drama entirely. The biggest sources of drama being who Meredith and Arizona chose. I feel like Alex would not expect the rest of them to vote for him.
I really doubt we'll find out who voted for whom but I really wish they'd say it! I'm guessing Arizona and Mer did vote for Alex. I think Callie, Derek and Owen voted for Bailey. Jackson could've gone either way but clearly it was for Bailey since Bailey won. Anyway, if they had waited for Richard he would've voted for Bailey too. I think Callie and Derek would have maybe sided with their spouses about Alex, but both couples had an argument/fight before the voting so...
Arizona is (though they stopped showing it) Bailey's friend too, so it's not impossible that she could've voted for her. Meredith is the only one I'm 100% voted for Alex, especially after the day they had together.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked the episode and am glad that Richard finally told Maggie, her anger was understandable but I couldn't help but get a little annoyed that she didn't even let him get a word in to explain. That happens a lot on Greys I swear that half the dramas could be avoided if the characters on this show would just let each other finish their sentences before assuming the worst.(note to Derek, stop thinking about poor you and let your wife explain why she stayed home)

The Callie, Jackson and Owen storyline was cute and I am looking forward to them all working together more, for me it was one of the better parts of the episode where I could recover from the frustration of everyone fighting!

Derek was annoying me this episode, and he was being horrible to Amelia. I get that he is upset that he missed out on a huge opportunity, but Amelia is right, it was his choice. Meredith also has a point too, Derek can't expect her to endlessly thank him for his sacrifice, because she didn't ask him to make it. Derek still hasn't understood the whole point of her choice to stay, and he still doesn't get that she has a right to make choices for her career rather than just following him around.

Quote:

I was disappointed that Alex didn't get it because it did seem like he really worked hard for the presentation, while Bailey just assumed that she deserved it. However if giving it to Bailey is the writers way of avoiding drama, I can't say that I have a problem with that. I am not sure I could handle Bailey sulking if the position was given to Alex.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed the episode!

Liked all the Mer / Alex, Amelia / Derek, Richard / Mer etc. scenes!

And now i am definetly a shipper of Arizina and Dr. "Davis" ! Arizona was like a little Girl which stood in front of her teacher, bubbeling... ( for me ) it was fun to watch!

I also loved that they mentioned Cristina so often!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if we will ever know who voted for whom. I, too, am most curious to hear who Meredith voted for. I wonder if Alex will ask her. I mean, she said it herself: Bailey saved her life. She didn't deliver her baby, so I don't know why she said that, but she did save her life. Alex is her friend, though, and Meredith has always been loyal to her friends. But her acknowledging and stating that creates reasonable doubt.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I officially hate Bailey!!! what she did was disrespect Alex, not even considering him a competition when she knows that he is a good surgeon and a good man. Alex deserved it I hope he can do something with the shares Cristina left him.

Derek got on my nerves he made a choice so live by it and don't blame anyone else. MerDer falling back into there old habits of not listen to each other.

Loved Callie , Owen and Jackson in this episode I am also on Amelia side Derek was horrible to her.

I love Maggie and her storyline!!!

Quote:
What I don't get about they Bailey/Alex situation: Cristina gave her shares to Alex, because she wasn't only a board member, she owned part of the hospital. And just because Bailey was nominated by Webber (could all the other board members nominate people too then?) she gets the $5 million dollar worth of shares? or will Alex still own the hospital but not be on the board? can he own something and not have any say in it? Because Cristina legally gave him her part so IDK how all the others can just give it to Bailey.
I was wondering the same Looks like the choice Yang made has no say in Grey's land!!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Amelia and Derek

This is coming from someone who absolutely loves Amelia, and won't let go of the idea of Amelia's fiancé James coming back into the picture. I never got the impression that Amelia's dream job, or life, was to run a neuro department. Be respected by her brother, and get out from his shadow, yes, but run a department? That seems out of character. I just wondered if when Amelia was saying that she understood what Derek was going thru because she was asking to give up her dream because he loved Meredith, might be that she gave up her dream of a husband/kids/career because of her choice to stay in Seattle (to help Derek). But either way, it certainly doesn't seem like she's going to hand over the department easily. But maybe they will do the same thing they did with Derek becoming Chief and have her realize that she hates the admin and misses the surgeries. Which does remind me ... wasn't that a case or Derek stepping back in his career?

I also found it weird that they made a point of saying that Derek was busy catching up on cases and wanted to postpone the meeting. You would think that with both Shepherds full time that there wouldn't be enough for them to do.

And I know this is off topic and I apologize, but did anyone else notice that in the episode where Meredith is thinking back to the ER with her mother that she is wearing two different outfits? When Ellis' arms are in restraints and Meredith being told she saved her mother she has a sweater on and was holding her doll. When we heard the baby cry and she said to take her away Meredith had a black top and no doll (she was in Boston??). Meredith's memories seem completely messed up but I guess she'll figure more out in next episode.