Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
but i did want to touch on the whole nikki thing. i can understand why no one likes her, we haven't been given any reason to like her yet. but i am suprised no one really seems to think jake is possibly making the wrong decision by actively cutting jenny's mother out of her life.
I would be interested to hear what other people have to say about this. I am certainly no expert in the area, so I wouldn't really know where to start. The one thing I know for sure is that I would like to see Jake and Peyton get together.

Like I said, it would be cool if other people expressed how they feel about the Jake/Jenny/Nikki situation.

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Total Fan

Annie...LMAO. Hmm, stay out on date until Midnight, get up crack of dawn, go to school, sleep thru first hour. OK! I totally forgot about the plastic everywhere! And what up with the flat screen TV Nathan was sporting. GO DEB! Take care of our boy.

Hey Ashlyn...KC is finally getting decent weather.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

carrie the drunken slayer I agree with you, while I understand why Jake doesn't want Nikki to be apart of Jenny's life, I still think that he should give her a chance.

Nikki wasn't ready to have a baby, both her and Jake were scared. She ran, while Jake took responsibility. Maybe now she realizes that she made a mistake, and she wants to make up for it. She needs to prove that she wants to be in Jenny's life, and that she won't run again.

Jake is hurt and angry because she left him once already, Jenny was a baby then so she doesn't know anything about Nikki. I think that he's worried that this time Nikki will stay around for a long time, Jenny will grow up and form a bond with her and then Nikki will split again. At the same time though if he keeps Jenny away from Nikki, Jenny might grow up to resent Jake from keeping her away from her mother.

There are no guarantees about how the situation will turn out, but I think Jake needs to at least think about giving Nikki a chance at being a real mother to Jenny.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by carrie the drunken slayer:
<STRONG> just cutting her out completely just doesn't seem right to me. jenny will most likely resent him for making that decision for her.</STRONG>
I agree. I don't like that he's keeping her daughter away from her mother. Sure she messed up big time by leaving, but she still is the child's mother. I think this is gonna come back to bite him in the ass, sooner rather than later. As Jenny's mother she has legal rights to see her. If she goes to court she will get visitation or, worse, may be awarded custody. I don't know what the laws are on abandonment but I do think as mother she has custody. When she left Jake she probably didn't legally hand over custody of the baby to him. He could challenge it on grounds of abandonment (and probably will) but I think he'd have to prove that she's an unfit mother to get full custody. If she gets an apartment and a paying job she'll be tough to fight in court. Right now Nikki's making it easy for him by not taking legal action. There have been cases where mothers left their children for years because of a drug habit and returned sober to win custody. Nikki probably isn't a drug addict and she's been gone less than a year, so Jake should attempt to work things out before he tries to cut Nikki permanently out of Jenny's life. After all, two episodes ago she said to him "I'm gonna be in Jenny's life--with or without you." I think she intends to fight.

However, on the off chance she gives up and Jake keeps Jenny to himself, she WILL totally be hurt by him. He'll be lucky if she ever forgives him. She'll grow up missing her mom only to find out that Nikki came back when she was about a year old but dear old dad sent her packing. Peyton should talk to Jake about this. It's clear he doesn't want to be with Nikki so she shouldn't be threatened in that way. If she cares about Jenny she should talk some sense into that boy! I know she's having fun in the "mommy" role but she is still a kid too and what happens when Jenny gets older and wants more than Peyton can give her?

Worse still, as I was thinking about this morning, for all we know Nikki could pull something out of her hat like, "Jake, you're not her father!" Nikki does have a shady past and it hasn't been established yet (i dont think) if Jake and Jenny took a paternity test. Then it wouldn't matter what Nikki did, she would be awarded full custody of Jenny because Jake would have no legal standing.

Anyway, the whole situation is distressing. I know alot of people are like "Nikki should go away! Jake/Peyton 4ever!" but the situation is more complex than that.

*Bandbabe*

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited Bandbabe ]

My fics: Fadam / Badam / Rebel
Old 04-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Loyal Fan

[ double post.. ]

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited Bandbabe ]

My fics: Fadam / Badam / Rebel
Old 04-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought this episode was rather slow and too many things were going on at once. Maybe I was just anticipating it too much...

I love me some Jake and Peyton. And Hilarie looked gorgeous in that scene with Nikki (who, by the way, is about forty and needs to go.away.now!)

I'm usually a big Nathan/Haley fan, but I thought they were very lackluster in this episode (which is sad, because they finally said ILY). I think they are adorable but I think the actors lack physical chemistry together (the kissing on the bed was rather unispired, which pains me to say because when they first got together I thought they were verry passionate). I definitely understand Nathan freaking over the tatoo (I would!) and I liked that the sex issue was resolved in an intelligent manner. I just think the ILYs could've been so much better if they had come in a different episode. Don't get me wrong, the scene had me smiling, but not outright squealing like I should've been. Despite all this, I still love me some N/H, I just hope they aren't restricted to always being the "cute" ones - give me some angst!

Also, Haley's come-ons, (ie: "Hungry for you") were painful. I laughed.

I don't like Lucas and I do love Brooke, though what she did was wrong. Sophia is a great actress and the only time I was really invested last night was when Brooke admitted that she lied. Good stuff, right there.

Next week looks good, go Peyton!

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited busybuzz ]
Old 04-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PHILA4james:
<STRONG>
Debs boobs:Seriously. In the words of chandler bing, could they BE pushed up any higher?!

</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I noticed that too! I thought I was the only one who did! That was too funny!
Old 04-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandbabe:
<STRONG>

Anyway, the whole situation is distressing. I know alot of people are like "Nikki should go away! Jake/Peyton 4ever!" but the situation is more complex than that.

*Bandbabe*

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited Bandbabe ]</STRONG>
big.fat.word. don't get me wrong, i despise nikki and i can't wait to see jake and peyton get together, but that's not all that has to be considered here. whether she deserves it or not, jake needs to at least open his mind to the possibility of letting nikki in jenny's life. just take some baby steps towards it at least. if she blows it again, good riddance. i realize that will hurt jenny, especially if she's older when it happens, but at least jake can know without a doubt that he never did anything to hurt jenny...the blame lies soley with nikki.

and who knows, maybe it'll work out for the best. i have friends who split while she was pregnant and the father was totally absentee for the baby's first year. since then they've worked through their issues and i'd now say with total certainty that her father is one of the best thing going in that little girls life.

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
Old 04-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~annie~:
<STRONG>As for the whole Brooke thing, I love her more and more with each passing episode. She, Dan, and Nathan are by far the most human characters on this show, and I adore her layers.
There is no question that telling Lucas that she was pregnant when she wasn't was wrong, but it wasn't premeditated... unlike some other things on this show. Everyone has said or done something in the heat of the moment that they regreted and that ended up hurting someone, and the way SB played it at the end, it came off to me that she let him wait so long because she was scared to tell him the truth. I didn't feel like she was trying to make him suffer as some sort of grand revenge scheme. She made a mistake because she was hurt, but she owned up to it, and kudos to her for that. But that's just my opinion.
</STRONG>
I just have to say i agree with you. Alot of people are making out as if Brooke thought "Let me get back at Lucas and purposely hold out that im not pregnant". It was not premeditated. She said it in the heat of the moment in the middle of a fight when Lucas had just called her a ****. I dont think i really blame her for lying at that point. And then she held out for a while probably because she was dealing with not being pregnant after all. Its not like she made the whole thing up. She did think she was pregnant.

I love Brooke even more after this ep actually. And Sophia kicked ass. I felt for Lucas and Brooke at the end. And im glad Lucas didnt stay mad at her for lieing either. He understood why she did it.

And about Brooke needing to "get over it" and get a new storyline. Well, i would hate that because its unrealistic. You dont just "get over" your boyfriend, the first guy you really really liked (loved even) cheating on you with your BEST friend.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~annie~:
<STRONG>As for the whole Brooke thing, I love her more and more with each passing episode. She, Dan, and Nathan are by far the most human characters on this show, and I adore her layers.
There is no question that telling Lucas that she was pregnant when she wasn't was wrong, but it wasn't premeditated... unlike some other things on this show. Everyone has said or done something in the heat of the moment that they regreted and that ended up hurting someone, and the way SB played it at the end, it came off to me that she let him wait so long because she was scared to tell him the truth. I didn't feel like she was trying to make him suffer as some sort of grand revenge scheme. She made a mistake because she was hurt, but she owned up to it, and kudos to her for that. But that's just my opinion.
</STRONG>
I just have to say i agree with you. Alot of people are making out as if Brooke thought "Let me get back at Lucas and purposely hold out that im not pregnant". It was not premeditated. She said it in the heat of the moment in the middle of a fight when Lucas had just called her a ****. I dont think i really blame her for lying at that point. And then she held out for a while probably because she was dealing with not being pregnant after all. Its not like she made the whole thing up. She did think she was pregnant.

I love Brooke even more after this ep actually. And Sophia kicked ass. I felt for Lucas and Brooke at the end. And im glad Lucas didnt stay mad at her for lieing either. He understood why she did it.

And about Brooke needing to "get over it" and get a new storyline. Well, i would hate that because its unrealistic. You dont just "get over" your boyfriend, the first guy you really really liked (loved even) cheating on you with your BEST friend.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by carrie the drunken slayer:
<STRONG>i really think jake needs to think about this more. i think he should tell nikki she has to prove she's around for the long haul, and she's in it for the right reasons. she should be back because she wants to be a mother to her daughter, not because she wants to be part of this happy make believe family. jake should tell her that she needs to get a place in town, get a job, get settled in. then she needs to start paying child support...including the back support for the year or so she's been gone. if, after some time...i'm thinking months, minimum, she has proven that she's mature and responsible enough now to be a positive presence in jenny's life, THEN she should start having supervised visitation, and then move on from there.</STRONG>
I agree. I think right now, Jake is just acting out of bitter feelings left over from the fact that she just up and left. I mean, it's only been nine months and abandoning your child is kind of *****ty. Jake seems like a really good, sensible guy so I think once he moves past his hurt, he'll do the right thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~ :
<STRONG> I love Brooke even more after this ep actually. And Sophia kicked ass. I felt for Lucas and Brooke at the end. And im glad Lucas didnt stay mad at her for lieing either. He understood why she did it.

</STRONG>
Word. Sophia kicked ass this episode, and I can see why Brooke did what she did. And I don't think it's really been that long since the cheating was revealed to Brooke (because of hiatus, it seems like it's been longer than it's been in Tree Hill) and I know I would still be pissed at my best friend and my ex. Lucas meant a lot to Brooke, he was the first guy she came across that she liked (loved) enough to change her ways for, and it came back and bit her in the ass. I don't want this dropped. I'd like to see how it plays out.

xoxo
Brittany

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 04-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I love Brooke, and it's going to take me a hella lot more for me to hate her then this. Sure, screwing around with Lucas's head is pretty *****ty, but I think what makes it worse is that Karen was brought into this. I'm sure it wasn't Brooke's intention to cause so much drama, but she did. And I understand where she's coming from. I don't see this as a way of destroying the character of Brooke and propping up Peyton. Rather, to put them into a little more perspective...?

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~:
<STRONG>I just have to say i agree with you. Alot of people are making out as if Brooke thought "Let me get back at Lucas and purposely hold out that im not pregnant". It was not premeditated. She said it in the heat of the moment in the middle of a fight when Lucas had just called her a ****.</STRONG>
See, Peyton is also one of my favorite characters. And this right here is exactly my opinion on the whole Brooke/Lucas/Peyton issue. Peyton didn't plan to betray and hurt her best friend. It wasn't like she was scheming to take Lucas away from Brooke. She's weak when it comes to Lucas and in CCIPC, they were in the heat of the moment. And just like it was pretty *****ty of Brooke to hold the truth about the pregnancy from Lucas, it was also pretty *****ty for Lucas and Peyton to go around doing the things they did. One might be a worse then the other, but when it comes down to it, what they did was crappy, it was never intentional or planned out. That was a little OT. Heh. Sorry about that.

To get back ont he subject, I don't think Brooke is evil. She made a mistake. It must've hurt her for Lucas to say the things he did, and I can see why she lied. Not that this excuses her from anything, but I understand why she did it.

Regarding the Jake/Nikki situation, WORD to those who say that Jake might be making a mistake. Don't get me wrong, I love Jake. But I can't help but feel that when Jenny is older, she might resent him for keeping her away from her mother. I really don't like Nikki at all. But she is her mother.

-esther
Old 04-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I was not that crazy about this ep. H&N are usually my favs, but for me, they just didnt work this week. I did think Brooke was really good. One of the first times I really felt she was a 3D character. I use to really like Lucas, but as the show goes on, I am finding him the worse of the two scott boys. Jake and Peyton are good together! Anyway, an OK ep....I wanted to like it more, but just way too much happening
Old 04-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

deb's a hot momma
Old 04-21-2004, 05:24 PM
New Fan

My pointless thoughts on the eppie

NO WODA!!!! WTF!?!!?!?! I mean come on! I missed him!

I love Daddy, spreading his sunshine all around town. Does anyone else notice that he makes like stops lol 1st over to his old house to tell Deb what a piece of ***** mother she is and make a jab on her and teenage boys. Then to Lucas to make him feel even more unwanted in case he forgot since the last time. And then to baby scotts were he tells his pride and joy that he's going to fail and is worthless. Awwwww Daddy i love you so.

The baby scott and haley I love you part was beyond sweet. Another big AWWWW moment. I love baby scott.

Keith leaving? Well i cant blame the guy. His life is *****. might as well.

Brooke and Lucas: Dude i'm a Brooke supporter, i see that she really has a good heart and blah blah blah but what she did tonight was WRONG. I love f$^&in with LucASS as much as the next person but lying about being knocked up just aint right. And i dont blame Karen for slaping him, hell if i were her they would have to lock me up cause so help me god.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] we wont go there today.

Peyton/Jake/Nikki: Dude the b!tch is crazy. I mean i almost felt a little bad for her when she went to talk to LucASS but her looking in at Jake/Peyton/Jenny is just....scary. LOVE Peyton telling her off! GO PEYTON! And the little family thing they have going on is SO DAMN CUTE! I really, really, really want Jake and Peyton to get togther.

And i dont blame Jake for not letting Nikki see Jenny. I really dont. Its not about him its about the kid and the kid is better off w.out her. From what i've seen. And lets not forget people SHE LEFT no one made her. SHE DID IT HERSELF. The way i look at it she's the only one to blame. Actions have consenquences (sp whateva) people.

Preview: BITCH FIGHT!!!!!!! I love me a bitchfight. Maybe even a little too much. AND WE ARE FINALLY GETTING ONE ON OTH!!!! GO PEYTON!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread