Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh?

Old 09-19-2014, 01:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
(...) while her ex-husband, Teddy, forms a shaky new alliance with Rayna's nemesis, Jeff Fordham.
That explains the golf pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Don't feel bad, I think that scene with the wedding planner will be less annoying than you think.
My day just got better.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

updated the season description
Old 09-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Passionate Fan

New Rayna sneak peek.
Quote:

Let's be honest, we do not envy Rayna (Connie Britton) on Nashville right now.

Going into season three, the reigning queen of country music is in quite the romantic tangle. After years of will-they-won't-they back-and-forth with her soul mate Deacon (Charles Esten), he finally grew up and took responsibility for his actions, and proposed to her in the final moments of the season two finale in a scene that had us swooning for days. For days.

But there's one little problem preventing these star-crossed lovers from finally tying the knot and living happily ever after in season three...Rayna has been dating fellow country star Luke (Will Chase), and he had just pulled off a public proposal at a sold-out arena concert, getting down on one knee onstage in front of thousands of people.

So which extremely eligible (and swoon-worthy) bachelor will Rayna choose?
Nashville Premiere Sneak Peek: Rayna Decides Who She's Going to Marry—Does She Pick Luke or Deacon? Watch Now! | E! Online

Last edited by hangingonalie; 09-19-2014 at 11:16 AM
Old 09-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Let's be honest, we do not envy Rayna (Connie Britton) on Nashville right now.

Going into season three, the reigning queen of country music is in quite the romantic tangle. After years of will-they-won't-they back-and-forth with her soul mate Deacon (Charles Esten), he finally grew up and took responsibility for his actions, and proposed to her in the final moments of the season two finale in a scene that had us swooning for days. For days.

But there's one little problem preventing these star-crossed lovers from finally tying the knot and living happily ever after in season three...Rayna has been dating fellow country star Luke (Will Chase), and he had just pulled off a public proposal at a sold-out arena concert, getting down on one knee onstage in front of thousands of people.

So which extremely eligible (and swoon-worthy) bachelor will Rayna choose?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't really know how to read that sneak peek. Rayna doesn't seem OVERJOYED persay, but she also doesn't appear to be insincere in the call (presumably to Luke) and there she looks happy when she says she's going to come and she loves him.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm hoping Rayna is heading into HBIC territory next year and is using Luke for his fame.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't know. I get the desire for Rayna not to have genuine feelings for Luke because he's a useless tool, lol, but this woman has children- dragging them into a marriage plot for her career isn't HBIC, it just makes her a bitch who's a bad mother. And crushing Deacon for her career wouldn't say much about the depths of her feelings for him either. I more think Rayna has decided Luke being the "safe" choice (as much as I have zero sympathy for this logic from her given that she literally JUST divorced her previous safe choice) means hey, she does love him, even if she doesn't feel it deep down.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I don't know. I get the desire for Rayna not to have genuine feelings for Luke because he's a useless tool, lol, but this woman has children- dragging them into a marriage plot for her career isn't HBIC, it just makes her a bitch who's a bad mother. And crushing Deacon for her career wouldn't say much about the depths of her feelings for him either. I more think Rayna has decided Luke being the "safe" choice (as much as I have zero sympathy for this logic from her given that she literally JUST divorced her previous safe choice) means hey, she does love him, even if she doesn't feel it deep down.
I agree. I'm still bugged, though, by the fact that she apparently feels she must tell Luke Deacon proposed. Why is that necessary? To just show Deacon how little she cares about him and his feelings?
Old 09-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

at this point, I literally don't understand Rayna's motivations so I want her to be HBIC and rule the world. forgot about actual sotryline. let me get fierce Connie and I'll settle in a different realm of this show.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't get her either, that just wouldn't help me, lol. There's a difference between HBIC and psychopath who is completely disconnected from her vulnerable children (especially Maddie, who is currently clearly raw and unstable). And it's one thing for Rayna to disconnect from Deacon because there's too much water under that bridge, but if she obliterates him for the career he was crucial to helping her build, not only does he need to take that ring back from her and throw into Mount Doom, but he can go ahead and toss her in there with it.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd be pissed if my primary reason to watch the show was DR. But because it's not, I'm ok with Connie's face doing psychopathic things. That's the point I'm at LOLL
Old 09-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, if they wanted to ACKNOWLEDGED she'd turned into a psychopath, I guess that'd be one thing, lol. But perpetually my biggest problem with Rayna post S1 is that they never seem to want to acknowledge that she is flawed.

I'm very iffy on if I can even mildly support D/R after this :/ They've never been my big draw, granted, but I have such little tolerance for grown-ass people acting like this. I have a tendency to just go "Fine, I guess they're not meant to be" and disconnect entirely.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

I don't know wtf they're doing with Rayna. Well except sacrificing any logical character development at the altar of propping Luke. Even if she wasn't going to accept Deacon's proposal there is no good reason for her to be moving forward with this wedding to Luke. None. Hopefully the H65 story is better this season than last season. Because honestly I have very little reason to want to watch this show. Cannot deal with this illogical mess with Luke. Cannot deal with where that leaves Deacon (on tour with Luke dating another useless newbie). Even if DR aren't together they're making it so I don't want to watch either of their stories so in turn the show
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratewench78 (View Post)
I agree. I'm still bugged, though, by the fact that she apparently feels she must tell Luke Deacon proposed. Why is that necessary? To just show Deacon how little she cares about him and his feelings?
This right here. That is what really makes me hate her. If you feel like you'd rather be with Luke fine, but why make things difficult for Deacon when he's going out on tour with him? Why embarrass him by making it clear that she chose Luke over him. It's the biggest thing that I can't get behind that makes me think she really doesn't give a ***** about Deacon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread