Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim'sLoveSlave:
<STRONG>Has anyone even considered that maybe Brooke lied at the end and she really is pregnant and just doesn't want to saddle Lucas with a baby with someone he doesn't love?

</STRONG>
Ohhhh....well crap, now I'm torn. I doubt that that's what it is, but I love that theory. If that is what Brooke's doing then that's very selfless on her part...IMHO. Well, now I'm going to be watching everything more closely now for little signs.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PHILA4james:
<STRONG>Keith leaving: I dont know, i kinda liked him but i see why he would need to leave the show...he got rejected and that was really his only storyline. Still sad though [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Whoa. Am I missing something? Any official news that Craig is leaving the show?

Si nous n'étions pas d'ici
Nous serions l'infini
Old 04-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tonight's show was okay, but there was something missing, and I couldn't put my finger on it right away... then I realized, it was because there was NO MOUTH! He's a big reason why I loved the last two episodes so much, and it sort of felt a little empty without him. Why doesn't Lucas talk to Mouth about this whole pregnancy thing, that would have been an interesting conversation given the date Mouth had just had with Brooke. I really hope that the writers wise up and realize that Mouth is an asset to the show. The episodes without him and Jake have been the least interesting.

Icon - Davis-Scott
Old 04-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Brooke's usually one of my favorite characters, but today I was just disappointed in her. I didn't like that she lied to Lucas, even though it was in the heat of the moment. Hope they don't continue with the self-destructing path Brooke seems to be on. It's time they let her move on, and go back to the fun loving, somewhat mean, girl that she was (back even before she got together with Lucas).

Dan surprised me this episode. At first I was thinking that he couldn't be an even bigger bastard than he already was, when he told Lucas about how he wanted to abort him. That was just cold. But then at the end, when he pulled out an article, and started looking at the pictures of Lucas... Deep, deep, deep down, I think what he really regrets is not being a father to him. Gah. I just want the show to explore more of the Dan/Lucas relationship, and stop with the Nikki garbage.

Speaking of Nikki... Um, stalk much? Lets see... She stalked Peyton at the school, stalked Lucas at home. And that end scene when she was looking at Jake, Peyton and Jenny (who all looked so cozy together, by the way)? Crazy.

Peyton and Jake were adorable as usual.

Quote:
Originally posted by RoxyBlueGirl7:
<STRONG>Heh, I loved seeing those pictures of young Chad at the end though. Funny stuff.</STRONG>
Hee. Those pics of Chad were cute.

As for the previews...

No more Lucas/Peyton please. I don't mind them as much as friends, but them going to the party together? Don't like those undertones.

I'm thinking that Brooke and Nikki befriend each other because Brooke pretty much has no one. Just wondering though if Brooke knows that Nikki is the bar ****.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

In general I try to give Brooke the benefit of the doubt, even though she has always been my least favorite character, but she was plain pathetic tonight. I could not stand finding out that she lied to Lucas. That was cold and slightly evil. I don't care how much of a dick Lucas can be, she had NO RIGHT to flat out lie to him. You DO NOT lie about something like this. What she did was just plain wrong and I lost lots of respect for her, but I did not respect her much to begin with, so what little I did respect of her is gone now. Ugh.

Peyton. Love her, love her, love her. She rocks. Love her one liners to Nikki. Hope Peyton kicks Nikki's ass next episode.

Speaking of Nikki, the girl is so scary weird. She is like a stalker! Her looks and spying were bizarre. Peyton needs to shove her teeth down her throat next episode! Hee.

Peyton/Jake/Jenny.. Adorable. Adorable! I just love them! Jakey and Peyton are SOOOOOO gonna happen! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And I am loving it!

Peyton and Haley. Their friendship keeps getting better and better. Love them.

Nathan and Haley. Cute. The "I love you's" was sweet and touching. Good Naley moments tonight.

Lucas.. I actually sort of felt sorry for him tonight. He was completely dicked around by Brooke whenever she decided to be cruel and evil by withholding the truth. He really did step it up and was planning on doing the responsible thing.

Keith. Man, is this guy a snore for me. So freaking boring and dull. Hello, did he actually expect Karen to accept the proposal? I am glad that he moved on from the rejection and hopefully he will be gone for good. I used to like Keith at the beginning, but he has no substance. He is so dull. Nice guy but does not keep my interest in the least.

Dan. I don't know what to feel. One minute I despise him, and the next minute I feel sorry for him. No sure what to think quite yet.

All in all, decent episode.

I can't wait for more Jakey and Peyton. I love them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited Wilpen ]
Old 04-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Extreme Fan

My thoughts :

Lucas/Brooke - It pains me to say this, but I've really been feeling Lucas' character these past couple of episodes. As soon as Brooke told him he went into damage control mode and was very in control which surprised me a little. He was trying to do the right thing and I totally get that Brooke is still angry and bitter, I would be too. I really don't like the way they did this storyline though. It could've been so much better. The Danny Jr. comment was harsh, and so was his reply, but when the stakes are high, you aim low. And Brooke is still hurting, and to have the possibility of a baby in her future had to have scared her quite a bit. I can't believed she lied to him about it though. I really like Brooke, I have since the beginning, but that was a really really *****ty thing to do. Sophia's "How could you cheat on me with my best friend?" Was heartbreaking though. I wanted to give both of them a hug at the end of this episode.

Keith - Um, sorry, I don't like Keith anymore. I used to, I really did. This is going a little overboard. I loved Karen's little speech telling him she can't marry him. She didn't scream, "Get away from me you crazy b*stard." Which was a good start. The Keith/Deb scene just had me yelling at my tv. Him and Karen didn't even date, why would she marry him? Baffling. I really think him leaving will do him some good. He needs to see life outside of Tree Hill, away from Karen.

Nathan/Haley - Perfection. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I love the way she woke him up. It was too cute. Starting his shower, huh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] The pool scene would've been nice to see. They're confusion angered me at first, I was like, "Sit down and talk about it, dammit!" It was like I knew they weren't communicationg and they knew that they weren't communicating, but they weren't doing anything about it. But the last scene totally made it up for me. "And it scared me a little bit, but...there it is." "Well, there it is." Oh, my little heart jumped for joy. It's like I'm in love for God's sakes, I have this big goofy smile on my face. I need a life in the worst way [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] .

Nikki/Jake/Peyton - Ok if that biatch walked into my house and reached for my child I would've dragged her by the hair to the curb. I found it interesting that Peyton was there before school. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] Interesting. So this is how Nikki gets all her boys, she hangs around the school yard while school is in session, intimidating their love interests. I liked the last scene, with Peyton putting the pillow under Jake's head. While I am kind of enthralled with Jake and Nikki's past, I really like Jake and Peyton. Let's get these two kids together.

Dan/Deb - Um, Deb, honey, learn to lock your door, would ya? Dan was barking up the wrong tree when he went to see Lucas. I don't even know why he would attempt to talk to him about that. It just doesn't make sense in my head.

Nathan/Lucas - This whole scene seemed outta place for me. It just didn't flow with anything.

Karen/Lucas - Wow. Powerful. That has to be the hardest thing to tell your mother, that the one thing she didn't want for you is the one thing that happened. The slap was weak though. It looked so much better in the preview. This is the scene were Lucas had me though. I felt so bad for him.

Random - In the Haley/Peyton scene, BJL looked absolutely gorgeous. I found it kinda wierd that Peyton was painting N/H initials on her wall. Wait, Nathan doesn't have a job yet? Is he absolutely stark raving mad? I had such high hopes for a Peyton/Brooke reconcilliation, and they were dashed very, very quickly. Why would you mention Lucas you crazy girl. That's the one sore subject you should've avoided. I loved the Lucas/Haley scene in the cafe. Too cute. I really enjoy their friendship. So that's why Nikki's back now...St. Luke, I thought we had gotten rid of you [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] "Everybody makes decisions they regret." What is Dan's life like that he hates his own son that much? I don't even understand why he acts that way towards Lucas. I kinda liked Dashboard's cover of Everybody Hurts. Is that wrong?

Previews - B*tchfight whaaaat! I cannot wait. Really, really can't wait. Ugh, Dan and Deb, I don't really care.

Quotes -

"I told her the sorry bro-ho kicked my ass to the curb."

"You can tell your friend Karen that her son was coming out of a family planning clinic...with a date."

"If you need some extra money I could always be your suga momma."

"It just keeps coming up. Sorry...wrong words."

xoxo
Brittany

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited HisGirlFriday ]

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 04-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's like I'm in love for God's sakes, I have this big goofy smile on my face. I need a life in the worst way .
Ahahhha Brittany, you and me both [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

PS: anyone else find the Lucas and Haley scene HYSTERICAL [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

A quick question and then I'll post my thoughts on the whole episode tomorrow, but at the end when you see the co-stars. I saw the Brett Claywell (Tim) was listed, where was he? I don't remember seeing him.
"Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same." ~ Flavia

N. + H.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Banned

I was reading eeveryones' comments because I live on the westcoast and Brookes' lying seemed so small after what I was expecting. Brooke did think she was pregnant and let Lucas think it for another day. WooWoo, not totally unrealistic when you are a high schooler. Not the best call but whatever, characters on this show lie and scheme all the time. Drama, drama, drama. Next week looks good, Nikki & Peyton! Can't wait. I really like Jake & Peyton. And I still like Brooke, problems and all.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Total Fan

Thought I'd post these here since I have them. I'll probably take them down in a week so if anyone wants them save them.

Clickety Click. Caps are all 640x480

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited -Allison- ]
Old 04-21-2004, 12:02 AM
New Fan

If it was reality, indeed Brooke is wrong for lying to Lucas, but you got to give her a break b/c they were arguing at the time. You say and do the wrong things when you're mad.

As the audience, it shows us how Lucas only cared about her JUST because she's pregnant. If she wasn't, he probably wouldn't give a d*amn about her too much. He doesn't even show much feelings about the whole Peyton-Brooke fiasco until now. It's just in this episode that Brooke confronts him about this whole ordeal...and he stops to reflect...like when he asked Peyton about what she thinks about the 3 of them....but at the end you could tell he was just mixed with emotions about Brooke not being pregnant....he seems kind of dissappointed maybe?...rather than the Peyton- Brook fiasco.

But yea, I think they should find another male lead for the show and for Brooke. Though I would like to see Brooke win Lucas's heart one day, it looks like the WB is either heading him to Peyton or Haley...which fails to gain my devotion lol. Well, it's good enough, Chad's with Sophia in reality!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim'sLoveSlave:
<STRONG>Has anyone even considered that maybe Brooke lied at the end and she really is pregnant and just doesn't want to saddle Lucas with a baby with someone he doesn't love?
</STRONG>
A really interesting theory but I kinda doubt it. I've read posts speculating that Brooke was crying in the end because she was really pregnant. The way I see it, Brooke was crying in the end because she felt like her life's kinda messed up, you know, because her boyfriend & best friend cheated on her, after the whole scare of being pregnant and then lying to Lucas about it. I dont think that Brooke crying has something to do with her being really pregnant.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone! I normally don't watch One Tree Hill. (I'm a That '70s Show freak myself.) It just so happens that I stayed in my dorm room tonight, and my roommate turned on OTH. Which means I get to watch it by default. Hahaha.

Wow. Good episode tonight.

Nathan/Haley - CUTE. Nathan has really grown since I last watched the show. Which was The Pilot. I'm so surprised that Nathan is willing to wait until Haley is ready to have sex. Good for Nathan!

Moira Kelly is an awesome actress. Wow. Loved the scene where Lucas tells her Brooke is pregnant.

Dan is a very interesting character. The last scene where he looks at Lucas's pictures? I want to see more of that explored.

Peyton has also changed a lot since I last watch OTH. I actually like her now. The angsty thing does not sit well with her. I also like how Peyton and Haley are becoming better friends.

Finally, I think it's sweet yet disturbing that Lucas is so protective of Haley. Whoa. Big brother-esque? Or not? Hmm.

I really like how this show talks about some serious issues. Other shows have teens having sex 24-7 without any consequences. All OTH needs is some talk about STD's ... hahaha.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

Argggggg! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Not only did my station come in horrible for tonight show for the first half. So I missed the scene where Haley comes to wake up Nathan.

But there was a broadcast that interupted the episode, I could see what was going on. But I couldn't hear the dialouge, so I missed the entire scene where Haley and Nathan had just gone swiming.

The TV Gods hates me! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Well at least Sunday not that far away and I can set up my VCR to record OTH. So there is hope! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

At least I got to hear Nathan and Haley say I love you to each other. And I'm so happy that he said it first and she responded with a kiss first, then told him she loves him back. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And its good that I can read everybody recap of the episode, so least I can form it in my mind.

Just one more thing to say...
Haley/Nathan and Peyton/Jake were great and I hope to see more of these two couples in the future.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited cherrios ]
Old 04-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cherrios:
<STRONG>Just one more thing to say...
Haley/Nathan and Peyton/Jake were great and I hope to see more of these two couples in the future.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited cherrios ]</STRONG>
Ditto.