Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi

Greetings from Hollywood [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Having a great time. The BAT was awesome, the Q&A and auction/raffle were great. I have lots of pics but won't be able to post them until I get home. Lori won't need a plane, she's just going to float home - she had a great time with Nick. All of the celebs were fun and very accessible. LTL, Thanette, Jero and I popped into an internet cafe near Carol's highschool.

Hi to everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

LTL and I are looking forward to lunch with Nick.

Bye [img]smilies/ufo.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi! I am sooooo jealous! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

LTF, got you PM... Promise to write back tonight! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Details, ladies! Details!!!

[img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

I seem to recall that a few other people enjoy Karen Marie Moning's novels, so I thought I'd let y'all know that she has a new Web site. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] to hear about everyone meeting Nick! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
hugs, Tas
Old 02-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Anyone have the Amici Forever CD? They are the "opera band" and pretty darn good! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Pookie said she'd help me paint if she didn't have to do dishes... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'll never fall for that again! 10 minutes and she's disappeared! [img]smilies/chase.gif[/img] AAAgh! Her Bday is on the 10th and she may be getting coal! No wait - that's Christmas, ainit? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

TTYS
[img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] OTOs

Everyone not able to make it out to the BAT was missed. ...but just be patient. You can enjoy the BAT vicariously. You'll be seeing so many pictures of the BAT, you'll be begging us to stop posting them. CG, sorry about your cameras woes. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] Thanks for the new thread.

I just left a bunch of happy OTOs and Roswellians oohing and ahhing over slides of Jason and company at the Hollywood Fantasy and Horror (?) Poster Shop. I nearly slipped and fell from all the [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] produced by the collective bunch. And before this, where were they? At Fredrick's of Hollywood. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Pimp Daddy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Have a safe drive home.

Echo, Becky, Lori,Tiffany and [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img] the others driving/flying home tonight, have a safe trip.

Softie, mission accomplished. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] No, Shiri, but Majandra was there.

LT & Oceana, WTG for finding an internet cafe. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

So, thats what more than 4 inches looks like? [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

Liz, Tas, & [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] , thanks for the purdy pictures.

I am pooped. I have to catch up on the last thread and this one and then I'll post more. But, I just have to say that Nick is THE most generous and gracious - and funny - celebrity I've ever had the pleasure to meet. ... And, LT & Oceana, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as I wolf down my tasty cup o' yogurt during my barely 30 minute lunch break. Have a splendiferously wonderful time with our guy Nick. We all expect stories and pictures galore of your "nooner with Nick" [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 02-08-2004: Message edited Tekgirl ]
Old 02-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

WOW!! Lots of Nick to go around. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I agree...he is a great guy.

Ummm.....I'm not feeling to well so I think I'll lie back down. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Looking forward to pics and stories. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

q
Old 02-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img]

HEY OTO's!!!! I'm here at Cookie's Computer and she's being a doll and letting me do a super quick post....

We are having such a blast and the BAT was a stitch and a half. Our POD team bowled with Patrick Fabian (who plays the really awful principal on JOA) and let me tell ya, he's an incredible person!! (Not to mention incredibly handsome!!) [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Jason Ritter bowled on the lanes next to us and he's soooo nice...I have a new appreciation for him and Michael Welch who plays the younger brother. Anthony Montomery (who plays Mayweather on Enterprise) is another person who is TOTALY not like his character!! He's so hyper and a funny guy.

Anyway, a bunch of us are spending tonight in Hollyweird, and are spending much too much $$$ at the aforementioned Poster Shop [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

BTW....Spam's um, 8" were very impressive [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

I'll be back here on Weds, so I hope everyone has a safe trip home!!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Some disjointed thoughts and disconnected ramblings about the BAT:

Mother Nature was on her best behavior and showed off the beauty of the LA area to BAT participants. A Santa Ana wind came up to heat the valley (70 degrees +) and to blow away the smog, clouds and other assorted things we have in our LA air. The upside: a crystalline view of the valley and the two mountain ranges the valley sits between, plus an opportunity for the frozen BAT participants to thaw out. The downside: allegeries kicked up (poor Lori and others), flus and colds descended (AlienWendy and me), and dry skin, chapped lips and chapped hands abounded. But it sure was worth it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

It was great to reunite with OTO friends (I know Im going to leave someone out... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] sorry in advance) CG, Nosee, Settled, Lori, 6th Rock, Echo, Vicki, LTL, Oceana, AlienDawn, Marice, Maya, Bellestar, rpmdragon, jero, ESq2B (Tiffany), Rueben (LeeAnn), Lady2theMax, jero, Ice/Leah, Tigereyes and.... and.... and.... arghhhh...who did I miss?

And it was terrific to meet in person OTOs Ive never met before: Thanette, Howdy, OOTW, M&M, and....... [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img]

Our BAT goodie bag contained assorted stuff, including a poster of Smallville. Needless to say, most of us were not that excited about a Smallville poster until someone noticed the backside of the poster...... An Angel poster featuring Spike and Angel. [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

Most of us only bowled a game and three or so frames of the second game. The BAT was a bit late in getting started and we had to get off the lanes because they were booked after 3:00 for another function.

This year there was a huge tent for registration and the auction, which was very nice. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Great idea, Becky. Except for the lights going out during the auction and my personal fear that the tent might blow over during some of the stronger Santa Ana wind gusts, everyone was comfortable inside the tent. There were even indoor heaters to keep us warm.

This year, in addition to the post bowling auction/raffle, there was a silent auction. 6th Rock donated some of her Roswell audio CDs complete with her amazing artwork and detailed lyrics booklets adorned with Roswell art. Her CDs were a big hit and made lots of money in the silent auction (and at the auction as well). I was lucky enough to win one of them. 6th Rock, youre the best.

Entertainment Central was Vicki, AlienDawn & Marice (the LV crew)s hotel room at the Radisson. Maya another crew member, and her husband Edgar also contributed to the fun. (Good gravy, my mind is mush - I hope I didnt leave anyone out.) There was lots of partying - and not much sleeping - going on at their room. I pooped out and went to bed early, but I heard the partying went on until after 3 am on Saturday night.

I got to thank Melinda Metz for creating the characters we all fell in love with. She was very modest and said that she should thank the fans of the show. She was amazed, impressed and humbled with at all that the fans have done for charity in the name of Roswell.

In the Who knew they were so funny??? department: Anthony Montgomery (Enterprises Ensign Travis Mayweather), Patrick Fabian (Joan of Arcadias Mr. Price) and George Hertzberg (Adam from Buffy) were hilarious at the post-bowling Q&A and auction. At the Q&A, Jason Ritter told a very funny story about his experience getting a bikini wax - a real bikini wax [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] - for Swimfan. But Ill let someone else relate that story. Anthony and Patrick were great auctioneers. Nick didnt act as auctioneer this year, but he was the last celebrity to leave the BAT. He was open and available to anyone who wanted to visit with him. All during the auction and raffle, he sat up front answering questions and signing autographs. In fact, he even signed Loris OTO tee shirt. Theres another story to tell there... but maybe Lori wants to tell it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And in the Once you meet him youll fall in love with him department, Chico Benymon (Spencer in UPNs Half & Half), wasnt able to participate in the bowling part of the BAT this year because he was busy being honored as a nominee for an Image Award. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Chico. (The Image Awards show will be broadcast in March.) But he did drop in after, just in time for the auction. His arrival was greeted by an ovation, loudest of which was provided by the Gutter Geeks who were lucky enough to bowl with him last year. He offered himself, well, actually, a dinner with himself, to the highest bidder and then promised to match that bid and donate it to FSMA. Well, boys and girls, let me tell you that there was quite a spirited bidding war going on between our Settled, who was determined to win that dinner, and NolaDarling, who was just as determined to win. At the last BAT, NolaDarling offered to donate money to FSMA in return for a kiss from Chico. She got her kiss and nearly swooned into a dead faint from it. I guess that kiss left a lasting impression because she had to win that dinner with Chico. I do have pictures of our Settled in action. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But, Settled lost the bidding war and NolaDarling won the dinner with Chico with a very generous bid - which Chico matched. Nick also offered himself up for grabs, not once, but twice! And, as you know, LTL & Oceana won that wonderful prize. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Last night several of us participated in an OTO rally trying to coordinate cars and eating places. Hmmm....maybe the start of a new tradition? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Well, somewhere around 9:30 ish, most of us met up (thank goodness for cells phones!) and had a fashionably late dinner at the Claim Jumper. There were about 15 OTO/Roswellian ladies (I dont recall the exact number) and Nosee - the only guy and sultan of the harem. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Without providing any details, all I can say it that Nosees new posting name will be Pimp Daddy or simply PDaddy [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Ill let him or one of the others provide the details. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] There is lots more to tell, but its bedtime for me. So, Ill leave it up to the other OTOs share their experiences. [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

[ 02-09-2004: Message edited Tekgirl ]
Old 02-09-2004, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I'm baaaaaaaaack! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

My plane arrived at DFW 42 minutes early, BUT we had to sit on the tarmac 45 minutes waiting on another plane to load and leave so I actually ended up being late [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Son found me on time, but then we got lost leaving DFW and took an hour detour the wrong way [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think he was secretly in cahoots with Settled [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Vinity!! You finally got your truck! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I'm so happy for you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Wild, [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img], Groundhog, LTF and anyone I missed [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

PDaddy I hope you have a good trip home [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Did you get anymore waitresses to table dance for you? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

'Indiana Jones' aka Gooder....you hunky thing you [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] I think Tiger and I need to work on getting you to the OTO/BAT events [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Loooooooooooved your pic [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Spam hmmmm good thing you put that measuring tape with the lens because it looks smaller on the screen [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I met some really wonderful OTOs and other Rosfans this year that I have posted with, but didn't know 'in the flesh'.

We took 'scenic' tours everywhere [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Thank goodness for cell phones! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I froze my butt off with the winds they were having in CA [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
I caught a lovely cold which dampened my fun some [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I had great roomies [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Vicki provided my LOVELY treasured pic that Nick signed for me and a few others I treasure as well. Thanks, Vicki [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

George Hertzberg, Anthony Montgomery, and Jason Ritter were so funny and I enjoyed seeing Devon Gummersall as well [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Spent a few minutes talking with Covina Guy's friend Phil McKeon as well. Very nice man [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I had thought he was so cute on 'Alice' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Anthony bowled next to us and he would put his arm around me and console me on my gutter balls....he finally caught on to the name of our team [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
The Gutter Geeks didn't have a celeb the first time so Anthony sort of adopted us too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The second game we had a little gal named Felica Day, from 'Buffy'. She is from Austin, Texas ( my birth place) so we had a nice chat about Texas and skin care [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

* Genevieve *!!! So good to see you post on our thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I see you and Covina Guy, Oceana, and Tek did a pretty good job of letting everyone know I saw Nick [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
NICK!!! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] What can I say?
I did not pass out...I was cool, calm, and collected....I think [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Tek told him right off the bat that I'm obsessed with his feet [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
I think my obsession skeert him [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I took as many pics of him as I could....which were not as many as I would have liked, but I'm happy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
He shook my hand and then put his arm around me as Tek took a few pics of us [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
And later on in the tent when the other celebs had gone I made my way up in the dark to sit and listen to him talking to Alien Wendy and Sarah. I asked him a few questions then asked if he would sign my shirt and he said, "Sure". So with 6th Rock sitting behind him grinning I knelt down for him to sign my shirt. I had to take my jacket off my shoulder (She said I was stripping if I remember correctly [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )and then Nick and I pulled the shirt so he could sign it on the front. I was pulling out and he was pulling flat to my skin. 6th Rock said something about 'making it flatter' for Nick to sign and I laughed and said, "I don't go flat there." Nick grinned and started to quietly laugh and then his fingers brushed the top swell of my breast as he signed my shirt. (sigh) I was VERY happy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
He was extremely polite and I was impressed at how he took time with everyone and stayed long after all of the other celebs were gone.
Nick very definitely lived up to my expectations [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
And I must say...I greatly envy LTL and Oceana their wonderful lunch on Monday with Nick! If I had been flying out on a different day I would definitely given them a run for their money! I'm so glad it was OTOs that won the chance to be with him though [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's fitting and perfect [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I want LOTS of details ladies [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, it's after one and though I'm not tired, I need sleep for my meeting tomorrow.

Night all [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 02-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Tassy, Tekkie, Tiger, Quinnie, and Lori!! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

Yall made me [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] ! Hope I didn't wake Pookie! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Nickypoo got to cop a feel, huh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think PimpDaddy needs to write a poem! [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

No coherent thoughts now... Goin back to bed... [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

Attack [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]gies!

LTF [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Got your PM! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

[ 02-09-2004: Message edited Nuinelinwen ]
Old 02-09-2004, 02:12 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] He didn't 'cop a feel' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I wouldn't have minded if he had [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
My son said the same thing you did [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Especially when he saw where the shirt was signed [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Um, it's after 2 and I REALLY need to go to bed now since I have to be up at 5:20 [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Night all ....really!
[img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 02-09-2004, 03:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Dawn and I are back!

[img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Morning! Hey Vicki, Dawn, and Lori! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

Areyou up Lor? Buffy's on! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Any pics of Nick groping - I mean - signing you? [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]

Ready for school? I know Pookie is - not!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Time for java!

EDIT: Hi Wild! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[ 02-09-2004: Message edited Nuinelinwen ]
Old 02-09-2004, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Welcome back, everyone!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Lifer #1
Old 02-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]
'Buffy' is on here too, [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
VH1 and 'Buffy'.

I'm so freaking tired...took Benedryl at 2:00 a.m. and the alarm went off at 5:20...so wrong.
My right ear is 'still' stopped up...could be partially because of my cold/allergy. I feel icky, but I'm up and mostly ready.

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] no pics of Nick signing the shirt....you will just have to ask 6th rock and Dawn about it since they were there [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Vicki and Dawn girls....did you have fun in the town of erotica? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

manthing are you [img]smilies/lurking.gif[/img] ? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Off to see if I really want to get dressed or take a 10 minute siesta.

Lori