Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Back from LA... Whew that was to short of a trip but so much fun. It was great seeing everyone and meeting those I had never met before. I have to say and my husband who tagged along with me this year that the Roswell gang is a great group of people. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Got some pics to share:

First the reason for the BAT

The Lerner Family

Nick and Garrett

Melinda Metz

The wonderful Nick

Majandra during the Q&A

Devon during the Q&A

Majandra and Devon (who I thought were so cute together)

My bowling team with Jason Ritter who I am now the biggest fan of. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Plus he is incredibly sweet!!!

Patrick Fabian (who is hilarious and a really nice guy), rpmdragon and myself

Hubby and I are already planning on going to next years event!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Settled:
<STRONG>

Oh, oh... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] What I meant was...
I know NOTHING and SAW NOTHING! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I have PICTURES!!! How much not to post them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lori: Lori we did find the NAKED COWBOY for you! You know the weird one outside of MTV studios!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
By Vicki:
Lori: Lori we did find the NAKED COWBOY for you! You know the weird one outside of MTV studios!
?????

m&m forever yours are the first pics I've seen posted from the BAT!
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 02-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Forgot a pic. Here is the bunch of us who went to the meet and greet on Friday night before the BAT.

Old 02-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

M&M EWWWWW.....Nice pics. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ummm.....we are already bribbing people NOT to talk? Hmmmm....gotta be really good stuff then. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hmmm....autographs? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Goes back to bed....

**sniffs** I hate feeling sick...

q
Old 02-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Vicki I'll say it aint so till the end! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Lori so sorry to hear about your friend [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] M&M Great Pics! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I'm on my way home, I haven't heard from LTL or Oceana but, I'm sure they're floating back to Rosvina as we speak.
I'll be downloading my pics! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to stop by and say hi because I met so many of you at the BAT and had such a great time. I have to say my highlights were Nick and Jason though. Nick sat next to me for the entire time we were in the tent. I talked to him for like an hour! Then me and AlienWendy talked to him some more. He was really sweet and gave me all sorts of advice about acting and stuff like where I should live if I move out here and college and acting. He talked to me for so long. He had to wisper in my ear the whole time becuase we were right near the auction stage and couldn't hear eachother to well. I really didn't mind that part though. He told me about his home town and how often he visits and stuff like that. I t was wierd becuase I really didn't talk to him at all last year so it was great. He started talking first so I was like, "OK!"

For everyone that was there. How funny was the Jason Ritter story?! OMG! I was laughing so hard. That Q&A was hilarious.

I have a big crush on Jason now. I got the cutest picture with us. He gave me a huge hug before he left as did Nick.

I had fun bowling with Majandra on my team. She is really fun. She could care less how good she bowls though! LOL.

Well, sorry to intrude on you guys I just had to stop in and say hello. I have so much fun meeting most of you. I don't want to wait another year!

I will post the link to my album as soon as I get it up and running.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]Elizabeth
Old 02-10-2004, 02:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey everyone!!! Typing live from Covina. I couldn't take it anymore, not being attached to my internet connection, and I hooked up my laptop to the phoneline and I'm doing this via dial-up.

I'm sure LTL and Oceana are going to post their story in great detail for you all later when they get home (they're leaving first thing in the morning at O Dark:30) and I don't want to steal any of their thunder, but I know for myself that they had a great time!!!!! It was a 3 hour lunch!!! LTL says that she thinks he was trying to make sure that they got their money's worth of time out of him. He had to go out 3 times to go feed the meter and he ended up getting a ticket!!!!

We accidently walked into the same place that they were having their lunch and almost turned around and left because we felt so bad about being there on their special "date" but they sat us in the other room, so we didn't see them at all, except when we had to walk right past them to get to the bathroom!!!!!! And I swear, LTL, we didn't make up flimsy excuses to go to the bathroom, just to walk past you guys!!!! Honestly!!!!

I have lots more to share about our wonderful time on this trip, but I'm going to have to move, cuz I'm laying down on the floor typing this and I'm getting a backache.

Be back later with more!!
Old 02-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Got back a few hours ago. Haven't finished reading all of this thread. Yes, had a great time.

Was so great to meet folks in person. Hey Lori!! Saw that you got your chance with Nick.

Genevieve great meeting and traveling with you on the tours. Post here anytime.

That goes for you too Elizabeth.

CG: Thanks for the tour. I was writing down everything I remembered on the plane so I would not forget and you told your stories so well, I found I remembered a lot of them.

Iggy: Alison Mack was at the London Convention and she is very sweet.

At the BAT my team bowled first with George Hertzberg (adam on buffy) who was delightful. Great sense of humor. His lovely wife was also there. She is very sweet. He had a competition with Anthony Montgomery and Anthony kept creeping up behind him and mimicing his every move and giving him "instruction" on bowling. They were hilarious.

The partial 2nd game we had the very handsome Patrick Fabian who originally comes from Pennsylvania. Not only was he fun, but remembered all of our names even when he MC'd the auction after the bowling.

He is a wonderful auctioneer and his humor and enthusiasm was contagious.
More tomorrow when I've had some sleep. Ciao for now.

Oh, by the way -- we gave Melinda Metz a standing ovation when she was introduced.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Ahhhh! Much better. I'm sitting at a wonderful invention called a "chair" now and I'm finding this much easier to type.

I'm sure Tiger will be doing her very thorough recap of the entire trip, but since I wasn't with her very much, I'll post some of the info from my side as well.

I arrived in town at about 5:30 am on Thursday morning. I ended up driving straight through. Echo told me that she didn't want to hear that I had stopped and slept in a reststop on the way down like I did when I drove down before, so I just didn't stop. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] hehe

I had talked to Sarah aka Snow from the POD thread to see if I could stay with her for a little bit on Thursday to shower and change before picking up Howdy from the Burbank airport, and she said that was totally cool. Only problem was, we never totally coordinated the final directions to her apartment. I had the addy since I had mailed her my stuff for the auction, and I new it was in Studio City, and it was an exit off of the 170, but that was it. So, I took the last exit before the 101 interchange and just decided to try to find it on my own. I knew it was by Jerry's so, I ended up asking for directions to Jerry's at a gas station, and on my way to Jerry's I saw the street sign for the road she lived on and found her apartment. By this time, it's just before 6 am. I debated about whether to just catch some shut eye in the car for a while, or to call her and wake her up. I opted for the later. So, with the cell phone up to my ear, I stood outside her apartment door and called her, telling her I was right outside her place. Stumbling to the door, half awake, she let me in. I had to pick my way around the sleeping bodies on the frontroom floor to make it back to her bedroom, where I crashed for about 3 hours. I got up, showered, changed and hung out for a while, going to the mall with Sarah to help her pick out an outfit for the BAT until it was time to go get Howdy at the airport.

I must say, we had incredible luck with timing this year. I drove surface streets to get to Burbank and I was just circling around the airport when Howdy called and 2 minutes later, I had picked her up and we were on our way to Long Beach, were we were going to spend the night. (Yeah, I know. Long Beach is long ways to go to spend the night, but I have a co-worker who lives down there now, just having moved back from Seattle last summer, and she really wanted to see me.) So, we went and picked up my friend from work, and then we ended up going bowling that night (I told her that both Howdy and I really wanted to practice for the BAT, so they took us bowling!! It really helped me too. Howdy beat us all the first game and scored a 123. That was a top score for her. We went back to my friend's place and tried to watch Lost in Translation, but we were so tired we just couldn't make it. I'm sure it's a really great movie, but it's too slow for a bunch of exhausted people to watch at 10 pm at night.

(Back with Part II in the next post)
Old 02-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Part II

The next morning, Howdy and I got up and were just talking about getting our showers in and then going shopping in Long Beach for a while before going to pick up Echo at LAX when my phone rang. It was Echo, hoping like hell that we were awake, telling us that she was coming in at 10:15 instead of 11:30. So, Howdy and I raced through our showers and finshed repacking and hit the road, heading for LAX. We had just arrived at LAX and were just getting ready to circle around the airport when Echo called. So, we flipped around and went back to the arrivals and grabbed her and headed back to Long Beach to go to the Long Beach Aquarium. It was totally cool. We got to touch Manta Rays and Sharks, saw the Seal and Sea Lions put on a little demostration, hand feed some Larakeets, and saw lots of fishies.

After that, we headed out trying to find a place to eat. Now, that I'm typing this, I realized that that has been the bane of this whole trip this year, finding a place to eat!!!!! We drove around Long Beach, thinking there would be a place right there. No luck. So, we headed back for the freeway, getting on the 405. Echo said she could take us to this place she knew, but we had trouble figuring out which exit it was. But, by that time, Echo had to eat now, and so we stopped at the In-N-Out Burger and grabbed some Mad Cow burgers. After we headed back on the freeway with full tummies, Echo saw the exit that we should have taken for the restaurant she was thinking of. LOL!!

Well, now we're too far west to take an alternate route to Chatsworth, so we're stuck taking the 405 to the 110 to the 5 to get there. And it was about 4:00 pm. So, we got to see LA traffic. That was part of the tour. Howdy did get to take a picture of the Los Angeles Police Station from the car while we were stopped on the freeway. LOL!!

We finally got to Chatsworth and checked in, only to find that the 2 Queen beds that Echo had been told she had reserved were now only Doubles and that they didn't have Queen beds in the hotel. So, that was just "special" as Echo would say.

Finding food Friday night was fun, as all our food adventure were this trip. We finally decided to go to the cafe at the hotel, since I was taking too long talking to some people at the Meet and Greet. Mistake. We had one guy serving everyone in the place and he would disappear for long periods of time. We have no idea what happened to him. Echo refers to this time as the time when we were held hostage. We couldn't pay our bills to get out of there!!! We seriously considered just walking out of there by that time. Ice had arrived by that time and had to go flag the guy down to take our credit cards and pay our bills.

Ok, everyone else is in bed right now, so I guess that's my clue to close down. Part III will have to wait a little while. I don't know if I'll be on again tomorrow and I won't be home until late Wednesday to type more, but I'm just starting to get to the good stuff, so I hope you'll bear with the slight delay for more.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Morning! [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

Pookie's 13 today! [img]smilies/party.gif[/img] She punished me with silence all last night for making her do dishes, so she's got that teenage thing down ! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

BBS after coffee!
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] to Pookie

6th rock I look forward to reading more of your adventures [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Sorry to hear that Nick got a ticket [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

thanette [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Okay, that's it for me today.
I feel like poo and have to go to work then the funeral. I just want my bed.

Have a good one all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 02-10-2004, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

Ah! We're back!
Of course its time to leave for work though....
I'll have to try to catch up there. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Good days all!

Virus news
Quote:
New 'Doomjuice' Worm Emerges, Targets Microsoft

Mon Feb 9, 5:43 PM ET

Add Technology - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Reed Stevenson

SEATTLE (Reuters) - A new worm dubbed "Doomjuice" targeting Microsoft Corp.'s Web site emerged on the Internet on Monday, which security experts said slowed parts of the software maker's home page.

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Absolute Fan

Anybody who filled out the UPN survey to get a free DVD containing 2 episodes of Jake 2.0

IT'S ON THE WAY

They started mailing them last Friday.
You get
1. The Pilot
2. The Spy Who Really Liked Me (Which is NOT the second episode of the series BTW)