Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) catches wind of the upcoming party and decides to make things interesting by bringing a recreational drug to the party. And this is when everything will start spinning out of control as the birthday boy helplessly watches on.
'Riverdale' Season 1 Episode 10 Spoilers: Jughead's Birthday Party Goes Awry in 'The Lost Weekend' Plus RAS posted a picture of Chuck/Ethel and they're sitting together. I have this feeling they're working together.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

^Cheryl is so annoying. If she doesn't get in trouble for that I'll snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
But considering that Betty/Jughead wasn't really a thing in the comics (Jughead being asexual, generally women hating, whatever.. these are things I've seen referred to) or at least not like they are in the show, why is it the assumption that this is the only way Archie/Betty(&Veronica) would/will play out in the show?
Betty/Jughead was a thing in the comics. Here's a gallery of scans, enough in there for good examples, she was also one of his three love interests in the series. Bughead was even their ship name before the series started, which is probably why Archie Comics recently took copyright for the name, because the pairing was popular in comic fanbase for years and the tv series might've enhanced it.

Quote:
(Jughead being asexual
That's only canon in one comic which is its own separate universe, by Chip Zdarsky. He came out and said it's only his version and said he was aware that the character liked girls in the original comics, despite the woman hater "facade", arguably that was written to contrast him with Archie who is crazy about girls. Reboots of comics aren't always canon to other incarnations, most of the time they aren't.

As for how these relationships will play out, I'd say that it's too early to make big assumptions but I personally think the core 4 is the main relationships of the show. And I also think the reason bughead is a thing is not only because of convenience with splitting the 4, but because RAS himself is a big bughead fan because of the comics, at least he's said this more than once

Last edited by soldier of affinity; 04-12-2017 at 08:16 PM Reason: Typos
Old 04-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
But considering that Betty/Jughead wasn't really a thing in the comics (Jughead being asexual, generally women hating, whatever.. these are things I've seen referred to) or at least not like they are in the show, why is it the assumption that this is the only way Archie/Betty(&Veronica) would/will play out in the show?

I realise that early in the show Archie rejected Betty because he wasn't interested, and he was attracted to Veronica, but I don't think anything dictates how these relationships can/will play out in the show later.
True, but in the first episode he said he has never felt was he's supposed to feel with Betty...that line on top of the 'you're too perfect' immediately turned me off from them and made me think they weren't going the Barchie route. For me and maybe some other viewers, the writers prob shouldn't have had him say all that.

Triangles are just annoying. I didn't want to watch initially because of the original triangle, but once I saw that wasn't happening, I stuck around. But, I'm sure the triangle will rear its ugly head over time and most fan bases may be happy at some point.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
^Cheryl is so annoying. If she doesn't get in trouble for that I'll snap
I know and Skeet Ulrich posted a picture of him with Cole/KJ/Luke. And he said tomorrow night he will be a lot less friendly with this group! There is a theory that FP will shut the rager down. And I wonder if him and Alice will shut the rager down?
Old 04-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I realise that early in the show Archie rejected Betty because he wasn't interested, and he was attracted to Veronica, but I don't think anything dictates how these relationships can/will play out in the show later.
We're all just speculating here.

But also, this:

Quote:
RAS himself is a big bughead fan because of the comics, at least he's said this more than once
Obviously, the future narrative can change, but the current storyline is going to great lengths to show us how deep the Bughead relationship goes. How much they care about and rely on each other. It's the only relationship on the entire show that's been given such attention and development, so I think it's natural for fans to speculate in their favor. At least right now.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Them singing together makes complete sense to me. Especially when Archie and Veronica are already doing a duet too.
but we already have josie and the pussycats and as well as veronica as established singers. even if lili can sing, I find it really weird (and annoying) to have yet another character just magically being able to sing. And it makes Archie's singing career look even less important.

they could do an AU musical like buffy did or something if they want to get their singing skills out there.

Quote:
I just think that jughead/betty mean more to the writers than fans are giving them creditfor.
same! which is why I cant see A/B happening long term.

I dont think the show is necessarily gonna follow the comics or whatever, but I do agree that the writers IMO seem to love B/J the most and I think it'll come back around to them later. they def. arent a distraction relationship otherwise they would have just stuck betty with someone else.

Quote:
True, but in the first episode he said he has never felt was he's supposed to feel with Betty...that line on top of the 'you're too perfect' immediately turned me off from them and made me think they weren't going the Barchie route. For me and maybe some other viewers, the writers prob shouldn't have had him say all that.
YES, him saying he NEVER felt the things he was supposed to feel for her.... That was the nail in the coffin for me personally. If one person in my ship said that about the other, ouch, I would be done.

Last edited by Alexa; 04-12-2017 at 11:01 PM
Old 04-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the info soldier of affinity .

Archie saying he didn't feel romantic feelings for Betty didn't bother me. Because a) they're so young, and b) feelings change. You can have a friendship and then one day see that person in a different way, for all sorts of reasons. Even looking at Betty and Jughead, they apparently knew each other for years, but Betty only had eyes for Archie. Now they're together.
IDK, I mean if it bothers you, then it does. But as someone who likes Archie/Betty, I don't care.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the info soldier of affinity .

Archie saying he didn't feel romantic feelings for Betty didn't bother me. Because a) they're so young, and b) feelings change. You can have a friendship and then one day see that person in a different way, for all sorts of reasons. Even looking at Betty and Jughead, they apparently knew each other for years, but Betty only had eyes for Archie. Now they're together.

IDK, I mean if it bothers you, then it does. But as someone who likes Archie/Betty, I don't care.
No problem.

I agree with you about B), but my problem with feelings changing for Archie is the fact that he had to see her date someone else. I would've preferred seeing him develop feelings before this happened, since now it just doesn't make him look that genuine about how he feels. Jealousy doesn't always imply that the person has feelings either, they could also just be possessive or upset that the person moved on and isn't pining over them anymore, but from what I've read at wondercon, they made it sound like he's uncomfortable that his best friends are dating because he doesn't want to feel left out. And ehh I'm confused at your last sentence since I don't know what or who it's referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
Obviously, the future narrative can change, but the current storyline is going to great lengths to show us how deep the Bughead relationship goes. How much they care about and rely on each other. It's the only relationship on the entire show that's been given such attention and development, so I think it's natural for fans to speculate in their favor. At least right now.
At this point I'm just convinced that the relationship isn't going to phase out of the show, and I don't mean break ups (I expect plenty of those, in general with all the characters), I think it'll be a consistent part of the show because it's important to the writers judging from the few things that's been said. So you know, when they break up it might more than likely still be a thing, on and off. It doesn't help that all the 4 main characters are close, so they're kind of obligated to all have scenes around each other
Old 04-13-2017, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I agree with you about B), but my problem with feelings changing for Archie is the fact that he had to see her date someone else. I would've preferred seeing him develop feelings before this happened, since now it just doesn't make him look that genuine about how he feels. Jealousy doesn't always imply that the person has feelings either, they could also just be possessive or upset that the person moved on and isn't pining over them anymore, but from what I've read at wondercon, they made it sound like he's uncomfortable that his best friends are dating because he doesn't want to feel left out. And ehh I'm confused at your last sentence since I don't know what or who it's referring to.
I agree that Archie developing feelings that come about because of jealousy is not ideal - I don't really want that, but I'm also not sure that that's what's going to happen. I'm actually confused by all what I've seen said about this triangle (and the other one) so I'm just taking a 'watch and judge from there' approach.
And I'm not anywhere convinced that there is going to be any sort of declaration from Archie this season.
Also when Betty and Archie do get together I want it to be when they truly know that it's what they want for the right reasons. But they've got seasons to go.. well assuming that Riverdale stays on air.

My last sentence about it bothering people? I was generally speaking on the topic about what Archie said but maybe more so in regards to what Alexa said.. that she'd be done if it was her ship. So I was just saying that to me personally, it's not something that matters. It's not a bad thing. To each their own.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, the actor promises that the truth will send Cheryl into a complete tailspin. "In [Episode 13], Cheryl just goes literally insane," she says. "It was so much fun. I did more things in that episode than I’ve ever done before than in the whole series."
Quote:
Petsch says that the note that the season actually ends on was so top-secret that the pages weren't even included in the initial finale script. The pages were distributed to only the actors who needed them on the actual day that they filmed. But Petsch confesses that she sneaked a peek: "Because I had to know!" And though the CW has not yet officially renewed Riverdale for a new season, things aren't looking good for Ms. Blossom in those hypothetical future episodes.
Quote:
"It’s set up so perfectly for chaos in Season 2, and I think people are going to be terrified of the way Season 1 ends for Cheryl because she just loses her mind," Petsch says. "The ending of Season 1 is so heart-wrenching. Of course people are going to be dying for Season 2 when they’re done."
https://www.bustle.com/p/when-jasons...e-petsch-41553
Old 04-13-2017, 03:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Well those quotes have pushed me more into the idea that a Blossom killed Jason. I don't know who else would set off Cheryl besides her own family.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
Well those quotes have pushed me more into the idea that a Blossom killed Jason. I don't know who else would set off Cheryl besides her own family.
Or Cheryl is actually the killer? I mean when the show started almost everyone was saying she's the killer! And right away the show debunked that, and started bringing in other suspects, so maybe they pull a Scream and reveal Cheryl was the killer all along.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
At this point I'm just convinced that the relationship isn't going to phase out of the show, and I don't mean break ups (I expect plenty of those, in general with all the characters), I think it'll be a consistent part of the show because it's important to the writers judging from the few things that's been said. So you know, when they break up it might more than likely still be a thing, on and off. It doesn't help that all the 4 main characters are close, so they're kind of obligated to all have scenes around each other
I agree. As this pertains to Bughead, I think their friendship from the comics is just as important as their romantic relationship on the show, and when they break up I just hope we'll still get to see that friendship as well as hints of them reuniting. And, as you pointed out, all the members of the core four are important to each other, except perhaps Jug and Ronnie , those relationships will always be an important part of the show's focus, regardless of what type of relationships they have at any given time.

Oh, and hopefully after Ross' schedule opens up, Reggie will be the 5th member of the gang as he's supposed to be!
Old 04-13-2017, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

This is a cw show guys. No matter what ship you love they will be playing with musical partners. I'm sure that because RAS loves Betty and Juggie they have a good chance, but no relationship is completely solid in a teen soap like this
Old 04-13-2017, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
This is a cw show guys. No matter what ship you love they will be playing with musical partners. I'm sure that because RAS loves Betty and Juggie they have a good chance, but no relationship is completely solid in a teen soap like this
I think what we're saying is that these relationships will always be a thing even when they're not. Take the exhausting seasons of GG for example, when Chair was not together 85% of the time, yet their relationship was still a big part of the show, arguably the biggest, and I'm not gonna jump and say Bughead has reached that level yet since it's too early for that assumption, but when a drama/soap has 4 main characters who are two straight girls and two straight guys, I just kind of expect an endless cycle of triangles and squares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I agree. As this pertains to Bughead, I think their friendship from the comics is just as important as their romantic relationship on the show, and when they break up I just hope we'll still get to see that friendship as well as hints of them reuniting. And, as you pointed out, all the members of the core four are important to each other, except perhaps Jug and Ronnie , those relationships will always be an important part of the show's focus, regardless of what type of relationships they have at any given time.

Oh, and hopefully after Ross' schedule opens up, Reggie will be the 5th member of the gang as he's supposed to be!

Lol usually ships like Jug and Ronnie happen a lot in shows, but I just can't see it for some reason. And I agree.

I read that they wanted Reggie as a main character I really hope they do that next season, and he seems to have a lot of fans too. I heard he was pushed back because of 13RW but I was told that he was barely even in it.

Quote:
I agree that Archie developing feelings that come about because of jealousy is not ideal - I don't really want that, but I'm also not sure that that's what's going to happen. I'm actually confused by all what I've seen said about this triangle (and the other one) so I'm just taking a 'watch and judge from there' approach.
And I'm not anywhere convinced that there is going to be any sort of declaration from Archie this season.
Also when Betty and Archie do get together I want it to be when they truly know that it's what they want for the right reasons. But they've got seasons to go.. well assuming that Riverdale stays on air.

My last sentence about it bothering people? I was generally speaking on the topic about what Archie said but maybe more so in regards to what Alexa said.. that she'd be done if it was her ship. So I was just saying that to me personally, it's not something that matters. It's not a bad thing. To each their own.
Oh I'm confused as well, especially since the writers went from saying it's the main triangle of the show and will continue next season, to saying it's mainly a friendship triangle. I also think we haven't seen enough of Archie's reactions so far to figure out if he's actually jealous, we're mainly just going off on what actors have said

Ahh well I agree with your last sentence. I don't mind being into one sided ships as long as there's a chance the other person will develop feelings too, and I always thought that was going to happen in the show since it's common in the comics so much, with Archie going back and forth. I do however get annoyed with one sided ships if the person with feelings is too obsessive or pining, or if one of the two characters are being abused by the other, but this isn't the case with Barchie so it doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
If it really is a Blossom (specifically Clifford, which the fandom is suspecting) then I'm kind of annoyed at Petsch tbh, because that hint a month ago about Cheryl being devastated was way too obvious. So at this point I hope it's not a Blossom since I won't be surprised if it is now.