Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

#119 "How Can You Be Sure" Episode Discussion

How Can You Be Sure
60 minutes

Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) must make a difficult decision regarding Brooke (Sophia Bush). Haley (Bethany Joy Lenz) considers having sex with Nathan (James Lafferty).
Hilarie Burton, Paul Johansson, Barbara Alyn Woods, Craig Sheffer, Barry Corbin and Moira Kelly also star. Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Karyn Usher.

~~

Post away!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Can't wait! Only 3 hours away!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Ohh yay!

I'm excited for some Haley and Nathan nekkidness. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[Zales]
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]
Old 04-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by zales00:
<STRONG>Ohh yay!

I'm excited for some Haley and Nathan nekkidness. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[Zales]</STRONG>
Girl I hear you! Nekkidness is great!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Loyal Fan

ooooo yea- nekkidness [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] hehe- Can't wait!!! Only about 5 mins away!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Old 04-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

i can't believe that after everything Dan did and said during this episode my heart still broke when I saw him looking through Lucas' baby pictures. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Girl fight next week! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Not as great as last week's but watchable [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ETA:: I didn't catch the first 10 minutes of today's ep so I don't know what was going on between Lucas/Brooke at first, but I called my friend and she told me that he said that he wasn't sure if the kid was his. That enfuriates me to no end; I wish there was a way for girla to say that to guys and not make it sound like one is a ****. Whatever. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Did we ever see when Karen said "no" to Keith?, cause I pretty much took it as a given last week, but I don't really remember if she actually said "no".

Ok, Nathan/Haley, the cutest! [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] It was a very real way to do it, the "I Love You's" I mean. She freaking out about being in love for the first time and telling all of her friends about it and him just coming out and say it without telling anyone else about it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just thought it was really cute. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

ok, about the lie. It was pretty mean on Brooke's part to lie to Luke the second after finding out she wasn't pregnant, but I can understand why she lied, after putting myself back in High School mentality, of course. At 23 I would never do that. But at 15-16 I guess I would also react that way; cause forgetting how the whole thing is affecting Lucas, the girl was thinking about how the whole thing was affecting HER. I'm not condoning (sp?) her actions whatsoever, but I'm just saying that I understand why she lied. From my 23-year-old POV she doesn't another chance with him, but we gotta remember they're still in High School and they're still kids, they don't know what they're doing, they think they know, but they have absolutely no clue. Hell, I don't know still!

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited ¤}{îÖ¤ ]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 04-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Sorry Double Post. :sad:

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited Baby Britney ]
Master Fan

Tonights episode was so emotionally filled, my favorite part was when Haley and Nathan were sitting on the bench and nathan said he loved her, and haley kissed him and said it back. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] and the whole baby thing, one minute she pregnant the next she isen't, kinda confusing. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Overall i thought it was good.

But did you see scene's from next weeks eppy? Looks like fun. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Part-Time Fan

i just lost all respect for brooke. that was so mean.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

okay, how much does Peyton rock? A LOT. I loved the eye liner comment to Nikki! And I can't wait to see the cat fight, lol!
Brooke was mean, but I still feel sorry for her.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

I always hated Brooke and tonight proved why. Ugh, such an ass she is. Nathan and Haley totally cute with their "ILY's". Peyton and Jake just need to kill Nikki and become a family. Nikki is like Brooke, annoying, I can't believe she went to Lucas so he can hide what the did from Jake. Besides Nikki looks 30. Dan made me cry looking at the Lucas pictures and articles at the end. He cared but never wanted anyone to know. That tugs at my heart. Tonight was emotional in so many ways. The writers branched away from the comical last two ep and went back to the drama we all love to watch. Great job, great ep.

Peyton and Lucas-The new Bonnie and Clyde

I'll miss you Michael and Daniella
Old 04-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

This episode was OK. I was looking forward to it all week, like I seriously had dreams about watching it, so I guess I was a little dissapointed after all of the hype I made. It wasn't bad, just kind of slow.
Brooke was kind of evil tonight, but I could see why she did what she did a little. Not that I condone it, but it was almost justifiable.
I didn't feel that bad for Lucas. It was like, "Eh, who cares? You made your bed now lie in it," type of thing (no pun intended.)
Naley was boring. Still not too fond of them.
Actually, my favorite part was Haley and Peyton. I like them being friends. Who needs Brooke when you have Tutor Girl?
And did anyone else notice that when Nikki was looking through the window she looked like she was seriously going to shoot Peyton? I wasn't surprised by the previews at all.

K, think I am done now.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 04-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Well, this episode was...alright. Nowhere near as good as the last two weeks but whatev.

Way to go writers. Was it in your right minds to make people hate Brooke (some more so than others)? Honestly, though, I don't hate her. In fact, I do like Brooke (she's last on my list though). What she did to Lucas was so unbelievably childish. Yes, he cheated on you with your best friend. Either put up with it or shut up. Maybe it's the writers plan to drag this Brooke being mad thing out as long as they can, but it's making me bored. She's capable of better storylines than this crap. Lucas may have been a total assface lately, but no one deserves to think that they are going to be a parent only to have it be taken away and say "Oh just kidding." My god, move on from it already.

I was happy that Lucas was planning to stay with her. It was a very mature decision on his part. Does this mean I am forgiving him for everything? No, but he is getting more tolerable.

Haley and Nathan were all cute in the end. I admit, I let out a girlish squeal when he said he fell in love with her. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Can I get some of him, please?

Nikki freaks me out. I'm sorry, but she has this weird thing about her. Like she's going to snap or something. With her watching Peyton, Jake, and Jenny just freaked me out.

Speaking of, awww at the Peyton & Jake-ness. With her reaching around him and putting the pillow out for him. Bah with the Lucas/Peyton and bring on the Peyton/Jake. They have so much damn chemistry. And while we're on the subject -&gt; make Jake a regular because I love him and want to have his babies.

I hated Dan throughout the whole episode but when he was looking through the pictures, I got the feeling of something being hidden. Was I the only one who felt this? Possibly more secrets?

I'm probably the only one, but good riddance, Keith! Come back when you grow a spine! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Sorry, I'm sorry. But did he honestly expect Karen to marry him? THEY NEVER EVEN DATED!!! I just want to see him do something good for him.

That's all for now.

And next week - Woah!

Ew at the Lucas/Peyton going together. Keep the Jake/Peyton thing moving along.

A big, fat "I TOLD YOU SO" at Nikki being a psycho and starting a fight.

And was that Nikki and Brooke hanging out? What the...

That's all my 2 cents. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 08:53 PM
New Fan

Wow! Too much happened I thought! That was so cold what Brooke did! I seriously hate her even more now! I felt so bad for Lucas when he was crying! He was truly thinking about what was going on then Brooke goes and tell him she lied! And Karen turned down Keith! That was so sad I thought I mean she knows that Keith truly care about her..just give it a chance! And Nikki it looks like she wanted to kill Peyton in that last scene...I was just like Woah...Calm down! So did Nathan and Haley have sex, now that Haley knows how he feels about her? I was so mad we were having a bad storm so the warnings and beeping kept coming on the bottom of the screen! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] But next week is gonna be awesome! The party at Nathans and may I add it seems Lucas is pretty physced about it! Peyton and Nikki fight! Brooke and Nikki become friends? Dan and Deb whats gonna happen?!?!
Old 04-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

I felt really bad for Brooke tonight. I wouldn't have lied to Lucas, but she was angry. People do dumb ***** when they're angry. You can tell she still cares about him, and it wasn't malicious.

Nathan!Haley!love. That scene on the bench has to be one of my favorite scenes between them. The look on Haley's face was priceless. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nicki watching baby Jenny, Peyton and Jake: scary stalker momma. If you want to see your kid, you better wise up before Jake slaps a restraining order on you, girl.

Karen/Keith: Aww. Don't pawn the ring. It's so final, Keith. Karen has to find herself? What are you, sixteen? I understand she had to grow up fast when she had Lucas, but she's so much more than a mom. She's a successful business woman, a good friend, she's motivated. You can have a life and your man too!

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread