Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
This actually is so sad. Someone was speculating and went so far as to zoom in on Jen's stomach as "proof" that she was pregnant. Jen made a whole post about it on her instagram account. She seemed to laugh it off but the fact that she even had to see that is really upsetting.
I saw that speculation about Jen. It showed up on my dash on tumblr. The person made it seem like a fact when there was no evidence. Emma being pregnant could make for an interesting fanfic.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This actually is so sad. Someone was speculating and went so far as to zoom in on Jen's stomach as "proof" that she was pregnant. Jen made a whole post about it on her instagram account. She seemed to laugh it off but the fact that she even had to see that is really upsetting.
Seriously? Jen has the flattest stomach. People can be so unthinking.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

How could Emma be pregnant? Captain Swan won't get to have "coffee" until the series finale at the rate they are going.

Though I would totally be ok with a fanfic where she is.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

To be fair, Hook and Emma could totally have done it and the writers just decided not to show it. I mean, Snow and Charming probably have a lot a lot of true love's 'rest' and we've had just one scene of them with implied naughty times. This is not a show with a lot of bed scenes. So a pregnancy can't be discounted just because we haven't seen a couple actually at it.

That said, there has been no hints on the show of Emma being pregnant in any way. I did see that original speculation about Emma being pregnant that I think Jen's tweets are refering to and yeah, the zooming in on pictures to prove pregnancy and all that... Ugh. No. Not a fan of stating theories as fact in general and even less so when it's about an actor's apperance.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It's a whooooooole lot of things.

But mostly it's just sad. And horribly sexist.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
To be fair, Hook and Emma could totally have done it and the writers just decided not to show it. I mean, Snow and Charming probably have a lot a lot of true love's 'rest' and we've had just one scene of them with implied naughty times. This is not a show with a lot of bed scenes. So a pregnancy can't be discounted just because we haven't seen a couple actually at it.

That said, there has been no hints on the show of Emma being pregnant in any way. I did see that original speculation about Emma being pregnant that I think Jen's tweets are refering to and yeah, the zooming in on pictures to prove pregnancy and all that... Ugh. No. Not a fan of stating theories as fact in general and even less so when it's about an actor's apperance.
All of this. It's fine to speculate the character might be pregnant because there has been no confirmation one way or another of CS sexy times. But saying an actress looks pregnant when she's not. That is so rude and hurtful.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
All of this. It's fine to speculate the character might be pregnant because there has been no confirmation one way or another of CS sexy times. But saying an actress looks pregnant when she's not. That is so rude and hurtful.
So much this statement. I have had so many friends cry because someone thought they were pregnant when they weren't. It's just awful.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)

I think that if anything like that happened with CS they would put it on screen like they did with OQ and yes we can assume that snowy had sex at some point but they did show them together on screen for the audience when the first got together so i think for the first time they will show it on screen

I don't think people were saying the actress was pregnant they were saying the character was pregnant which explains her comments that emma swan was not pregnant (i think emma has enough issues)
Old 05-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

They might show it or it might have already happened offscreen. I can see it either way. We didn't "see" David and Mary Margaret's "affair" during the curse. And it was somewhat debated until Snow confirmed they slept together when he believed he was married to Kathryn in 4.08. We saw Snowing after the EF trip, and it was implied on their honeymoon after their official/ second wedding, but that's really it. Many debate whether or not they'd had sex before their first wedding given David's reaction to Snow's comments when the necklace started moving. We never saw Rumbelle having sex. She has been woke up alone in his bed twice but that's it. I honestly don't know which way they are playing it.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)

I hadn't seen that rumor. Would that be a spoiler or a non-spoiler?
Definetely haven't heard any of this Not nice at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha24 (View Post)
I think that if anything like that happened with CS they would put it on screen like they did with OQ and yes we can assume that snowy had sex at some point but they did show them together on screen for the audience when the first got together so i think for the first time they will show it on screen
I don't think they'll necesseraly show their first time (If it hasn't happened yet.). With Snowing and Rumbelle there were hints of their first time occurring, but I guess it wasn't properly appointed. Snowing had wedding and Emma in ep1, and Rumbelle had Belle waking up in Rumple's bed in S2 and looking at his side.

I think the only esplicit first we had were OQ, and on some degrees David Nolan and Mary Margaret in S1

RoseBennett
Old 05-14-2015, 02:41 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't believe someone actually zoomed in on her stomach as evidence... Good grief.

I can see the argument on both sides for CS having done (or not done) the do. Although if Jen says it's 100% certain that Emma isn't pregnant, I'll probably lean more to not yet. You can only be a hundred percent sure if you haven't done anything, right?

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 05-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol. I do think Cs had coffee after Emma threw him on the bed
Old 05-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Lol. I do think Cs had coffee after Emma threw him on the bed
With her parents downstairs listening? Yick.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would prefer that the writers be a little more obvious in showing CS as having had "coffee" (I want to see that scene in one form or another! Even if only in flashback). Also, I don't really want their first "coffee" time to be when she's in full-on Dark One mode.

That "fan" was pretty nervy to send that to Jen (and yeah, her tummy is as flat as can be, so one can only wonder what that person thought they were "seeing"). Darned rude, that's for sure. And even if it turned out to be true, certainly none of their business.

As for the writers making the character of Emma pregnant - while later in the show this could be an interesting development - at the moment, I think such a plot "twist" might not fly. As we go into S5, it would just seem like a re-hash of what they are already doing with Zelena (assuming, of course, that Z. isn't lying through her teeth - which I wouldn't put past her).
Penny Dreadful "Demimonde of Shadows":http://archiveofourown.org/series/498457
Once Upon a Time Killian / Emma series: https://archiveofourown.org/series/69753

Last edited by earthspirits; 05-14-2015 at 03:50 PM Reason: Edited by me for clarity and to correct typos.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace (View Post)
With her parents downstairs listening? Yick.
Oh riight I forgot about that
Closed Thread   Post New Thread