Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2015, 07:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha24 (View Post)
yes there is a different way of talking to someone you are being nice about it and giving your POV but to be attacked makes me not want to come to this board nobody wants to be told they make no sense i will come back when this isn't so hostile I didn't say they were not meaning them but i just gave an opinion that it could be someone else to you could be right it could be them or not but to be told i made zero sense and that i needed her to point out the error of my ways set me off i am all for talking about things but to be talked down to i am not all for that this isn't suppose to be a steroline board so i do not get being talked to that way but as i said i am over this conversation
Fair enough and I totally hear you! I've read some posts in here and thought 'wow, you are such a rude so and so' and then as I've read on I've realised that that is just how that person is. You're right, it's not hard to write nicely, but some people just don't lol. Just take everything with a grain of salt, after all it's just a message board and a bunch of strangers.

Also, I wonder if maybe the reason it's said that you are making no sense is possibly because you don't put many full stops and your sentences seem to run together. I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi and I notice stuff like that, haha, and it does make stuff harder to read when it's not punctuated, so maybe that is what Telepath meant? Just a thought anyway
Old 05-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
this isn't suppose to be a steroline board
That statement is a bit rich. Traditionally this has been a standing thread for bashing Steroline and talking about its "lack of chemistry", how it's "forced" and even for referring to it as "incest." It is also a thread where people have in the past routinely claimed that the Steroline fanbase doesn't exist. I think it would be hard to fill a thread with non-existent people.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

JP actually is saying SC will be happy?

That's such huge lie just because she wouldn't be able to write it in an even decent way.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

That's such huge lie just because she wouldn't be able to write it in an even decent way.

I guess she will at least try?

Maybe they could hire Peter Berg as a consultant...
Old 05-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

Well i don't know if Stefan/caroline is a go or not to be honest but this show is notorious of stringing along fans but in all fairness they really don't have anyone left to write about unless they bring anyone new in they are it but i do not see them ever getting to where D&E or S&E i think we will see how successful they will be next season will show in the ratings
Old 05-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Okay people let's not argue please and let's be respectful of each others' opinions. Thanks.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
The title is just a reminder of how obvious the writing is, because it can only be written by a lonely single woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
She's not lonely. Her 15 tubs of ice cream and 12 boxes of donuts keep her company .
I'm literally laughing out loud right now!

Great title!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Absolute Fan

I personally don't think they care about the rating that much and I think the big focus next season will be on Defan anyway.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 05-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
I personally don't think they care about the rating that much and I think the big focus next season will be on Defan anyway.
I agree i think that the main focus will be on damon/stefan and if they don't care about ratings that would mean they only intend to do one more season because every show cares about ratings
Old 05-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
In all honesty I think that their ratings have hit sort of a "low point", as in, it will be hard for it to rate significantly less in the US market. If they are comfortable with that, then I guess all is good for them.

Obviously everyone wants to have high ratings but the CW as a network doesn't seem too susceptible to low overnight ratings.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I used to want SC a long time ago.

I liked their friendship and thought they could become something Great.

I don't know as time went by I just found myself feeling a just friends vibe.

I don't feel sibling vibe though.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Not to start drama, but people need to learn how to read clearly .

This part is about SC without a doubt:

Quote:
TVLINE | With Nina Dobrev leaving the show, and Jo bleeding out at her own wedding, Stefan and Caroline are the only couple you guys have left. Does that add pressure on you guys to keep them together?
Well, without spoiling too much, theirs is a relationship that I’ve personally been rooting for for a very long time. I love the idea of trying to explore if a show can be good when its main couple is happy. Often, you need conflict and hurdles and obstacles to keep a show spicy and exciting, so we’ll see what next year brings.
The interviewer specifically asked about SC and whether there's more pressure on them since they're the only potential couple for S7. This isn't about opinion or saying that someone is wrong for feeling how they do about a couple (I don't like SC romantically at all), but when it's clearly a question in regards to them and JP is responding to said question there's really no other way to spin it.

I could see them trying for Bamon next season, or at least teasing it for a while to see the fan reaction, but that specific question was in regards to SC as a potential couple and whether they can stay happy or need obstacles to keep the show fresh.

I don't get how this turned into an argument other than maybe people assume others have a rude tone in their response, but to fight about something like this is just crazy.

Jerry You're so kind to my ego .
Old 05-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Meh whatever.. there is no such thing as "happy couples" i would of thought this was knocked into our heads awhile ago .
Old 05-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Jerry You're so kind to my ego .
Thanks Kara! Your posts and Flora's posts always entertain me and crack me up, and I love your reviews of each episode of The Originals.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I agree i think that the main focus will be on damon/stefan and if they don't care about ratings that would mean they only intend to do one more season because every show cares about ratings
I agree, I don't think it will go beyond next season. I mean really besides Defan, what's left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
In all honesty I think that their ratings have hit sort of a "low point", as in, it will be hard for it to rate significantly less in the US market. If they are comfortable with that, then I guess all is good for them.

Obviously everyone wants to have high ratings but the CW as a network doesn't seem too susceptible to low overnight ratings.
Do you know the comparison with TVD to some of the other shows? Are they now rated the lowest because it seems like there are other CW shows under them. And I don't think the budget is really that much of an issue, especially now with Nina's salary out of the picture. And Michael mentioned about the cuts to all the werewolf stuff.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread