Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I used to want SC a long time ago.

I liked their friendship and thought they could become something Great.

I don't know as time went by I just found myself feeling a just friends vibe.

I don't feel sibling vibe though.
I thought their makeout/sex scene was very nice and well done, if maybe a bit immature. It had a lot of spark. What I noticed most was how at the end of the episode there was that D/E makeout scene that shifted to S/C by the fireplace and like... in comparison to S/C, the D/E scene had no chemistry and no tension at all to me.

Then again I never shipped Stefan with Elena, or Caroline with any of her other love interests. I liked Steferine, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
Do you know the comparison with TVD to some of the other shows? Are they now rated the lowest because it seems like there are other CW shows under them.
Hell no, TVD rates higher than most of the CW shows. Beauty and the Beast was renewed and that show drew a 0.3 with a mere 760,000 viewers for its finale!!!

Last edited by Telepath; 05-13-2015 at 08:44 PM Reason: Added response.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
I thought their makeout/sex scene was very nice and well done, if maybe a bit immature. It had a lot of spark. What I noticed most was how at the end of the episode there was that D/E makeout scene that shifted to S/C by the fireplace and like... in comparison to S/C, the D/E scene had no chemistry and no tension at all to me.

Then again I never shipped Stefan with Elena, or Caroline with any of her other love interests. I liked Steferine, though.
Hell no, TVD rates higher than most of the CW shows. Beauty and the Beast was renewed and that show drew a 0.3 with a mere 760,000 viewers for its finale!!!
I haven't watched those scenes except the first kiss that I thought was awkward.

I haven't watched but 2 episodes all season and the next will make 3.

I'm basing what I saw last season mostly and before.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
I agree, I don't think it will go beyond next season. I mean really besides Defan, what's left?

Do you know the comparison with TVD to some of the other shows? Are they now rated the lowest because it seems like there are other CW shows under them. And I don't think the budget is really that much of an issue, especially now with Nina's salary out of the picture. And Michael mentioned about the cuts to all the werewolf stuff.
Well i believe when they get there budget all that is factor in so the fact that nina's salary is no longer an issue isn't really a factor it isn't like they get extra money as well the cast just renogoitiated all there salaries so i would assume both Ian and Paul are getting a nice raise. As for ratings although the vampire diaries has dropped quite a bit they are still doing a lot better then a lot of the CW shows including TO so who knows but a lot of factors go into shows BATB for instance has horrible ratings but there over seas ratings are really good which is what saved them.

I am not really a DE fan but i didn't really see anything bad about there scene as for SC i am not a fan of theirs but i am not against them either i am kinda on the fence i am right now willing to give them a chance and see how it goes.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Absolute Fan

I've shipped Stelena and Caroline with everyone besides Jesse and I'm loving Steroline. But I also like best friends that become more stories.

Quote:
So yeah I don't think they don't care about TVD's drop in ratings.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, Pedowitz is describing BATB as "very profitable." Another quote from him:

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter: If you could rewind a year, what's the one thing that you'd tell yourself about this job?

Mark Pedowitz: I would have spent the first six months not looking at ratings. I would have saved myself a lot of aggravation. I had an epiphany in December, when I started looking at the social-media grids like Get Glue, where our shows constantly are in the top 10. Or look at live-plus seven numbers, which we don't get paid for, and we're tripling our women 18-to-34 ratings. You start to realize that these shows are working, but the key -- and part of our development slate this year is going to be an attempt to do this -- is to find a way to get them to come back to view the shows live.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha24 (View Post)
Well i believe when they get there budget all that is factor in so the fact that nina's salary is no longer an issue isn't really a factor it isn't like they get extra money as well the cast just renogoitiated all there salaries so i would assume both Ian and Paul are getting a nice raise. As for ratings although the vampire diaries has dropped quite a bit they are still doing a lot better then a lot of the CW shows including TO so who knows but a lot of factors go into shows BATB for instance has horrible ratings but there over seas ratings are really good which is what saved them.

I am not really a DE fan but i didn't really see anything bad about there scene as for SC i am not a fan of theirs but i am not against them either i am kinda on the fence i am right now willing to give them a chance and see how it goes.
True, I don't know what they'll do with Nina's salary. I just figured since she's one of the main three, it has to be pretty big so having that money back into the budget has to help.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 05-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe I am misguided but surely the salary for one actor can't constitute a significant percentage of the production costs for the show?
Old 05-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah maybe it doesn't I don't know. My point being is that it's one less thing they are paying out if she had stayed.

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 05-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am just a big Stefan whore I ship Stefan with Elena, Katherine, Bonnie, Caroline, Tessa, Ivy, Rebekah and Klaus But my one true ship in this stinky show is Stefan and his happiness, that is all I care about!!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I am just a big Stefan whore I ship Stefan with Elena, Katherine, Bonnie, Caroline, Tessa, Ivy, Rebekah and Klaus But my one true ship in this stinky show is Stefan and his happiness, that is all I care about!!
I have a feeling it's Damon's turn to be sad the next season.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have a feeling it's Damon's turn to be sad the next season.
I hope so.. actually not even that.. I just don't care about Damon. I would rather he just go away. I just want some good things for Stefan.. because the last few finale's have been absolute hell for him.. this season needs to end on a good note for Stefan
Old 05-14-2015, 05:08 AM
Loyal Fan

TVD and TO will air back to back next season
CW 2015-16 Schedule: Monday Night Comedy Block in Fall; DC Spinoff Midseason | Variety

Don't know if this will help the shows' ratings, or if that means crossovers, but there you go
Old 05-14-2015, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Pedowitz has "great confidence" that #TVD will continue on for years to come, comparing it to #Supernatural now that the focus in on bros
Quote:
Pedowitz: #TVD is "going to be much more focused on the brothers" next season, after Nina Dobrev's departure #TheCW #Upfronts2015
x
Old 05-14-2015, 05:58 AM
Passionate Fan

TVD will continue for years to come?! Please no!

~Katie~
Old 05-14-2015, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

really?