Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Couldn't care less that Brooke lied to Lucas. I wouldn't have, but I wouldn't have f***ed the lame ass, either. I found it a cruelish revenge on him and it make me smirk a bit.

Welcome to emotional torture, sucka.

Peyton and Jake were cute.

Nathan was hot. Why do the writers so object to showing Nathan and Haley getting hot and heavy? It's beyond annoying.

The sugarmomma line was excellent.

Liked Dan, though it was out of left field and sloppy ass writing. The Nathan card was too cute, I so want to keep him.

But overall? Big fat 'eh' from me. Didn't at all carry over the emotional drama from the show before and it was, frankly, extremely disappointing.

I got nothing out of it except some nice shots of the nipple ring.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Nathan & Haley - All I can say is WOW! The "I love you's" were a total shock to me. I wasn't expecting that to come until the season finale. What a wonderful surprise! I love this couple! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Brooke & Lucas - I won't say too much here for fear of being beaten by the B/L shippers. Up until tonight I have really liked the character of Brooke. However......It is NEVER o-k to lie about being pregnant! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Jake & Peyton - They hardly had any screen time together, but I am loving this couple. I am rooting for them to get together like it's no ones business! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Keith & Karen - I can't stand Keith anymore. I hope he leaves town. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Brooke & Lucas - I won't say too much here for fear of being beaten by the B/L shippers. Up until tonight I have really liked the character of Brooke. However......It is NEVER o-k to lie about being pregnant!
Brooke lied in the heat of the moment and she let Lucas hang for a whole day boohoo. Lucas and Peyton lied and went behind Brooke's back for weeks and if she hadn't discovered it herself I doubt they wouldve told her period! IMO Lucas got what he deserved.

Mere
avi by Beth
Old 04-21-2004, 06:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Brooke lied in the heat of the moment and she let Lucas hang for a whole day boohoo. Lucas and Peyton lied and went behind Brooke's back for weeks and if she hadn't discovered it herself I doubt they wouldve told her period! IMO Lucas got what he deserved.
I posted this in another thread, but what the hell? I'll post it again.

A friend of mine committed suicide in high school after a girl he had been with told him she was pregnant. I won't get into all the details, but I will tell you that she lied. She was NOT pregnant. Her family packed up and left town as a result of what she did. So many people were hurt by her lie, but at the time, she didn't know what the consequences would be. She just wanted to hurt him.

To say that Lucas deserved to be lied to about getting a girl pregnant is wrong. No one deserves that. Human life is nothing to lie about.....it's certainly nothing that should be used as a means to "make someone sweat it out".

Anyway, I know people out there love Brooke and they are probably mad at me for expressing my OPINION, so I will stop talking about it.

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Nikki made her bed when she deserted Jake and Jenny. I can understand his not wanting Jenny to be attached to her. Suppose Nikki runs off again? He is looking out for his daughter and does not want her to be hurt.

Brooke's lie was cruel and I think its about time that Peyton tells her to go to Hell. How many times does she have to say "I'm sorry'?

Dan is confusing. His going to Lucus, his saying that he wanted Karen to get an obortion, and his looking at Lucus's baby pictures.

Karen was right to say no. Why destroy their friendship by getting married?
Old 04-21-2004, 07:00 AM
Extreme Fan

I love Brooke But I have to say I was disappointed in her. Lying in that situation is wrong no matter what Lucas has done. I liked the end scene were Dan was looking at the pictures of Lucas. I still love Brooke though cant help it.

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited COOLCAT200 ]
Old 04-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Passionate Fan

This episode takes place right after the auction night, right? So, apparently, when Haley didn't come over at midnight, Nathan decided to clean up all the plastic and other crap left over by the painters and move some couches and a big screen TV in. The continuity on this show is awesome! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

As for the whole Brooke thing, I love her more and more with each passing episode. She, Dan, and Nathan are by far the most human characters on this show, and I adore her layers.

There is no question that telling Lucas that she was pregnant when she wasn't was wrong, but it wasn't premeditated... unlike some other things on this show. Everyone has said or done something in the heat of the moment that they regreted and that ended up hurting someone, and the way SB played it at the end, it came off to me that she let him wait so long because she was scared to tell him the truth. I didn't feel like she was trying to make him suffer as some sort of grand revenge scheme. She made a mistake because she was hurt, but she owned up to it, and kudos to her for that. But that's just my opinion.

Nathan and Haley were cute and wonderful in this episode, but Haley needs to never say "Hungry for you" ever again. That made me cringe.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Anni: I thought it was cute. Joie has that way of making the cheesiest lines sound adorable.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 04-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~annie~:
As for the whole Brooke thing, I love her more and more with each passing episode. She, Dan, and Nathan are by far the most human characters on this show, and I adore her layers.

There is no question that telling Lucas that she was pregnant when she wasn't was wrong, but it wasn't premeditated... unlike some other things on this show. Everyone has said or done something in the heat of the moment that they regreted and that ended up hurting someone, and the way SB played it at the end, it came off to me that she let him wait so long because she was scared to tell him the truth. I didn't feel like she was trying to make him suffer as some sort of grand revenge scheme. She made a mistake because she was hurt, but she owned up to it, and kudos to her for that. But that's just my opinion.
ICAM, annie. Brooke will always be my favorite character on OTH because she seems very real to me, wonderfully layered and complex. And SB continues to astound me with her acting; her delivery of "How could you cheat on me with my best friend?" just broke my heart and the shot of her crying alone at the end felt really raw to me. Very good stuff there.
Brooke/Lucas lover #6
A CSquared Insomniac

"Heh. Brooke's a tropical storm that has just been upgraded to a hurricane -- she's a whole lot of power wrapped up in a relatively small package." -Ragdoll, TWOP
Old 04-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveNaley:
<STRONG>

To say that Lucas deserved to be lied to about getting a girl pregnant is wrong. No one deserves that. Human life is nothing to lie about.....it's certainly nothing that should be used as a means to "make someone sweat it out".

</STRONG>
WORD and a BIG AMEN. You are totally correct. What Brooke did was evil in my mind. Just plain wrong NO MATTER what circumstances.

Bronson, I completely agree with you. Peyton should tell Brooke to go to hell.

Brooke needs to MOVE ON from the "my best friend and boyfriend cheated on me speech." FINE, dump both Lucas and Peyton and never speak to them again if you are that miffed. But, quit talking about it all the damn time and walking around like you are the only one that has been hurt in this entire world! Sorry for the rant but Brooke is driving me crazy!
Old 04-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

What an amazing episode.

Nathan/Haley: When I first watched the episode I was like yeah, that's cute. I did squeal in delight at the I love yous, but I was more concerned with the Lucas/Brooke and Jake/Peyton aspects of the show. The second time however... omg. There was shrieking, there was awwing, there was scaring my brother, the dog, and all of my MSN contacts.

Lucas/Brooke: I felt for them both and can understand where they were both coming from. Brooke shouldn't have lied about something like that, especially to Lucas, but like it's been said it was in the heat of the moment and you know that Brooke wouldn't do something as cruel as that if she'd thought about it for more than a second. I really hope these two make up soon.

Lucas/Karen: Beautiful. Their scenes were just heartbreaking and I loved their closeness.

Deb/Dan: Ugh. I'm finding them both annoying. I'm sick of their storyline and am glad it was more or less ignored for the last couple of episodes. Let's move on, please? Although that scene at the end with Dan looking at the photos was bittersweetly adorable.

Kieth/Karen: Eh, I knew she was gonna say no. I thought she'd said it last week, but really. Think before proposing next time, huh Kieth? I'm finding these two quite boring as well. But I was never really into them, so go figure.

Peyton/Brooke: These two have to make up. It's killing me!

Lucas/Haley: Boy, did this guy get around! Though I loved their scene in the cafe. Haley is just too funny.

Nikki: I almost felt sorry for her, you know? Then that end scene happened. Stalker!

Jake/Peyton: Can I just say awwww? These two are just too cute! That last scene... When Jenny starts talking, she's so going to call Peyton momma. Awww.

Overall, great ep. They just keep getting better. Can't wait for next week! *Bolts off to change signature*

(Avi by carolinarain)
Old 04-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

On the whole Lucas/Brooke subject, while I agree that Brooke lieing to Lucas about being pregnant was wrong, I understand why she did it. She was scared, and afraid and just two seconds before the doctor called with the results Lucas basically called her a ****. She was still angry from before and her first reaction was to tell him that she is pregnant.

I also agree with annie who said that maybe the reason that Brooke made Lucas wait before she told him the truth was because she was scared because she lied before. She made a mistake, people do that. Hopefully she learns from this and doesn't do it again.

I loved the rest of the episode, especially all of that Nathan and Haley scenes. I also actually feel bad for Nikki. I really hope she's sincere in wanting to be a part of Jenny's life, and be a mother to her.

I felt bad for Kieth but I know that Karen was going to say no, but it turned out to be a good thing for him. Now he can go and do something just for himself, and live his life. The last scene with Dan broke my heart, it showed that he might be human after all.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~annie~:
<STRONG>This episode takes place right after the auction night, right? So, apparently, when Haley didn't come over at midnight, Nathan decided to clean up all the plastic and other crap left over by the painters and move some couches and a big screen TV in. The continuity on this show is awesome! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

</STRONG>

lol i never thought of that! hehehe

My Videos
Old 04-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I only saw like the last 10 minutes, but I have to say, they have officially made Brooke the most annoying person on the show, GET OVER IT! Geesh, I can't believe she would lie about something like that. That's just wrong. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] And I sa the previews for next weeks, Dan & Deb [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] she slaps him and then kisses him, thats hot! Wow! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

From what I saw it seemed like a good episode, but I have officially stopped feeling sorry for Brooke. She needs to leave town or something, because she's way too dramatic.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Addicted Fan

i'm not going to bother commenting on what everyone else has already discussed into the ground, but i did want to touch on the whole nikki thing. i can understand why no one likes her, we haven't been given any reason to like her yet. but i am suprised no one really seems to think jake is possibly making the wrong decision by actively cutting jenny's mother out of her life.

i really think jake needs to think about this more. i think he should tell nikki she has to prove she's around for the long haul, and she's in it for the right reasons. she should be back because she wants to be a mother to her daughter, not because she wants to be part of this happy make believe family. jake should tell her that she needs to get a place in town, get a job, get settled in. then she needs to start paying child support...including the back support for the year or so she's been gone. if, after some time...i'm thinking months, minimum, she has proven that she's mature and responsible enough now to be a positive presence in jenny's life, THEN she should start having supervised visitation, and then move on from there. just cutting her out completely just doesn't seem right to me. jenny will most likely resent him for making that decision for her.

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
Closed Thread   Post New Thread