Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey All,
I thought this episode was very emotional. I'm not the biggest Brooke fan anyway but what are they doing with her? I know what Lucas and Peyton did was wrong but she'll be lucky if that's the worse thing that ever happens to her. She needs to move on already, preferably to another storyline. I think it is so wrong that she lied to Lucas but I guess putting it into high school 15 year old speak I can kind of see it. Still doesn't make it right though. I'm glad Lucas was going to stand by her no matter what she decided though. I gotta say after tonight I don't see Brooke/Lucas EVER being a real couple. How many times does he have to say he never loved her? She needs to move on and find another man.

Dan: I loved the end with the baby pictures. That was totally surprising and sweet. Right when you think he is despicable he surprises you.

Naley: I think they are so sweet and loved the I love yous. He respects her and won't rush her [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I do agree that Nikki is a little psycho but she does seem to want to be a part of her daughter's life. I think they should try to work something out for the baby's sake.

Lucas/Peyton: I know they seem to be heading with Jake and Peyton for the time being but I have a feeling that Lucas and Peyton are gonna be their destined couple. I think they are prolonging their getting together to make it more suspenseful and they want to drag it out. There have been too many signs of destiny and all that with them. Of course I am a fan so who knows [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Previews: Look really funny. What a shock that paranoid Brooke befriends the person she knows hates Peyton [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out she's bar ****, lol
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
Old 04-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm a big Brooke fan so it's going to take a lot more to get me to hate her. But, lying about being pregnant was wrong. And so was Lucas for in a round about way calling her a ****. So, I can understand why she did it....and I can understand why he said what he said...emotions running high, fear, frustration. Also, the words I'm pregnant never came out of her mouth. All she said was, "What we did." Letting Lucas know that if she was pregnant it would be his.

Loved Nathan and Haley!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] The I Love You's were great and I'm glad I didn't miss that moment in their relationship since I've just started watching regularly and I've missed so much else.

Absolutely hate Dan. He has some stones to be able to say to Lucas' face that he tried to stop his exsistence. Showed he has a tiny soft spot, when he was looking at Lucas' baby pictures.

Jake, Peyton, and Jenny on the couch was sooooo cute. Get with the Peyton/Jake loving already will ya!

Bitch fight next week. Can't wait...hope Peyton kicks her bootay. [img]smilies/hammer_head.gif[/img]

Worried that Brooke's going to go back to being the Brooke that she apparently was at the beginning of the season. Really don't want that to happen...like her character and don't want the writers to make it impossible for me to like her. I don't even care anymore if Lucas and Brooke aren't together (that's not entirely true)....I just want Brooke to have non-crappy story lines. Also, hope Brooke joins in on the bootay kicking when she finds out that Lucas slept with Nikki too.

Alright, done for the night...signing off to do some French work. Au revoir! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited crzy4fun ]
Old 04-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Amazing episode! This is a landmark for Nathan and Haley I'm so glad he handled the sex situation so well. And an I love you to boot, that man is too perfect. Poor Lucas rough night..but at least its all over with, or so we think. It was cute how Dan had stuff from Lucas as a child, I guess deep down he does care, his speech earlier would have been good if he didn't say he wanted Karen to abort Lucas lol As for the rest of the gang it seems there will be some j/p action, nikki seems p*ssed..
Old 04-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Amazing episode! This is a landmark for Nathan and Haley I'm so glad he handled the sex situation so well. And an I love you to boot, that man is too perfect. Poor Lucas rough night..but at least its all over with, or so we think. It was cute how Dan had stuff from Lucas as a child, I guess deep down he does care, his speech earlier would have been good if he didn't say he wanted Karen to abort Lucas lol As for the rest of the gang it seems there will be some j/p action, nikki seems p*ssed..
Old 04-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Loyal Fan

CMM and Moira Kelly rock so much as a mother and son duo. I love it! Mostly I love Moira Kelly because I think she's awesome. Any sympathy or pity I had for Brooke is gone because there's no way she could justify her actions. Actions like hers have consequences, serious ones. I mean what she did is wrong on so many levels that I simply can't put it into words. Lucas may have been an ass, but he didn't deserve that. No one deserves it.

I don't know that I'll ever understand Dan. One minute he acts as if Karen having Lucas was the biggest mistake of his life and the next he's reminiscing over old pictures of the son he didn't want. Dude, what is your deal, seriously?

Haley and Nathan are cute. Peyton rocks! So sad for Keith and Nikki is one crazy mofo.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."
-Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Charity:
<STRONG>I don't know that I'll ever understand Dan. One minute he acts as if Karen having Lucas was the biggest mistake of his life and the next he's reminiscing over old pictures of the son he didn't want. Dude, what is your deal, seriously?
</STRONG>
Well, think about it he's spent all his time trying to control one son. And just as that's not working the one he tried to forget shows up asking for advice and then spitting it back at him. Being the manipulative a$$ that he is he's trying to figure all that out.

I knew they wouldn't make Brooke pregnant haveing one baby on the show is enough, I doubt they'd add another. Plus it would just be a repeat of Jake & Jenny except backward. I think Brooke was justified, she was hurt and when he wasn't patronizing her, he calling her a ****.
Nathan: Would you keep it down!
My Myspace
Old 04-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Nathan/Haley- Such an amazing episode! What a landmark for my fave couple! We got an I love you! They were just so cute together. So nervous, but obviously in love. And we saw an oh so shirtless Nathan. YUM! All and all a great Naley episode.

Brooke/Luke- Yeah Brooke was a bit ch for lying to Lucas, but lets remember she's in highschool. And high school girls tend to think with their emotions. She was upset about his reaction and put up defenses. One lie and betrayel may not deserve another, but lets try to remember that this is High School!

Lucas/Karen- CMM and Moira were amazing! Very powerful scenes! They made me love Lucas again! Incredible!

Peyton/Jake/Jenny/Nikki- I'm still hating Nikki who by the way looks 30 and I know that it won't change anytime soon. I'm gonna hate her for a long time! But I do adore Peyton/Jake and I loved how Peyton defended her place in both Jenny and Jakes life. Hopefully this is foreshadowing and these two finally get together. GO AWAY NIKKI!

Keith- Poor Keith! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] At least he is getting his closure

Dan- WOW! The man can actually boast a heart! It's good to see he cares, but I'm still in shock.

Looking forward to some Naley goodness and the Dan/Deb scenes. Hopefully Peyton kicks Nikki's ass and WTF is Brooke doing?!? Don't self destruct!

More later...

Love Ya,
marissa

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited *~SpikesLilAngel~* ]

Brooke & Lucas: There are eighty-two letters in here… and they’re all addressed to you
Old 04-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Since everyone is posting what they liked, im gonna post what i had beef with [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (this epi was good though [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

lucas being mr. one tree hill: How in the heck did that boy get to see practically EVERY person that lives in tree hill in one freakin day?! Every other scene he was with someone new like he was going to die or something. Gah!

Debs boobs:Seriously. In the words of chandler bing, could they BE pushed up any higher?!

Keith leaving: I dont know, i kinda liked him but i see why he would need to leave the show...he got rejected and that was really his only storyline. Still sad though [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] and did anyone else think that him and deb were gonna go at it?! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] maybe that was just me.

Brookes lie: And there it was. Sophia did a wonderful job tonight, but Brooke telling lucas she lied was so low. I understand where she is coming from to a point, but wow.

Stalker Nikki: Freaky. Just freaky.

Other than that, i loved it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The JL's were brilliant as ushual and the ILYs were perfect...they are in loooooove.

Promo:Bahahha! Dan and Deb! hahaha! and nikki and peyton, thats so freakin funny. Peyton got NAILED against that wall. RIP nathans apt!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Nathan/Haley were the highlight of the episode for me. I loved when they said they loved each other.

I had a hard time buying CMM's crying scene. Maybe it was the build-up to it or just the entire scene, but it just didn't work as well as I was hoping.

Uh...Peyton's awesome right now. Love her scenes with Jake, especially at the end when she was just holding Jenny with Jake. Really looking forward to next week's scenes too, heh.

Brooke... I'm not really sure what to think. I love Brooke, and I do understand why she didn't want Lucas' support or help. And I understand why she decided not to tell Lucas that she wasn't pregnant after all. What Lucas said to her was terrible. He did call her a ****. But it was also a horrible thing to lie about. Of all the things to lie about, especially to Lucas, being pregnant is one of the worst, I think. So I also understand why Lucas was upset, and I feel a little more for him than I do for Brooke right now.

Anyway, they really need to just avoid anymore teen pregnancy storylines.

Nicki actually has me really intrigued. I kind of like her, and I'd really like to know more about her history with Jake, why she left, and I want to see some more interaction with him.

Heh, I loved seeing those pictures of young Chad at the end though. Funny stuff.

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited RoxyBlueGirl7 ]
Old 04-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Jenny/Jake/Peyton Okay do I have to say how obsessed I am with Jake, and this whole show? No, I guess not. Lol. Anyways, I loved the episodes between the three of them, which were cute, awe-inspiring moments. When they were on his couch, I was like aww..what a cute family, even though Peyton isn't Jenny's real mom, she sure acts like it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Jake/LucasThat little chat that Jake had with Lucas, made me wonder, what did Jake think of Lucas getting himself into this? I mean Jake's been down Lucas' road before, however, Jake actually had the baby, and his girlfriend was actually pregnant.

JennyDid anyone think Jenny def. grew a lot since we last saw her? Or was it just me?

DanDoes this guy actually have a heart? Is his jackass attitude, actually a cover? I was beginning to think maybe he's not as bad as he makes himself out to be.

Karen/KeithGood for you turning him down, Karen! Keith, jumping the gun, much?

Nathan/HaleyThey were perfect! And like they said ILY..I love them!! They're just an awwing couple!! That makes no sense, but hey, this is t.v. we're talking about! Hehe. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Brooke Okay, any sympathy I had for her just went out the window. However, she's my age, and I understand where she's coming from, but what she did was just mean. Hello, fighting fire with fire, only brings you more fire! She's got a lot to learn.

NikkiShe's trying to be in her daughter's life, but I can understand Jake's reluctance. But she seriously does not like Peyton at all! As can be expected!

PeytonI like her! Okay drawing N+H was soo cute and so gr.10 of her!! lol. Her being a good babysitter to Jenny gets even more points! she's just awesome!! Lol. Can't wait for the Jeytonness.

LucasOkay..felt sorry for him at times. Seems like he was trying really hard not to be a jack@$$. Yeah, and what was with the chatting with everyone in one tree hill in this episode?

OverallThis episode was worth watching all the way :d but it seemed a little rushed? Just my opinion.
But OTH all the way!!

PreviewsIs it next tuesday yet? Cuz that episode is going to be good!! Nikki and Brooke [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] yeah like we didn't see that one coming. But Peyton and Nikki fighting..now that is going to be beyond fun to watch!! lol.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

I was thinking for a second...where was Whitey tonight? I would've loved to see him talking to Keith about Karen, or maybe Lucas could've confided in him about Brooke's 'pregnancy'. Heck, he could've even stopped by Dan's office and talked to him. It was definitely a Whitey-wisdom episode. I hope Barry Corbin wasn't sick or anything. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 04-20-2004, 10:20 PM
New Fan

Truly loved this episode! Best scene hands down was Dan looking at Lucas's baby pictures. This is what OTH is really about. Totally unexpected and awesome. Danny boy sure does hate that oldest son of his huh? Just goes to show that sometimes you have too read between the lines. That's why they call it subtext. As far as the melodrama goes, Haley and Nathan were so sweet they gave me a freaking tooth ache. It never fails to amaze me how short viewer's memories can be when they choose it. No one can deny that Nathan was a total D*ck when the show started. Now since he got with Haley, fans on chat boards act like he's the second coming. Please! Once a D*ck always a D*ck, give him time. Not that I don't like his character, or think he and Haley don't make a cute couple, the transition was just too quick and easy. As for all the Lucas haters out there, I say catch a clue. His character was bound to change given all the back to back changes in his life. Sure he acted the Ass upon occassion, but at the very core his character introduced at the start of the show never "really" changed. I mean come on, the main reason everybody watched the show to begin with was because of CMM. Sorry for the mini rant, just somthing I had to get off my chest.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Has anyone even considered that maybe Brooke lied at the end and she really is pregnant and just doesn't want to saddle Lucas with a baby with someone he doesn't love?

Regardless the writers trying to assainate Brooke's character to prop up their Mary Sue won't work with me I'm not that easily swayed. Yes what Brooke did was wrong but it was in the heat of the moment after Lucas hurt her and after that she didn't have a chance to talk to him.

Mere
avi by Beth
Old 04-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Lucas/Karen:ok so the slap was just what would be expected of a mother. She finds out her son basically made the same mistake she made and in that one instant she let her anger out but then when she was telling him she didnt want it for him it gave me chills. The whole scene when they went in his room and he like started to cry. He knew he screwed up and he knew he had to deal with it and the way Karen was holding him and...just amazing. Moira is such an amazing actress and CMM did such a fantastic job in this scene that it was breathtaking. Then the scene at the end when he told her she wasnt pregnant and Karen asked if he was ok and he said no..that was what would be expected. I mean it was clear he was accepting the idea of being a father, and in a way i think he realized that it wouldnt be such a bad thing..and he was prepared and bam! a slap in the face and it was all a lie. it was like everything he was feeling and thinking...

Dan/Lucas:Dan going to see Lucas i think was not as much as him rubbing in his face that he is just like him..i think in a way Dan was showing him what it was like on the other side, and the whole abortian thing was wrong of him to say but it was expected. hell its Dan afterall. Then when Lucas went to see Dan..and Dan pulled out the pictures in the end..it shows there is something more to the man that meets the eye. And though he seems like he does not care in a way deep down...Lucas is a part of him and I think he feels like he missed out on his life..

Haley/Nathan:uh..wow wow wow wow wow wow. Just the whole scene when he told her he loved her? i mean there is nothing more to say. it was everything i hoped it would be. it was honest and you could tell nathan was a little scared to say it because he never felt it..not with peyton so it was a new thing for him..

Jake/Peyton/Jenny/Nikki:Nikki is a whore man. A big fat "woe is me save me please before i go screw one of my ex boyfriends other friends and end up having another kid who i can abandon" whore. she needs to realize you cant just walk back into jennys life. jenny is the most important thing to jake and he will do whatever he can to save her from the hurt nikki caused him. And peyton being there when nikki showed up? so great. not to mention how peyton defended her place to nikki. and of course the end scene? so adorable yet creepy...Nikki is gonna be a total stalker like a stray dog that needs to be PUT DOWN!

Lucas/Brooke:Ok, so a LOT of people are soo mad at Brooke for the lie but i'm not. i get it. shes a teenager. i mean god she was hurt and she was betrayed and she loved..loves him and he cheated on her and she was hurt and she wanted to give him payback and you know what? now he knows what it feels like to feel betrayed and lied to. and it was not a good idea but it was a idea and she did what she wanted and maybe she felt better but it hurt her more knowing that he was willing to stay with her.

i'll be back with more later.
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Closed Thread   Post New Thread