Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe the spoiler about Lili singing is Betty singing Happy Birthday to her boyfriend?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
GOOD GOD please no, I dont want to see this jealous Betty stuff. I STG if shes all jealous because of Archie/V and hurts Juggie, I am so done with her. HE DIDNT WANT YOU BETTY. sdfsdfdsf.

Can Lili even sing? I think it would make NO SENSE to have betty sing with archie?
Calm Yourself. In honour of 1939, the year the triangle and comics were invented, the writers must acknowledge Elizabeth Cooper with Archibald Andrews eventually. Does this mean that they will be united as one forever? The answer is no, because Archibald always chooses Veronica Lodge and Elizabeth is always second place. There is nothing wrong with Elizabeth trying to figure out her old feelings, since by the end of the day, year and time she will go back to Forsythe Pendleton (Jughead) Jones III, although I must wonder if he will get tired of her ways and dismiss the relationship. I do not mind either way since I know deep down they will always find each other. FP the III loves her because she can cook, we know this because of comics, and I believe the show will adapt this into the writing in order to give the core 4 (Archibald, Elizabeth, Veronica and FP Jughead Jones III) a proper endgame.

So as I've said, there is nothing to worry about. Calm down
Old 04-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maybe the spoiler about Lili singing is Betty singing Happy Birthday to her boyfriend?
That was my guess, but it's going to be weird AF if she's the only one singing amongst the crowd. Then again, the jumper is weird too.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftie Muggle (View Post)
Calm Yourself. In honour of 1939, the year the triangle and comics were invented, the writers must acknowledge Elizabeth Cooper with Archibald Andrews eventually. Does this mean that they will be united as one forever? The answer is no, because Archibald always chooses Veronica Lodge and Elizabeth is always second place. There is nothing wrong with Elizabeth trying to figure out her old feelings, since by the end of the day, year and time she will go back to Forsythe Pendleton (Jughead) Jones III, although I must wonder if he will get tired of her ways and dismiss the relationship. I do not mind either way since I know deep down they will always find each other. FP the III loves her because she can cook, we know this because of comics, and I believe the show will adapt this into the writing in order to give the core 4 (Archibald, Elizabeth, Veronica and FP Jughead Jones III) a proper endgame.

So as I've said, there is nothing to worry about. Calm down
I think I may agree with your ultimate points about the triangle and endgames but it's hard to tell. Not sure if you are going for some simplistic comics-based humor here or not. But the characters and relationships we've seen developed on the show, Riverdale, so far are a little more complex than that. I do agree that Betty will probably have to address the Archie question and her feelings eventually and that will cause a likely break in the Bughead relationship, at least briefly. But I don't think it means Riverdale will give us a never-ending cycle of Betty goes for Archie/Archie rejects her for V/Betty crawls back to Jughead. A teen/family drama and mystery series is a much different medium from comics. As many here have already pointed out, what the comics have gotten by with for the last 75 years would quickly grow old and tired on a modern weekly dramatic series.

And while I know comics Jughead is fixated on food to the point of caricature, even he loves and respects and supports Betty for many non-food-based reasons. Riverdale's Jughead clearly likes and cares about Betty for many reasons that do not include cooking. Hell, we've seen no proof Betty can cook and if she baked that sorrowful burger cake (which I LOVE), well, baking is not at the top of her list of many skills.

ETA: I will defend that sweater to the death, lol! I love it. It's a deceptively small touch but makes you wonder about the effort Betty put into finding it. Did she buy it? Or make it? Just the fact that she's planning this party to the point of making a burger cake and wearing a crown sweater in honor of her boyfriend's security blanket just lets you know the care and importance she's placing on this event. The fact it will all head horribly south thanks to Cheryl and others just makes the inevitable **** hitting the fan that much more tragic. Poor Betty never gives less than 1000% and I'm so happy for Jughead that he has someone in his life that cares that much about him.

Last edited by Poligirl25; 04-11-2017 at 11:46 PM
Old 04-11-2017, 11:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poligirl25 (View Post)
I think I may agree with your ultimate points about the triangle and endgames but it's hard to tell. Not sure if you are going for some simplistic comics-based humor here or not. But the characters and relationships we've seen developed on the show, Riverdale, so far are a little more complex than that. I do agree that Betty will probably have to address the Archie question and her feelings eventually and that will cause a likely break in the Bughead relationship, at least briefly. But I don't think it means Riverdale will give us a never-ending cycle of Betty goes for Archie/Archie rejects her for V/Betty crawls back to Jughead. A teen/family drama and mystery series is a much different medium from comics. As many here have already pointed out, what the comics have gotten by with for the last 75 years would quickly grow old and tired on a modern weekly dramatic series.

And while I know comics Jughead is fixated on food to the point of caricature, even he loves and respects and supports Betty for many non-food-based reasons. Riverdale's Jughead clearly likes and cares about Betty for many reasons that do not include cooking. Hell, we've seen no proof Betty can cook and if she baked that sorrowful burger cake (which I LOVE), well, baking is not at the top of her list of many skills.

ETA: I will defend that sweater to the death, lol! I love it. It's a deceptively small touch but makes you wonder about the effort Betty put into finding it. Did she buy it? Or make it? Just the fact that she's planning this party to the point of making a burger cake and wearing a crown sweater in honor of her boyfriend's security blanket just lets you know the care and importance she's placing on this event. The fact it will all head horribly south thanks to Cheryl and others just makes the inevitable **** hitting the fan that much more tragic. Poor Betty never gives less than 1000% and I'm so happy for Jughead that he has someone in his life that cares that much about him.
I completely agree with all of this. I love your knowledge and understanding of the characters. I strongly believe that the core 4 is endgame. The second episode of the series made the foreshadowing quite clear when they all talked in a booth together for the first time. This is why we do not need to get mad at Betty if her old feelings resurface, it is quite normal and the angst is expected.

I strongly believe we will see her cook in the future, since she has talent of many things.

Elizabeth and FP Jughead III forever
Old 04-12-2017, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

^I'm picking it up what you guys are putting down.

I know some folks think that Jughead/Betty were just a stalling tactic, but I firmly believe they are a way to "solve" the triangle by giving Betty another (ahem, better) option once Archie does what Archie ALWAYS does, which is chase endlessly after Veronica Lodge.

I can't even tell you how excited I am to see Jug's birthday party. I know I will be swooning over all the effort Type-A Betty puts into it and then lapping up all the **** Cheryl showers down upon it. Of course, I'm most excited about the beanie coming off...
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
^I'm picking it up what you guys are putting down.

I know some folks think that Jughead/Betty were just a stalling tactic, but I firmly believe they are a way to "solve" the triangle by giving Betty another (ahem, better) option once Archie does what Archie ALWAYS does, which is chase endlessly after Veronica Lodge.

I can't even tell you how excited I am to see Jug's birthday party. I know I will be swooning over all the effort Type-A Betty puts into it and then lapping up all the **** Cheryl showers down upon it. Of course, I'm most excited about the beanie coming off...
I just think that jughead/betty mean more to the writers than fans are giving them creditfor.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I just think that jughead/betty mean more to the writers than fans are giving them creditfor.
I agree, and guys that picture of a dead body, may actually be Jason from episode 2. If it is than I apologize for posting it.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I very superficially understand the comics.

My question is when Archie chases Veronica in the comics, how does she respond? Does she like him too? How is the Archie/Veronica dynamic in the comics?
Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I agree, and guys that picture of a dead body, may actually be Jason from episode 2. If it is than I apologize for posting it.
No worries hun
Old 04-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I very superficially understand the comics.

My question is when Archie chases Veronica in the comics, how does she respond? Does she like him too? How is the Archie/Veronica dynamic in the comics?
Its been a while since I've read them, but it was mostly Archie chasing Ronnie and her interest in him is back and forth. Like if she finds someone new, she drops him and then he scurries off to Betty, but when she wants him back, he drops Betty.

Someone explained it best Betty chases Archie and Archie chases Ronnie and Ronnie chases no one.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
Its been a while since I've read them, but it was mostly Archie chasing Ronnie and her interest in him is back and forth. Like if she finds someone new, she drops him and then he scurries off to Betty, but when she wants him back, he drops Betty.

Someone explained it best Betty chases Archie and Archie chases Ronnie and Ronnie chases no one.
Thanks!
Old 04-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yep and that is one of the reasons why I'm glad RAS went The Bughead route.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Exactly this.

Veronica gets jealous sometimes (like if Archie does happen to give Betty or some other girl attention), but all she has to do is snap her fingers and Archie's 100% her lapdog again.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

But considering that Betty/Jughead wasn't really a thing in the comics (Jughead being asexual, generally women hating, whatever.. these are things I've seen referred to) or at least not like they are in the show, why is it the assumption that this is the only way Archie/Betty(&Veronica) would/will play out in the show?

I realise that early in the show Archie rejected Betty because he wasn't interested, and he was attracted to Veronica, but I don't think anything dictates how these relationships can/will play out in the show later.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread